英語の教科書の和訳が分からない

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英語の教科書で出てきた和訳について分からないことがあります。
  • 具体的には、lesson7での教材の内容について理解できません。
  • 教科書の和訳について、詳しい説明や解説を教えてください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の教科書の和訳が分かりません

lesson7 Mr.Hatakeyama was an oyster farmer. He raised oysters near Kesen-numa. But his oysters were damaged by pollution. He wanted to solve the problem,so in 1984, he visited oyster farms in France. There he learned that the leaves from trees enriched the soil on land. It made the sea water nutritious. He said to himself, "If the mountains didn't have a lot of trees, the people couldn't raise healthy oysters." Mr. Hatakeyama spoke to the other oyster farmers. "without clean sea water, good oysters can't grow. Where does the water come from? From the mountains! So we should grow trees on the mountains for the future of our oyster farms." At first they didn't understand. But little by little they came to support his movement. they planted different kinds of trees under the slogan,"The forest is the partner of the sea."many people around Japan, including school children , have joined this movement. Lesson8 The music started. It was the folk song Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Katarina Witt began to skate to the music. At first the music sounded violent and she expressed then cruelty and the ugliness of war. Then the music changed into a gentle and moderate tone. She expressed the importance of peace. Lastly, the music became dynamic again. She showed a strong-willed girl, who never gives up her hope. She finished her performance with this image. Katrina's skating was not as perfect as before. But the audience gave her great applause from the heart. They knew why she had come back to the rink. She had won her first gold medal in Sarajevo. However, there was a civil war and many people were killed. Katarina decided to express her sorrow for Sarajevo and her prayer for peace. Katarina said , "I don't think I can change the world only through sports. But I believe I can give some beautiful present to people through my performance."

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

Lesson 7 畠山さんはカキの養殖業者でした。 彼は気仙沼の近くでカキを育てていました。 しかし彼のカキは汚染による被害を受けました。 彼はその問題を解決したいと思いました、それで1984年に、彼はフランスのカキの養殖場を訪れました。 そこで彼は木の葉が陸地の土壌を豊かにすることを学びました。 その土壌が海の水を栄養豊かにしていました。 彼は心の中でつぶやきました「もしも山にたくさん木がなければ、健康なカキを育てることは出来ないだろう」 畠山さんは他のカキ養殖業者に話しました「きれいな海水がないと、良いカキは育たない。その水はどこから来るんだ?山からだ! だから我々は自分たちのカキ養殖の未来のために山の木を育てるべきだ」 最初彼らは理解しませんでした。しかし少しずつ彼らは畠山さんの運動を支援するようになりました。「森は海のパートナーだ」の合言葉のもと彼らは違った種類の木を植えました。日本中の多くの人々が、学童を含めて、この運動に参加しました。 Lesson 8 音楽が始まりました。それは『花はすべてどこへ行った』と言うフォークソングでした。カタリーナヴィット選手がその音楽に合わせてスケートを始めました。始めその曲は荒々しく聞こえました、そして彼女は戦争の残忍さや醜さを表現しました。 それから曲は優しく、穏健な調子に変わりました。彼女は平和の大切さを表現しました。 最後にその曲は再びダイナミックになりました。彼女は強い意志をもった、決して希望を捨てない少女を表現しました。彼女はこの様なイメージで演技を終えました。 カタリーナのスケートは以前ほど完ぺきではありませんでした。 しかし観客は心から彼女に大きな喝さいを送りました。彼らにはなぜ彼女がリンクに戻ってきたのか分かっていたからです。 彼女は最初の金メダルをサラエヴォで取っていました。しかし、内戦がおこり多くの人々が殺されました。カタリーナはサラエヴォに対する悲しみと平和への祈りを表現する決心をしました。 カタリーナは言いました「私はスポーツを通してだけで世界を変えられるとは思はない。でもきっと私の演技を通して人々に何か素敵な贈り物ができるって思うの」

関連するQ&A

• 英語教科書の和訳です

英語教科書の和訳です。 一部分だけなので、文章の流れがよくわかりません。 A young man, a long scarf twisted around his neck, was standing outside the Curzon cinema, his muscular body supported on an umbrella that seemed on the point of snapping beneath his weight. It was not the young man seen in the train that evening but this one, too, had gazed at her on some occasion in the recent past, though she could not remember when or where. Now, too, he gazed at her as she passed: first at her legs, then at her face, then at her breast. Should she stop, making the photographs on display outside the cinema her excuse? For a moment she did so; and as she paused, the man himself straightened and began to wander over. But then, with a shake, she hurried on. Surprised, she realized that so far from this possible encounter filling her excitement, it had caused in her a jolting kind of strong disgust. 1. 最後の文ですが、 驚いたことに、この偶然の出会いが彼女の興奮を満たすよりむしろ、衝撃的な嫌悪感を彼女の中に引き起こした。 というような訳になるのでしょうか。 日本語らしくするのは、どのような訳がよいのでしょうか。 2. 構文は分詞構文でしょうか。 3. she realized that ~ ~を思い出した、でしょうか。 4. Should she stop, making the photographs on display outside the cinema her excuse? の訳は、写真を撮ることを言い訳にして、彼女は止めさせるべきでしょうか。 となるのでしょうか。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".

• 【中2】英語の和訳お願いします!

いっそ、全部お願いしたいんですけど、 とりあえず、10-1~10-3までお願いしますwww 教科書は、sunshineです! 英文↓ 10-1 Dear Kind Person, I'm a junior high school student in japan. My father died of cancer this year. He wanted to travel abroad, but he couldn't. He was a doctor and was always very busy. I would like to send this teddy bear, Mack, around the worid in his place. Would you please take him with you? Then, please pass him on to another person. Thank you, Megumi Kasuga 10-2 Megumi had some stuffed animals. She liked teddy bears better than any other stffed snimals. They were light and soft. She thought "Teddy bears are good for long trips." Megumi liked Mack the best of all. Her English teacher heard about her idea and brought Mack back home to Atlanta in the U.S. Then he passed Mack to a school teacher in stockholm,Sweden. Mack was very popular among the school children. 10-3 Mack became more popular. He went to Italy,tha U.K.,Germany and Spain. Mack traveled around the world. Megumi got a lot of letters from arr over tha world. Many of tha letters were encouraging to her. Some people even came to japan to meet Megumi. That was the most surpising part of her experience. Her father's dream came true, And Megumi's dream aloso came true. 以上です! 間違ってるところあったらすいません>< よろしくおねがいします!!

• 和訳を教えて下さい(;一_一)!!!

For her own part, She never let the intense criticism that she encountered silence her, “if I …worried about mudslinging, I would have been dead long ago”. Yet she insisted that she was not a feminist. She did not believe, she maintained, that “women should be judged, when it comes to appointing them or electing them, purely because they are women“She wanted to see the country”get away from considering a man or woman from the point of view of religion, color or sex.” But the story of her life--her insistence on her right to an identity of her own apart from her husband and her family, her constant struggle against depression and insecurity, her ability to turn her vulnerabilities into strengths--provides an enduring example of a feminist who transcended the dictates of her times to become one of the century`s most powerful and effective advocates for social justice. ルーズベルト夫人であるエレノア・ルーズベルトに関する説明文です。 この文章は外国のサイトに載っているものだったので、和訳がなく困っています。 自分なりに訳してもみましたが、文章がおかしくなってしまったので、どなたか分かる方は和訳を教えて下さい!よろしくお願いします(*_*)

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

The young woman's injuries were serious - third-degree burns over 35% of her body. It took 27 months for her to recover. Unfortunately, the burns on her legs damaged the muscles so severely that she could never perform again.  The physical recovery did not mark the end of the healing process. The psychological damage was much deeper and more painful than the terrible burns. Yet this young woman found the courage and strength to cope with the disappointments from the accident. In the hospital, she saw other people who had injuries worse than hers. She leaned that talking about one's problems relieves some of the pain. Most important of all, she leaned that she was not alone, That knowledge enabled her to go on with her life-a new kind of life but one that she has filled with new meaning and new joy.  The story of how this young ballerina coped with disappointments inspires me whenever I feel " down in the dumps." It is the story of my sister Teena.

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

''It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." The Victorian age was one of soaring ambition, technological wonder, and awesome grandeur, as well as ugliness, and misery on an unprecended scale. The Victorians knew life was changing faster than ever before, and they recorded that change in paintings that were the cinema of their day. These paintings aren't fashionable, and they don't generally change hands for millions of pounds in auction rooms, but to me they're a gold mine, they show us like nothing else what it was like to live in those incredible times, and they tell amazing stories. The most dramatic story of the age was the explosion of giant cities. To our Victorian forefathers they were a terrific shock. When Queen Victoria came to the throne, people were at best uneasy at, and at worst utterly terrified by these vast gatherings of humanity. Nothing like them had existed before. But by the time she died, the men and women of the age had pioneered an entirely new way of living: they had invented the modern city. At the dawn of the 19th century, Britain was on the move. Rumours had reached even the remotest villages and hamlets of incredible developments just over the horizon. Towns bigger than anyone could imagine, astouding new machines, and money to be made for those ready to take the risk. My own great-great-great-grandfather was in that tide of humanity that left the land in search of a better life. He, his wife and four of their children travelled to the industrial north by barge. They didn't really know what they'd find here, but they did know what they were leaving behind, and whatever they were to find here, it was better than begging for handouts or going hungry.

• 教えて下さい。

訳を教えて下さい。 At the end of the race, she looked over to the crowd. Then she jogged to her friend who was holding the flag high. He handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. She ran 50m holding that flag.This was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people. 訳:レースが終わって彼女は観衆の方を見渡した。その時、彼女は国旗を高く持つ友人のとこへゆっくり走った。彼は…。彼女は国旗を握って50m走った。これは彼女の誇りでもある宣言で…。 特にHe handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. とThis was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people.の訳し方が分からないので教えて下さい。お願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

When things go wrong, I urge you to stop thinking about yourself. If you look around, you will see that everybody has disappointments, often far worse than yours. Watch and study how other women and men cope with disappointments. Many face their problems with courage and determination. Their example can inspire you to find the strength to react.  I would like to share with you the moving story of a young woman who courageously overcome the stress caused by a terrible burn accident. This young woman was a talented and successful ballerina. Dancing gave meaning to her life. Whenever she danced, she communicated the joy in her heart and the inspiration in her soul to the people who watched.  One Christmas day when she was preparing a special dinner for family, her dress caught fire. Within second, she became a human torch. The flames burned so quickly and cruelly into her flesh that she was mad with pain. She would have died if her father had not heard scream. He laced kitchen, threw himself on top of her, and put out the fire with his own body.

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、(A)(B)がでてきますが、そこにはHowever,In fact,On the contrary,As a matter of courseのどれかがはいります。;とかでてくるので訳す順番など悩みます。極端に意訳ではなく、文法、熟語など大事なところを押さえつつ自然な文に訳してもらえると助かります。多くの回答、お待ちしています。  When couples get married they usually plan to have children.Sometimes,houever,a couple cannot have a child of their own.In the case,they may deside to adopt a child.(A),adoption is very common today.There are about sixty thousand adptions each year in the U.S.alone.Some people prefer to adopt infants;others adopt older children.Spme couples adopt children from their own countries;others adopt children from foreigh countries.Some people adopt children of their same rase,white,black,Asian;others adopt children of different races.In any case,they all adopt children for the same reason:they care about children,and want to give their adopted child a happy life.This includes a comfortable home,a loving family,and a good education.  Most adopted children know that they are adopted.However,many adopted children,or(B),have very little imformation about their biological mother and father.As a matter of fact,it is often very difficult for adoptees are usually not made public.The information is confidential,so no one can see it.This protects both adoptees and their natural parents.  Naturally,adopted children have different feelings about their birth parents.  Many adoptees want to search for them,but others do not.Jake,13,was adopted when he was only two and a half months old.He says,“I don´t think I´ll ever search for my birth mother.I might want to get some more facts,but I don´t feel I really want to go look.Maybe she would be awful and I´d just be disappointed.”Carla,who is 12,was adopted when she was four years old.Her adoptive parents also adopted another little girl.Carla says,“Sometimes my sister and I will talk.She says she doesn´t want to look for her birth mother,but I have mixed feelings.Sometimes I feel I want to look for her―but sometimes I don´t want to look for her at all because I´m scared of finding out what her reactions would be.I worry that she´ll have a whole new life and I would just be interfering with that new life.”Sue,who is 13,was adopted when she was a baby.She says,“I think adopted kids should be allowed to search whenever they´re ready.They need to know where they come from and what their medical history is.As soon as I searched and found the information I was looking for,I felt more worthwhile in the world.Beforehand,a part of me had always been missing.” 

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

Once, an elderly man consulted me because of his severe depression. He could not overcome the loss of his wife who had died two years before and whom he had loved above all else. Now how could I help him? Well, I refrained from telling him anything, but instead confronted him with a question, "What would have happened if you had died first, and your wife would have had to survive you?:" "Oh," he said, "for her this would have been terrible; how she would have suffered!" "You see," I replied, " such a suffering has been spared her, and you have spared her this suffering - to be sure, at the price that now you have to survive and mourn her." He said no word but shook my hand and calmly left my office. In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning, such as the meaning of a sacrifice.  Of course, this was no treatment in the proper sense since, first, his despair was no disease, and second, I could not change his attitude toward his unchangeable fate because from that time on he could at least see a meaning in his suffering. Our main concern is not to gain pleasure or to avoid pain but rather to see a meaning in our life. That is why we are even ready to suffer, on the condition, to be sure, that our suffering has a meaning.