Are frequencies higher than 10 GHz correct?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • When using frequencies higher than 10 GHz in heavy rain areas, a degradation known as 'rain fade' occurs.
  • Is it grammatically correct to use the phrase 'frequencies higher than 10 GHz'?
  • For example, the sentence 'She beautiful is working for a call girl' is incorrect.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

frequencies higher

frequencies higher http://www.tech-faq.com/ku-band.html When frequencies higher than 10 GHz are transmitted and received in a heavy rain fall area, a noticeable degradation occurs, due to the problems caused by and proportional to the amount of rain fall (commonly known as known as “rain fade”). frequencies higher than 10 GHz are… という表現は正しいですか? 名詞の後に形容詞がくるというのは文法的に正しいのでしょうか? 例えば、 She beautiful is working for a call girl. という文章は間違っていますよね?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • metzner
  • ベストアンサー率60% (69/114)
回答No.2

No1です。 そうですね。。。 たとえばbusyという形容詞の場合、busy in doing でdoingするのに忙しい  となりますよね。 「夕食づくりに忙しいその男はあそこにいる。」 は The man who is busy in making dinner is over there. とも書けますが、 The man busy in making dinner is over there. とできると思います。 要は文構造的に複雑に名詞を形容するときは、名詞の後ろから形容することが多いと思います。関係代名詞での形容がその最たるものだと思います。 先の例でも frequencies which are higher than 10GHz としても言いわけですが、普通 which are を省略して言いますよね。それの方が簡単ですから。まあ関係代名詞で、関係代名詞+be動詞の部分が抜けたと考えるのが合理的だと思います。形容詞の場合、目的語はとりませんから先行詞が主格で、動詞は必ずbe動詞なんで、この省略をするのだと思います。

その他の回答 (1)

• metzner
  • ベストアンサー率60% (69/114)
回答No.1

文法的に正しいと思います。 「高い周波数」の時は、 high frequencies ですが、「10GHzより高い周波数」という形容は名詞の前に持ってくるとややこしいので frequencies higher than 10GHz というようにします。ちょうど関係代名詞と同じ感じだと思ってもらっていいと思います。 書かれている例文はダメだと思いますが。

warewared
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 このほかに名詞の後に形容詞を続けても良い 用法があれば教えて頂けますでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 英語教えてください

My research revealed that lucky people scored much higher than unlucky people on a dimension of personality known as extroversion.Extroverts are far more sociable than introverts.They enjoy spending time visiting friends and going to parties,and tend to ( ) to jobs that involve working with other people. ( )に入れるもので(1)attract (2)be attracted (3)be attracting (4)be attractiveがあります。 答えは(2)ですがなぜかわかりません。 親切で英語わかって優しいかた、他の選択肢の何が悪いか、などを含めて教えてください!!

• 有機ELに関する論文を読んでいるんですがよくわからないところがあります

有機ELに関する論文を読んでいるんですがよくわからないところがあります。 すみませんが手助けお願いします。 ・It was generally found that the luminance decay rate is directly proportional to the injection current density. This behavior means that the luminance degradation is coulombic, and that the degradation event resulting from charge injection is cumulative and irreversible. とあるんですが、the luminance degradation is coulombic という部分はどう訳すのが自然でしょうか?またどういう意味になるのでしょうか?

• 宿題回答部分(英語)に自信がないので添削お願い致します。PART.2

お世話さまです。 解答部分の英語添削お願い致します。よろしくお願いします!!!! Q:Could you get alone with a higher-ranking worker that is younger than you are? A:I have the confidence we get alone.Because I've already understood(known) that there are many younger people than I am who are better.Age has nothing to do with leadership.And It's difficult to judge their ability for age only.Anyway I'm lucky to meet them.because I think they are wonderful and I have a lot of respect for them! はい。自信があります。なぜなら私はすでに私より若い方で優れた方を大勢知っていいるからです。年齢は関係ないです。そして年齢のみで判断することは難しいと思います。とにかく、私は彼らをすごいと思うし、尊敬していますから、出会えたらラッキーだと思います。

• この英文について教えてください

Of all the important cultural properties,a higher proportion of calligraphic works &classical books are designated as national treasures than are the other categories. 訳:すべての重要文化財の中で ほかのカテゴリーよりも国宝として指定されたもっとも高い割合が書籍、典籍である の文ですが 普通は ( Proportion of calligraphic works &classical books are designated as national treasures)higher than (other categories)of all the important cultural properties. このような文になると思うんですが Of all the important cultural properties,a higher proportion of calligraphic works &classical books are designated as national treasures than are the other categories. この文の場合 コンマがある理由・役割がわからないし、比較級higherの前にaはついてるし意味がわからないです コンマがある理由・役割 と この比較級についての説明をお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

自分なりに訳してみたものの、意味がつながらず、不自然な文章になってしまい困っています。英語が出来る方がいらっしゃいましたら意訳が含まれても結構ですので、和訳してください。お願いします。 Clearly a relevant if the economy is at less than full employment is whether a devaluation is likely to raise or lower national income. If the marginal propensity to absorb is less than unity then a rise in income will raise the income to absorption ratio and so improve the current account. Whereas, if income were to fall this would raise the absorption to income ratio (as absorption would fall by less than income) which would worsen the current account. There are two important effects on income that need to be examined, the employment effect and the terms of trade effect.

• 後半のsuggestions 以下です。

NPR's stylebook specifies the "formerly" formula. But when I asked Ted Clark, the deputy supervisory senior foreign editor, what was correct, he wrote back: "The foreign desk always advises that the wording should be 'Myanmar, ALSO known as Burma.' Myanmar first, because we generally accept the name that a country/government chooses for itself, and then 'also known as Burma' because it is still known as Burma to many people there and around the world." This is not to embarrass Clark. The NPR stylebook often seems only to be suggestions honored in the breach, a chronic internal weakness. None of the naming formulas, moreover, are totally wrong. But I think that some are more right than others.

• 比較について

Alcholics are subject to distinctly higher than average death rate. この英文は何と何を比較しているのですか?2文に分けるとどうなりますか?あとthanの品詞は何ですか? ご教授願います。

• 訳をお願いします。

訳をお願いします。 自分で訳そうと思ったのですが、全然分からなかったので 誰かお願いします…。 Participants were asked to respond to five statements about their happiness and give a rating on a scale of 1 to 7 according to how strongly they agreed. Previous studies have shown that people who possess attributes regarded as desirable by modern Western society,such as intelligence and money,are rewarded with higher social status and a more comfortable standard of living. 少し長いかもしれませんが宜しくお願いいたします。

• 以下の文、解説お願いします。

Despite all the warnings, people continue to consume junk food more than ever. As a result, while models and actors get thinner and, ironically, more is known about nutrition than before, America is getting fatter. 訳はわかります。 2つ目のセンテンスでmore is known aboutの部分を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Good news, struggling millennial homebuyer: you’re moving to Japan. Why? Because the sushi’s fresh, the weather’s nice, and the houses are free. An increasing number of unoccupied properties around the country are being listed for sale on online databases known as “akiya banks”—“akiya” translating to “vacant house”—with thousands of homes in relatively good condition being offered up for either nothing or next to nothing, Insider reports. Prices on one particular akiya database don’t go any higher than a maximum of 30 million yen (about $360,000 Australian dollars), while many properties are listed under “gratis transfer” for the sum of literally zero yen. Pay a few taxes and some agent commission fees, and the place is yours.