• ベストアンサー

英語の選択問題

We decided to pay the worker compensation() our lawyer tells us that we have a good chance of winning the case in court. a)although b)because c)since d)as if cのsinceだと思うのですが、どうでしょうか^^; よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

会社は、訴訟で負けたら賠償金を払わないといけないという前提があります。その上で、 「勝ちそうなのに、支払うことにした。」という、逆の意味を繋ぐ接続詞が必要です。 だから、答えはalthoughですね。 ちなみに、ちょっとしたテクニックも使えますよ。 because と since は、同じような意味です。 2つ同時に答えが存在するわけは無いので、この2つは回答ではないとわかります。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

意味的に a の although です。 「我々(会社側・経営者側)は,その労働者に給与を支払うことに決めた, 弁護士は勝訴する可能性が高いと言っているけれども」 会社側が労働者から給与の支払いに関して訴訟を提起されているのでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• 空欄補充問題で、

空欄補充問題で、 Although we had () increase in our pay last month, we have to say that we are still poorly paid. (1)a little (2)small 私はこの2つかなと思いました。 salaryなど、給料はsmallまたはlargeで表すと覚えていたのですが、 他の言い回しではsmallやlarge では表せないのでしょうか? それか根本的に間違っていますか? 教えてください!

• 英語の並び替え問題

英語の並び替え問題がわかりません…どなたかお願いします。 Our home faces ( sheltered / south / but is / summer / from / heat / the ) I employed him ( of honesty / for / language ability / combination / and / his) We chose Pierre as ( class leader / he / strong / because / our / showed / leadership) abilities . The police chose ( good / German Shepherds/ they / because / make / police dogs ) よろしくお願いします…。

• 英文和訳、お願いします。

◆Swimming develops every part of the body. Proper breathing plays a big role in increasing lung capacity. Stroking and kicking develop the muscles in arms, legs and back. Timing and mental alertness are important, for the good swimmer must take advantage of every opportunity offered. ◆One of our most important duties is to give our guests the best possible service and to satisfy them. Because we serve them well, they come to our restaurants, and spend their money. Our guests keep us in business. In the last analysis, our guests really pay our wages. ◆Since we make daily use of the newspaper, and we base much of our opinion upon what it tells us, we should make efforts to understand it. Unless we know what newspapers are, and how they are made, we shall not know how to tell a good newspaper from a bad one, or whether we should believe any particular piece of information.

• 英語の問題

1:Our dog ( ) for manyweeks,but in the end shecame back. (1)has missed (2)missed (3)was missing (4)was to miss 2:The manager got angry because we ( )finishedthe work by the deadline. (1)had (2)hadn't (3)have (4)haven't 3:After we ( )a few miles one of us had to fall out as a result of a sprained ankle. (1)are (2)had been to (3)had gone (4)were 4:I lost the watch whichmy sister ( )me for mybirthday. (1)gives (2)has given (3)had given (4)will give 5:We want to the beach in his car on Saturday, because our car still won't( ). (1)fixed (2)have been fixed (3)have fixed (4)having been fixed 解答と訳お願いします

• ある英語本の選択肢の問題

あるTOECI対策本で、 I’ve been invited to the boss’ home for a cocktail party. (A) By the way, I’ve heard he’s quite a good cook. (B) You should order Scotch and soda for him. (C) He's hardly ever home because of his parties. 解答 (A) (A)の、「ところで、あの人はかなり料理が上手い」よりも とあったのですが、(B)あの人のためにスコッチとソーダを注文しておくべきだね という方が 適切だと思うのですが、どうでしょうか?

• 英語

Watson:Where are we off to now in this fog? Holmes:Yes, it's a nice afternoon.Suppose we pay a few calls. I think Sir James claims our first attention. ホームズのセリフの訳お願いします。

• 英語の選択問題について質問です。

1.All the necessary information in this guide book______condensed into a few pages if we tried. (A)are being (B)to be (C)could be (D)may have 2.According to the schedule that Ms.Lee worked________, our visitors will have just enough time to take the guide tour. (A)at (B)out (C)for (D)up 3.There will be a private showing of Kate Winter's new movie________Friday evening at the downtown Radio Town Theater. (A)between (B)for (C)on (D)during 4.________growing public interest in modern art, more and more people have begun to visit local museums. (A)Due to (B)Except for (C)In case (D)Provided that 実線部分に最も適当な語句についてなのですが、この場合回答は上から 1.C 2.B 3.C 4.A で正しいですか?

• 冒頭のみ英語スピーチの案

外国からの公的なお客様をお迎えするに当たり、日本側を代表して挨拶することになりました。通訳もいるので日本語でスピーチしますが、冒頭のみ英語でスピーチしたいと思います。以下の案でおかしくないですか? It is our greatest honor that we can welcome you. Thank you so much for your visit. From now , please allow me to speak in Japanese, because I am afraid that we cannot have a good communication because of my poor English.

• 英語の問題について

次の英語の問題が分からないので教えてください。 Meers Industrial Group informed you some time ago about a potential outsourcing policy. This has caused some anxiety among personnel about changes ??? quarter. (A)some(B)next(C)that(D)last I want to confirm that we will indeed launch that policy within a matter of days,to ensure that we move toward being ??? within our industry. (A)competition(B)competes(C)more competitive(D)most competitors

• 英文のマチガイさがしの問題.

Since installing the new heating and air conditioning unit, we have more and less seen no change in our monthly electric bill. (a)Since installing (b)more and less (c)in (d)monthly (a)~(d)のどれかが間違っているらしいのですが、、、 意味は、 「ヒーターとエアコンを設置したが、毎月の電気代に変化はみられない。」 でいいんでしょうか? "more and less" がワカリマセン。