• 締切済み

翻訳お願いします。う

Two preliminary matters need disposing of right away,both pertaining to matters un-American. In reply to the question posed by the title How does being an American inform what I write? ―one might want to say: “Well, being an American means I felt free to write whatever I chose,and so I did. Q.E.D.”But, couldn't I have done as much in Denmark,Canada or Britain, and been one of theirs? It's true of the U.S., but it's not uniquely true. And second,while being an American may have made me a writer and stamped my efforts indelibly, it hasn't necessarily made me a better writer than some other country's. A look into world literature tells us that. For all I know, I might've been better as a Frenchman.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

<訳例> 2つの予備的な問題が、すぐ処分する必要があって、ともに非アメリカ的な問題に関係していました。「アメリカ人であることはどのように、私が書くものを特徴づけるか?」というタイトルによって提出された質問に対する答えとして、---人は以下を言いたがっているかもしれません。 「さて、アメリカ人であることは何を選んだとしても遠慮なく書いたので、私が書いたことを意味します。証明終わり。」しかし、私は、デンマーク、カナダまたはイギリスで同じくらい多くのことをして、彼等の仲間入りすることができなかったでしょうか?米国に関してはあてはまりますが、それは唯一本当というのではありません。そして、2番目に、アメリカ人であることは、私を作家にして、永久に私の努力を印象付けたかもしれませんが、それは必ず私を外国の作家以上のより良い作家にするというわけではありませんでした。世界文学をちょっと見てみれば、そのことは、私たちには解かります。 恐らく、私はフランス人として、より良かったかもしれません。

関連するQ&A

• テスト勉強に正しい翻訳がほしいです。

Today there's a writer in Chechnya writing about the influence of, well...Chechnya on his body of work. And he's writing the same sort of things I’ve written, or better things. Good, l say. For if all these years of being an American have only readied me to realize my likeness, my kinship, my collegiality with someone I’ll never know, made me able to live literature's most precious wisdom―then being an American, and a writer no less, has served me very well indeed.

• 翻訳お願いします。え

I don't remember when I first realized I was an American. Pledging allegiance to the flag at age six. Registering for the Selective Service at eighteen. Joining the Marines at twenty. I'm certain, though, that long before any of these happened, I was made quite aware that I was first, a Mississippian―a Jacksonian in fact―a southerner, a son of parents who were not themselves Mississippians, but Arkansans,and so slightly different from me. AII these unique local identities, of course,Presume me to be an American, since the Republic, the country and principles it embodies contain all the others. Thus, anything about me and my productions that I might attribute to being a Southerner,etc., can also be attributable―by radiating logic-to being an American

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert Deleo sounded off on former frontman Scott Weiland in a new interview with FasterLouder saying the following: “It wasn't an overnight thing, it was building for many, many years and I just think that we tried to do everything we could,” DeLeo reasons. “We had a lot of great years with Scott, and I feel thankful we complemented each other's lives immensely through the years. But friends don't treat friends like that. I think Dean and Eric and myself just got tired of being treated that way. I got really tired of being treated that way.” He also went on to praise new STP frontman Chester Bennington: “It's been great. It's been a huge breath of fresh air, a lot more sanity, a lot more reasoning, and patience,” DeLeo explained when asked about working with Bennington. “Having a ‘stable' singer, it's new. It's a very new feeling, and I don't quite think Dean and Eric and I are used to it yet, it's kind of surprising. Things are running very smoothly, it's interesting because what I notice is I actually have a lot more energy onstage, because my day doesn't involve wondering what's going to happen that day.”

• 翻訳お願いします

翻訳お願いします。長文で申し訳ないです。 英語が苦手すぎてうまく訳せないためお力をお貸しいただけたら嬉しいです。 会話文です。 Bye-Bye Ok, I'm off to Rockefeller Center. Well, what do you have up there: one of those job interviews you were talking about? Yes, as a matter of fact. The Center is south of us, right? Actually, it's west. You can probably walk there, since it's less than a mile away. A mile in Manhattan? Hmm... A taxi, then? Too expensive. And surface traffic is too heavy this time of day for that-or a bus. Take the V train. You can board at 51 Street then you've gone too far. I did that my first week in New York. I wound up all the way in Brooklyn before I realized my mistake. Oh, and don't spend too long looking for the building address. Sometimes it's on a different entrance. It's just easier to try to find the right entrance. Yeah, sometimes it's better to know the building itself rather than look for the entrance address. OK, thanks a lot! Bye. Bye. Good luck! Have fun. Bar?

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

“I’ve seen Stone Temple Pilots play probably about 30 times, a huge influence on me. They really made music that I absolutely loved, and I still love to this day. So the chance to go out and perform those songs with those guys was very cool. Honestly, Robert DeLeo, Dean DeLeo, and Eric Kretz, those guys are super talented. I’ve had the privilege of not only being in Linkin Park and being around a bunch of geniuses, I got to go and be in Stone Temple Pilots and be around a bunch of geniuses, and just kind of sit back and kind of ask myself, ‘How did I get here?’”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

First of all they don't have the legal right to call themselves STP because I'm still a member of the band. And more importantly, they don't have the ethical right to call themselves Stone Temple Pilots because it's misleading and dishonest to the millions of fans that have followed us for so many years. When I tour on my own, it's never as Stone Temple Pilots. It's as Scott Weiland. The fans deserve to know what they're getting.

• 翻訳おねがします。あ

Of course, it’s a tail-chasing question to begin with, a literary chicken-or-egg riddle. You have only to raise the stakes sublimely to see what I mean:How did being Russian influence Chekhov? How did being a woman affect Virginia Woolf? How did being a pint-sized sailor determine the public pronouncements of Popeye, who finally knew the answer and said it best: “I am what I am. That's all that I am.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

"Look, man, anyone can go online and be what they call a 'hater' or have an opinion and that goes in many different directions. We're just really trying to do something that feels good and not only honors the catalog of what we have but moving forward musically. "Looking at the last 10 years of STP, not much has gotten done and that's very, very frustrating to live with. I don't want the next 10 years of life to be like that. I want the next 10 years to be great and we contribute or at least try to contribute really valid music. It's really what I got into this for — to write the best songs I can write."

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

Velvet Revolver Reveal How Axl Rose Made Slash Find Scott Weiland Former Velvet Revolver and Guns N’ Roses drummer Matt Sorum revealed in a new Loudwire Nights interview how Axl Rose moving on with a new Guns N’ Roses lineup is what made himself, Slash, and Duff McKagan get late Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland to form Velvet Revolver. Ultimate-Guitar transcribed his comments. “My wife loved that record [Contraband], I do, but you know, it’s interesting, I need to go back and listen to some of these things sometimes because I get different interpretations of what I recorded the first time. “But I mean, that record, the same feeling I have for Deadland Ritual is the same feeling I had going in and making Velvet Revolver’s first album. “It’s a renewed energy, you do have to really step it up because you’re unleashing something into the world that might or might not want to resonate towards, because number one, they think, ‘Oh, it’s just a bunch of guys getting together because they think they should put a band together or be a supergroup.’

• 翻訳お願いします。

I have nothing made sitting on the shelf ready to go, every thing is made to order. There are many people on the list now to have heat sinks and other machined items made, if you get on the list right now it will be 4-5 weeks before I get to your name on the list. would you like to look at the models of hosts I have in stock now and that I can make you a heat sink for ? I can make you a complete kit of parts also if you like. let me know...