メッセージが読めない

このQ&Aのポイント
  • メッセージの最後のPleaseの文節が読めません。日本語にしてください。
  • 私のFacebookにこのメッセージをくれたアメリカ人女性は、数年前に私の両親の家にホームステイし、帰国後も両親を日本のパパ、ママと呼び、父のe-mailにメールをくれています。
  • 最近、彼女も私も父もFacebookを始め、Facebookでのやりとりが増えました。しかし、会話的な英文に苦戦しています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

メッセージが読めない

以下のメッセージの最後のPleaseの文節が読めません。どなたか日本語にして下さい。 Hello ! Hope you and your family are well. Please tell me that Pa & Ma are in good health. I have a Japanese student for 2 weeks. She will leave tomorrow. That makes me sad. While she was here, she translated a letter for me to your mom & dad. Please have them check their email for my note. Thank you! 参考までに背景を説明します。私のfacebookにこのメッセージをくれたアメリカ人女性は、数年前 に私の両親の家にホームステイして、帰国後も両親を日本のパパ、ママと言って3カ月に1度くら い父のe-mailにメールをくれて、父もなんと返信しているようです。ホームステイ中に私とも面識 があり、私にも1、2度e-mailが来ました。最近、彼女も私も父もfacebookをはじめ、facebookでの やりとりが少し増えました。私も父も会話的な英文に苦戦しています。

• akmyu
  • お礼率18% (81/443)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#160772
noname#160772
回答No.3

Please have them check their email for my note. ==== すでに二人の方が正確な和訳を示してくださってますね。あなたの補足質問も読みましたが、もしかして、 to check AAA for BBB とは厳密にはどういう意味で、for はここではどういう働きをしているか、という質問でしょうか? 直訳するとわけがわからなくなりますが、これは、「AAAにBBBがないかどうかチェックする」という意味になります。ここでは to check their email for my note ですので、(ご両親)の電子メールに、私のメッセージがないかチェックするということになります。ということは、「ご両親の電子メールは何百通もあるはずですが、それらをチェックして、その中に私のメッセージが混じっているかどうかをチェックしてください、ということです。ですから、平たく訳すと、「私のメールが届いてるかどうかチェックする」ということになります。 このような "to check AAA for BBB" という表現は、よく使われます。「ジーニアス英和辞典、第4版」の他動詞の項目の 1(a) にもその意味と例文が載っています。

akmyu
質問者

お礼

すごくよく分かりました。ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• mis_muffet
  • ベストアンサー率18% (190/1038)
回答No.2

あなたのお父さんとお母さんに、私のメッセージをメールでチェックするようお伝えください。

akmyu
質問者

補足

「それらのEメールを 彼らに チェックさせてくれ」という推測はしたのですが、 for my note が付いていたので分からなくなってしまいました。 この部分は文法的にはどう直訳すればいいのでしょうか

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

Please have them check their email for my note.     彼ら(=あなたの両親)に私からのメールを読んでくださるようお伝えください。

akmyu
質問者

お礼

即答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳してください

ASOSという海外ブランドで洋服を購入しましたが届かないというトラブルが発生してしまいました。 原因は自分の記入した住所ミスだったのですが… 途中までがんばって英語のやり取りをしていましたが、もうちんぷんかんぷんです。 だれか訳してください おねがいします Hello Rui, Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you are still enquiring about your order. Please send us an email using the email address you registered when placing the order. As soon as I receive a reply from a registered email address, I will deal with your query. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, please let me know if you have any other questions. All the best, Warren

• 訳見てください

前にメールをしていて、お互いあわないということで話し合って切ったEパルがいました。私が登録しているサイトを見ていたら彼が新たに登録して私にきずいたらしくメッセージがきました。 see that you are looking at my profile! This is me, ***(名前)! I still have your email adress but you are to busy to even spend time with me! I really like you, but I would like to have a girlfriend! Hope ou can understand that とはガールフレンドがほしいけどあなたは忙しい。分ってね みたいなやくでいいのでしょうか?言い方としてはどのような感じでしょうか? 適当な感じでしょうか? 教えて下さいおねがいします

• 翻訳してください。お願いします。

Are you asking that the sink be cancelled and refunded? Please advise. Regarding the freight charge, the remainder of your order did not meet the $999 order amount. All orders that are under $999 are subject to a $100 freight charge. We only have free motor freight shipping if the order meets the $999 requirement. Please advise if you would like me to establish a cancellation request for this sink. Yes, we are looking at 8-12 weeks from this date on the black model. The white model is in stock in GA. I have established the cancellation request for your sink per your previous email request. We do apologize we were not able to meet your timeline for this particular item. Many thanks,

• 英語訳を教えてください。

ホームステイ先へ手紙を書くためどうにか本に載っているのを引用したのですが書きたいのに分からないのがあるので教えてください。 「もし時間がありましたらメールください」というのはなんて書けばいいでしょうか?初めてそのホームステイ先へ行くのでその前に手紙をと思ってます。If you have a time, please send me E-mail.ではおかしいですか??

• ショップからのメッセージを翻訳してください。

インターネットで商品を購入したところショップから以下のようなメッセージが来ました。注文が正しいかどうかの確認のように思えますが英語の翻訳をお願いできないでしょうか。 また、このメッセージに対する返答例がありましたらあわせてお願いします。 Thank you very much for the order! The charge for your order is ok, but since this is an international order we are always extra careful. Did you enter the correct billing address on file for you with Visa? We will be checking with your credit card bank today, but when we have the correct information it speeds up the process. This is for our records since you are a new customer due to the High amount of Fraud. Please reply soon so your order is not delayed. We hope you can appreciate that we are just being cautious.

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップでよく購入するお店からメールがきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?宜しくお願い致します。 Please see that the rest of the styles for your XXXX order are now in stock. Would you like me to process the order for you and send you a pro-forma invoice?

• 海外通販からのメールの意味教えて下さい。

海外通販からのメールの意味教えて下さい。 Thank you for responding to our email. Unfortunately you have provided us with the same name and address details as before, which your card issuer cannot verify as being the name and address of the cardholder. In order for us to process your order, please email customercare@***************.com with the cardholder�s name and registered billing address (ensuring that all details are spelt accurately). You may wish to contact your card issuer to confirm that the details they have on file for you are correct. We look forward to your reply. Best wishes, Customer Care Team

• 和訳のお手伝いお願いしますm(__)m

和訳のお手伝いお願いします。 (1)she was very different from the woman I knew on the email. That turned me down. 前半はわかるのですが、“That turned me down”がわかりません。 (2)she always kept saying that… are you that way? 『彼女はいつも・常に(that以下)を言い続けていた』 で合ってますか? “are you that way?”がわかりません。 お願いしますm(__)m

• 海外の品物を注文して・・・

海外で商品を購入して、下記の内容のメールをもらいました。 送金した、金額が不足しているという事と商品リストがわからない。 という内容は理解できたのですが、肝心な様子ニューアンスが分からないでいます。理解出来ていない部分をおしえていただけませんでしょうか…。宜しくお願い致します。m(__)m Hello, Today I receive your payment by Pay-Pall. Thank you very much, but I don’t received your order. I don’t know what is wrong. So please sent me your order by e-mail, and as soon I received it, I wil sent it to you by priority. Another problem is you have click on the buttom for shipping the are only for the Netherlands, so your shipping cost are to low. When I received your order, I go to the postoffice and the can tell me what the shipping cost for your order to Japan. I will sent you a e-mail what you have pay to low and please will you that also pay by Pay-Pall Thank you very much Have a nice weekend.

• 1.Are those cars yours?

1.Are those cars yours? それらの車はあなたのですか? 2.Are those children yours? それらの子供達はあなたのですか? Are the Japanese translations for the two English sentences above correct? Is it ok that I translated "are those" into "その" in the two sentences above? Thank you for your reply.