• ベストアンサー

英語

中学2年生です。 I would prefer not to talk about it right now. 意味は「私は今はそのことについて話さないほうがいいと思う」なんですけれども、 ここでなぜ[would]が入るのですか?そしてこのwouldは何の意味ですか? wouldを入れなくても意味は通じるのでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ca-jp
  • ベストアンサー率56% (123/219)
回答No.3

“would” は[1 人称の主語に伴い,話し手の意見・感情を婉曲に表現して] …したいと思う,…させてもらいたい. 例: I'd prefer to go there at once. 今すぐそこへ行きたいのですが. I would prefer not to talk about it right now. は 個人的な事柄についておせっかいな友人/家族への丁寧な応答ですね。私は今それについて話をしたくありませんので。と穏やかに言っていると共にハッキリと話したくない意志を相手に伝えています。 talkの代わりにdiscussを。I would prefer not to discuss it anymore。も同じです。 I would prefer not to talk about it right now. の一文章で十分ですがおせっかいな家族以外ではもっと文章を付け加えて尚一層丁寧な応答をします。 Thanks, I appreciate your concern; if you don't mind, I would prefer not to discuss it anymore, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't ask about it in the future. お気遣いいただきありがとう、差しつかえなければ、私はもう議論したくないんです、そしてもうこれ以上聞かなかったら大変ありがたいです。

mmfami
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。とてもわかりやい説明でした。

その他の回答 (2)

• pepe-4ever
  • ベストアンサー率34% (580/1675)
回答No.2

prefer A to B →BよりAを好む 普通は prefer tea to coffee →コーヒーよりお茶が好き のように違った内容の比較になりますが、 この場合、 「話さない」to「話す」 の対象がnotだけで比較内容が解りますから「話す」が省略されていますね。そこにwouldによって強い意思が入り込んでいます。 will→過去wouldは主語の気持ちを表しますね。 would like to ~ →~したい(のですが) は習いましたか? これを分解すると、 like to ~ →~することが好き ここに意思のwouldが加わり「~したい」と強調されます。

mmfami
質問者

お礼

なるほど。良くわかりました。 ありがとうございます。

回答No.1

wouldを入れなくても意味は通じるのですが、、 [would]がいれでは、その話さない気持ちを強調してます。 むしろ...したい...という意味です。

mmfami
質問者

お礼

なるほどです。 良くわかりました。 ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語

英作文の問題で、 「私はそれについて彼に言うつもりです」を英語にする問題がありました。正解は、I will tell him about it.なのですが I will talk to him about it.では駄目ですか? また、 I will talk him about it.と to を入れないとどうなのでしょうか? どなたか教えて下さい。

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I hope you are well. We have been informed that these red and grey mugs will not be arriving with us until March. Please let me know if you would like to keep this order on if you would prefer to cancel it for now and place a new order closer to when we have the stock available?

• 英語 訳して下さい。

知り合いから連絡きました。 翻訳してください。おねがします。 (1)Are you open mined or conservative? (2)let’s get to know each other I can help with your English and if we like each other we can think about it. (3)It would to be to talk in english and Japanese Have fun. Enjoy and build up trust. (it would to be to~文法がわかりません。教えてください。)

• 【至急】英語 教えて下さい

英語 教えてください [1](1)もし君が僕だったらどうする。 What ( ) you do if you ( ) me ? (2)もしそのことを知っていたら、君に教えていただろう。 If ( ) ( ) about it, I ( ) ( ) told you. (3)好きなだけ食べられたらなぁ。 I wish I ( ) ( ) eat as much as I want. (4)太陽がなかったら、あらゆる生物が生きられない。 If it were not ( ) the sun, all living things ( ) not live. (5)君の助けがなかったら、うまくできなかっただろう。 ( ) your help, I ( ) ( ) made it. [2](1)私が帰国子女だったら、もっと英語が得意だろう。 If I ( a returnee / at / be / better / I / were / would / , ) English. (2)朝食を食べていたら、彼は今、空腹を感じてはいないだろう。 If he ( breakfast / eaten / feel / had / he / hungry / not / would / ,) now. (3)8時の電車に乗っておけばよかった。 ( had / I / I / taken / the 8 o'clock train / wish ). (4)彼がいなかったら、我々のチームは試合に負けるかもしれない。 ( for / him / if / it / not / were ), out team might lose the game. よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語にお願い致します。。

こんばんは、いつもお世話になっております。 yahoo翻訳機で変換してみましたが、かなり怪しい英語になってるかと 思うので、正しい英語にして頂けると嬉しいです。 宜しくお願い致します ***** ごめんね。実をいうと、もしかしたらあなたが彼に私のことを話してしまうのではないかと、心配してたの。だから前回彼について書くことができなかったわ。 でも私はあなたのこと信用できるので、彼は本当はどんな人か伝えるわ。 1週間前に返事をくれて、本当に感謝してます。色々と話を聞いてくれて本当にどうもありがとう!! ****** I'm sorry. I worried to tell the truth when possibly you might talk about me to him. Therefore I was not able to write it about him last time. But I talk because I am you and cut it by trust, in fact, what kind of person he is・・・ I really thank for giving an answer one week ago. I hear a story in various ways, and really thank you very much! !

• 英語ができる方、問題をお願いします。

英文中の空所に入る適切な語、または語句を選択肢から選びなさい。またその英文を訳しなさい。 1. It's started raining. If it ( ) raining, we could go on a picnic. (1)is (2)isn't (3)was (4)weren't 2. If the weather were too hot or too cold, plants ( ) grow. (1)could (2)would not (3)had to (4)won't 3. We would have gone to see the movie last night of we ( ) it was so funny. (1)know (2)would know (3)had known (4)could know 4. If I had known about the good news earlier, I ( ) to congratulate you. (1)would call (2)must have called (3)would have called (4)should call 5. If my son had taken my advice, he ( ) successful now. (1)is (2)was (3)would be (4)would have been 6. I wish I ( ) back the clock and do it all over again. (1)can turn (2)could tuen (3)had turned (4)have turned 7. I wish ( ) much more when I was young. (1)study (2)studied (3)have studied (4)had studied 8. If ( ) he had told her the truth. (1)timely (2)only (3)plainry (4)suddenly 9. It's time Bill ( ) home. (1)go (2)will go (3)goes (4)went 10. ( ) his idleness, he would be a nice fellow. (1)If he would be (2)If he were not (3)If it were not for (4)If it was 11. ( ) for the examination, I could have gone shopping with my friends. (1)Without (2)If (3)But (4)With 12. ( ) for your support, we wouldn't be here. (1)Not were it (2)It were not (3)Were not it (4)Were it not 13. ( ) I known more about the man, I would have gone shopping with my friends. (1)If (2)As (3)Were (4)Had 14. ( ) anything happen to you, you can always call me on my mobile phone. (1)If (2)Should (3)Unless (4)Would 15. ( ) your help, we would have failed. (1)Were it not been for (2)Had it not been for (3)If it had been for (4)Without being 同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語を入れなさい。また、(a)の文を訳しなさい。 1. (a) Because of the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. (b) If ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) for the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. 2. (a) If he had helped us, we could have succeeded. (b) ( ) his help, we could have succeeded. 3. (a) If you heard him talk, you would think that he was a new student. (b) ( ) ( ) him talk, you would think that he was a new student. 4. (a) If he the university students had not started at once, they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. (b) The university students started at once; ( ) they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. 以上です。 お手数をおかけしますが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。 ミスなどがありましたらお知らせください。

• 英語のネイティブの人が

英語のネイティブの人が I see, I know You know, right now, とか言っていますが、直訳でない意味が知りたいです。 また、it is not the 最上級 xxx(名詞?) 例えば it isn't the world's strongest player. はどう訳したらよいのでしょうか?

• 英語のメッセージを訳してほしいです

このメッセージを訳してください>< まだまだ英語力が足りずよくわかりません 英語の得意なかたお願いします! Thanks :-) im happy to tell you something about Italy, i'd love to know more about Japan and the language too. Right now i'd love to know how i can someone to message me in Japanese and i'll try to translate it so i can know what they tell me :-) If you like my Skype ID is Binomag, chatting i think is very good to exchange opinions and discuss about our countries and everything, for now bye!

• like と prefer の使い方について

英語を業としている者です。 preferは (would) prefer not to doの形が可能ですが、likeも (would) like not to doの形は可能ですか? もし可能でしたら、would not like to doとの違いを教えてください。 とくに英文法を専門としている方、どうかご教示ください。

• 英語の問題

1:Young Americans with only a high school education earn less than they()ten years ago. (1)were (2)gave (3)did (4)used 2:My father()play golf twice a week, but now seldom plays at all. (1)might (2)used to (3)was used to (4)would 3:()tell me all about it,he said excitedly. (1)Do (2)Let (3)Shall (4)Should 4:I remeber that whenever my parents went out inthe evening,I ()the job of looking after my younger sister. (1)must have got (2)ought to get (3)have got (4)would get 5:You'd better()money tohim. He might not give it back. (1)not to lend (2)not lending (3)not lend (4)do not lend ()に入る答えと和訳をお願いします