Capital punishment debate: Why it should be abolished

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The debate on capital punishment, or the death penalty, is a contentious issue in the field of human rights.
  • While some argue in favor of the death penalty, there are strong reasons to support its abolition.
  • Capital punishment does not effectively prevent crimes, and it may lead to irreversible mistakes.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

自由英作の添削をお願いできますか?

死刑制度と貴方の意見について述べなさい。 という課題です よろしくお願いします。 Capital punishment debate I disagree with capital punishment and we had better repeal it.  Firstly, what is Capital punishment? it has a long history and now capital punishment debate is one of the human rights issues. Some people agree with death penalty and others disagree with it. And some countries adopt death penalty, such as, Japan, China, Iran, and so on. In Europe, Belarus is only country that adopt death penalty and this country does not belong to EU because she embraces death penalty. Thus this problem is so difficult for human being to solve. Death penalty dose not prevents felonious crimes very much. We often hear the idea that death penalty stop offender killing other people. However, it is not exactly. According to the statistics of murder case in the United States, the number of the murder case in the State which adopts the penalty is larger than that doesn’t adopt it. Also according to a research, in a country where there is the penalty, after they abolished the penalty, the number of murder did not change dramatically. Moreover, a country where there is not the penalty, after they started the penalty, the number did not change hard, either. Thus we can say that death penalty may not have a power to prevent crimes. In spite of these, why there is capital punishment? Is there any meaning that we kill the people who kill other? Maybe not. Offenders should pay for the victims and rehabilitate no matter how long it takes, so it is not good that not only victims but offenders are killed. As the Bible says, we should ‘condemn the offense, but pity the offender.’ It may cause the case where people who kill nobody are killed as a dearth penalty on a false charge. Indeed, there are many cases like this in the world. In Japan, it is not about death penalty, there are, too. In other word, it is an unmistakable murder. However, no one is bad― it is the death penalty that is not good. In conclusion, death penalty has a little benefit and may lead terrible mistakes. And the Law makes offenders not kill but rehabilitate. Therefore I disagree with death penalty and we had better abolish it.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cpen
  • ベストアンサー率58% (18/31)
回答No.2

Capital punishment debate タイトル必要なんですか?付けるなら、エッセイの中の意見を1文でまとめた文にしましょう。それに、反対意見しか述べないのなら、debateではないですし、debateのことを書いてるわけではないので、debateとは書かないほうが良いでしょう。例えば、"Why Death Penalty Should Be Abolished"とか"Why I Oppose The Death Penalty"とか。 I disagree with capital punishment and we had better repeal it. 1文だけではパラグラフにしない。下のパラグラフと別にするなら、もっと書く。そして、weとは誰?日本?人類?それにwe had betterって誰を脅迫してるんですか?  Firstly, what is Capital punishment? it has a long history and now capital punishment debate is one of the human rights issues. Some people agree with death penalty and others disagree with it. And some countries adopt death penalty, such as, Japan, China, Iran, and so on. In Europe, Belarus is only country that adopt death penalty and this country does not belong to EU because she embraces death penalty. Thus this problem is so difficult for human being to solve. 英語以前に論点として意味が不明。 「死刑とは何か?」ほうほう、死刑のことをどうやって説明してくれるのかな? 「昔から、執行されていて、人権問題である。」ん。。。説明はどうなった?まあ、とにかく、どう問題なのかを説明してくれるのかな? 「死刑に賛成する人もいれば、反対する人もいる。」当たり前でしょう。だから何?説明は? 「死刑執行する国もあれば、禁止した国もある。」だから何?説明は? 「べラルースが死刑執行しているからEUに入れない。だからこの問題は人間にとって難しい」説明は?これでパラグラフ終わり? 論点、文法、単語などなど直す部分が多すぎて添削自体がエッセイの数倍の長さになりそうなので、残りは直しませんが、あと一つだけ。 4パラグラフ目で何故聖書のquoteをしているのかが不明。書き方からして、「聖書に~~書いてあるんだし、そうしましょう」って意味にとれます。宗教もちこんできた時点でロジカルなargumentはできません。その文を正当化するためにもっと書くなら別ですが。

chappymiu
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 もう一度勉強し直して書きなおします。 お手数おかけしてもうしわけありませんでした。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

こんにちは、ちょっと長くて全部を直すつもりありませんが、ちょっとだけ手伝ってあげます。 なによりも基本的な文法間違いが多いです。内容は分かりづらいではないが文法的にあっていない所が多いです。 一番大きな問題は冠詞が正しく使われていません。冠詞をすこし復習してからほとんどの間違いを直せると思います。 もうひとつのはSVOの基本をまもることです。日本語とちがって冠詞などで単語を指定しないと名詞ではない。Bookでも本という意味ではなくてBookしてという意味になってしまいますので本でしたらA book、共通認識のある本、つまり前言った本などの場合はThe book. I go Japanなどの場合もSVOの形で私が日本を行かすというニュアンスが出てしまうが間違ってて意味がわかりづらいです。SVOの形を破るにI go to JapanのTOを入れることで文法的にまったく違う文書になります。

chappymiu
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなってもうしわけありません。 朝早くからありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英語のエッセイです。どなたか間違い、訂正、アドバイス等をください。

英語のエッセイです。どなたか間違いの訂正をお願いします Death penalty has a long history. It has existed at almost the same time human society was formed. People executed it in various ways. Sometimes it executed in very cruel way. Many countries, including Japan, have still been adopting it for the heaviest punishment. However, many advanced countries abolished it in recent years. I think Japan should retain capital punishment, riding this trend for four reasons. First of all, I think no one have a right to kill someone even if he or she is offender. Human dignity is the universal truth that is the basis of ethics. There is nothing more important than life. I think there is the other better way than killing such as life imprisonment. All people have human rights and capital punishment violate them. Therefore, we should not allow the death penalty. Second reason is that there is possibility of a misjudgment of death penalty. Of course, once capital punishment was executed, person who was put to death would never rise again. Even if he or she was proved to be clear, we could not save him or her after death penalty. In this case, government killed innocent person without rational reason. If there is possibility of a misjudgment of death penalty, we should abolish the death penalty. Third reason is that death penalty should not be adopted for the sake of crime prevention. Some defender of the death penalty say that death penalty have strong deterrent effect against crimes. However, it may not exactly be true. There is no evidence to proof it and there are many safe countries without death penalty. I think we need not to use death penalty as a deterrent power. Death penalty doesn’t have deterrent power against crimes. Forth reason is that death penalty is very cruel punishment. Person who is sentenced to death get not only bodily suffering but also mental anguish. Waiting for determined death is very dreadful and there is no possibility to avoid being killed. Death penalty is not just a bodily punishment. It is also a mental punishment and government does not have the right to punish death-row prisoners’ mentality In conclusion, death penalty is very dangerous to threaten our right as humans. Death penalty has possibility to kill innocent people and it is not just a bodily punishment. We all have human dignity and no one have right to damage it. A flow of the global ideas is to abolish the death penalty and we should not ignore this flow if Japan is a country which value human life. We must abolish the death penalty as soon as possible.

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします(>_<)!

題:「死刑制度の廃止について」50words -死刑制度に反対- I hope that the death penalty is abolished.(1) This is because a nation should not kill a person, even if it is a nation.(2) In addition, criminals should remain alive because they can expiate the crime.(3) Therefor I agree with abolishing the death penalty.(4) -死刑制度に賛成- I hope that the death penalty isn't abolished.(1) This is because, I seem that the brutal criminals repeat the creme if they remain alive.(2) Moreover, I seem that brutal crimes increase more than now, if the capital punishment system is abolished.(3) Therefore I disagree with abolishing the death penalty.(4) 二つ書いてみました(>_<)! 一つでも良いので改善点など教えてもらえたら幸いです(>_<)

• 英語の文法ミス教えてください

Historically, capital punishment has been for murder is widely used all over the world. A lot of people believe that capital punishment can refrain a case of murder, however, opponents believe the capital punishment is evil. There are three reasons, considering its immoral, not effective and practical aspects. First, capital punishment is immoral. Opponents believe that a thought of killing murder is a bad thing, even murders killed people. They always regard killing people as evil. Second, opponents insist that capital punishment is absolutely ineffective way of stopping the case of murder. According to scholar, they clamed that the death penalty is only as effective as the long-term imprisonment. Third, the death penalty is unfair. Racial prejudice sometimes makes judgment unfair. For example, white people tend to give a big penalty to black or another colors.

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 part.1 <Capital punishment is effective.>

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 I am in favor of capital punishment greatly for three reasons. First, in Japan a poll shows that a overwhelming majority goes along with capital punishment. Some insist that capital punishment should be abolished because we human never rule out the possibility that people innocent of any crimes would be punished. But I could conclude that in a sense we are ready to accept such a misfortune, for once we are for capital punishment. Another reasons is that only capital punishment is severe enough for murderers. If a member of my family should be killed, I will never calm down until the devil is killed in public. And then when I say that I am happy to kill the murderer, who would find fault with me? Third, capital punishment would serve as the means of the decline of the crime rate. It goes without saying that the system helps to discourage people from committing a serious crime. In conclusion, I hope that the government would keep up capital punishment for good. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。

• 文章構成

essayを英語で書いてみたのですが、文章構成は正しく書けてますでしょうか??また、文法間違えなどありましたら指摘していただければ幸いです。 よろしくお願いします。 By punishing murderes with the death penalty, society is also guilty of commiting murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree od disagree with this statement? Given reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. The crimes have been rose dramatically by development of society. All of offenders are obliged to come in the prison in all of countries. Moreover, we believe that it is better to come in the prison. However, it is reported a case which the offenders who sent up at the prison stirs comes again. Although I almost agree with the following statement, I think strongly that there are improvements in the system which the offenders should only come in the prison. First of all, There is a case which the offenders obliged the crimes again. This meant that education of the prison was not speeded to the offenders well. So, I think strongly that the educational system of the prison needs to change greatly. In the solution to the education system, the government should establish a new educational system which has time of the moral educational. Also, the government needs to assure their life after the offenders sent up the prison. For example, the government gives a new job for the offenders. Secondly, we believed that the offenders should be come in the prison because the offenders should atone for the victims. In addition, we think strongly that the system such as the prison need not change. For example, It is a good opportunities to think again that the offenders come in the prison Thirdly, we also should change a view for the offenders. If they go out society, we need watch warmly for them. In conclusion, it is necessary to come in the prison if anyone obliges crimes, whereas the government, including the nation needs to think how to remedy the offenders Besides, When they went out went out society, we should watch warmly them.

• 自由英作文の添削お願いします。

いつもお世話になっています。3度目になります、よろしくお願いします<(_ _)> 受験まで約1週間のこの時期、添削していただけるこの場に本当に感謝です。 問:What is the best place you have ever visited? Describe what it was like, and why you liked it so much.(60語程度) The best place I have ever visited is Okinawa.I called at there in our school trip for the first time.In the time, I was astonished that the sea is truely blue.I also remember that we paid a visit in the Shuri castle. In the place, there are many historical biographies, and I came to be interested in the history of Okinawa. I want to visit Okinawa again. スペルミス、表現のミス等ありましたらご指摘いただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします<(_ _)>

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします

周りに添削を頼めるような人がいないので、自由英作文の添削をお願いします。ネット上で細かく添削するのは大変だと思いますので、文法上誤っている点の指摘や全体を見ての感想・アドバイスをいただけるとうれしいです。よろしくお願いします。 (問)次の意見について100文字以上の英文で意見を述べなさい。 Multicalturalism is important in today\'s world. (答) I agree with this statement. Firstly,more and more people in the world go abroad to study and to earn money these days.There are many foreign people around us.If we adopt particular culture,we can\'t get along with people who have the different culture. Secondly,they know different things from us.we can get many knowledge from them.It is a pity that we cat\'t learn many things by discrimination. Certainly,if we live in the place where thare are people who have the same culture,we feel comfortable and happy. But it is much interesting that we interact with them. Aiso,Muiticulturalism is adopted including Canada,America,and France,and those countries flourish. Thus,Multiculturalism is important in today\'s world.

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします

周りに添削を頼めるような人がいないので、自由英作文の添削をお願いします。ネット上で細かく添削するのは大変だと思いますので、文法上誤っている点の指摘や全体を見ての感想・アドバイスをいただけるとうれしいです。 (問)次の意見について100文字以上の英文で意見を述べなさい。 Multicalturalism is important in today's world. (答) I agree with this statement. Firstly,more and more people in the world go abroad to study and to earn money these days.There are many foreign people around us.If we adopt particular culture,we can't get along with people who have the different culture. Secondly,they know different things from us.we can get many knowledge from them.It is a pity that we cat't learn many things by discrimination. Certainly,if we live in the place where thare are people who have the same culture,we feel comfortable and happy. But it is much interesting that we interact with them. Aiso,Muiticulturalism is adopted including Canada,America,and France,and those countries flourish. Thus,Multiculturalism is important in today's world.

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

何度も失礼します。前回、前々回とも詳しく、ご丁寧な添削ありがとうございます。 あつかましいのですが、また自由英作文の添削をお願いします。 グローバル化がもたらすメリットとデメリット・それに対する意見 The merit of globalization is that we can access to technology, imformation, services and markets all over the world. They are good for local communities because they could take part in world economic. But,the demerit of globalization is that there is a possibility that individual distinctions of culture and society become erased by an increasingly homogeneous global culture. For example, I have been to Thailand before. I hoped that I enjoyed ehnic costume and delicious food wagons although they are dirty. But, The scene of Thailand seldom change to a spectacle of Japan. There were a lot of department stores of Japan, and many people enjoyed shopping with the dress in good taste. As my conclution, it is important for us to advance globalization as we remain individual culture and society. 長くなってしまいすいません。どんな些細な点でもご指摘いただければありがたいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

月末に大学入試を控えている高校3年生です。 文法ミスやもっと適切な表現がありましたら、ご指導いただけるとありがたいです。 テーマ:小中学生に携帯を持たせることの是非 In my opinion, children in elementary school or secondary school should not have a cell phone. It is true that a cell phone is very useful, and it enables them to communicate with their friends or parents easliy at any time. However, a careless use of a cell phone often brings about serious problems. Recently, many children have been involved in crimes by use of a cell phone. They are sometimes killed by people with whome they became acquainted in an Internet community site. Children have a poor knowledge to protect themselves. When we think about whether children can use communication tools appropriately or not, we will believe that they cannot do. So I want to emphasize that parents should not have their children carry a cell phone.