• ベストアンサー

口語です。

"If everyone's got nothing, everyone's got the same," "There's a comfort we get from each other. It's simple. We've all got nothing. Not half or some. Nothing." got nothing と最後のNothing , Not half or some. の意味がわかりません。 全訳もお願いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> If everyone's got nothing, everyone's got the same, there's a comfort we get from each other. It's simple. We've all got nothing. Not half or some. Nothing. もし誰もが何も得ていないのであれば、だれもが平等な立場であるわけで、お互いに不平不満はない。単純な道理だ。誰も何も得てはいないのだ。半分だけは得ているとかいくらかは得ているというのではない。まるで何もないのだから。 ざっと内容を取れば上記のような感じだと思います。 get nothing は、「何も得ない」 と直訳できるでしょう。I got nothing. といえば、「わたしは何ものも手に入れてはいない」 で、I got some. なら、「ある程度は手に入れた」 となります。 Not half or some. は、「半分は手にいれた、あるいはある程度手にいれた」 ということを否定しています。 前の文が We've all got nothing. ですから、その文を受けているのですが、前の文が We've all got ... という言い方をしているので、後ろでは We have got の部分を省略しています。繰り返さなくても分るからです。 最後の Nothing. も同様で、We've all got nothing.. という文の nothing の部分だけを取り出して繰り返したものです。 複数の人間がいて、その中の一部の人間だけが何かを得たのであれば 「不平等」 ということになるけれども、それらの人間たちのうちの誰1人として何かを得たという者がいない状態なら、誰にも不満を言う筋合いはない、という趣旨の文のようです。

1maradona
質問者

お礼

完璧です!! 有難うございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳お願いします

Just, let's not be so intense. It's too much talking about serious stuff... and we haven't known each other for that long or that well

• なぜこの訳になるのですか?

こんばんは。いつもお世話になっています。 先ほど、アメリカのアニメを観ていたら、ここはなぜこの訳になるのだろうか?という部分がありました。 A: Wow, we've got $500!! B: Hey, how wonderful! Our first plesant surprise. C: It's not the money as much as the feeling that we earned it. (英語字幕では、It's not the money. It's the feeling that we earned it.となっています) わからない部分はCの台詞です。日本語字幕では「いい気分よね」としかなっていません。なぜこういった訳になるのでしょうか?できれば文法的解釈も交えて教えていただけたら幸いです。 ご回答はお時間がある時で結構です。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語が分からないので教えてください。

訳もお願いします。 1.This crazy world a)A world where everyone is happy b)A world that we cannot understand c)A world in which everyone is mad 2.People come and go. a)People leave and come back. b)People do not stay long. c)People move around the same place. 3.Let's keep it simple. a)Let's not do anything that isn't fun. b)Let's not make life complicated. c)Let's not hold on to expensive things. 4.Nothin'comes for free. a)Nothing can be done without money. b)Nothing you do is without some cost. c)Nothing that one has is priceless. 5.Pockets full of good intentions a)To want to do the right thing b)To intend to help yourself c)To fill one's pockets with wishes

• 一文だけ日本語訳をお願いします!!

Not everyone is aware that taboos are not universal to each culture or country,and usually from around a group's values and beliefs. どうしてそう言う訳になるのかも出来るだけ易しく、詳しく教えていただけるとうれしいです。 お願いします

• 次の英文正しいですか?

次の英文正しいですか?和訳も教えてください。 1)I have no bookcase,so I'll make myself. 2)It's green that we've painted the door,not red. 3)It was this chair I put my book on, not that one. 4)Meet me at the same place that yesterday. 5)Who's there? It's only me. よろしくお願いします

• 高校 英語問題

並べ替えの問題なのですが、 ・行きたくなくても行かねばなりません You've ( go / got / it / like / or / to / whether / you) not. が分かりません。 You've to go whether~or not で「行きたかろうがなかろうが行かねばならない」という意味になるのは分かるのですが、 whether節中の並びはどうなるのでしょうか。 教えてください。

• 後置修飾

(1)I've got eveything we'll need. (2)It's got pockets for keeping things in. (1)は、we'll need が、【everything】を後置修飾し、(2)は、for keeping things in が、【pockets】を後置修飾してるのではないかと思うのですが、なぜ、(1)には前置詞が無く、(2)にはforが要るのでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 日本語訳を教えていただけないでしょうか。

日本語訳を教えていただけないでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Sometimes the dark gets in and you can`t see Which way is up or down and you can`t let go We`ve got to helpe one another htrough these hard times When things get ruff It`s not enough to stand by and watch it go down You`ve got to be tuff

• 日本語訳をお願いします

Your place in my life is the same as it's always been, nothing's changed. この英文の意味を教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

I’ve known a guy as a friend for a few years, and we see each other every few months and catch up. I recently found myself single at the same time he was and I thought he might be interested in me. We’ve both began communicating with each other more than usual. However, it’s always about our cats. We make plans to do things where there will be cats, visit with each other’s cats, message each other cat memes and updates about our cats, and even plan “cat dates” for our cats to hang. We make plans to do things where there will be catsの訳とwhereの文法的解説をよろしくお願いします