• ベストアンサー

英文の添削をお願いします

日本語にあわせて英文を作成したのですが、添削をお願いします。 1.あの二人はカップルとして釣り合っていない They are not proportionate to couple. 2.東京では多くのスーパーマーケットの棚は空になった Items on the shelf at the lot of grocery store at Tokyo was empty.

• do2007
  • お礼率27% (117/426)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51910
  • ベストアンサー率60% (460/762)
回答No.2

ANo.1です。 英訳ではなく添削でしたね。失礼しました。 1. 「proportionate to」とは「…に比例する」という意味です。ですので「They are not proportionate to couple」を単純に訳すと、「彼らはカップルに比例していない」という文章になってしまします。 「match」には、「釣り合わせる」という意味が含まれています。日本語でも、ボクシングや格闘技用語でマッチメイキングなどと言いますよね。 2. 都内にあるスーパーマーケットですから、「at Tokyo」ではなく「in Tokyo」です。空っぽになるのは品物ではなく、商品棚ですから、「empty」になるのは「items」ではなく「shelves」です。それはそれとして、主語を「Items」と複数形にしている以上、「was」は「were」とすべきです。また、「lot of grocery store」ではなく、「lot of grocery stores」です。 回答例はANo.1をご参考下さい。 ではでは。

do2007
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます! また、亀レスですみませんが、 Shelves in many of the grocery stores in Tokyo were empty. ではだめなのでしょうか? >Shelves were empty in many of the grocery stores in Tokyo. では、棚は空になった東京の食料品店で、 というおかしな訳にはならないでしょうか?

その他の回答 (2)

• lusyfer
  • ベストアンサー率30% (17/55)
回答No.3

They two are not appropriate to dating. In Tokyo all comodities on the shelf in many grocery stores have gone off. かな。

• cbm51910
  • ベストアンサー率60% (460/762)
回答No.1

1. The two do not match against each other as a couple. 2-a). Many grocery stores in Tokyo, had empty shelves. 2-b). Shelves were empty in many of the grocery stores in Tokyo. ←個人的にはこちらをお薦めします

関連するQ&A

• 受け身の文に書きかえてください。

They sell salt at the grocery store.

• 英文の添削をお願いします

日本語にあわせて英文を作ったのですが、添削をお願いしたいです。 1.2011年のイチローのシーズンは不振だった Ichiro , he was depresse at the MLB in 2011. 2.僕はブロック壁を作られることを恐れている I am threaten to make block bariier. 3.彼らは僕の家の反対側に住んでいる They live in the house opposite to me. 4.彼はすでに殺されています He had mudered already. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

来日する海外のアーティストへのファンレターです。 自力で訳してみたのですが、自信がありません。 英語の得意な方に添削、アドバイス等頂けましたら幸いです。 よろしくお願いします。 ○○さんへ 昨夏の(コンサート名)では素晴らしいパフォーマンスをありがとう! Aは力強くエネルギッシュに、Bはドラマチックでまるで○○劇場のように感じました! そして東京でのCはすべての観客が一体となり楽しみましたね! とても興奮しました!! 何よりもあなたの日本のファンに対する思いやりに強く心動かされました。 この夏もこのコンサートが開催されとても嬉しいです。 これからも健康で素晴らしいパフォーマンスを披露してくださいますように。 そしてあなたの人生が笑顔と輝きに満ちたものでありますように。 感謝を込めて。 Dear ○○ Thank you for great performance at (コンサート名) last summer ! I felt "A" was forceful and energetic, "B" was dramatic, just like ○○’s theater! And all the audiences united to enjoy "C" at Tokyo! It was so excited !! Above all, I was deeply moved by your thoughtful heart for Japanese fans. I'm verry happy to hold this concert this summer too. I really would like you to stay healthy and make a lot of great performance from now on. And I wish your life with a big smile and brightness. Many thanks.

• 英文の添削をお願いします

日本語に合わせて、英文を作りましたので 添削をお願いしたいです。 1.彼は無駄とわかっていたが、投げ続けた He know it noting , but he was keeping throwing. 2.2003年、ぼくは追い出されるように東京から帰ってきた I came back home from tokyo like banishing when at 2003. 3.ぼくはパソコンのデータ入力に長けている I am proficient inputting date in the computer. 4.彼はそのクラブのレベルの高い選手を目の当たりにして夢をあきらめた He renounced his dream after he saw great of players this club. 5.ぼくは斉藤さんのボールに牛乳をいれ、ボールに溜めた I poured milk Saitou's bowl and deposits it on it.

• 添削お願いします

Today, many toy department divide by gender in store and online. 「最近のおもちゃ売り場の多くは、リアル店舗もネットショップも性別によってしっかり分けられています。」 And it sells in the different shell and show aimed at girls and aimed at boys 「違う棚で売られていたり、「女の子向け」「男の向け」という表示があります。」 こちらの英文を添削してほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 解釈に悩んでます。

We could not find a supermarket either, even though it was in our plan B. 「もしものことを考えてスーパー(に寄って行く、魚を買って持って帰るために)によるプランもあったんだけど、探したけど見つからなかった.」 という、釣りにいって釣れなかった時の日本人の作った文章なのですが、 私には 「私たちスーパーマーケットもみつけられなかったね。それ(スーパーマーケット)が私たちのプランBにあったのに。」 となんとか読めます。 この日本的感覚満ちあふれる 「もしものことを考えてスーパーで魚を買って持って帰る」 事がアメリカでジョークとして通じるかどうかはさておき、 even though it was in our plan B のところが良く解釈できません。 it は supermarket を指すのですか? to buy fish など要らないのでしょうか? 私なら We could not find any grocery store to buy some fish at for plan B .   などとするところです。 皆様のご意見お聞かせください。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 On October Second ‘10 I had a holiday and went to car dealer. First, I went to Toyota to see Estima. As soon as I went there, I did test-drive one. It was comfortable, but it wasn’t more comfortable Alfard and Velfire. When all of salesman find I decided to buy a car, they surve me with the greatest survice. After Toyota, I went to Honda. But there was not a car I wanted. When I was about to leave the shop, the salesman tried to prevent me from leaving there by this way and that. When I was feeling an awkward situation, my mobile phone rang at a good timing. It called from Toyota and told me to leave my bag. I left there at once and came back Toyota to receive it. As soon as I arrived at there, the salesman brought my bag to me. I felt I was lucky, as I left the shop. If I left it another place, it wouldn’t come back me.

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 英語再勉強中です。特に過去形と完了形の使い分けに悩んでいます。 よろしくお願いします。 (日本文) 400年前日本の首都は京都から東京へ移った。 しかし、当時東京は江戸と呼ばれていた。 そのころ、徳川家康がこの国を制覇し、長い平和をもたらした。 これは260年間、14代に渡り、鎖国という方法により続いた。 しかしながら、この間にいくつかの国で産業革命が起こり、日本の国力が低下し、植民地化に直面した。 その対策として、不平等条約と共に日本はいかなる国に対しても国を開いた。 (英文) The capital of Japan moved to Tokyo from Kyoto about 400 years ago. But at those days Tokyo was called Edo. At the day Ieyasu Tokugawa conquered this nation and brought a long peace. This had been for 260 years during 14 successive reigns by the way of closed country. The Industry Revolution occurred in some countries during this, however the power of Japan had been decreasing and faced on being planted a colony. As that countermeasure, Japan opened for any countries with an unequal treaty.

• 英文和訳について

「次の英文の面白いところを要点を分かり易く、英語で説明しなさい。」という問題がテストに出るそうなのですが、どのように答えれば完璧でしょうか。できるだけ簡単によろしくお願いします。 A Canadian couple took a trip to Japan. They had studied Japanese in Canada before starting on their trip. On their first night in Tokyo, they went to a sushi shop. When they finished eating, the husband tried to use Japanese and asked, “Ikura?’’ meaning "How much is it?'' The cook at the counter shouted loudly, "Ikura for two!'' Beautiful Ikura-zushi was immediately placed in front of the amazed Canadians. The man was disappointed. He changed from Japanese to English, and again asked for their bill, "How much?'' Do you think they got the bill? No. This time they got Hamachi-zushi!

• 英文日記の添削お願いいたします。

A young couple was chav in appearance asked me to take them to a place in a car during driving in the middle of midnight. I listened to them through the window at first. However eventually opened the window and get them to hailed taxi despited I decided never to open the window and door. I talked a driver and handed them some papers. (cos they said that they had not enough money and it seemed true) They thanked me very much repeatedly. I found I felt regret for both my acts what I gave cold shoulder and what I opened the window when I saw that attitude. Such situations that force with a rang of choices often turn up in life. Wondering if my judgment was decent somewhat. 宜しくお願いいたします。