• ベストアンサー

VOA

ICC prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo said late last month the court had been in talks with Seif about a possible surrender and making sure he gets a fair trial. ICC:The International Criminal Court Luis:Moammar Gadhafi's son he gets a fair trialの部分が現在形なのがわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

では逆に he gets a fair trial の部分を、仮に過去形に置き換えてみたら、どうなりますか? 「公正な裁判を受けたということを確実にするために」 とすると、日本語としてはさほど不自然ではないかもしれないですが、その話し合いの時点で、その時点よりも過去のこととして話し合っているということになります。明らかに不自然であると思います。「公正な裁判」 は、その話し合いが行われている時点から見て未来の時点において行われることなのですから。 to make sure X という形で X の中身は時制を超えた、基本的な表現になるはずだと思います。

buturikko1
質問者

お礼

基本的な事を忘れてました。ありがとうございました。またお願いします。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#202494
noname#202494
回答No.2

about ...........a possible surrender and ..............making sure he gets a fair trial. (降伏と同格の名詞節でaboutに繫がる) ですので、主節の”said...had been”の過去形での時制の一致の制約を受けません。小さなシャボン玉のように自己完結しています。 それから、蛇足ですが、 Luis Moreno-OcampoさんはICCの検事さんで、SeifというのがMoammar Gadhafiの次男です。奇しくも今日、革命軍に捕捉されました。本当に公正な裁判が受けられるといいですね。

buturikko1
質問者

お礼

Seifさん、間違えてました。すみません。 名詞節の中身である事に気づきませんでした。ありがとうございました。 またお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• 訳してください。

あるアーティスト(仮にAさんとします)のAさんの父親のツイート なのですが、訳してください。 oldest sonはたぶんAさん(長男のようです)の事だと思うのですが Oldest son is gettin' hitched on 123. Oldest boy gets married tomorrow! He gets married today in Japan time.

• NHKWORLD Qadhafi's son

He said the ICC acts when the national system cannot. He indicated that once the Libyan judicial system starts to function, the world judicial body may drop its request to transfer Qadhafi's son to The Hague. お聞きしたいのは、dropのこの場合の意味です。辞書で調べても分からず。 よろしくお願いします。

• 話法教えてください

話法教えてください 1He said to me "Where did you buy this dictionary?" He asked me Where ~ 2Tom invited me to join them. Tom said to me, ~ 3She asked him why he hadn't told her the truth. She said to him,~ 4She asked me if was sure I would get a letter from Judy. She said to me ,~ 5He said to me , "I'm going fisihing tomorrow , Will you come with me?" He told me he was going fishing ~ よろしくお願いします

• boundaryとは?

私は英語圏のある国に住んでいます。 暇を利用して近所の子どもに算数を教えています。 当地の問題集に次の英文の質問が載っています。 He gets $45 boundary from each taxi daily. If each taxi runs an average of 20 days a month, how much boundary does he get a month? このboundaryですが境界とか限界という意味では題意を間違えそうです。 土地の人々はこういう話題では自然に使っており、「売り上げ」と訳すのがもっともふさわしそうに感じます。 しかし私の持っている英和辞書にも、また翻訳ソフトでも境界や限界以外の意味は見当たりません。 英語圏では、「売り上げ」に相当する意味があるのでしょうか?

• 次の()内の語に誤りがあれば直して和訳してください

1) I asked her if she (will) marry me. 2) He learned that a littele learning (is) a dangerous thing. 3) I knew that he had to leave before it (gets) dark. 4) We leaned when the French revolution (occurred). 5) She said that she (will) welcome whoever (may) come.

• 同じ意味になるようにお願いします。和訳もお願いしま

He bought a car, bus sold it after a month. He sold the car which he <><> a month <>. It is ten years since we moved to this town. <><><><> since we moved to this town. Mother began to look for her purse an hour ago and she is still looking for it. Mother <><><> for her purse <> an hour. I said to myself, "Who left the window open?" I wondered <><><> the window open.

• 英和翻訳 a little difficult

下記を翻訳したいですが、そのまま2つの文章が欲しい。。。これは難しい。英語の文法は逆なのでこういうつながりは可能。。。さ、日本語はどうでしょう。よろしくおねがいします Can the police or prosecutor refuse to document or release exculpatory evidence for a suspect's defense, without violating the suspect's right to present a defense? As well as, right to be presumed innocent, and, right to a fair trial? 警察や検察官は、被告人の弁護提出権を侵害することなく、被告の無罪弁明の証拠を文書化または公開を拒否することはできますか?同様に、無罪と推定される権利、公正な裁判を受ける権利。

• 和訳お願い致します。

I ran into AL Gore at a climate/energy conference this month,and he vibrates with passion about this issue-recognization that we should confront mortal threats even when they don't emarate from AIQaeda. ''We are now treating the Earth's atmosphere as an open sewer'',he said,and(perhaps because my teenage son was beside me)he encouraged young people to engage protests to block maior new carbon sources. ''I can't understand why there aren't rings of young people blocking bulldozers,''Mr.Gore said,''and preventing them from constructing coal-fired power plants.''

• 和訳お願い致します。

I ran into Al Gore at a climate/energy conference this month, and he vibrates with passion about this issue — recognizing that we should confront mortal threats even when they don’t emanate from Al Qaeda. “We are now treating the Earth’s atmosphere as an open sewer,” he said, and (perhaps because my teenage son was beside me) he encouraged young people to engage in peaceful protests to block major new carbon sources. "I can’t understand why there aren’t rings of young people blocking bulldozers,” Mr. Gore said, “and preventing them from constructing coal-fired power plants.”

• 話法の問題教えてください

話法の問題教えてください 1 話法を書き換え   She asked me if I was sure I would get a letter from judy.    → She said to him , " Why (              ) me the truth?" 2 (1)直接話法(2)間接話法  2-1彼は私に「どれが一番良いプランだと思いますか。と言った    (1) He said to me,"Which (               )?"    (2) He asked to me (                  ). 2-2私は彼に「バスで行くのですか、それともタクシーで行くのですか。」と言った    (1) I said to him,"(    )you go by bus or by taxi?"    (2) I asked him if he (         )by busor by taxi.  2-3「どこで髪を切ってもらったの?」とミキは私に尋ねた    (2) Miki asked me where (             ) my hair cut. よろしくお願いします