近い意味の英語表現とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I have been trying all morning to get in touch with Mr. Junes.
  • Yesterday was the first time John ever let me down.
  • They fought bravely, but gave in in the end.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

[英語]()に近い意味のもの教えて下さい><

1. I have been trying all morning to (get in touch) with Mr. Junes. (1) go (2) play (3) communicate (4) contemplate 2. Yesterday was the first time John ever (let me down). (1) awoke me (2) convinced me (3) disappointed me (4) helped me 3. They fought bravely, but (gave in) in the end. (1) won (2) died (3) fled (4) yielded

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

1.(3) 2.(3) 3.(4)

関連するQ&A

• what 以降の意味の判別について

I was confirmed in that belief by the testimony of my own eyes in the lodging of a drunken man who was run over and has since died, to whose daughter, a young woman of notorious behavior, he gave twenty-five roubles on the pretext of the funeral, which gravely surprised me knowing what pains you were at to raise that sum. この文章のwhat painsについて分からない部分があります。 このwhat は感嘆の用法として使われていて、you were at to raise that sum.が pains を修飾しているのか、それとも What が関係形容詞になっているのか 分からないです。 解説お願いします。どういう根拠で、 この2つの用法を判別すれば良いのかの知識を教えて下さい。

• こういう時どうすれば

仲良くしだしたEpalからこのようなメールがきましたが親は死んでいるということですか? もししんでいたのなら、全体的に長いメールでしたがあえてこのことに(親のこと)ふれるべきなのでしょうか?どういえばいいのでしょうか? 教えて下さいお願いします。 My hometown is Florida that is where I was born and raised. I miss it very much. I have a house there as well because after my parents died, they gave me the house there. I haven't been there in a few years though. I also have one sister as well.

• 英文を書いてみたのですが添削してもらえないでしょうか

The Green Mile This movie was released in 1996, and it was nominated for four Academy Award. (Best Supporting Actor, Best Picture, Best Sound, and Best Adapted Screenplay ) The title means road to the electric chair. The scene of this story is on death row in the 1930. 1930 year was an age of serious great depression in the United States. One day, a new inmate arrives. His name is John Coffey who is 7-foot-tall , and black male. He convicted of raping and killing two young Girls. At first sight, John Coffey seems very ferocious, but actual John is gentle giant. Sometimes he cries, because he afraid of darkness. Surely most audience think he is not man who can murder young girls. However he was found by police holding corpse. In fact he has extraordinary healing powers, who reveals by healing warder’s urinary tract infection and resurrecting a mouse. When John is asked to explain his power, he merely says that he "took it back. On that day John defy to care girls. John is innocence. Regrettably, John was sentenced to death, so he can’t escape to death penalty. The director have much concern with John’s initial. John’s initial is the same Jesus Christ. John was modeled on god. He tried to save the human, but he was killed by human. His life resembles Jesus Christ. He had said I was tired before it died. Perhaps god thought so too.  This film picks up the problem of race, and false accusation. John’s lawyer conceive a prejudice against black man. The lawyer thought Black man is the same as dog. He said even if it is usually obedient, that might bite us suddenly. This idea was general in 1930. It is not an exaggeration to say that discrimination to the black executed John. In the last scene, a hero says everyone walks in a green mile of the life. He was 108 years old now, but there is no person who lives a long life in this age. He was helped his sick by John, but he couldn’t save John from electric chair. He probably received John’s life when he was helped. But he thinks his long life is visitation. The prisoner wants to live more, but warder who enforces the death sentence hopes for the death. It is the sarcastic one. 映画「グリーンマイル」についての文です。 わからないところはエキサイト翻訳を使ったので、変なところがあると思います・・・。 でも自分ではそれが変なのかわからなくて困っています。 添削お願いします!

• 英語の翻訳です。よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

Most billionaires work hard to build their fortunes. With the money they earn, they can buy large homes, expensive cars, and private airplanes. But even after spending millions of dollars, they still have huge amounts of money left over. What do they do with it? Charity has always been an option. About 100 years ago, Andrew Carnegie, the world’s richest man at the time, gave away most of his money. His gifts went to thousands of libraries, schools, and other groups. Another big giver of the past century was John D. Rockefeller. He donated money to hospitals, universities, and other charities. In recent years, we’ve seen a new group of super-givers. At the top of the list is Bill Gates. In 1994, using money from his Microsoft fortune, he set up a charitable foundation. Now known as the William & Melinda Gates Foundation, it first helped US libraries get connected to the Internet. Then it turned its attention to fighting diseases like AIDS and malaria in poor countries. In total, from 1994 to 2013 the foundation gave away more than $28 billion. In 2006, Warren Buffet announced that he too was giving away most of his $40 billion fortune. Buffet admires what Bill and Melinda Gates are doing. So, under Buffet’s plan, five-sixths of the money that he is donating goes to the Gates Foundation. Will more of the super-rich become philanthropists? There is some doubt. Once a year, Forbes magazine puts out a list of the world’s richest people. Some billionaires really do care about their place on the list. To keep a high spot, they may choose to hold onto their money. But with the donations of Gates, Buffet, and others, that trend may start to turn around. More wealthy people may be inspired to try for a high spot on the list of super-givers.

• 英語添削お願いします。(TOEFL-IBT)

文法など至らない点が多く申し訳ありませんが、よろしくお願いします。 問:What do you think is the best parents? 解答: Children can’t choose their parents. In my case, I’m proud of my parents and I think I’m happy to be their child. What makes parents the best one depends on some reasons. I’ll explain them one by one. First, the best parents must have the ability to wait and see. To think of myself, it is natural that children can’t deal with the problem well at first. And in many cases, if they have enough time to try it again and again, they will surely make it. However, if their parents make them stop tackling the problem and help them, children will fail to accomplish their goals and lose their confidence. For example, when I was in my elementary school, my teacher gave me a lot of homework. I tried so hard to do it, but sometimes it was too difficult for me. I begged my mother for some help, but she refused it and said that she believed me that I could do it by myself. I didn’t understand what she said, and I felt she was not the best mother. Anyway, finally I did it and I was so proud of myself and felt I could do everything from now on. However, if my mother helped me at that time, I just finished my homework without getting confidence. Second, the best parents will give many experience to their children, for example, sports, traveling, and working. This is because what children have learned in their childhood will give them many choices of the future plans. If a father plays baseball with his boy, it can happen that the boy wishes he will be a baseball player. For example, my parents gave me the great experience with dogs and now I became a veterinary student. So, it is very important that the parents make their children experience many things to make their future shine. To sum up, the best parents should know children don’t belong to them. By thinking this way, they can wait and see how their children are doing, and do the best things in order to make their future soundful.

• 翻訳をお願いします。

以下の文章の訳をお願いしたいです。 宜しくお願いしますo(_ _*)o John Murphy's Patient Story: Up and Running Again (1)At the age of 45, John Murphy, an active runner and successful marketing executive, had a stroke. In 2005, on the night of the Chicago Marathon, while celebrating with family members at a local bowling alley, his hamstring severely cramped up. While on the ground stretching, John experienced numbness in one of his arms and was unable to get up. (2)A bystander noticed this irregularity and called 911. "I could'nt get up and couldn't move anything on the left side of my body," said John, "I remember doctors poking a pin into my foot to see if I could feel anything, but I couldn't. It was shocking." (3)Returning to the Prime of His Life:After four days in the ICU, John was admitted to the RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) Prime of Life Stroke Rehabilitation Program, which is designed for people with stroke whose active lives demand more aggressive intervention. The program focuses on not only rehabilitating people with stroke whose active lives demand more aggressive intervention. The program focuses on not only rehabilitating people after a stroke, but also educating them about preventing complications and subsequent strokes. (4)I encountered RIC at a critical point in my recovery," said John, "I felt I really got the level of attention and motivation I needed to make good progress." As part of the Prime of Life program, John worked with physical therapists to regain strength and coordination on his affected left side. Specific exercises prescribed by the therapists helped John regain his balance end, eventually, the ability to walk again. (5)The Best Care:"Having been a runner all these years, I have nursed two broken ankles and plenty of sprains and strains through physical therapy, so I thought I knew what rehabilitation was going to be like. But the therapists and doctor at RIC were constantly educating me on how and why they had me do what I was doing," said John, "I have never encountered that level of interaction in rehabilitation before and I think it made all the difference in emprowering me to work harder." (6)Today:Today John has returned to work in Austin, Texas as a markeing executive with a software provider. He is running again, traveling, and playing golf. In late spring, less than a year after his stroke, he returned to RIC to visit his therapists and others from the stroke program."John and I joke around about runnning the 2007 Chicago Marathon because we were both in the marathon on that October morning in 2005," said Lori. "When he left RIC as an inpatient, the last thing he said to me was, 'See you at the finishline!' I have no doubt that I will see him there next October."

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

非常に拙い文章ですみません。 明らかにヘンなところだけでもOKですので、添削していただければ助かります。 ここはこう言った方がかっこいい!とかも嬉しいです。 私としては特に、「この状態では完璧に仕事をこなすことができないと思い」のところが不安です。 このままでは「仕事を全くこなすことができない」にとれませんか? I had learned Italian language in Italy before. After I have returned to Japan in 2007, I worked in an office where I helped candidates who want to study various arts in Italy. For this work, I could use mainly Italian language to communicate with staffs of the art school in Italy, but then it was also necessary writing and sometimes also speaking English because of various nationalities of candidates and students. Since I had learned English at university I can use it anyway. But I think that I couldn’t be useful perfectly in this situation so I left my job. Then I looked for other jobs which proper to me, but in Japan many works which are related to Italy require also ability of English. For this reason I decided to learn it seriously. I believe learning English will be much help for me.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been dating a great guy, “Max,” for about a year. Not too long after we met (we weren’t dating then), we started talking about family, siblings, etc. I mentioned I’d had a sister who died at a young age in a car accident. He said he’d lost a brother, “John,” the same way. It bonded us in a way, and it wasn’t long after that talk that we began dating. Over the Memorial Day weekend I went with Max to visit his family. They live in another state, and it was the first time I met them. Max’s mother was showing me some family pictures, and there were several of John. I know how hard it is for mothers to talk about their dead children, so I was as sympathetic as I could be. I mentioned my sister, and her car accident. Max’s mother looked at me kind of strangely but didn’t say much. Later I was talking to Max’s sister and again mentioned John’s death in a car accident. His sister corrected me and said it wasn’t a car accident, it was an OD. Apparently John OD’d when he was 18. This isn’t something I’d mind or find shameful. I know some addicts, and they are good people. It is the addiction that is bad. What I don’t understand is why Max lied to me. I can see lying to a stranger. I don’t like people in my personal business anymore than Max does. I don’t like people in my personal business anymore than Max does.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

While out of town with my boyfriend, we went to the breakfast buffet at our hotel. We were the only ones in the room of the help-yourself-style breakfast. They were out of cream cheese at the time and I found myself disappointed. Trying to be helpful, my boyfriend went into fixer mode and helped me look around the room to see if I’d missed it or if we could find a stash to replenish the supply, which included him quickly checking in what I’d assumed to be an unlocked closet/storage area. went into fixer modeはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、if we could find a stash to replenish the supply, which included him quickly checking in what I’d assumed to be an unlocked closet/storage area.の和訳もお願いします。よろしくお願いします

• 英語長文です。答えを教えてください。

About fifteen years ago a little girl was sitting in a rusty wheelchair outside the central hospital of Maputo, the capital of Mozambique. The girl had no legs and she was perhaps ten years old. Her name was Sofia. Today, Sofia is one of my closest and dearest friends.(1No one has taught me as much as she about the conditions of being human. )Nor has anyone taught me more about poor people's unprecedented power of resistance--those who are forced to survive at the bottom of society in a world we all share and inhabit :so unjust and brutal. It was early in the morning. Sofia and her sister were running along a small road in her village. Sofia knew very well that she and her sister should keep to the road. There was something she called (2earth crocodiles) buried in the ground by the side of the road and they could snap at you. The girls were running. Children play, as it is their given right, and they forget, which is also their given right. With her right foot Sofia accidentally stepped to the side of the road. She put her foot on a land mine. However, (3the mine had been placed in the ground in such a manner that the major part of the explosion that followed was directed at her sister Maria, )who died instantly. Sofia was brought to the hospital, drenched in her own blood. The doctor who took care of Sofia when she arrived at the hospital said, "Since she was so seriously damaged, we were hoping that Sofia would die along with her sister. Her legs torn apart, her chest blown to pieces, everything." Yet Sofia survived. She had greater strength than the entire military industrial complex that tried to take her life, which continues to hold the poor hostage, the poor who cannot defend themselves (4on equal terms. )Within her body and mind Sofia carried with her the strong will to ( 5 ) of the poor people of the world. Today, Sofia has become a symbol all around the world of the resistance against the usage of land mines. For many young people, she has become a heroine. She is a heroine for me as well. When I saw Sofia walk with her new artificial legs, I experienced profound happiness in my life. At that very moment I also claimed what would later be my, as well as Sofia's, motto in life. "It is never too late! Everything is still possible!" In an instant her life was blown apart, but she resisted and she fought back. Nothing could defeat her. What Sofia brings me is hope, hope for the future. Her (6indomitable) spirit cannot be broken. 問題 1.下線部(1)を日本語に直しなさい。 2.下線部(2)と同じものを具体的に表す語句を本文中からそのまま抜き出しなさい。ただし、単複数の別は問わないものとする。 3.下線部(3)を日本語に直しなさい。 4.下線部(4)の意味として最も適切なものを選びなさい。 (1)対等に (2)条件付きで (3)仲良く (4)同じ用語で 5.空所(5)に入れるのに最も適切なものを選びなさい。 (1) learn (2) walk (3) resist (4) play 6.下線部(6)の意味として最も適切なものを選びなさい。 (1)impossible to discourage (2) having an optimistic view of life (3) independent-minded (4) very friendly and helpful 7.本文の内容に合うものを2つ選びなさい。 (1)About fifteen years ago, the author visited the central hospital of Maputo to see one of his closest friends, Sofia . (2) It was quite natural for Sofia and her sister to forget about land mines buried in the ground while running along the road. (3) Sofia was so hopelessly injured that the medical staff at the hospital gave up doing anything to help her survive. (4) Among those around the world who are against using land mines, Sofia is admired as a symbol of resistance. (5) The author decided his motto in life on seeing Sofia walk with her new artificial legs.