• 締切済み

英語の問題で…

「次の文の空所に入れるのに最も適当な語句を、a~dのうちから1つ選びなさい。」 ・If ( ) for your aid, I would not have succeeded in my business. という問題で、選択肢が、 a. there were not b. it had not been c. I were not d. I had not been ってあるんです。 答えは、b. it had not been になるんですけど、何で答えがこれになるのかわかりません。 hadって何で出てきたんですか…? 全くわかりません(>_<) 解説付きでの回答、宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

回答No.1

今のことについて 「もし~ならば,~だろうに」 If S 過去形, S would/could 原形. 仮定法過去と言います。 過去のことについて 「もし,あの時~だったら,~していただろうに」 If S had 過去分詞, S would/could have 過去分詞. 仮定法過去完了です。 そして, If it were not for ~「もし今~がなければ」 If it had not been for ~「もしあの時,~がなかったならば」 という決まった表現があります。 今回は,「もしあなたの助けがなかったならば,私は仕事で成功しなかったであろう」 ということで,ぴったり合うのです。

2t_love
質問者

お礼

分かりやすい回答ありがとうございます^^ とても参考になりました☆ 回答ありがとうございました(ノc_^●)

関連するQ&A

• 英語ができる方、問題をお願いします。

英文中の空所に入る適切な語、または語句を選択肢から選びなさい。またその英文を訳しなさい。 1. It's started raining. If it ( ) raining, we could go on a picnic. (1)is (2)isn't (3)was (4)weren't 2. If the weather were too hot or too cold, plants ( ) grow. (1)could (2)would not (3)had to (4)won't 3. We would have gone to see the movie last night of we ( ) it was so funny. (1)know (2)would know (3)had known (4)could know 4. If I had known about the good news earlier, I ( ) to congratulate you. (1)would call (2)must have called (3)would have called (4)should call 5. If my son had taken my advice, he ( ) successful now. (1)is (2)was (3)would be (4)would have been 6. I wish I ( ) back the clock and do it all over again. (1)can turn (2)could tuen (3)had turned (4)have turned 7. I wish ( ) much more when I was young. (1)study (2)studied (3)have studied (4)had studied 8. If ( ) he had told her the truth. (1)timely (2)only (3)plainry (4)suddenly 9. It's time Bill ( ) home. (1)go (2)will go (3)goes (4)went 10. ( ) his idleness, he would be a nice fellow. (1)If he would be (2)If he were not (3)If it were not for (4)If it was 11. ( ) for the examination, I could have gone shopping with my friends. (1)Without (2)If (3)But (4)With 12. ( ) for your support, we wouldn't be here. (1)Not were it (2)It were not (3)Were not it (4)Were it not 13. ( ) I known more about the man, I would have gone shopping with my friends. (1)If (2)As (3)Were (4)Had 14. ( ) anything happen to you, you can always call me on my mobile phone. (1)If (2)Should (3)Unless (4)Would 15. ( ) your help, we would have failed. (1)Were it not been for (2)Had it not been for (3)If it had been for (4)Without being 同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語を入れなさい。また、(a)の文を訳しなさい。 1. (a) Because of the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. (b) If ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) for the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. 2. (a) If he had helped us, we could have succeeded. (b) ( ) his help, we could have succeeded. 3. (a) If you heard him talk, you would think that he was a new student. (b) ( ) ( ) him talk, you would think that he was a new student. 4. (a) If he the university students had not started at once, they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. (b) The university students started at once; ( ) they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. 以上です。 お手数をおかけしますが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。 ミスなどがありましたらお知らせください。

• 英語の文法問題に詳しい方力を貸してください。

英語の文法に詳しい方、力を貸してください<m(__)m> 英語の文法の問題集でわからない箇所があります。 The report on the nuclear power plant indicated that when the plant had gone on line _ unsafe. A) and it had been B) it had been C) had been D) that it had been 答えはB)なのですが、答えのみで解説がついていない問題集のためわからず困っております。 なぜB)が答えになるのか、なぜ他の選択肢ではだめなのか、説明してくださる親切な方がいらっしゃいましたら、よろしくお願いいたします。 また簡単な日本語訳もつけてくださると助かります。

• 英語の問題です

英語の問題です! 5問あるので余裕のある方おねがいします! 空所に適当な選択肢の語句を入れてください。 1.I tried to take our dog out of our house, but he () go out. (1)had to (2)might not (3)were to (4)would not 2.I would rather () here. (1)not tobe (2)not (3)not being to (4)not be 3.Since you have a fever, you () go to the hospital. (1)heve better (2)should heve (3)might have (4)had better 4.He () to the museum, but now he hardly ever goes. (1)used to going (2)used to go (3)would used to go (4)is used to go 日本語に合うように()内の語句を並べ替えてください。 5.もし気分がすぐれないのなら、仕事に行かない方がよい。 If you don't feel well,(better/ go/ had/ not/ to/ work/ you). 以上の5問です! おねがいします!

• この問題の回答を文法に沿って説明お願いします

Ms. Schneider asked the kitchen supervisor how many lunches ------- for the students' field trip. (A) had been made (B) had made (C) were making (D) would make 答えは(A) had been made なぜこの答えになったのか?

• 文法問題

( )に入る番号を教えて下さい! (1)If I had had enough money then,I ( )the bag. (1)could buy (2)bought(3)could have bought (4)had bought (2)I ( )you if I had enough time. (1)can see (2)could see (3)cannot see (4)could have seen (3)( )I you,I wouldn't do such a shilly thing. (1)Am (2)Would (3)Were (4)If (4)He wishes he ( )a car;taxis are so expensive. (1)can drive (2)could drive (3)will drive (4)drives (5)If it ( )your advice,we would not be able to fish this task. (1)was not (2)had not for (3)were not (4)were not for (6)( ) (1)If it was nice tomorrow,we will go there. (2)If it had been nice tomorrow,we will go there. (3)If it is nice tomorrow,we will go there. (7)( ) (1)If I only could speak French! (2)Only if I could speak French! (3)If only I could speak French! (8)( ) (1)It's almost eleven. it's time you go to bed. (2)It's almost eleven. It's time you went to bed. (3)It's almost eleven. It's time you had gone to bed. (9)You( )have brought your umbrella. It didn't rain. (1)need not (2)should (3)must not (4)can

• 仮定法の問題で困っています。

英語の仮定法の問題で困っています。一応自分でやってみたので、間違っているところがあったら指摘してください。 Q空所に入れるのに最も適当なものを、それぞれ下の(1)~(4)のうちから1つずつ選んでください。 (1)If it were not for the rain, we (  ) hiking today. (1)can go (2)would go (3)may well go (4)were able to go 自分の答え→(2) (2)We've missed the train. I wish we (  ) earlier. (1)have left (2)had left (3)ought to have (4)were leaving 自分の答え→(1) (3)It is high time the children (  ) to bed. (1)to go (2)went (3)going (4)gone 自分の答え→(2) (4)“(  ) all right if I came again some other time?” “Of course. Just give me a call before you come.” (1)Is it (2)Was it  (3)Would it be (4)Will it be 自分の答え→(2) (5)I remember how it happened as clearly as if it (  ) only yesterday. (1)has been (2)is (3)were (4)would be 自分の答え→(3)

• 仮定法で困っています。

英語の仮定法の問題で困っています。一応自分でやってみたので、間違っているところがあったら指摘してください。 Q空所に入れるのに最も適当なものを、それぞれ下の(1)~(4)のうちから1つずつ選んでください。 (1)I could have gotten much more for the painting if I (  ) it overseas. (1)had sold (2)would sell (3)have sold (4)sold 自分の答え→(2) (2)(  ) your help, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this project. (1)Were not it for (2)If it had not for (3)Had it not been for (4)If it is not for 自分の答え→(1) (3)I do not deny that your information was invaluable. (  ) it, I could never have formed our plan. (1)Far from (2)In spite of (3)With (4)Without 自分の答え→(4) (4)Had I known you were coming to Tokyo, I (  ) to the station to meet you. (1)would have gone (2)didn't go (3)had gone (4)would go 自分の答え→(3) (5)The man at the window must be a spy, since he works slowly and keeps looking around. A real cleaner (  ) the windows twice. (1)had never washed (2)was not washing (3)would not wash (4)did not wash 自分の答え→(3) 問題は以上です。よろしくお願いします。

•  英語の仮定法の問題です。

英語の仮定法の問題です。   A better bridge could have been built ( ). (1)if they didn't assist us (2)had it been not for their help (3)having had them help us  (4)had they offered assistance    答え:(4)    文法書にはif+S(主語)+動詞の過去形,(略)  と書かれているので、didn'tもありじゃないかと思うんです。が、基本的に(本問でいうとdidのような)一般動詞を使うよりもhadやwereを使っているのしかみたことが無いんですが。  質問です。  ・条件節に一般動詞の過去形を使う場合もあるんでしょうか?  ・この(1)は何故間違いなのでしょうか?    拙い文章ですみません。誤字・脱字はご勘弁ください。

• 英文法の問題です。不正解の理由を教えてください。

以下の問題の応えは「(d)lived」なのだと参考書に書いてあったのですが、「(c)had lived」に決まらない理由がわからないので教えてください。 問.適当な語句を選べ。 I [(a)have once lived (b)have been (c)had lived (d)lived] in Paris for three years when I was a child. (私は子供のころ、3年間パリで暮らしたことがあった。)

• 英語 仮定法

自分の答えが合っているかと 間違っていた問題も合っていた問題も訳や説明をいただけると嬉しいです ・My father (give/smoking/up/wishes/could/he). →wishes he could give up smoking ・I (I/when/had been/Tom/called on/him/at home/wish). →wish Tom had been at home when I called on him. ・You (seen/a ghost/look/if/had/as/you). →look as if you had seen a ghost. ・"Why didn't you tell me she married him?" "()" 1 I have told you because I had known it. 2 I told you because I married her. 3 I would have told you if I had known it. 4 She married him because I had known it.→1 ・If () not for his help, I would not be able to finish the work. 1 I had 2 it were 3 there were 4 they had→2 ・Ken must have had an accident on his way home; (), he would have been here by now. 1 otherwise 2 if 3 but 4 for→1 わからなかった問題です ・並び替え 1 (you/would/she/do/if/what)won a goal medal in the Olympics. 2 (about/we/is/on/set/time/off/it) a camping holiday. ・間違った部分を選んで直す 1 (1 Were) the would (2 to come) to an end, we (3 will) carry (4 on) the plan. 2 Had I (1 knew) that she (2 didn't feel) very well yesterday, I wouldn't have (3 asked) her to(4 work late).