• ベストアンサー

この英語の意味 教えてください

イギリス人の友人から以下のメールが届きましたが、couple of them~から始まる後半の部分の意味がわかりません。英語に詳しい教えて頂けませんか? --- I see. Seem to be many Americans here. I am told quite a number of teachers are American. Maybe 50ー60%? Couple of them thought I was until I informed them otherwise!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • s1013129
  • ベストアンサー率33% (18/53)
回答No.1

Couple of them thought I was until I informed them otherwise! 私がイギリス人であると伝えるまで、何人かは私もアメリカ人だと思っていた という意味だとおもいます I was の後ろに American が省略されているようです

tadross
質問者

お礼

なるほど,,,Couple of themが主語になるわけですね~。やはり私はI wasのところがわからなくて全然意味が通らなかったのです。これですっきりしました。ネイティブスピーカーの人たちは時々,日本人が学校で習わないような(私が忘れているだけかもしれませんが..)表現や省略や語順の変更をするので, まるで難しいパズルのように感じることさえあります。意味が解けるとすっきりするのですが.. 有難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語でスピーチすることになりました。

英語でスピーチすることになりました。 以下の英訳は正しいのでしょうか? つい最近まで、原子力は安全で必要なエネルギーだと思っていました。 Until quite recetly, I was thinking the atomic energy to be necessary energy by security つい最近まで、沖縄の苦悩について全くの無知でした。 Until quite recetly, I was really ignorant about a suffering of Okinawa.

• この意味わかりますか?

I was so happy that time I've seen your picture here...I was really thinking it was you.....but disappointment filled me when my sister told me its not you really... . ...I really thought were already okay......so sorry

• どのような意味でしょうか

My partner and I (mid-30s) have been together for just under a year and he’s wonderful. I feel secure in our relationship with one exception. He has two children from a previous relationship, ages 6 and 10. They live with their mother (his relationship with her is still tense, though they’ve been apart for three years), and he sees them regularly and is very proud of them. This is the first time I’ve dated a parent and I want to handle it well, so I told him a couple of months ago that I feel ready to meet them and left it there. left it thereはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• +の意味は?

Laura added: "In 10+ years here going back and forth, I have never been explicitly asked for the card at immigration. However, up until a couple of years ago, you had to always write your ARC number on the disembarkation/embarkation card anyway, so you always had the card handy. In 10+ years の+は一体何を意味するのですか? in 10 yearsとの違いは何ですか?

• 日本語にお願いします‼

I am good, busy as always.  I am in NY for a couple of weeks and the weather is very nice also. Cherry trees are also almost blooming here too. Unfortunately I won't see them in Japan because I won't be back until May. Hope work is going well with you and the rest of the team ! 途中わからないとことかから文章がおかしくなってしまったので、日本語にお願いします‼

• どなたか英語の意味を教えていただけませんか。

Hello, look the transport agency came to my house, but they told to me that i have to pay 39€ of transport, i haven´t take it, i have paid for transport. Tell me the reason and why you didn´t tell me anything about this, then i did not bye it. The item is in the post office. If you pay to me the transport cost, i will take it, otherwise i won´t, so you will refund my money. Tell me something asap please. i am vey dissapointed.

• 英語 選択問題 答え合わせをお願いします 4

下記、英語の選択問題の答え合わせをして頂けないでしょうか。 日本語訳も間違いがありましたらご指摘お願いします。 My daughter's English is getting better. She ((1)has learned) a lot of English since she came here. (1)has learned (2)had learned (3)learns (4)learned 娘の英語は上達しています。彼女はここに来た時からたくさん英語を勉強しています。 That famous building((4)was built) in 1962. (1)is built (2)have been built (3)was building (4)was built この有名なビルは1962年に建てられました。 My son hope she'll come back soon and ((4)so do I). (1)I do so (2)I too so (3)so I do (4)so do I 息子は彼女が早く戻って来ることを望んでいて、私もそう思ってます。 "Another cup of coffee?" "Okey, but we'd better watch the time. the train leaves ((1)in) 20minutes." (1)in (2)by (3)after (4)to 「コーヒーのお代わりはいかが?」 「ええ、でも僕たちは時間を注意して見た方がいい。電車が20分後に出ますよ」 He ((1)informed)us his experience. (1)informed (2)said (3)spoke (4)told (5)talked 彼は私たちに彼の経験を教えてくれました。 ※(1)informedほどかしこまっていない表現の(4)toldと迷いました。

• 急いでます!!!英語です(;;)

以下のどの英文でもいいので、英語で文法的に説明してください!お願いします(;;) 本当に困ってます。。 They seemed pleased with the news and told me they'd be ready. I heard her mother ask in the background, "Why does he want to bring all those friends, anyway?" What am I supposed to say to all of them? ”Six people will be coming by with me next Monday to visit with you, can you be here?" They seemed pleased with the news and told me they'd be ready.

• 英文2.

英文 I hate to contradict you, but I have all sorts of date here which show otherwise. 訳 お言葉を返すようですが、ここにそれが事実でないことを示すあらゆる種類のデータがあります。 ここでのotherwiseはどういう意味ですか??? 教えてください!

• 至急。英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

『Hi. 目覚めてあなたからLINEが来ててホッとした。 昨日酔った勢いであなたに変なこと言っちゃったから 嫌われたかと思ってた。』←と英語で言いたいですが、 Hi, I woke up and saw that you answered my LINE and was relieved. I thought that maybe you were don't like anymore at me because of the things I mentioned while I was drunk last night.←通じますか?