Stone Temple Pilotsからの声明:Scott Weilandとの関係に疲れ果てた

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Stone Temple Pilotsのベーシスト、Robert Deleoが、元フロントマンのScott Weilandについてコメントした。
  • DeLeoは、長年にわたって構築されてきたものであり、すべてを尽くしたと述べた。
  • 彼はまた、新しいSTPのフロントマン、Chester Benningtonを称賛しました。彼は、Benningtonと一緒に働くことについて非常に満足していると語りました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert Deleo sounded off on former frontman Scott Weiland in a new interview with FasterLouder saying the following: “It wasn't an overnight thing, it was building for many, many years and I just think that we tried to do everything we could,” DeLeo reasons. “We had a lot of great years with Scott, and I feel thankful we complemented each other's lives immensely through the years. But friends don't treat friends like that. I think Dean and Eric and myself just got tired of being treated that way. I got really tired of being treated that way.” He also went on to praise new STP frontman Chester Bennington: “It's been great. It's been a huge breath of fresh air, a lot more sanity, a lot more reasoning, and patience,” DeLeo explained when asked about working with Bennington. “Having a ‘stable' singer, it's new. It's a very new feeling, and I don't quite think Dean and Eric and I are used to it yet, it's kind of surprising. Things are running very smoothly, it's interesting because what I notice is I actually have a lot more energy onstage, because my day doesn't involve wondering what's going to happen that day.”

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数12

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert Deleo sounded off on former frontman Scott Weiland in a new interview with FasterLouder saying the following: “It wasn't an overnight thing, it was building for many, many years and I just think that we tried to do everything we could,” DeLeo reasons. “We had a lot of great years with Scott, and I feel thankful we complemented each other's lives immensely through the years. But friends don't treat friends like that. I think Dean and Eric and myself just got tired of being treated that way. I got really tired of being treated that way.” ストーン・テンプル・パイロッツのベーシスト、ロバート・デリオはファスターラウダーへのインタビューで元フロントマン、スコット・ウェイランドに対し、歯に衣着せぬ物言いをしている。それによると、 『一晩限りじゃないんだ。何年もの間、繰り返されてきたんだ。もうできることはやり尽くした感なのよ』 デリオはこう結論付ける。 『スコットとは素晴らしい年月を過ごしたさ。お互い生活を相当犠牲にしてきたんだ。ただ友人であるなら、あんな扱いはしない。ディーンもエリックもこの俺だって、あんな扱いをされるにはもうウンザリだった。ほとほと辟易してた』 He also went on to praise new STP frontman Chester Bennington: “It's been great. It's been a huge breath of fresh air, a lot more sanity, a lot more reasoning, and patience,” DeLeo explained when asked about working with Bennington. “Having a ‘stable' singer, it's new. It's a very new feeling, and I don't quite think Dean and Eric and I are used to it yet, it's kind of surprising. Things are running very smoothly, it's interesting because what I notice is I actually have a lot more energy onstage, because my day doesn't involve wondering what's going to happen that day.” 彼はSTPの新任ヴォーカルのチェスター・ベニントンを称賛し始めた。 『ホント良かった。まさに新鮮な空気で深呼吸する感じだ。極めて正気で、理性と根気の溢れたね』 デリオはベニントンが推挙された経緯をこう説明する。 『第一級のヴォーカリストだろ、しかも新任の。こんなにも新鮮な気持ちになるんだな。ディーンもエリックも俺もこういうのは未経験だった。ある種サプライズだね。実に上手いこと行ったんだ。面白いのは、ステージでどんどん元気が出て来るんだよ。だって明日はどうなるんだって気を揉む必要なんか、サラサラ無くなっちまったんだからさ』

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo discussed firing Scott Weiland and the state of Stone Temple Pilots in a new interview with NorthJersey.com, “I had to look at the past 10 years of what STP has done, or hasn't done, and we all decided that we don't want to spend the next 10 years like that.” “We have a lot to prove right now,” said DeLeo regarding STP's new Chester Bennington fronted lineup. “People have a certain idea of who the face of the band is and that that person does everything. That's not the case.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

With STONE TEMPLE PILOTS moving full steam ahead on a new EP and a full slate of fall tour dates with new singer Chester Bennington, The Pulse Of Radio asked guitarist Dean DeLeo how the group chose the LINKIN PARK frontman for the job in the first place. "We simply did not have a list of guys we were thinking of, we didn't hold auditions, we thought of Chester and that was it," he said. "It's very interesting, honestly, because Chester told me a story that when he was dating his wife about nine years ago, he told her that one day he was gonna get a call from us to be the singer of this band."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Filter frontman Richard Patrick & new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington talk about Scott Weiland and playing with the DeLeos for the first time in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter Patrick: Army of Anyone was a completely separate outside band. We wanted to take the DeLeo brothers to my sound design and we did a lot of that, but I went at it so that under no circumstances could I be compared to Scott Weiland. I had to sing everything high and I wanted to sing way up there because Scott's a baritone and the moment you start singing baritone stuff… so I was adamant that they stay in the key of drop D because that's where my voice likes to hang out. I kept saying things like, “I wanna rock. I wanna do really fast, exciting stuff!” Bennington: They had decided to move forward without Scott, and were talking about who they wanted to move forward with. My name got brought up … and I was like, “Fuck yeah!” I didn't even think about it. It was like a dog looking at a squirrel, getting instantly excited and wanting to chase it.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Despite DeLeo's hesitance to work with Weiland again in the future, the decision to fire him wasn't an easy one. “It was a very difficult decision to terminate your singer, man, it wasn't an easy decision to do that,” DeLeo said. “Look at the past 10 years of what STP has done and it hasn't been much. I don't want to spend the next 10 years doing, or not doing, the same thing. I feel we have a lot to offer the face of music and some valid things to write and do and that's the way I want to spend my career.” Weiland has taken time apart from STP twice in the past. From mid 1997 to late 1998 the band were on hiatus, and from 2003 to 2008 they were broken up. STP fired Weiland in February, and replaced him with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington in May.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Rolling Stone Magazine recently had the chance to sit down and chat with Chester Bennington and Robert DeLeo of STP and listened to their upcoming E.P., High Rise. It has been revealed that the second track, “Black Heart”, will be released as the single single. Furthermore, the closer track “Tomorrow” was described as being “epic” in sound, and the track “Cry Cry” was written entirely by Bennington himself. On the topic of ousted frontman Scott Weiland, DeLeo said “We've always looked out for Scott's best interests and tried to be a great friend to someone who really didn't care to be friends with us.” That eventually led, he said, to “a very difficult decision.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean and I wanted to do something, we wanted to be part of the 12.12.12 concert but we ran it by Scott [Weiland] and he didn't want to do it. I think he was already booked to actually go back and do Starland at the time [his shows were rescheduled to other venues in December of 2012]. He was doing the solo stuff and [because of that] we didn't have the chance to go back. That's pretty fucking frustrating man. So to come back here now and re-open this, it means a lot. It's a really big deal for Dean and I.” Stone Temple Pilots fired Weiland in February and Chester Bennington replaced him in May.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

When STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bandmembers Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz began thinking of singers to accompany the new music they were working on, Bennington was at the top of the list. "Chester has a one-of-a-kind voice that we've admired for a long time," said Dean DeLeo. "We know LINKIN PARK will always be his priority, but we thought it would be cool to try something together. We managed to find the time to record a song and we're all really happy with the result."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots’ DeLeo brothers were interviewed by Banana 101.5 and for the first time they candidly discussed their decision to fire Scott Weiland. Below are some excerpt quotes from the interview regarding Weiland: Robert: “…that kind of led us … I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down to a certain kind of tolerance. It wasn't just a musical decision or a business decision it was a quality of life decision and that really what it's about…” Dean: “We want to be able to fulfill our commitment through the band too. Robert, Eric and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that. Robert: “We're gonna be able to do material that we weren't able to do and I think from seeing what you saw with Scott — I think you know what I mean. We're gonna be able to perform stuff that we've been dying to perform for a long time.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean also discussed Chester Bennington joining STP, “I was on a European tour late at night, I turn on the TV and there's Linkin Park doing this massive festival and Chester's hitting it with a Stone Temple Pilots No. 4 shirt on. It really brought a smile to my face, it brought me back to home I could feel my heart again. The first time we met was at a turnstile waiting for our luggage, and I said I think I owe you this and I kissed him on the cheek. So we've kind of been friends ever since. I knew he really loved the band obviously. We did some touring tour on a Family Values tour in 1994 I think [it was 2001], we hit it off we spent a lot of time together. When the time came to think about a singer, we simply reached out to him.” ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Linkin Park』はバンド名、『Dean DeLeo』『Chester Bennington』『Nikki Sixx』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

BENNINGTON GIVES UPDATE ON STP RECORDING SESSIONS, BAND TO RELEASE “OUT OF TIME” IN U.K. Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington gave a brief update on STP's current recording sessions in a new interview with PhilStar, “We enjoy our families. I have a lot of kids. If I'm not with Linkin Park, I'm working with other people. I've been working with Stone Temple Pilots and we're making great music together.” STP will release “Out of Time” as a single on July 15th in the United Kingdom through Spinefarm Records in the UK. Spinefarm is a heavy metal label, so it's an interesting choice for STP to go with that label for the release of Out of Time. STP self-released the track in the United States in May. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Linkin Park』はバンド名、『Chester Bennington』は人物名、『Out of Time』は曲名です。