• ベストアンサー

この文のlotは名詞、形容詞、副詞?

I remember us lot stood in a line like that down the dole office.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • MayIHELPY
  • ベストアンサー率49% (335/674)
回答No.2

この文のlotは名詞、形容詞、副詞? I remember us lot stood in a line like that down the dole office. 解説 この文は、 remember + ingの構文ではなく、 I remember that us lot stood in a line like that down the dole office.のthatが省略されたものです。 また、このusは、weのことです。くだけた会話では、weの代わりにusが用いられることがあります。

arigato0
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。理解できました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

この場合のlotは、名詞ですね。 インフォーマルな英語で、「(人の)群れ、連中」あるいは 「(商品などの)ひとやま」というような意味です。要は、 似たようなものがいっぱいまとまってある感じですね。 ここではus lotといっていますので「俺達みたいな連中」と でも訳せばいいと思います。 全体を訳すと次のようになりますね。 俺は、俺達みたいな連中が、失業手当をうけとる事務所で あんな風に列を作って並んでいたのを覚えている。

arigato0
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。お礼が遅れて申し訳ありません。 もうひとつ疑問があるのですが、「ーしたのを覚えている」というのは「remember +-ing」の構文と習ったのですが、この文で"standing"ではなく"stood"になっているのは何故でしょうか。 stood が「俺たちみたいな連中」を修飾しているという解釈でいいんでしょうか。お時間ありましたらよろしくお願いします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 副詞は名詞を修飾するか?前置詞+(代)名詞は形容詞になるか?

英文法についてなのですが、副詞が名詞を修飾することはありますか?もしくは、前置詞+(代)名詞は形容詞になることがありますか? というのも、I have a dress like yours.という文を見たのですが、この文では「あなたがもっているのと同じようなドレス」となり、like yoursがdressを修飾しています。前置詞+(代)名詞は副詞であると学校や塾では習っていて副詞は用言や文全体を修飾する(名詞を修飾するのは形容詞)と習っているので、この文の構造がうまく理解できません。どういうことなのか教えていただければ大変ありがたいです。

• 英語 形容詞・副詞

自分の答えが合っているかと 間違っていた問題は訳や説明をいただけると嬉しいです ・先生にそんな態度をとるとは君は失礼だったね It was rude of you to behave in that way towards your elders. =()()rude to behave in that way towards your elders.→They were ・最北の地点へのバスは冬季は運行していません There (is/no/available/bus service/to/the/northernmost) point in winter. →is no the bus service to available northernmost ・I have () things to do tonight, so I have to work until very late. 1 few 2 little 3 quite a few 4 quite a little→4 ・Our organization plans to stimulate () development in this area. 1 economical 2 economic 3 economics 4 economized→1 ・King Arthur of England was an () person. 1 image 2 imaginable 3 imagination 4 imaginary→4 ・The number of students who come to class () has been increasing recently. 1 late 2 little late 3 in late 4 of lately→3 わからなかった問題です。 ・並び替え 1 (are/their parents/on/dependent/of/a/adult children/number). 2 This organization (global/is/new/something/stop/to/trying/warming).

• 形容詞?

They had in mind a university that is also a pillar of our society - a centre of higher learning where knowledge is ultimately strength, and a nurturing ground of young people destined to be this city's elite. この文章の「ultimately」は、名詞、ultimateの語尾にlyをつけて形容詞化したものでしょうか?どういう意味でしょうか。 Now, the politically alert among us tonight would immediately sense that the latter founding thesis - that of building a school to nurture an elite - is highly suspect in today's zealously egalitarian social clime. これも名詞にlyをつけて形容詞化したものでしょうか。 意味がよく分かりませんのでどなたか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 接続詞 副詞のかかるところ

Why is the sea never still? Well, there are times when the sea is nearly still, though no doubt even when it looks like glass there are waves in it too small for us to see. But the sea is always moving, even so much that our eyes can see it, simply because the air above it is moving. 訳文をみるとno doubtはthere are waves in it too small for us to see.にかかっています。 even when it looks like glassである従属節にかかると思ってしまうのですが・・・・。 no doubt there are waves in it too small for us to see. にすべきではないのでしょうか? thoughのような接続詞は従属節があれば従属節にかかるのでしょうか? looks like glass there are wavesの glass thereの間にコンマは必要ではないのですか?

• 形容詞・副詞・前置詞・接続詞・不定詞の問題です。

各組の文が同じ意味になるようにかっこに適語を入れてください。 (1)Tom worked hard. →He had ( ) ( ) ( ). (2)Rich people are not necessarily happy. →The ( ) are not necessarily happy. (3)The teacher said to us,” Be quiet.” →The teacher ( ) us to be quite. (4)May I help you? →Do you want( ) to help you? (5)Do you have to do a lot of work tomorrow? →Do you have a lot of work ( ) ( ) tomorrow? (6)Bob is so clever that he can solve these problems. →Bob is clever ( )( ) solve these problems. 各文には文法上の誤りがあります、誤っている部分を指摘して、正しい形に書き換えてください。 (1)I don’t have enough food, too. (2)He came here at 10:00 o’clock sharply. (3)Did anyone call when I was away? (4)For he had no money with him, he couldn’t pay the bill. (5)He had to standing all that day. (6)I want collecting many foreign stamps. 各文が意味の通る英文になるようにかっこ内に適語を入れてください。 (1)I visited many places ( ) my stay there. (2)He had no pencil to write ( ), nor any paper to write ( ). (3)Kyoto is a beautiful city famous ( ) its old temples. 各文が日本文の意味を表すようにかっこ内に適語を入れてください。 (1)この鉛筆は絵をかくためのものです。 This is a pencil (  )( ) a picture ( ). (2)彼女は100メートル競走に出る決心をしたそうです。 I hear she’s ( ) ( ) her mind ( ) run in the 100 meter race. (3)彼は宿題をするのに忙しくて文房具店に買い物に行けませんでした。  He was ( ) ( ) doing his homework ( ) go shopping at the stationer’s. これを解いてみると、 (1)been working hard (2)rich (3)says (4)what (5)to do (6)so to (1)don’t→do (2)came here at 10:00 o’clock sharply→came here sharply at 10:00 o’clock

• 関係代名詞について教えてください。

高校英語の問題です。 次の各組の文を、下線部を先行詞にした一文にしなさい。 (a) I don't like the way. (b) He talks in that way. 線は(a)の the way に引かれています。 答えは I don't like the way in which he talks. となっています。 この場合 I don't like the way which he talks in. では間違いでしょうか。 調べると、the way の後ろは in which という記述ばかり見かけます。 私の調べ不足なのかもしれませんが… どちらが正しいのか、またはどちらも正しいのか、 理由もいっしょに回答をお願いいたします。

• get a lot of traction

We moved in together last year, and I soon began having doubts about whether I was ready to settle down, whether I should have more life experiences on my own, and whether I could be happy being with him for the rest of my life. This is such a lonely fucking thing to feel, and it’s not one that gets a lot of traction in normal conversation because it’s so hard to put into words. gets a lot of tractionとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• being+形容詞

Recently, I had to give up alcohol for medical reasons—it may or may not be permanent. One side effect is I don’t have as much tolerance for family events or weddings that used to seem fine (or even great) with a few beers. My husband’s family is large and we are obligated to go to a lot of family gatherings. Unfortunately, I’ve found that without alcohol, these events range from boring to someone-please-shoot-me. My husband admits that these events aren’t fun without alcohol, and he is sympathetic, but he is unwilling to forego drinking to see what it’s like for me to sit through these events sober. I just want him to have a more realistic understanding of how painfully boring things can be without a cocktail. I stay home as much as is possible, but sometimes there are events you do have to attend. I’d just prefer we stay for an hour or two rather than a beer-fueled five or six. Am I being unreasonable? Am I being unreasonable?ですが、https://okwave.jp/qa/q9524351.htmlで質問したAm I just jealous?はなぜ進行形ではないのかとの、違いがわかりません。なぜあちらは進行形ではないのに、こちらの文は進行形をとっているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• なぜこの文のthatは接続詞なのですか?

なぜこの文のthatは接続詞なのですか? I once heard a report on the radio "that" there was a little League(children baseball teams) somewhere in Pennsylvania that decided not to keep score in its games anymore. 接続詞のthatにも見えますが関係代名詞のthatにもみえます。 なぜなのか教えてくださいお願いいたします。

• a lot of things の意味

Do you remember yesterday? と質問したところ A lot of thing to remember と答えられました。 これはどういう意味でしょうか。 覚えているということですか?