Help Find Missing People and Support Recovery in Tohoku

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Joining a volunteer work in Tohoku to search for missing people from the devastating earthquake that occurred a year and a half ago.
  • Despite the horrifying scars of the disaster, there are still over 2800 people missing, living with the aftermath.
  • It is crucial to find the missing people as soon as possible to help their families take a step towards recovery.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文チェックをお願いします・

以下の英文の添削をお願いできますでしょうか? I took part in volunteer work in Tohoku where I was searching for missing people from the horrible earthquake which happened a year and a half ago. There are still over 2800people who have not been found. I had to have a feeling of helplessness when I saw the horrible scars of the disaster, but it is a reality that there are still a lot of people who lost their family and have to continue to live in the scares. I think it is an important to find missing people as soon as possible so that the family of them will be able to take a step toward recovery. (原文) 1年半前に発生した地震による行方不明者を捜索するためのボランティア活動に参加してきました。今なお2800名以上の方々が行方不明となっています。 災害のすさまじい爪痕を見て、私は自分の無力さを感じざるを得ませんでした。でも、家族を失って、その爪痕の中で生活を続けている方々がいるのも現実なんですよね。 行方不明者のご家族の方々が復興の一歩を踏み出せるようにするためにも、一日も早く行方不明者を見つけることが重要だと感じています。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • naomkb
  • ベストアンサー率74% (56/75)
回答No.1

こんにちは こんな感じにしてみました。 I took part in a volunteer work in Tohoku, where I serched for missing people from the horrible earthquake happened a year and half ago. More than 2800 people are still missing. Looking at the scars left by the horrible natual disaster, I cannot help feeling helplessness; however, it is true that many people who lost their families or loved ones have to continue their lives in such scars. I think it is important to find missing people as soon as possible so that families of them will be able to take a step forward ふfor recovery. この原文は質問者さんが作ったものでしょうか? 英文で何かを作るように、という宿題でもあったのでしょうか? もし、そうであるなら、是非、英語で最初から文章を考える事をお勧めします。 「でも、家族を失って、その爪痕の中で生活を続けている方々がいるのも現実なんですよね。」 というような、感情が入った文章や、日本語のニュアンスが不明瞭なものは、日本語から英語にはとてもしにくいです。 「現実なんですよね」 という日本語の本質は、発言した人がそのニュアンスが一番よくわかっていると思います。 私はここでは「it is true 」と訳しましたが、  現実を見ると、 という意味で looking at reality という英語も使えると思います。 また、「復興」に関しては、 recovery, rebuild, rebirth といった言葉が使われています 私は rebirth という言葉が一番好きです。

marblearch2001
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 原文は、私が実体験に基づいて作成しました。 >感情が入った文章や、日本語のニュアンスが不明瞭なものは、日本語から英語にはとてもしにくいです。 そうなんですよね。ですから私もこのニュアンスをどう出したらいいのか、よくわかりませんでした。 でも、回答者様のit is trueというのは、私にはとてもしっくりくる感じで、なるほど!と感じました。 おかげでとても参考になりました。 本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• この英文が正しいかおしえてください(*´ェ`*)

この英文が正しいか、またもっといい表現があればおしえてください。 (1)あの大地震で、約1万5千人の人が亡くなり、約1万人の人がまだ行方不明だと6月15日のニュースで分かった。 i knew that about 15 thousand people were killed and about 10 thousand people were still missing to a news on 15 june by that big earthquake. (2)ほとんどの人は未だに不自由な避難生活を送っている。 almost of all people have taken shelter in unconfortable surroundings even now. (3)また、福島原発の放射能は人体にも影響を与えている。 additonary, activity of hukushima nuclear power staion presents a danger to publick health. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

Among the many buzzwords we hear in Japan at the beginning of the 21st century, two of the most common are “freeter” and “NEET.” These terms refer to people who either work in temporary jobs (freeters) or those that have no employment, education or training (NEETs). Although freeters are working, most people have a negative impression when they hear these words. One of the images that many foreigners have of Japanese people is that they are diligent. How can it be then that this new breed of people, who appear to have a casual attitude towards work, or are even lazy, came to exist? The answer to this question is not as simple as it may seem.

• 英文の文法チェックお願いします

下記の英文はあっているのでしょうか? I haven't talked to you in a while. I'm sorry that you leave your job When I first get to new workplace, I do not like. I did not like coworkers and my building. Now I get promotion. I get to work with 6 Japanese people and I do not have supervisor always asking questions. I have never meet Penpal before. I start using website in November アメリカ出身のペンパルが書いてくれたものなんですが、一行目のin a whileはfor a while ではないのですか?? あと、ちょこちょこ時制があっていないような気がするのですが(過去形のはずが現在形だったり)、これは普通なのでしょうか?

• 英文チェックしてください

1 In my opinion, the company shouldn’t have taken an action such a way to increase the company’s revenue 2 She shouldn’t have said such a dirty word to him because he was upset with it after all. 3 I should not have entered to the university that is worthless. 1 If I had studied harder, I could have passed the exam. 2 I could have been possible to study abroad if I had been born in rich family. 3 I might have been to the office on time, if I had left my house 5 minutes earlier this mooring.

• 英文チェックお願い出来ませんでしょうか??

It became really convenient. Me, too often buy books by Amazon. However when I visited Honduras in South America as a technical guidance volunteer, Internet used just limited some privileged classes’ rich people, and general public do not receives its benefit, yet. As in rural farm village, information from the Internet does not reach. I felt live in like the “Middle Ages”, but strangely I did not suffer inconvenience from this even though there is no Internet information in rural farm village in Honduras. Moreover, the Japan Oversee Cooperate Volunteers always bring a personal computer with them, but they have trouble with their computer without exception. Thanks to computer and Internet, we can do anything about our life conveniently. In addition, thanks to Youtube and SNS (Facebook, Twitter) government and mass media became difficult to hide the inconvenient matters for themselves. The prominent example is democratic revolution such called “the jasmine revolution” But the confusion has been occurring about “can do everything in Internet”. The hacker who breaks security on the Internet may say so. Could it say right to use splendid technique like WikiLeaks? No, it is wrong. I think the standing person who has a special talent must response for using this. And I think the technique such as hacking must manage only the person who can treat right way. Such a person must have an ambition and a pride. The Japanese exploration satellite “Hayabusa” succeeded the first time in the world “sample return” from the asteroid “Itokawa”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayabusa Nevertheless, JAXA (research organization like NASA) is not well-endowed institute and its “Hayabusa” team stands up against the mission to take the sample from asteroid (distant 6,000,000,000km from the earth) and overcome many difficulties for 7 years. I think this is an ambition and a pride. When I belonged to my last company, some outsourcing company said “we can’t do this offer, it’s too severe” and pull out suddenly. I was obliged to finish the work myself and desperately set up all night consecutively in 2 evening, because I must keep the tight deadline on my pledge of honor. My mission is to build a 100% accurate diagnose system for the students who took an examination. I am self-confident that I constructed a correct and first processing system in those days in Japan. When I told about this system to chief manager of major data processing company of New Zealand, I could receive his feedback: “it is a splendid system”. If you engage me, I would provide all my techniques that I have and could give profit for your company. I accumulate know-how for 15 years on methods of software & IT as an engineer. If you meet me, I convinced you can understand that I obtain remarkable result. If you engage me, you may understand how I am useful within 3 months. If you judge I am useless, you can discharge me. You do not have the risk at all.

• 英訳のチェック

I met some people who still made a point of folding away their Western suits when they got home in the evening and, after the ritual soak in a hot bath, changing into a kimono. 私は、いまだに夜帰宅した時に西洋スーツを畳むことを重視している何人かの人々に出会いました。また、熱い風呂に入浴後、着物に着替える人にも。 私の翻訳があっているかどうか、チェックしてください。お願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

A blind date is a date for two people who have never met before. Their mutual friends usually arrange the match. With the rise of the Internet, blind dates are becoming more common than before. Through instant messaging and Internet chat forums, people have a chance to meet people. Blind dating is exciting for some people, but it can be a stressful emotional experience for others. This may be mainly due to a lack of self-confidence and the inevitable fear of meeting an unknown. In the United States, people often talk about the experience of their friends. Some people like to gossip a lot. People who like to gossip often talk about individuals they may not know and that can be hurtful, especially if rumors and gossip continue to be shared. This conversation is between two friends about another friend. In this case, the two friends, Amy and Lisa, having the conversation want the information to remain confidential in order to protect this mutual friend, Toshi. At the end of this conversation, the two friends agree to keep their information confidential. "I've got your back" is a phrase used as reassurance between friends. the phrase is used to show confidentiality, solidarity and trust.

• 英文読解

In writing these pages, which, for the want of a better name, I shall be fain to call the autobiography of so insignificant a person as myself, it will not be so much my intention to speak of the little details of my private life, as of what I, and perhaps others round me, have done in literature; of my failures and successes such as they have been, and their causes; and of the opening which a literary career offers to men and women for the earning of their bread. (中略) That I, or any man, should tell everything of himself, I hold to be impossible. Who could endure to own the doing of a mean thing? Who is there that has done none? But this I protest:— that nothing that I say shall be untrue. I will set down naught in malice; nor will I give to myself, or others, honour which I do not believe to have been fairly won. (中略)以下の英文について教えてください。 That I, or any man, should tell everything of himself, I hold to be impossible. ・・・・私やいかなる人が自分自身の全てを語ることは、不可能です? Thatは「~のことは」ですか? shouldは話者の強い意志を表したものですか? Who could endure to own the doing of a mean thing? Who is there that has done none? 修辞疑問文ですか? I will set down naught in malice ・・・・私は悪意で無を書きとめるつもりです? どういう意味ですか?in maliceのニュアンスが掴めません。 お手数をおかけしますがよろしくお願いいたします。 ----An Autobiography: Anthony Trollope

• 英文和訳お願いします!

In the age of abundance, the apparent availability of virtually all material necessities tended to lead people to expect speedy gratification of their desires and to have little sense of the length of time over which people in other times and places had had to wait in order to have some of their more basic material needs satisfied. お願いしますm(__)m

• 英語の間違いについて

少し長いのですが・・・ First, I am going to talk about friends. Many people have views. (たくさんの人がそれぞれの考え方を持っている) And it is not similar. (それは似ていない) If I had live in a big city, I could meet people who have some views. I have friends when I was high school student. Some friends of mine goes to college. But others don't go to college. This is because they have a dream. A friend of mine wants to be dancer. She don't go to college, but go to dance school. Thus, I can meet many people because I live in a big city. So I can make many friends. They and I have different views. Therefore, I like talk people. I suppose that we can meet many people in a big city than a small town. もし、間違いやアドバイスなどあれば教えてください。