• 締切済み

英文の文法チェックお願いします

下記の英文はあっているのでしょうか? I haven't talked to you in a while. I'm sorry that you leave your job When I first get to new workplace, I do not like. I did not like coworkers and my building. Now I get promotion. I get to work with 6 Japanese people and I do not have supervisor always asking questions. I have never meet Penpal before. I start using website in November アメリカ出身のペンパルが書いてくれたものなんですが、一行目のin a whileはfor a while ではないのですか?? あと、ちょこちょこ時制があっていないような気がするのですが(過去形のはずが現在形だったり)、これは普通なのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

みんなの回答

noname#195836
noname#195836
回答No.3

>このペンパルには、先月勤め先を辞めた旨をつたえたのですがその返信としてでもI'm sorry you leave jobで問題ないのでしょうか(わたしがさきにI left job last monthと伝えた)。 このひとが残念だと思っていることはおそらく「あなたが職を辞さなければならないということ」で、これは時制に関係しないと思います。おなじ職場のひとではないのだから、「あなたがいなくなって残念(=I'm sorry that we lost you/I'm sorry that you left)シンプルな過去」とは、言ってる内容がちがいますよね。「sorry」のあとの動詞の時制は、現在でも過去でも同じ意味につかえるのは事実。たとえば、I'm sorry that I kept you waiting(過去) は I'm sorry to keep you waiting(現在/原型)とおなじ意味。I'm sorry to have kept you waiting(kept が完了/過去)にする必要がないです(むしろこの言い方が不自然)。 意味てきに「やめるということ」が残念なのだから、現在形でおかしくないはず。それから「that」以下が動詞の原型になる言い方は「I hope that~」で習ってるでしょう?だからここで「leave」が現在でも原型でも、意味/文法どちらもまちがっていない。そういうつかい方をしているのがこのひとのスタイルだと思います。 >あと、now I get promotion ではなくて I've gotten promotion もしくはgot promotion のほうがしぜんなかんじがするのですが。 はなしのしかたがいつも現在形で臨場感をだしているひとっていますよね。あるいはわたしの和訳にあるように、「で、ここにきて昇進」という体言止め。ここに時制の区別はなくてもよい。そういういいかたで「now」に「 I get promotion」とつけていいたいのですから、むしろ「now」に完了形や過去形をつけることは文法のまちがい。「しぜんなかんじ」は、話し手の時制の感覚できめていいはず。「now I get promotion」「I've gotten promotion」「I got promotion」が3つとも文法のまちがいはないのだから、このひとがあえて現在形をえらんではなすことをまちがいとは思いません。 >websiteを使い始めたのも始めたのも去年なのでstartedのような気が・・。 なら、started のうちまちがいでしょう。「ed」はきわめて発音がちいさいから、目で文章を追っていてもその音が耳にはいってこなければ、まちがいに気づかないかもしれません。現在形で書いても文法のまちがいはないので、スペルチェッカーで修正を求められない文章ですから、これは書いた本人がきがつかないとなりませんね。 前の回答では、ここでいってることが現在から近未来にかけてだと考えましたので、現在形でおかしくないと思いました。スポーツの大会で宣誓するひとが、(アメリカの法廷でするように)右手をあげて「I do(=します)」といったら、その「すること」がカバーする範囲は大会期間中の未来すべてになりますから、そこで自分の意思を現在形であらわすこと自体は、文法にかなってるというのが主旨でした。その用法は、ここではあてはまりません。 ということで、例文はどれをとっても文法上のまちがいはないと思います。どの時制でつかうかの感覚が、このひととあなたとではちがうようなので、そこに違和感が生じるのは理解できます。でもその理由はスタイルのちがいなので、ちがうスタイルをみてそれをまちがいというわけにはいきません。ご質問者や閲覧者の方々が感じる「おかしい」というのは、書き手との「感覚のズレ」ということでとどめておかれたらいいと思います。文法もおかしいのでは、と思えてくるのは、錯覚か先入観からかもしれません。 実際にどなたか文法の間違いを指摘できるなら、拝見したいです。 わたしもこのサイトでいろんなひとそれぞれの日本語の文章をよんで、その書き方に好ききらいはありますが、きらいな文書をさして、日本語の文法がおかしい、とはいわないし、きらいなスタイルをさして、これはよしあれはダメ、ともいえないです。とくに、わたしは日本語のネイティブではないですから、日本語のネイティブに対して、そこまで大それたことをいえません。英語のノン・ネイティブが英語のネイティブに対してそれができるのは、日本人は文法が得意だからかもしれません。でも今回にかぎっていえば、おかしい、と考える根拠が、文法でなくスタイルの好ききらいにあったのだと思います。

Porochan1
質問者

お礼

何度も詳しくありがとうございます。 書き方のスタイルの違いなんですね・・なるほど。 英語って難しいですね^^;

noname#195836
noname#195836
回答No.2

回答として、特に問題ないふつうの文章です、ということを説明します(このひとのスタイルを尊重するためで、じぶんもかならずこう書く、という意味ではないです)。 I haven't talked to you in a while. しばらくだったね。「in a while」と「for a while」違いをあえていうなら、そのひとが今回の連絡を待ってたか、予想外だったか、連絡がなかったこと自体なんとも思ってなかったか、コイツ連絡もよこさないで(あるいは連絡してなくて悪かった)と思っていたか、などの心境の違いで「in」にも「for」にもできると思います。このひとにとっては、「in a while」の感覚だったわけです。参照URLに違いについていろいろな意見が出てますので、よんでみてください。 I'm sorry that you leave your job. 仕事やめちゃうの残念。「leave」が現在形では事実とあいませんか?では「that」以下を原型とみなしてください。違和感はありません。  When I first get to new workplace, I do not like. 初日ってイヤなもん。「I do no like」なのは「When I first get to new workplace」そのものだから「like」のあとに目的語がなくてもおかしくないです。 I did not like coworkers and my building. それが同僚だったり、職場のビルだったり(わたしならたとえばトイレが汚い..とかだったり)。時制が過去なのは今までイヤだったことをあげてるからで、次の文で「これから」を話すのだから、ここは過去でいいですね。 Now I get promotion. I get to work with 6 Japanese people and I do not have supervisor always asking questions. で、このたび昇進でしょ。6人の日本人と一緒だし、肩越しにうざい上司もいないし。ということはこれからは会社行くのがイヤでなくなるかも、ということですね。こんど昇進(あるいはいま昇進しちゃってる)だから、べつに時制は現在で問題ないですよね。 I have never met Penpal before. (ところで)文通相手なんてはじめて。または、文通相手と会うなんてはじめて? はじめての経験なので現在完了。「Penpal」はなにかの名前で大文字ですか?ならば、日本語訳は適切なものにかえてみてください。 I start using website in November (じゃ)11月からサイトで。(サイト経由で文通かチャットするのですか?)「します」というなら現在でよい。そのひとの意思をあらわしますから。あえて「will」をつけてもつけなくても同じ意味。「そうします( =I do)」ということをあえて未来にしなくてもいいはずです。 ところでいくつかの文章で冠詞がはぶかれてます。「get to workplace(仕事・職場に行く)」に冠詞は不要、「coworkers」には冠詞はいらない、「get promotion」で「昇進する」だから冠詞なし、同じ文中で「get promotion」と「have supervisor」は呼応するおなじはたらきなので、「supervisor」に冠詞がないのはスタイルとしていいじゃないですか?ならば「using website」も慣用表現として、冠詞はいらないか、ということになり、統一感はありますね。「met Penpal」は、固有名詞なのかどうかわかりませんが、文全体としては、ここだけあってもかえってじゃまなものに思えるなら、なくて間違いとはいえないと思います。だいいち、上記の例文全文をWordのスペルチェッカーにかけても「a」を入れよ、という指示はでてきません。なくていいいものばかりとみなされます。 ちなみに例文をそのままWordの読みやすさチェックにかけました。スコアを解釈すると、 Flesch Reading Ease: 83.3(100点満点中)80点以上ですからとても読みやすい合格点 Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 3.8 3~4年生でも読める平易な文章 ネイティブの文章はこれくら読みやすいのがふつうと思いますが、学校のタームペーパあたりだと、Reading Easeがせいぜい40~60くらいの学生は多いと思います。また論文などで専門用語が増えると、Grade Levelは10~12になってしまいます。わたしの父はモノカキですから、ふつうの文章でも詩でも、スコアはReading Ease=80点以上、Grade Level=3を基準にしています。聖書だとほぼ100点、Grade Level は2までさがったりします。それが目標だったりもします。 なので、例文は特に問題のない文章に読めます。違和感があるのはこのひとの「スタイル」が読み手にとって新鮮だからであって、「文法」がまちがってるからではないはずです。じぶんのスタイルとはちがうかもしれませんが、総合点でいえば、けっして、おかしい文ではないです。そう考えてみてください。これで英文の書き方の理解が深まるといいと思います。

参考URL:
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/113797/in-a-while-vs-for-a-while
Porochan1
質問者

補足

詳しい回答ありがとうございます! もう少し質問させてください。    このペンパルには、先月勤め先を辞めた旨をつたえたのですがその返信としてでもI'm sorry you leave jobで問題ないのでしょうか(わたしがさきにI left job last monthと伝えた)。  あと、now I get promotion ではなくて I've gotten promotion もしくはgot promotion のほうがしぜんなかんじがするのですが。  websiteを使い始めたのも始めたのも去年なのでstartedのような気が・・。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

どこの国でもおかしい言葉を書く人はいます。ですから、○国「出身」者は○国語を正しく書くとは決まっていないようです。     あるイギリス生まれの、英文科の大学教授から、間違いのある手書きの手紙をもらったことがあります。だからと言ってイギリス生まれの大学教授は間違いの英語を書くのが普通とは言えないと思います。

Porochan1
質問者

お礼

早い回答ありがとうございます。 そうなんですね、ほかの英語圏の友達はみんな時制とか他すべて ちゃんとなっていたので、このようなメールに違和感がありました; 

関連するQ&A

• 英文のチェックをお願いします。

英文のチェックをお願いします。 日本には28日に帰ると思います。しかし、Tomからメールが来て仕事がゲットでき、ビザがとれたらツアーが始まるまでの間、すぐロンドンに帰ってきて練習したいです。5月の後半に連絡をとってみてといわれたのでいつメールしようかそわそわしています。なぜなら早くにツアーに入れるか入れないかだけでも知りたいからです。 I will go back Japan in 28th, but if I get a e-mail from Tom and get a job and VISA, I will come back here sooner and do the practice. Mimi said I can contact to Tom in end of this month, you know, so I have very fidgets when I will contact to him, so... I just know I can join the show or not, you know.

• 英文の文法チェックお願いしますm(_ _)m

先日英文の課題が出たということで投稿したものです。 皆さんのアドバイスを参考に修正してみたのですが アドバイスを受けて書いたものもなんか捉えかたを間違って 文が変になってるか不安なので詳しい方チェックお願いします。 (前スレ→ttp://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/qa3924413.htmlです。) あと日本語訳はだいたいこういう意味で捉えてもらえるか どうかの感じなのでそこまで細かくなくても意味が通るか お願いしますm(_ _)m 「 Have you ever thought about what you would like to do in your future? 将来何がしたいか考えたことはありますか? What mine is to travel all over the world, and exprience their cultures especially cuisines. 私は世界中を旅し、それらの国の特に食の文化を経験したいです。 Since I love eating food more than anything, it would be wonderful if I can eat food from entire world and write original "International food journal". 食べることが大好きなので、できたら世界中の食べ物を食べ独自の"国際料理日記”を書けたらいいと思ってます。 I'd like to improve my English which, I hope, will work in most nations, here at ☆ Senior High School. だからこの☆高校でほとんどの国で話されている英語を進歩させたいです。 Then get a good work and save some money in order to travel all over the world. それから良い仕事につきお金をためて旅行したいです。 To make this dream come true, I need to study hard in my senior high school years. この夢をかなえるため勉強に励みたいと思います I think that I can do my best with my dream. わたしは夢があれば頑張れる(がんばることが出来る)と思います。 I want everyone to do the best with a dream. なので皆さんにも夢を持って頑張って欲しいです。

• 英文法チェックしてください

1 I was late not because I was not be able to take a train, but I had to get up early in this mooring. 2 the Japanese education is the worst in comparison to the education in the United States. Everyone should realize how bad that is as soon as possible because which collapse to japan in near the future. 3 You gave me not only motivation bur also spiritual support. 4 I believe Takshi is unique and genius, while other people do not think the same way as mine. 1 In summary, I won the game competition in San Francisco. I am being proud of myself. 2 For this reason, I have to say such a rude word for you.

• You get out what you put in, as the

You get out what you put in, as they say.の意味がわかりません。どう言う意味か教えて頂けますか、下記文の最後に出てきます。宜しくお願い致します。 Do you have to work long hours? Yes. I have to work a long day. I start at 7 in the morning and often do not leave the office before 7 at night. You must be very busy. What do you do? I am in the field of financial management. We look after people's money for them. Even though I do not like my job, I do not think I would like to work 12 hours a day. To be successful you have to work hard. You get out what you put in, as they say.

• 簡単な英文を書きました。英語のできる方文法のチェックをお願い致します。

簡単な英文を書きました。英語のできる方文法のチェックをお願い致します。 It is wonder that you do not have a medical examination 検診を受けないなんて不思議だ It is impossible that early discovery for an illness 病気の早期発見が不可能だ I would like to persuade you to take a medical examination あなたに検診を受けさせたい What should I do for persuade you 私は説得するためになにをすればいいのだろう

• 英文の翻訳をお願いできますか?

彼からのメールのないようですが、英語力の乏しい私には意訳ができません。どなたか翻訳してもらえないでしょうか? I could not respond because of my job yoğunlğundan. At this time in my personal life and my business life, he decides to live in because of the stress I'm not sure. You get very impatient. I do not understand why. People to marry each other very well need to know. I married again to another without fully concluded'm not ready for marriage. Friendship and friendship and love in the coming time, as more development would be better for us. And together we will make better decisions about what to do. Why so quick to make a decision as I insist you do not understand. These are very serious issues. Decision can not be easy. More do not recognize each other full Incentives. And the Japanese society and Turkey have different traditions. In this regard you and me how we can comply with this tradition. I think people need to know each other a long time for marriage. We only We saw each other 2 days. I think this closeness, friendship and love each other without breaking continues in this way and get upset. Conclusions as a result of friendship beautiful. I very busy businessman, I can not take too much time for my private life. Please forgive me because I can not talk much with you.you get to me a very special person and I'm very happy to know you.I want to be with you always in the future. I like you very much.

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 2つの段落になっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Remember also that astrology may not show certain things or I may not be able to interpret them so very clearly, so occasionally something may not show, or there will be just a vague outline there, as though the pieces of fate have not quite formed their picture and there are gaps in the fog. We stand at the gate of eternity and try and get answers. I promise always to do my utmost to interpret the message of the stars and to guide you to happiness if I can... Your soul mate’s chart should fit together with yours like a lock and key, or like four pieces of a jigsaw. When you meet you unlock this special fate and karma of love, and everything you have gone through will have meaning.. I shall look forward to hearing from you again. I am always here to guide you, when ever your inner soul directs you to write to me, I wish you peace love and happiness.

• 英文チェックお願い出来ませんでしょうか??

It became really convenient. Me, too often buy books by Amazon. However when I visited Honduras in South America as a technical guidance volunteer, Internet used just limited some privileged classes’ rich people, and general public do not receives its benefit, yet. As in rural farm village, information from the Internet does not reach. I felt live in like the “Middle Ages”, but strangely I did not suffer inconvenience from this even though there is no Internet information in rural farm village in Honduras. Moreover, the Japan Oversee Cooperate Volunteers always bring a personal computer with them, but they have trouble with their computer without exception. Thanks to computer and Internet, we can do anything about our life conveniently. In addition, thanks to Youtube and SNS (Facebook, Twitter) government and mass media became difficult to hide the inconvenient matters for themselves. The prominent example is democratic revolution such called “the jasmine revolution” But the confusion has been occurring about “can do everything in Internet”. The hacker who breaks security on the Internet may say so. Could it say right to use splendid technique like WikiLeaks? No, it is wrong. I think the standing person who has a special talent must response for using this. And I think the technique such as hacking must manage only the person who can treat right way. Such a person must have an ambition and a pride. The Japanese exploration satellite “Hayabusa” succeeded the first time in the world “sample return” from the asteroid “Itokawa”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayabusa Nevertheless, JAXA (research organization like NASA) is not well-endowed institute and its “Hayabusa” team stands up against the mission to take the sample from asteroid (distant 6,000,000,000km from the earth) and overcome many difficulties for 7 years. I think this is an ambition and a pride. When I belonged to my last company, some outsourcing company said “we can’t do this offer, it’s too severe” and pull out suddenly. I was obliged to finish the work myself and desperately set up all night consecutively in 2 evening, because I must keep the tight deadline on my pledge of honor. My mission is to build a 100% accurate diagnose system for the students who took an examination. I am self-confident that I constructed a correct and first processing system in those days in Japan. When I told about this system to chief manager of major data processing company of New Zealand, I could receive his feedback: “it is a splendid system”. If you engage me, I would provide all my techniques that I have and could give profit for your company. I accumulate know-how for 15 years on methods of software & IT as an engineer. If you meet me, I convinced you can understand that I obtain remarkable result. If you engage me, you may understand how I am useful within 3 months. If you judge I am useless, you can discharge me. You do not have the risk at all.

• 英語の手紙…間違いが無いかチェックして下さい!!!!(結構長いです↓

挨拶の文を入れると800字超えちゃうので、挨拶無しで失礼ですが、チェックお願いします。 Dearest greandpa and grandma Hello. This is ***(私の名前). I haven't seen you guys for such a long time. Do you remember the day you were telling me that you want to come to Canada someday? I watched the movie about Canada today and found some similarities and differences between Canada and Japan, so I'll tell you what those were, so when you come to Canada, you'll at least know some similarities and differences of Canada and Japan!! First of all, Canadian people enjoy the winter sports while not many Japanese people do that. Although we have snow in Japan, we don't really enjoy having the snow. However, Canadian people enjoy it and do some winter sports like dogledding, canoeing in the iced water or sking. I think you guys can watch people doing that and have fun with that. Second, there is a lot of nature in Canada while there is not much nature in Japan. When I was watching the movie, I realized that there is green everywhere in Canada. I know that you guys like to go hiking where natures are alive, so you can do that in Canada easily. Finally, I found one similarities between Canada and Japan! There are a lot of lakes, livers and sea in Japan and Canada! You guys like the view of lakes or rivers, right? So so you can do that in Canada just like you do in Japan! I hope those informations help you to visualise Canada and made you feel want to come Canada! Then, I hope I'll see you soon. Take care.

• 次の英文を訳してください。

How do you stand the hardest part of running marathon? Many say that life is like marathon. Do you think that you can deal with the crisis in your life thanks to marathon? By the way corresponding with penpals, the reason I feel like I have difficulty writing is not because of my English. It is because the moment I cannot come up with anything I have to reply. Honestly speaking I am not a talkative person, but I try to talk more when writing. Nice and slow conversations are hard to come by, and the form of letter writing does put in a lot into thinking about what the other person has to say and how to respond. この二つが何となくはわかるのですが、自信がありません。教えていただけると助かります。