• ベストアンサー

Shall IとMayI

Would you prefer to drive there, or shall I? A Illenter those figures B Here,it is C I don’t mind driving 正解はどれですか?またshall Iの代わりにMay Iでも同じですか? 私は、Bだと思ったんですが、もしも違う場合なぜ違うのかが知りたいです Here it is は、はい、どうぞという意味なので、文としてはなりたってますよね?

• c3pss
  • お礼率100% (52/52)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • wild_kit
  • ベストアンサー率32% (581/1804)
回答No.2

”~,or shall I”だと、気兼ね無しに尋ねているように感じる。 ”~,or may I”だと、例えば自慢の高級車の持ち主に「(多分駄目だろうけど、)もし何なら私が」と、気圧されているような場合を想像します。 http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~t-kite/auxiliaryverb.htm  この質問に”Here, it is.”(さあ、どうぞ。)もあり得ます。 ただし、これは誰かに物を渡す時の表現ですから、鍵を差し出しながらという場合になるでしょう。 http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?p=here&stype=0&dtype=1&dname=1ss ですから、より妥当なのは”I don’t mind driving.”でしょう。  Aの”I’ll enter those figures.”は、意味が取れませんでした。 どういう意味なのでしょうか??

c3pss
質問者

お礼

Bも可能だがより妥当なのはCっていうことですね?

その他の回答 (1)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.1

Cが正解。 Would you prefer to drive, or shall I?「運転されます?それとも私がしましょうか?」 shall I は「しましょうか?」 may I は「してもいいですか?」 I don't mind driving. 「運転を気にしません」→「運転大丈夫です」

c3pss
質問者

お礼

May Iとshall I はおなじですか?

関連するQ&A

• May I sit here?

基本的な質問ですが・・・。 「ここに座ってもよろしいですか?」を英語にしたとき、「Can I sit here?」のほかに「May I sit here? 」という言い方でも正しいのでしょうか。こうすると、「ここに座りましょうか?」という別の意味になってしまうのではないかと思うのですが、そんなことはないのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 また、イマイチcanやmayやshall等の使い分けがはっきりしませんので、これらの使い分け方が分かりやすく説明されたサイトをご存知の方、あわせてそちらも教えていただけないでしょうか。

• I'd prefer it について

( ) if you wouldn't tell her about it. 『そのことを彼女に言わないでおいてくれませんか』 イ、I am afraid ロ、I'd prefer it ハ、It is thankful ニ、It shouldn't be better 答えはロ、I'd prefer it なんですが、なぜですか? ハ、It is thankful はなぜダメなんですか? 教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の英文を作りました。確認おねがいできませんで

英語の英文を作りました。英語に詳しい方、確認おねがいできませんでしょうか? Excuse me. May I ask you something? I'm looking for a train station. The name is japan Station. Do you know where it is?     I'm looking for a subway station. The name is takenouchi station. Do you know where it is? I'm looking for a bus stop. The bus is for japan and the name of the bus stop is Kagoshima. Do you know where it is?     I'm looking for car. Do you know where it is? I have lost my way to japan. I am going to japan. Is this the right way to take? I am going to japan. Is this right direction to go? Would you show me where we are now on this map? Would you show me where my designation is on this map? Is it near here? Is it far from here? Do you think I can get there by walking? How long does it take to get there? Is there a Koban (Police Station) near here? Is there a public phone near here? I see. Thank you very much. It was great help! Thank you very much! How much is this? Which is it? This is 45 dollars. A price is high. Can you discount? I'm sorry. I cannot discount. I see. OK. I buy this. Thank you. Would you like this in a bag? Yes, please. May I put the handbill? OK. Please come back again. I come back again. I want to go to this gate. Where is this gate? This gate is over there. You turn at the right and turn to the left. ありがとうございます。ここで終わりです。感謝します

• [英語]()に当てはまるもの教えて下さい><

1. John : Do you have the time? Ellen : () John : I asked you what time it is now. (1) Go ahead. (2) One moment, please. (3) I beg your pardon? (4) I don't know about it. 2. George : I don't think I can attend the meeting tonight. Ben : () George : I have a terrible stomachache. (1) What's wrong? (2) What about you? (3) What do you say to it? (4) What happened to it? 3. Clerk : We don't sell cell phones here. You'll have to go to the phone store. Rick : () Clerk : That's simple. Go out the door, turn to the left and go straight, and you'll find it on this side of the street. (1) Is that so? May I go to the phone store? (2) Excuse me. How can I get a cell phone there? (3) I see. Could you tell me how to get there? (4) Would you be kind enough to take me there?

• 次の英文の意味を教えてください。

あるブログで、子どもの自殺についての話をしていて、私が I wish I could hug every child who cries for help. と書いたところ、You never know, that's all it may take. という返事をもらいました。 you never know は「先のことはわからない」 という意味だとわかりましたが(最初は「あなたにはわからない」かと思いました)、that's all it may take がわかりません。 また、別の人から I wish there were more people out there like you, and could help those poor people. I wish I could help more, but sometimes you just don't see it coming. という返事をもらいました。なんとなく全体の意味はわかりますが、 there were more people out there と you just don't see it coming のあたりがよくわかりません。 どなたか教えていただけませんか。よろしくお願いします。

• Would you mind my doing~の直訳

Would you mind my opening the window?・・・(1) の意訳は「窓をあけてもよろしいですか」くらいだと思います。それに対する答えは、 了承しないのは「Yes,I mind」で、了承は「No,I don’t mind」でいいと思います(代表的なのを挙げました)。・・・☆ そこでですが、(1)の直訳について考えていたのですが、「Would you~?」は辞書(ジーニアス4版)では「~してくださいますか」「~してはいかがですか」・・・(2)と書いてあります。また「mind」は「~するのをいやだと思う」です(ジーニアス4版)。すると(1)の直訳は、「私が窓を開けるのをあなたはいやだと思ってくださいますか」「私が窓を開けるのをあなたはいやだと思ってはいかがですか」となるのではないでしょうか。まるで、(窓を私があけるのを)いやだと思ってほしい、と言っているように思います。この直訳であるならば、それに対する答えは、了承が「Yes,I mind(はい、いやだと思います)」了承しないのが「No,I don’t mind(いいえ、いやだと思いません)」となり先に挙げた☆と逆になってしまうように思います。 Wouldを遠まわし丁寧表現とみて、「私が窓をあけるのをいやだとお思いになりますか」・・・(3)とも考えてみました。それならばmindの場合は、would youの(2)の訳し方はNGということなのでしょうか? このもやもやの疑問、どなたかスパッと解決していただきたく、よろしくお願いします<m(__)m>

• [英語] ()に当てはまるものを教えて下さい><

1. A: Would you like me to repair it for you? B: () (1) No thanks, I'd rather do it myself. (2) Yes, but I don't know how.  (3) Yes, would you please show me how? (4) No, I couldn't show you how. 2. A: Well, how did you enjoy the party, Jenny? B: It was great! I really had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for living me! A: () (1) Don't mention it! (2) Not necessarily! (3) No way! (4) Don't even think about it! 3. A: I'm sorry I didn't visit you last night. B: () (1) Thank you very much. (2) I'd rather not. (3) That's all right. (4) Me, either. 4. A: Why don't we go out somewhere tonight? B: () A: OK. Let's go and see that new action movie. (1) Because we don't want to go out. (2) No, we don't want to go out.  (3) Well, I'd prefer to rent a video. (4) Yeah, that sounds good to me. 5. A: What is the best way to get to Tokyo? B: By train, if you want save time. A: () B: That depends on the traffic. (1) How much does it cost? (2) How often do I have to change?  (3) Is there an express train? (4) How long will it take by bus? 6. A: May I help you? B: No, thank you. I'm just looking. A: () We have a lot more items upstairs. B: Oh, do you? You have a large selection, don't you? (1) Take your time. (2) Take it easy. (3) Do your best. (4) Hurry up.

• "Would you mind if I ask you...."

先日、ある英語教師(ネイティブ)から、Aの表現をBに変えるように言われました。文法上の理屈はわかりますが、どうも納得できません。 ネット上で検索すると、圧倒的にAの使用例が多いです。 どう理解したらいいのでしょうか。 教えてください。 A "Would you mind if I ask you...." B  "Would you mind if I asked you..."

• 翻訳お願いします

1.Would you say it again sloely so that I can write it down? 2.She is not married , as far as I know. 3.A:Would you mind turning on the light? B:Certainly not. 4.She is smart as well as beautiful. 5.By the time I got there , all my friends had gone home. 6.She was kind enough to be liked by everyone. 7.You will have another chance even if you fail this time. 8.As long as I am here , you will be safe. 9.When the teacher entered the room , the students stopped talking at once. 10.Noriko couldn't go shopping because of the heavy rain.

• I'll keep it in my mind.

I'll keep it in my mind. を使った簡単な会話を教えてください。 例えば we'll have a date tomorrow. Don't be late! I'll keep it in my mind は正しい使い方でしょうか? 他に何かありましたら教えて下さい