彼の娘のコラが牧羊犬の母親に似ている理由とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 彼の娘のコラは、彼のユーモアセンスではなく、温和な本質を持っています。彼女は母親である牧羊犬に似ているのかもしれません。
  • コラはSamoyedという種類の大型犬です。彼女の性格がどのように形成されたのか興味深いです。
  • コラの母親は、ある夜にやってきた魅力的な白い求婚者に心を奪われ、誤って彼女の美徳を忘れたこともありました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

最後の部分がわかりません。

His daughter Kola who lives with me now has a much gentler nature and not the same wicked sense of humor, perhaps because she takes after her mother, a kind and hard working sheep dog, who in a rash moment forgot her virtue and fell for the charms of the handsome white suitor came to call in the night. 現在私と一緒に住んでいる、彼の娘のコラは、彼と同じくいたずら好きのユーモアセンスではなく、はるかに温和な本質の持ち主でした、おそらくそれは彼女が母親に似ているからでしょう、優しく仕事熱心な牧羊犬です、 ここまで訳したのですが、最後の「who in a rash moment forgot her virtue and fell for the charms of the handsome white suitor came to call in the night.」を自然な日本語訳ができません。 ちなみに、コラというのはサモエドという種類の大型犬です。 どなたかよろしくお願します。

• omov
  • お礼率94% (17/18)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

(でも)時の弾みでは優しい本来の性格を忘れ、夜になるとやって来るハンサムな白い求愛者の魅力の虜になってしまう  を質問者様の手で改良なさって「牧羊犬」の修飾節としてお入れになっては如何でしょう。  ご参考までに  http://eow.alc.co.jp/rash+moment/UTF-8/

omov
質問者

お礼

なるほど、そうすれば納得いきます! ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I came home last night after a girls’ night out and noticed that my husband’s phone was not plugged in. I picked it up, plugged it into the charger and took a peek to see what’s happening on Facebook. I open it up and there I see a picture of one of his friends in a bikini, zoomed into her body and chest. I woke him and asked him about it, and he, in a sleepy daze, admitted that he used it earlier in the night to masturbate to. masturbate toはtoがなければいけないのでしょうか?なぜ必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

The Australian 1st Division reached Albert on 18 July and despite the postponement of the offensive, Gough, who had a reputation as a "thruster", told the division's commander, Major General Harold Walker, "I want you to go in and attack Pozières tomorrow night". Walker, an experienced English officer who had led the division since Gallipoli, would have none of it and insisted he would attack only after adequate preparation. Consequently, the attack on Pozières once more fell in line with the Fourth Army's attack on the night of 22–23 July.

• 和訳お願いしますm(_ _)m

和訳お願いしますm(_ _)m The Star Festival is based on a Chinese romantic legend to the effect that every year on the eve of July 7, Vega, otherwise known as the Weaver Star Princess, is supposed to meet Altair, or Herdboy Star, on the bank of the River of Heaven, which is commonly known as the Milky Way. The legend behind this rendezvous is that the celestial princess, who was an accomplished weaver, fell in love with a handsome cowherd. To reward her for her industry, her father, the king, permitted the couple to marry. However, the couple fell so madly in love that the princess neglected her weaving, and the cowherd allowed all his cows to stray. The celestial king was so angered by this negligence that he finally separated the lovers, forcing them to remain on the opposite sides of the Milky Way. Since there was no bridge spanning the Milky Way, the princess, who missed her lover, wept bitterly. A magpie happened to come along, and feeling deeply sympathetic, the bird assured her that it would build a bridge for her once a year. This was done with many magpies spreading their wings and forming a bridge on which the princess crossed. The legend says further, if it rains on the eve of July 7, the magpies will not make the bridge, and the celestial lovers must wait another year for their meeting. 長文で申し訳ございませんm(_ _)m

• 和訳をお願いします。

IMF理事の事件に関する記事です。 引用されている検事の発言部分の意味がよく分かりません。 記事の前半部分と矛盾しているようにも思えるのですが、訳して頂けないでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 Assistant District Attorney Joan Iluzzi-Orbon, who is one of the lead prosecutors of the case, said it was unclear at the moment whether the maid could be a viable witness. "It would have to be that I believed every word that came out of her mouth, and that I believe in the criminal aspect of what occurred," Ms. Iluzzi-Orbon said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (6) Cleopatra went to the palace school with theother royal princes and princesses. She became fluent in nine languages and was the first member of her family who could speak Egyptian. Cleopatra had tremendous appeal. Even the Greek biographer Plutarch, who disapproved of her behavior, describes her in glowing terms: “The charm of her presence was irresistible, but there was an attraction in her person and conversation, together with a force of character, which showed in her every word and action. Everyone who met her fell under her spell.” (7) When Ptolemy died in 51 BCE, he left his kingdom to the 18-year-old Cleopatra. Even though she was old enough to rule, according to Egyptian law, she couldn't rule alone. Ptolemy's will set up joint rule by Cleopatra and her 12-year-old brother, Ptolemy X III. (8) According to Egyptian tradition, pharaohs married their siblings or children to keep sower within the royal family. Cleopatra had to marry a brother or a son, and this consort would be her official husband. It would be a marriage of politics, not love. Cleopatra had no sons when she came to the throne, so her first co-ruler was Ptolemy XIII. (9) Cleopatra and Ptolemy ruled together for several years, but Cleopatra wasn't very good at sharing. She left her brother's name out of official documents─on purpose─and had her own picture and name stamped on Egyptian coins. This didn't go over very well with Ptolemy. Nor did it please the court officials of Alexandria, the capital city. (10) Alexandria's officials decided that Ptolemy would be easier to control than Cleopatra. so they plotted to overthrow the strong-willed queen. Knowing that her life was in danger, Cleopatra escaped to Syria, where she raised an army to help her regain power.

• 英語の質問です!

[L. A. Hill, the author of the following passage], wrote a lot of short stories. ュ「He was very good at writing short stories which are seasoned with wit and humor, using expressions easy to understand. ュ」Readers will enjoy the wit and humor expressed between the lines in his stories. ュ、In the following passage [the author] tells about a funny puzzle which a wife has for her husband in order to make him understand that he does not listen to her. の英語の訳をお願いします!!

• academicの意味

I’m a graduate student in her late 20s who smokes a lot of pot. I live with my boyfriend who’s also an academic, and we have a great life together. ここでのacademicはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、in her late 20sのところはin my late 20sと言ってもいいのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• The Oval Portraitからの質問です。

And he was a passionate, and wild, and moody man, who became lost in reveries; so that he would not see that the light which fell so ghastly in that lone turret withered the health and the spirits of his bride, who pined visibly to all but him. Yet she smiled on and still on, uncomplainingly, because she saw that the painter (who had high renown) took a fervid and burning pleasure in his task, and wrought day and night to depict her who so loved him, yet who grew daily more dispirited and weak. And in sooth some who beheld the portrait spoke of its resemblance in low words, as of a mighty marvel, and a proof not less of the power of the painter than of his deep love for her whom he depicted so surpassingly well. Edgar Allan PoeのThe Oval Portraitからの英文なのですが、 最後のAnd in sooth some who beheld the portrait~の英文がわかりません。 -------------------------------------------------- in low wordsというのは「少ない言葉で」という意味ですか? -------------------------------------------------- as of a mighty marvelのasは、「~として」ですか? --------------------------------------------------- as of a mighty marvelとof his deep love for her の中にあるofの前にある単語を補うとしたら、それぞれspokeとthe powerになるのでしょうか? as of a mighty marvel→as 【spoke】 of a mighty marvel of his deep love for her→【the power】 of his deep love for her ----------------------------------------------------- 訳は、 実に、その肖像を見た何人かは、少ない言葉でその類似を語り、強大な驚異として話しました。そして、彼がそれほど並み外れて上手に描いた彼女に対する彼の心からの愛情の力に、勝るとも劣らない画家の力量の証明を語りました。 ( as of a mighty marvelのところがよくわかりません) ですか? つまり、画家の彼女に対する愛情と、画家の絵を描く力量は同等であった、ということですか? すみません、解説をお願いします。

• (231)For one fosters

QA231 For one fosters evil war and battle, being cruel: her no man loves; but perforce, through the will of the deathless gods, men pay harsh Strife her honour due. But the other is the elder daughter of dark Night, and the son of Cronos who sits above and dwells in the aether, set her in the roots of the earth: and she is far kinder to men. というのも、一方はone戦いや闘争を助長し、 残酷cruelであり、彼女を愛する人はいない。 しかし、不死の神々の意志により (due、herは倒置)      何んとなくperforce、人々はこの残酷な争いの神を讃える。 一方、もう一人の女神Nyxは暗い闇の神Nightの年上で    天上に坐し、お住まい給うクロノスの息子Zeusは 彼女を大地の始祖とし、set her in the root   彼女は(Erisより)人間にずっと優しい。 質問 (1) but perforceについて   試し訳は「しかし、何んとなく(讃える)」と理解しました。 これは正しいでしょうか。 辞書は「いやおうなしに」「当然のごとく」「必然的に」などがあります。    これは、どうも、ニュアンスが違うように感じます  (2)the other is the elder daughter of dark Nightについて     the other はNyxでよいと思います。     だから、NyxはNightのelder daughterとなる。       ところが、Nightが見当たりません。       次に、Caosの娘がNyx, Nyxの娘がEris(神統記)です。         Nyx とErisは親子となる。       そこで、Nightとはこの二人の女神のことで、         Nyxは「Erisより年上だ」という意味になるだろう。 すると、elder daughterは、単にelderの意味かも知れない。 *the other is the elder one of dark Night という文章かもしれない。この見方は、正しいでしょうか。

• 教えてください

下記質問で疑問に思ったことがあるので教えてください。 http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/kotaeru.php3?q=847837 質問の英文は下記になります。 「A picture by Francesco Maffe,representing a handsome young woman with a sword in her left hand, and in her right a plate on which rests the head of a beheaded man,has been acknowleged as a portrait of Salome with the head of St,John the Baptist.」 質問1 in her right a plate on which rests the head of a beheaded manの部分ですが、restsの主語は”a handsome young woman”でしょうか”Francesco Maffe”でしょうか? 質問2 上記の関係代名詞では主語が省略されていますが、文法的には誤りと考えてよいでしょうか? 質問3 上記関係代名詞が文法的に誤りと考えた場合でも、英文としては、restsの主語は文脈から十分に判り普通に使われる問題の無い文(表現の仕方)と考えてよいでしょうか? 以上よろしくお願い致します。