英語の整序問題6問:解答解説をお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英国の病院での出来事を通じて、看護師たちは巧みに死者の遺体を処理しました。
  • テレビの歴史の擁護は、理解のための手段としてのイメージの力を取り入れることを必要とします。
  • アーサーがノッティンガムに移ったのは、彼の叔父がレース倉庫を持っていたときでした。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の整序問題

整序問題で、分からなかった問題6問です。難しく思いました。解答解説等、教えて頂けると助かります。お願い致します。 1 I remember that once in a cottage hospital in England a man died while we were at tea,and though there were only six of us in the ward the nurses managed things so adoritly that the man was dead and his body removed (hearing/it/our/without/till/about) tea was over. 2 A defence of television history necessarily involves a (of/as/imagery/the power/in/belief) a behicle for understanding. 3 (was/Arthur/that/when/was/it/eight) his parents moved to Nottingham, where his Uncle George had a lace warehouse. 4 The past two centuries (in/seen/immense/have/an/increase) the range of garden plants. 5 In the history of skirts, the more voluminous they became, (to/the/it/more/was/difficult/wear) fitted mantles or jackets with them. 6 The best way for a collector to ensure he can find what he wants is to develop an interest in something machine-made. Mass production has democratised (within/collecting/and/it/brought/reach) of ordinary people.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.3

1.の和訳 >かつてイングランドの田舎の小病院で私たちのお茶の時間だった時、ある男性が死んだことを、私は思い出します、そして、その病室には私たち6人しかいなかったのですが、看護婦はとても巧みに物事を処置したので、その男性は死んでいて、彼の遺体は運び出されたのですが、お茶が終わるまで、私たちがそのことについて耳にすることはありませんでした。 にして下さい。失礼しました。また、adoritly ⇒ adroitly だと思われます。 ☆余談 最近ご活躍の Him-hymnさん にとっても厄介だったようです。3.以外、私も、あちこち検索して、原文を見つけられないと大変だったと思います。入試問題も難しければよいとは思えません。お気の毒です。

a0itone
質問者

お礼

解答解説、ありがとうございました。訳の訂正もわざわざ助かりました。 1問目からいまいち文の意味が分からず、苦戦しました。 今まで見た中でもなかなかかみごたえのある整序だと思ったら、上智の問題でした。 しかし、全く手が出なかった訳でもなく、3,4辺りからは、正解したものもあったので、そこは良かったかなと思います。

その他の回答 (2)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

1. I remember that once in a cottage hospital in England a man died while we were at tea, and though there were only six of us in the ward the nurses managed things so adroitly that the man was dead and his body removed (without our hearing about it till) tea was over. かつてイングランドの田舎の小病院で私たちがお茶を飲んでいた時、ある男性が死んだことを、私は思い出します、そして、その病室には私たち6人しかいなかったのですが、看護婦はとても巧みに物事を処置したので、その男性は死んでいて、彼の遺体は運び出されたのですが、私たちのお茶が終わるまで、そのことについては聞かれることがありませんでした。 <参考> https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%22the+nurses+managed+things+so+adroitly+that+the+man+was+dead+and+his+body+removed%22&oq=%22the+nurses+managed+things+so+adroitly+that+the+man+was+dead+and+his+body+removed%22&aqs=chrome.0.57j62.7580&sugexp=chrome,mod=15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 2. A defence of television history necessarily involves a belief in the power of imagery as a vehicle for understanding. テレビの歴史の擁護には、必ず、理解のための媒体としての想像を喚起する力に対する信頼を含みます。 <参考> https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=A+defence+of+television+history+necessarily+involves+a+belief+in+the+power+of+imagery+as+a+vehicle+for+understanding.&oq=A+defence+of+television+history+necessarily+involves+a+belief+in+the+power+of+imagery+as+a+vehicle+for+understanding.&aqs=chrome.0.57j60l3j64.2397&sugexp=chrome,mod=15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=serp&tok=-QzCSSE0cRkuolYeNzGqlA&pq=%22a%20defence%20of%20television%20history%20necessarily%20involves%20a%20belief%20power%20of%20imagery%20as%20a%20vehicle%20for%20understanding.%22&cp=62&gs_id=7s&xhr=t&q=%22A%20defence%20of%20television%20history%20necessarily%20involves%20a%20belief%22&pf=p&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&oq=%22A+defence+of+television+history+necessarily+involves+a+belief%22&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.aGc&fp=b440ac92e81425e9&bpcl=40096503&biw=1366&bih=643&bs=1 3. It was when Arthur was eight that his parents moved to Nottingham, where his Uncle George had a lace warehouse. 彼の両親がノッティンガムへ引っ越したのはアーサーが8才の時でした、ノッティンガムでは、彼のジョージおじさんが、レースの倉庫を持っていました。 ☆強調構文  4. The past two centuries have seen an immense increase in the range of garden plants. 過去2世紀は、園芸植物の範囲における巨大な増加を見てきました。⇒ 過去2世紀には、園芸植物の種類が大変増加しました。 ☆無生物主語の構文。「~の時代が・・・を見た⇒~の時代には・・・があった」 <参考> http://www.economist.com/node/2281561 右のフェイスブックマークの Follow the Economist on Facebook の左の段落 Other men's flowers のタイトルから、The past two centuries ... を参考にして下さい。 5. In the history of skirts, the more voluminous they became, the more difficult it was to wear fitted mantles or jackets with them. スカートの歴史においては、それら(スカート)が、だぶだぶになればなるほど、それらとマントやジャケットをフィットさせて着ることがより難しくなりました。 ☆ The+比較級..., the+比較級...の構文。it was を to 原形の前に置くことも注意。 <参考> http://books.google.co.jp/books?id=jjFK839CoqEC&pg=PT38&lpg=PT38&dq=%22In+the+history+of+skirts,+the+more+voluminous%22&source=bl&ots=SESqnNufsA&sig=coR_B3rU5GBCCl2Q4OF6Btgws6Y&hl=en&sa=X&ei=QpfRUMjpOOPYigfbtYGACA&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAQ 6. The best way for a collector to ensure he can find what he wants is to develop an interest in something machine-made. Mass production has democratised collecting and brought it within reach of ordinary people. 望むものを見つけることができることを確実にするコレクターにとっての最高の方法は、機械製の何かに対する関心をもつことです。 大量生産は収集を民主化して、収集が普通の人々の手の届く範囲のものとなりました。 <参考> http://www.economist.com/node/5323744 右のフェイスブックのマーク Follow the Economist on Facebook の左の段落 But the best way for a collector ... を参考にして下さい。

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

1 I remember that once in a cottage hospital in England a man died while we were at tea, and though there were only six of us in the ward the nurses managed things so adoritly that the man was dead and his body removed ( without hearing about it till our ) tea was over. adoritly? もしかしてadorningly 2 A defence of television history necessarily involves a ( belief in the power of imagery as ) a behicle for understanding. behicle → vehicle 3 (It was when Arthur was eight that ) his parents moved to Nottingham, where his Uncle George had a lace warehouse. 4 The past two centuries ( have seen an immense increase in ) the range of garden plants. 5 In the history of skirts, the more voluminous they became, (the more difficult it was to wear ) fitted mantles or jackets with them. 6 The best way for a collector to ensure he can find what he wants is to develop an interest in something machine-made. Mass production has democratised ( and brought it within reach ) of ordinary people. collectingが入れにくくて困ってしまいました。 最後の問題がわからず申し訳ありません。 あとは大丈夫だと思います。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

a0itone
質問者

お礼

早速の回答ありがとうございました。 いろいろ考えて下さったようで、こちらこそ恐縮です。 参考にさせて頂きます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の問題について

古い英文学なのですが、この物語の中の父親の人物像について、どのようなものだと書かれていますか? 書かれている部分とその意味を教えてください。 Father made a great point of our getting down to breakfast on time. I meant to be prompt, but it never occurred to me that I had better try to be early. My idea was to slide into the room at the last moment. Consequently, I often was late. My brothers were often late, too, with the exception of George. He was the only thoroughly reliable son Father had. George got down so early, Father pointed out to me, that he even had time to practise a few minutes on the piano. The reason George was so prompt was that he was in a hurry to see the sporting page before Father got hold of the newspaper, and the reason he then played the piano was to signal to the rest of us, as we dressed, which team had won yesterday’s ball game. He had made up a code for this purpose, and we leaned over the banisters, pulling on our stockings and shoes, to hear him announce the results. I don’t remember now what the titles were of the airs he selected, but the general idea was that if he played a gay, lively air it meant that the Giants had won, and when the strains of a dirge or lament floated up to us, it meant that Pop Anson had beaten them. As Father didn’t approve of professional baseball, we said nothing to him about this arrangement. He led his life and we led ours, under his nose. He took the newspaper away from George the moment he entered the room, and George said good morning to him and stepped innocently into the parlour. Then, while Father watched him through the broad doorway and looked over the political headlines, George banged out the baseball news for us on the piano. Father used to admonish him with a chuckle not to thump it so hard, but George felt that he had to. We were at the top of the house, and he wanted to be sure that we’d hear him even if we were brushing our teeth. George always was thorough about things. He not only thumped the piano as hard as he could but he hammered out the tune over and over besides, while Father impatiently muttered to himself, “Trop de zèle.” Upstairs, there was usually some discussion as to what kind of news George was sending. He had not been allowed to learn popular tunes, which it would have been easy for us to recognize, and the few classic selections which were available in his little music-book sounded pretty much alike at a distance. George rendered these with plenty of goodwill and muscle but not a great deal of sympathy. He regarded some of the rules of piano-playing as needlessly complicated. The fact remained that he was the one boy who was always on time, and Father was so pleased by this that he bought a watch for him with “George Parmly Day, Always on Time” engraved on the back. He told me that as I was the eldest he had meant to give me a watch first, and he showed me the one he had bought for me. It was just like George’s except that nothing had been engraved on it yet. Father explained that to his regret he would have to put it away for a while, until I had earned it by getting down early to breakfast. Time went on, without much improvement on my part. Dawdling had got to be a habit with me. Sometimes my lateness was serious. One morning, when breakfast was half over and I had nothing on but a pair of long woollen drawers, Father called up from the front hall, napkin in hand, that he wouldn’t stand it and that I was to come down that instant. When I shouted indignantly that I wasn’t dressed yet, he said he didn’t care. “Come down just as you are, confound it!” he roared. I was tempted to take him at his word, but thought there might be some catch in it and wouldn’t, though I hurried, of course, all I could. Father ate his usual hearty breakfast in a stormy mood, and I ate my usual hearty breakfast in a guilty and nervous one. Come what might, we always ate heartily. I sometimes wished afterward that I hadn’t, but it never seemed to hurt Father.

• 英作文整序問題お願いします。

( )内の語句を並び替えて作る問題です。日本語はついていません。 自分で考えた答えに間違があると思いますので教えて下さい。 (1)She nodded,beginning to cry. She saw the tears in his eyes,but he kept smiling (his,of,that,smile,little) that little smile of his (2)In the survey,20 % complained that some companies had (that,closed,job,offers,were ) to women. job offers that were closed (3)Rescue workers attempted to locate more survivors of a ferry disaster (believed,200 people ,have,to,killed). believed to have killed 200 people (4)Japan has seen its economy grind to a halt (not ,way,experienced, a,in) since 1970. in a way not experienced 日本語訳はどうなりますか? (5)The activities of early humans for (consisited,enough,finding,food, ages,of),of protecting themselves against danger,and of reproducing. finding food consisted of enough money of ages???????????? これはわかりません。

• 英語の質問です!

Fred thought he was a very clever man, and he was particularly proud of his skill in mathematics, ュ「but as often happens with people who have perhaps too high an opinion of themselves, he was impatient, and seldom listened to what others were saying. ュ」He was particularly bad about listening to his wife, and she often complained bitterly about this. お願いします!!

• 英語 整序問題

1, Nonody ((1)have(2)his abilities(3)likes(4)questioned(5)to) by his boss. 2, After the American Revolution of 1776, those who had supported Britain ((1)found(2)unable(3)to(4)stay(5)themselves) in the new United States. 3, We are talking about a famous film which is on next week and I say to a friend of mine : "Let's go ((1)that(2)and(3)be(4)supposed(5)see(6)film(7)to) very good." 4, The secretary ((1)tell(2)what had happened(3)forget to(4)while he(5)her boss) was away. 上記4つの整序問題の答えを教えて下さい。

• 再び構文把握の問題です

教えてください。本当にすみませんが、自分なりに頑張っても分からないので再投稿させていただきました。先ほどと違う文章です。 強調構文の考え方です。It is~thatと言う文章でこれらを省略しても文章が成り立っているのなら強調構文である。と書いてありました。 It is a fact that he wants to know.→a fact he wants to know→He wants to know a fact.となり、たとえば、It is a fact that he has won the game.は同じようにやるとa factの役割が不明になり、前とは違って成り立たない。よってこれは強調構文ではない。ここまでは理解できます。 しかしこの考え方が次の文章では分かりません。この文章ではどうやって上のような考え方を当てはめればいいのでしょうか。 It ewasn't until mysuitcases and I were piled into a little Fait and the man in dark glasses was telephoning to his mamma that he would be late for supper, that the voice of my mamma could be heard above my desperation. この文章は「It ewasn't until」と「that the voice of 」の「that」が呼応してます。

• この英語の問題の解答を教えてください。お願いします。

この英語の問題の解答を教えてください。お願いします。 ( )内にははいる最も適当な語句をa~dで選びなさい。 1,( ) of our department is Ms.Vance. a,Head b,A head c,The head d,heads 2,The airplane flew over ( ) . a,a Alps b,an alps c,the Alps d,Alps 3,It is ( ) day that I would like to go on a picnic. a,so a lovely b,such lovely a c,a quiet lovely d,such a lovely 4,We have rented the car ( ) . a, by the hour b,by every hour c,by an hour d,by hours ( )内に適当な冠詞を入れなさい。不要な場合は×を入れなさい。 When Ali was still a schoolboy,he wanted to be ( ) tescher. He was very interested in ( ) history and wanted to study ( ) history of his owncountry and then teach it. In Ali visited village there was ( ) old man who had read a lot of history books. Ali visited him ones ( ) week during school holidays, and wrote down what ( ) old man told him about fifty years before. 各文の誤りを抜き出して訂正しなさい。 1,She patted me on my shoulder. _________________________ → ________________ 2,It is said that rich are not always happy. ____________________ →_____________ 3,In the sense, your opinion is right.

• 整序問題

2,6,7の訳も出来たらお願いします。 1Sam couldn't find the proper word (should,which,the situatin,account,for,he,with). 2Literature is a precious (may,of,resource,learn,a country,other,nations,which,through). 3What's the name of the man, (she,whose,got,to,married,son)?  4 When I first went to Rome, (I found myself,I had read,many historic monuments,to see,about,very excited). 5“The shop will be closing soon. Are you ready to go?” “Well, (all,is,I've got,the shopping,to go,to get) list.” 6There is a linguistic (in,expressed,difference,be,subjects,in,can,how,English and Japanese). 7It was Einstein who came up with the theory of relativity. It was (the way,the universe,see,that,we,a,changed,new idea).

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (26) In the end, he was killed at the height of the powers by men he thought were his friends. It was particularly sad that Brutus was among the assassins. According to Suetonius, Caesar, as he wasdying, turned to Brutus and said, “You too, my son?” (27) Brutus didn't feel guilty about betraying Caesar. He was proud of it. His ancestor was the Brutus who had expelled the last King, Tarquin the Proud, from Rome. Brutus issued a coin to celebrate the Ides of March as Caesar's assassination day. The coin shows the deadly daggers that had killed Caesar and the “cap of liberty” traditionally worn by slaves after they were freed. Brutus bragged that he had saved Rome from slavery. (28) But the murder of Julius Caesar did Rome no good. The city faced another 13 years of civil unrest and war. Assassination did help Caesar's reputation, though. In his will, Caesar left a gift of money to every Roman citizen. More that ever, he was the common man's hero, so admired that later rules of Rome adopted the name Caesar. (29) Brutus and his friends thought they were serving Rome and saving the Republic by killing a man who had become too powerful, a man they feared might make himself king. They were shortsighted. The Republic was already dying...almost dead. Rome would soon be dominated by a single ruler. That man would be Caesar's great-nephew and heir, Augustus Caesar.

• とても長いのですが翻訳のお力添えを願います

Lazzero was called to Pisa to his great and rich inheritance. When he had entered into possession, he took only one mansevant to serve along with the old woman, and he kept on the steward who looked after the land and the crops.  Now all the world at once wanted to find him a wife, forgetting all about his coarseness and his stupidity. But he replied resolutely that he wanted to wait four years longer, and then he would think about it : so after that, not a word more was said, for they knew his nature. He, by way of living a gay life, refused to associate with any man of birth, and fled from conversation faster than devils flee from the cross.  By good luck there lived opposite him a poor man called Gabriello, with a wife named Santa, and two children, one a boy of five and the other a girl of three, and that was all they were, in their little house. But Gabriello was a fisher and a bird-catcher and a perfect maker of cages, and he kept his family as best he could by his fishing and his bird-catching, helped all the same by his wife, who wove linen cloth.  This Gabriello, as God would have it, was so like Lazzero in the face, that it was a marvel; they were both red-haired, their beards were of the same size and thickness, so that they seemed born at the same birth: and not only were they alike in appearance and in build, but they were almost of an age, and as I have said before, their ways were so much alike, that if they'd been dressed the same, it would have been hard to find anybody who would have known them apart, even Gabriello's wife herself would have been deceived. Only the clothes made a difference, because the one was dressed in the roughest stuff, and the other in the finest cloth. (急いで打ったため、打ち間違えがあるかもしれません。)

• 英語です。適語を入れる問題です。得意な方

2つの文が同じ意味になるように(--)の中に適語を入れなさい。 1.This is the reason why I came late.= This is the reason (--) (--) I came late. 2.I know an old man named Smith.= I know an old man (--) name is Smith. 3.May 5 is my birthday.= May 5 is the day (--) I was born. 4.I know a girl with brown eyes.= I know a girl (--) (--) brown eyes. 5.The building on the hill is a castle.= The building (--) (--) on the hill is a castle. 6.I didn't believe him.= I didn't believe (--) he said. 7.The road is full of cars, so it is the most dangerous place in the city.= The road, (--) is full of cars, is the most dangerous in the city. 8.I called on my aunt, but she was out then.= I called on my aunt, (--) was out then. 9.He had two sons,but both of them were killed in the war. = He had two sons, but both of (--) were killed in the war. 10.It was not the thing that I wanted to do now.= It was not (--) I want to do now. 11.Everyone longs for peace and security.= There is (--) one (--) longs for peace and security. 12.He came to the dinner because he admired her.= His admiration for her was the (--) (--) he came to the dinner. 13.His father was a barber. He loved his father deeply and lived in the same house for thirty-five years.= His father,(--) whom he was deeply attached and (--) whom he had lived thirty-five years,was a barber. 14.I am ready to do (--) service may be in my power.= I am ready to do (--) service (--) may be in my power. 長くなりましたが、できる方、お願い致します