• ベストアンサー

英文和訳です。

●When in Rome, talk to the Romans. That is my variation on the proverb. (by J. Rogers) これは、Do im Rome, as the Romans do. に例えたものだと思うのですが、うまい日本語訳は ありますか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

もっと日本語らしく言うなら、 「郷に入りてはジモティにきけ(話しかけよ、たずねよ)」と言うニュアンスでしょう

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 「郷に入っては郷に従え」英語で他の言い方

「郷に入っては郷に従え」を調べると「When in Rome, do as the Romans do.」が でてくるのですが。 TV番組の奥様は魔女で「郷に入っては郷に従え」と訳されているところが 「When in Rome, do as the Romans do.」とは何回聞いても聞こえないのです。 「イフ ユウ ケイ ビーダム ジョイダム」と聞こえるのですが、なんと言っているのか わかる方いますか? 「郷に入っては郷に従え」は「When in Rome, do as the Romans do.」以外に言い方が あるのですか?

• 郷に入れば郷に従えは英語にすると・・・

郷に入れば郷に従えは英語でwhen in rome do as the Romans.となっていますが、これを、when you are in rome do as the Romans do.とテストで書いたら滅点、減点対象になりますか。

• 訳を教えてください!!

次の英文の訳を教えてください。 The old saying "When in Rome in do as the Romans do"is never more true than when at the dinner table. 主語のことわざの意味はわかるのですが、それ以外がわかりません。 <than when>は関係代名詞かな?とは思うのですが、初めて見るのでわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳

次の英文を和訳してくださいm(_ _)m When you have lived as long as I have,you will discover,I hope,that it is not what one sees on the outside,so much as what is in the inside of a man,which makes him happy and contented,or the contrary.

• 英文和訳

前置詞の論文を読んでいて、今atに関するところです。 (19) the cafe is at the highway. (20) the cafe is on the highway. という例文があり、次から解説があります。 その解説文が上手く訳せないので誰か教えてください>< at first sight,(19) appears to constitute a counterexample to the claim that "at" involvese the constual of the two elements involved in the relationship as geometric points, since this seems incompatible with the fact that a highway is a long, straight object, more natually conceptualised as a line in geometric terms. in fact, the typical context of use for (19) is when i am moving along a path (for example, driving a car) and i say that the cafe is located at the place where my oath intersects with the highway at the same point ahead- a location that is quite naturally conceptualised as a point. Similary, there is an implicit notion of path in each of the following. お願いします><

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

What do our customers pay us for? Why do they buy from us? In a competitive, non-monopolistic market, and that is what the world has become, there is absolutely no reason why a customer should buy from you rather than from your competitor. None. He pays you because you give him something that is of value to him. What is it that we get paid for? You may think this is a simple question. It is not. I have now been working with some of the world’s biggest manufacturers, producers, even in Slovenia. I have been asking that question now for a year. We have two kinds of customers: one, of course, is the retailer and, if that soap or that detergent or that mayonnaise is not on the retailer’s shelves, the housewife won’t buy it.

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 再び挨拶の部分に入ったようです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 This reading is a totally hand crafted astrological reading done in the traditional way. Now Tomoko I will begin your Soulmate Two. This is the next long chapter in your Soul mate reading, and I promise it will be as enchanting, moving and illuminating as the original one was. It will add to the portrait and enhance the details, so that you can see him more clearly in your mind eye. In looking at this reading you are looking at the future with me, as if looking at a film on a blank screen. My English is poor and my words inadequate but I will do my utmost to faithfully describe him, his life and the details that the chart reveals. Your future and past are pictured here in your Natal chart. He is part of that future. Love is your destiny.

• 英文の和訳

今年受験生で、今 京都大学の過去問を解いていたのですが、英文の全訳が載っていないので、教えてください。 But this by no means implies that there has simply to be a conflict of prejudices and biases, as the data are manipulated to suit one important factor. という文です。 前半のthereの訳し方がわからないのですが、訳は しかし、これは、単に偏見と先入観の闘争でなければならないことを意味するわけではない。 であってますか? 後半はasをどの意味でとればいいのかわかりません。 あと、 When dealing with history, especially the sort of history that is most significance in philosophy, that shaping is bound to be relevant. という文でthat以下がどの語を修飾しているのか、教えてほしいです。

• 英文の和訳

質問はタイトルの通り、英文の和訳です。 幾つかあるのですが、よろしくお願いします。 1.Both men and women know perfectly well what a bicycle looks like and both sexes ride them in large nunmbers.But if men and women are presented with a piece of paper on which two equal circles are drawn side by side,representing he wheels of a bicycle,and asked to complete the drawing,the men fare much better than the women. 2.Every 14th-century farmer had to keep aside one quarter of the grain he harvested to use as seed the following year, and one thenth of the remainder had to be paid to the church as a tax. 3.Friendship is vase,which,when it is cracked by hear,violence,or accident,may as well be broken at once; it can never be trusted after.The more graceful and ornamental it was the more clearly do we discern the hopelessness of restorig it to its former state. 4.One of the most important qualifications of a poet is curiosity about matters that seem to have little practical imprtance.His poem may well begin with a feeling on his part that there is something significant in a familiar experience that has been overlooked by common sense,and can express it in a way that will enable the reader to grasp it as well. 5.Even those who do not believe in animal passion agree that many creatures experience fear - which some scientists difine as a primary emotion that contrasts with secondary emotions such as love and grief.Unlike these more complexfeelings. Fear is instinctive ,they say,and requires no conscious thought. 6.As the city has becoome increasingly congrested and polluted, there has been a growing realization that action is needed. However,precisely what should be done is hotly debated. Some people have called for cleaner fuels and strict controls on exhaust wmissions.Others say more effort must be put into presuading people not to use their cars,perhaps by charging people to drive into London. 長文ばかりで面倒かと思いますが、宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語でどう表現しますか?

カンボジアで在住外国人向けに洋服の販売を考えています。広告の宣伝文で「郷に入ったら郷に従え」を変えて「カンボジアではカンボジア人が着るように着なさい」という文を英語で作りたいのです。 When in Rome, do as the Romans do. を変えて When in Cambodia, wear as the Cambodian do. でいいのでしょうか? まず、When in Cambodia, でいいのか When you are in Cambodia,のほうがいいのか。そしてthe Cambodianなのかthe Cambodiansなのか。。。響き的には上記の文を使いたいのですが。 フランス人に上記の文章を見せたら意味がよくわからないと言われてしまいました。宜しくお願いします!