[英語]並び替え問題を教えて下さい><

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 彼は学生時代、勉強をおろそかにしたことを後悔している。
  • 彼女の説明が説得力のあるものだったので、われわれとしては彼女を信じるしかなかった。
  • 以前は畑だったところに、家が次々と建てられている。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

[英語]並び替え問題を教えて下さい><

1. 彼は学生時代、勉強をおろそかにしたことを後悔している。 He (of/neglected/in/having/repents/studies/his) his school days. 2. 彼女の説明が説得力のあるものだったので、われわれとしては彼女を信じるしかなかった。 Her explanation (believe/but/convincing/could/not/so/that/was/we) her. 3. 以前は畑だったところに、家が次々と建てられている。 Houses (on/be/being/built/are/used/to/what/) fields. 4. 彼女の誕生日のお祝いは土曜日に催される予定だった。 Her (be/birthday/to/Saturday/held/on/celebration/was). 5. He (have/the/cannot/of/been/facts/ignorant). 6. Why should (an/given/he/him/obey/order) by a perfect stranger? 7. They are very kind to me. They (their/as/I/own/me/son/if/were/treat).

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • MXT500
  • ベストアンサー率67% (101/149)
回答No.1

1. 彼は学生時代、勉強をおろそかにしたことを後悔している。 He repents of having neglected his studies in his school days. 2. 彼女の説明が説得力のあるものだったので、われわれとしては彼女を信じるしかなかった。 Her explanation was so convincing that we could not but believe her. 3. 以前は畑だったところに、家が次々と建てられている。 Houses are being built on what used to be fields. 4. 彼女の誕生日のお祝いは土曜日に催される予定だった。 Her birthday celebration was to be held on Saturday. 5. He cannot have been ignorant of the facts. 彼はそれら事実に無知だったはずはない。 6. Why should he obey an order given him by a perfect stranger? 彼は、何故赤の他人に出された指示に従ったのか。 7. They are very kind to me. They treat me as if I were their own son. 彼らは私に親切だった。彼らは私を彼ら自身の息子であるかのように扱う。

その他の回答 (1)

• MXT500
  • ベストアンサー率67% (101/149)
回答No.2

No.1 です。 6の訳文について補足・訂正 スペースアルクで Why should ..? の実例を調べると やや強い調子の反語「なんで..するのか。..しなくたっていいだろ」になる場合が多いようです。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=why+should&ref=sa 訳文を 彼は、なんで赤の他人によって出される指示に従うのか。(従わなくもいいだろう) と訂正します。

関連するQ&A

• こちらも書き換えお願いします

次の英文を( )に当てはまるように書き換えてください お願いします こちらも至急です [1] He insists that they are innocent. → He insists ( )( ) being innocent. [2] He repents that he was idle in his youth. → He repents ( )( ) been idle in his youth. [3] He is ashamed that she ( ) her promise. → He is ashamed ( ) having broken her promise. [4] He was afraid that someone might oppose his plan. → He was afraid of ( )( ) his plan. [5] There was no doubt that he had heard the news. → There was no doubt of ( )( )( ) the news. [6] This bridge is not strong. The truck cannot cross it. → This bridge is not ( )( )( )( )( ) to cross. [7] They are discussing what they should do next. → They are discussing ( )( )( ) next. 基本的な問題ばかりですみません・・・

• 英語の添削をお願いします

並べ変え問題です。自分でやってみましたがあってるかどうか教えて頂けますでしょうか? (1)The opinions ( booklet, the, a, set, been, against, out, project, in, have ).→The opinions have been set out against the project in a booklet. (2)One of the leading newspapers ( all, scandal, severest, for, with, the, called, punishment, of, concerned, the ).→One of the leading newspapers called for the severest punishment concerned with all of the scandal. (3) They are ( new, the, with, of, party, to, the, side, aims, unlikely ).→They are unlikely of the aims to side with the new party (4) She ( admiration, of, feeling, a, with, had, jealousy, mingled ).→She had a mingled feeling of admiration with jealousy. (5) Her refusal to ( like, wet, him, acted, spirits, accompany, a, on, his, blanket ).→Her refusal to accompany his spirits on acted him like a wet blanket. (6)A ( question, the, to, a, urgency, letter, raised, of, newspaper ).→A question of the newspaper raised urgency to a letter. (7) He made a clumsy ( apologize, simply, me, the, attempt, made, to, worse, to, matter, but ).→He made a clumsy attempt to me but to apologize simply made the matter worse. (8)She was ( crane, the, through, part, carelessness, the, on, killed, operator, of, the ).→She was killed on the part of the carelessness through the crane operator . (9)I was somewhat ( causal, her, to, suffering, attitude, human, at, shocked ).→I was somewhat shocked at her causal attitude to suffering human. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の問題です。

特に【A】と【E】が難しく感じました。 それぞれの問題で訳や何か重要なポイントなどを合わせてつけてくださると助かります。 お願いいたします。 【A】 1 Linda doesn´t dance much now, but I know she () a lot.   アwas used to イused to ウwould エwould have 2 The tourists were made () for more than six hours at the airport.   アwait イwaited ウto wait エwaiting 3 A seventeen-years-old is () to vote in an election.   アnot enough old イold not enough ウnot old enough エenough not old 4 John, () the news of the earthquake, couldn´t utter a word.   アshock at イshocking at ウshocked at エhaving shocked by 5 We were taught that the American Revolution () over in 1783.   アis イhas been ウhave エwas 6 Mother seems to be () on Monday, when she has lots of things to wash.   アbusiest イthe busier ウthe more busier エthe most busiest 7 () from the expressionon her face, she doesn´t seem to be very pleased with the result.   アSeem イLooking ウGuessed エJudging 8 I´m afraid Tom´s argument rests only on his imagination, not on ().   アfancy イfictions ウopinions エfacts 9 Look () the words in the dictionary whose meanings you don´t know.   アon イout ウup エwith 10 I was late because my car broke () on the way.   アup イin ウdown エby 11 The result fell short () our expectations.   アfrom イof ウfor エin 12 She took her guests into the kitchen to show () her new washing machine.   アoff イup ウaround エinto 【B】 1 Everyone laughed loudly when he appeared on the stage.   Everyone burst into () when he appeared on the stage. 2 I never see this picture without thinking of my high school days.   This picture always () () of my high school days. 3 We met her at the station by chance.   We () () meet her at the station. 4 He got quite angry with me when I broke his cup.   He () () temper with me when I broke his cup. 【C】間違いの指摘 1 The road remained (closing) for (more than) a week (owing) to the (heavy) snow. 2 This is the park (where) we (used to) (visit) (when young). 3 (That´s) (the way how) she (got) (out of) danger. 4 Jane is (much) (pretty) (than) (beautiful). 5 He was (long) lost (in) deep (thought) with his arms (folding). 【D】 1 It (be,remains,to,whether,seen) the new car will sell well. 2 He suggested (she,to,that,take,her,up) music lessons. 3 He (from,is,for,far,suitable) the job. 4 He speaks French, (say,English,nothing,to,of). 【E】次の英文と同じ内容を表すもの 1 Not all of his plans were accepted.   アThey didn´t take any of his plans. イThey turned down some of his plans.   ウThey accepted all of his plans. エAll of his plans were rejected. 2 He stops in from time to time.   アHe never comes to see us. イHe visits us occationally.   ウHe visits us ever hour. エHe hardly ever comes to stay. 3 We have something in common.   アIn two ways, we´re different. イIn one way, we´re similar.   ウIn no way are we identical. エIn some ways, we´re the some in appearance. 4 The trouble with Seth is that he always takes things seriously.   アSeth has trouble taking things seriously.    イIt´s a lot of trouble for Seth to take things seriously.   ウSeth takes things seriously, and as a result, gets other people into trouble.   エOne of Seth´s problems is that he takes things seriously. 以上です。

• <答え合わせ>

<答え合わせ> 次の英語の問題の答え合わせをお願いします。 また,出来れば,解説・和訳もお願いします。 (1)He was quite(1.for,2.at,3.in,4.with)a loss what to do. (2)He seems to be worrying(1.with,2.of,3.for,4.about)the results. (3)I have no knife to sharpen the pencil(1.by,2.at,3.for,4.with). (4)She was late(1.with all,2.because of,3.by means of,4.in spite of)the traffic jam. (5)He had to cope(1.for,2.with,3.on,4.about)a lot of difficulties. (6)His business resulted(1.from,2.with,3.in,4.to)a great loss. (7)The photo reminded me(1.of,2.for,3.by,4.to)my happy childhood. (8)I can’t tell him(1.for,2.from,3.with,4.against)his twin brother. (9)She is entirely ignorant(1.of,2.on,3.with,4.to)the world. (10)He succeed(1.on,2.in,3.to,4.at)getting a new job. (11)He bought the book(1.for,2.by,3.with,4.in)a dollar. (12)She is independent(1.on,2.from,3.of,4.with)her parents. (13)A gentleman was sitting(1.on,2.with,3.in,4.by)his legs crossed. (14)They sang(1.with,2.to,3.along,4.after)his guitar. (15)Mother is leaving(1.from,2.to,3.for,4.out of)Paris tonight. 答えは (1)4 (2)4 (3)4 (4)2 (5)2 (6)3 (7)1 (8)4 (9)1 (10)2 (11)3 (12)3 (13)2 (14)2 (15)3 になりました。お願いいたします。

• 英語の問題について

古い英文学なのですが、この物語の中の父親の人物像について、どのようなものだと書かれていますか? 書かれている部分とその意味を教えてください。 Father made a great point of our getting down to breakfast on time. I meant to be prompt, but it never occurred to me that I had better try to be early. My idea was to slide into the room at the last moment. Consequently, I often was late. My brothers were often late, too, with the exception of George. He was the only thoroughly reliable son Father had. George got down so early, Father pointed out to me, that he even had time to practise a few minutes on the piano. The reason George was so prompt was that he was in a hurry to see the sporting page before Father got hold of the newspaper, and the reason he then played the piano was to signal to the rest of us, as we dressed, which team had won yesterday’s ball game. He had made up a code for this purpose, and we leaned over the banisters, pulling on our stockings and shoes, to hear him announce the results. I don’t remember now what the titles were of the airs he selected, but the general idea was that if he played a gay, lively air it meant that the Giants had won, and when the strains of a dirge or lament floated up to us, it meant that Pop Anson had beaten them. As Father didn’t approve of professional baseball, we said nothing to him about this arrangement. He led his life and we led ours, under his nose. He took the newspaper away from George the moment he entered the room, and George said good morning to him and stepped innocently into the parlour. Then, while Father watched him through the broad doorway and looked over the political headlines, George banged out the baseball news for us on the piano. Father used to admonish him with a chuckle not to thump it so hard, but George felt that he had to. We were at the top of the house, and he wanted to be sure that we’d hear him even if we were brushing our teeth. George always was thorough about things. He not only thumped the piano as hard as he could but he hammered out the tune over and over besides, while Father impatiently muttered to himself, “Trop de zèle.” Upstairs, there was usually some discussion as to what kind of news George was sending. He had not been allowed to learn popular tunes, which it would have been easy for us to recognize, and the few classic selections which were available in his little music-book sounded pretty much alike at a distance. George rendered these with plenty of goodwill and muscle but not a great deal of sympathy. He regarded some of the rules of piano-playing as needlessly complicated. The fact remained that he was the one boy who was always on time, and Father was so pleased by this that he bought a watch for him with “George Parmly Day, Always on Time” engraved on the back. He told me that as I was the eldest he had meant to give me a watch first, and he showed me the one he had bought for me. It was just like George’s except that nothing had been engraved on it yet. Father explained that to his regret he would have to put it away for a while, until I had earned it by getting down early to breakfast. Time went on, without much improvement on my part. Dawdling had got to be a habit with me. Sometimes my lateness was serious. One morning, when breakfast was half over and I had nothing on but a pair of long woollen drawers, Father called up from the front hall, napkin in hand, that he wouldn’t stand it and that I was to come down that instant. When I shouted indignantly that I wasn’t dressed yet, he said he didn’t care. “Come down just as you are, confound it!” he roared. I was tempted to take him at his word, but thought there might be some catch in it and wouldn’t, though I hurried, of course, all I could. Father ate his usual hearty breakfast in a stormy mood, and I ate my usual hearty breakfast in a guilty and nervous one. Come what might, we always ate heartily. I sometimes wished afterward that I hadn’t, but it never seemed to hurt Father.

• 英語 整序問題

1, Nonody ((1)have(2)his abilities(3)likes(4)questioned(5)to) by his boss. 2, After the American Revolution of 1776, those who had supported Britain ((1)found(2)unable(3)to(4)stay(5)themselves) in the new United States. 3, We are talking about a famous film which is on next week and I say to a friend of mine : "Let's go ((1)that(2)and(3)be(4)supposed(5)see(6)film(7)to) very good." 4, The secretary ((1)tell(2)what had happened(3)forget to(4)while he(5)her boss) was away. 上記4つの整序問題の答えを教えて下さい。

• 英語小問題

わからなかったものを中心に書いてます。 お願いします。 ・次の各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように()内に適語を補いなさい 1He isn't back yet. Perhaps he missde his train. He isn't back yet. He ()()()his train. 2 It's a pity that you didn't tell me the truth. You ()()() me the truth. 3 It's a pity that laughed at his mistake. You ought () to ()() at his mistake. 4 You waited for me, but it was not necessary.  You needn't ()() for me. ・並び替えなさい。 1 You (at/be/if/laughed/will)you wear that silly hat. 2 Such a thing ought (about/be/not/spoken/to) in public. 3 Last night he (by/got/stopped/the police/while) he was driving home.

• 英語の問題で分からないのがあるので教えてください。

次の英文を日本語に訳してください。 ・Be it Japanese patients or foreign ones, few are capable of communicating fully with a doctor. ・The last thing Pang wanted to do was to explain her problem in Japanese, which was not her native language. ・Japanese hospitals sometimes fall short of Japanese patients` needs as well as those of foreigners, but there is room for them to improve as they are making efforts to be more helpful to all patients. 次のかっこの中でを間違えがあるので、それを指摘したうえで、正しい形に直してください。 ・Please explain (me) (why) you (failed) (to come) yesterday. ・I found there were some pages (missing) from the book which I (had lent) from the library (nearby) (the other day). ・Bob spent (a lot) (more) time (to study) English than (history). ・A friend of mine (from) high school (became) to known a (talented) actor (on) board the ship. 次の日本語の意味になるように、( )内の語句を並べかえてください。 ・彼女は高所恐怖症なので、空の旅は楽しめなかった。 Her (enjoying/ fear / from / heights / her / of / prevented ) the flight.

• 英語ができる方、問題をお願いします。

英文中の空所に入る適切な語または語句を選択肢から選びなさい。 またその英文を訳しなさい。 1. No one could tell me how ( ) the machine.  (1)starts (2)it start (3)starting (4)to start 2. The question ( ) at today's meeting is whether we should postpone the plan till next month.  (1)discussing (2)is discussed (3)to be discussed (4)to be discussing 3. His parents were pleased ( ) that he was fitting in well at his new job.  (1)by (2)with (3)to he heard (4)to hear 4. The story of Anne's terrible accident was painful ( ).  (1)of listening (2)to be listening (3)to have listened to (4)to listen to 5. My grandfather was carried into the hospital to ( ) for high blood pressure.  (1)be treated (2)be treating (3)treat (4)treating 6. He survived the operation, ( ) to die in a car accident.  (1)as (2)only (3)except (4)without 7. I tried hard ( ).  (1)do not laugh (2)not to laugh (3)to laugh not (4)to not laugh 8. It is important ( ) us to read more books.  (1)by (2)for (3)from (4)of 9. It was careless ( ) to lose the room key.  (1)for from (2)of me (3)with me (4)to me 10. "Can you stay a little longer?" "( ), but I have another appointment."  (1)I'd like (2)I'd so (3)I'd like to (4)I'd love 11. These bag are too haevy ( ).  (1)to carry (2)to carry them (3)to carrying (4)to carrying them 12. I think June is patient ( ) to overcome her hardships.  (1)enough (2)able (3)much (4)likely 13. He went out of room quietly ( ) disturb the discussion.  (1)so not as to (2)to not (3)not as to (4)so as not to 14. Tom trained every day in ( ) to improve performance.  (1)order (2)older (3)trouble (4)ruins 15. The revised notice tells us that we are ( ) the final exam next week.  (1)to take (2)taken (3)taken to (4)taking to 次の英文の下線部には箇所が一箇所ある。その番号を選び、正しい形に直しなさい。 またその英文を訳しなさい。 1. ( 【1】He warned ) me ( 【2】to not go ) to ( 【3】that dangerous area ), so I ( 【4】changed my plans ). 2. Some words the professor ( 【1】used ) ( 【2】in ) her lecture were ( 【3】impossible ) to ( 【4】translate them ). 3. He is ( 【1】said ) to ( 【2】be ) ( 【3】very ) smart when he was ( 【4】young ). 4. In 1821, Babbage found ( 【1】it ) difficult ( 【2】to make ) machine parts ( 【3】enough accurate ) ( 【4】to prevent ) errors in calcuation. お手数をおかけしますが、どうか宜しくお願いします。 間違いなどありましたら、お知らせください。

• 英語の問題

問、日本文に合うように(  )内の語を並べかえよ。 1、彼女の目に喜びの涙が浮かぶのが見えた。   We(coming/could/eyes/in/her/joy/of/see/tears). 2、後になって初めて、何かおかしいとふと思った。   Not(did/it/later/occur/until)to me that something was wrong. 3、昨日の彼の発言は私にはあまり重要でないように思われた。   What he said yesterday (of/sounded/little/importance) to me. 4、ジムの性格を考えると、友人を裏切ったという事実は驚くに当たらない。 Considering Jim`s character,the fact that he batrayed his (be/friends/is/nothing/surprised/to) about. 5、いつものことながら、私が書いたものを読み返してみると、不備な点がたくさん目につく。 As is oftten the case with me,I cannnot reread (finding/have/I/is/that/there/what/without/written) much to be revised. 6、明日何が起こるか分からないから人生は面白いのだ。 Life is interesting (is/may/because/knowing/what/happen/no/there) tomorrow. お願いします。