The Impact of Celebrity-Worshiping Consumer Culture on the Paparazzi Problem

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The role of the paparazzi in society and the responsibility for the paparazzi problem are often debated. This article argues that the paparazzi themselves are responsible for the paparazzi problem, and that the general public also plays a role by consuming and supporting paparazzi-related content.
  • While celebrities may engage in scandalous behavior, it is argued that the public's fascination with and consumption of such behavior is what drives the demand for paparazzi photographs. In this sense, the celebrities are not necessarily at fault, but rather the consumer culture that encourages the consumption of paparazzi content.
  • The media, particularly big corporate media, also bears responsibility for the paparazzi problem. By purchasing and publishing paparazzi photographs, they contribute to the demand for such content and perpetuate the cycle of paparazzi intrusion into celebrities' lives.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の添削をお願いします。

英文の添削をお願いします。 レポートで、パパラッチに関する意見を述べる課題を出されました。 添削の際、行を提示の上ご指摘願いますと非常に助かります。 あと11行目の、celebrity-worshiping consumer culture の箇所は「セレブを崇拝する消費文化」という訳でよろしいでしょうか? 「セレブ「が」崇拝する消費文化」ではないですよね? もしそうなら文に矛盾点が生じてしまいます…。 この語句は資料から引用したものなので訳し方がいまいちよく分かりません。 そもそも単語と単語を「-(ハイフン)」で繋いで形容詞化する語句の構造がつかめていません。 そちらも加えてご説明頂けると幸いです。 (1)I think the paparazzi themselves are responsible for paparazzi problem. The reason is even if the celebrities engage in scandalous behavior, maybe we the general public do such a behavior everywhere, everyday. The celebrities do nothing whatever wrong. (5)The celebrities' behavor seems to be wrong because of paparazzi. However, big corporate media that buy the pictures are also responsible for this problem. I think If they don't buy the puctures, a job paparazzi wil decrease because they can't make a living. The individuals who buy and read the magazines are also a little responsible for the problem. Buying or reading magazines result in feeding paparazzi indirectly. (10)We the general public are always looking forward to seeing paparazzi, including me. In short, our celebrity-worshiping consumer culture leads to the problems. I think all problems about paparazzi are caused by this culture. So maybe as long as this culture exsists, the paparazzi will exist.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

>>11行目の、celebrity-worshiping consumer culture の箇所は「セレブを崇拝する消費文化」という訳でよろしいでしょうか?  いいと思います。 ハイフンの使い方は、この場合下記の第三の場合だと思われます。  http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/hyphens.asp

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

1)The typhoon blew the roof off the house. =The house had the roof (b ) off ( ) the typhoon. 2)You must show us all the tickets. =All the tickets ( ) ( ) ( ) to us. 3)He has recently been laid off by the company. =The company ( ) recently ( ) ( ) off. 4)People think that Ichiro is a great baseball player. =(It) (is) (said) that Ichiro is a great baseball player. =Ichiro (is) (thought) (to) be a great baseball player. 5)Everybody in this community knows her name. =Her name (is) (known) (in) everybody in this community. ()内の添削をお願いします。 英訳や解説を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください。

Consider Michael Huemer’s “problem of political authority.” Do you agree that this is a problem? 私はこの問題に賛成だ。Huemerが書いているように、個人の行動を評価するときと政府の行動を評価するときでは一致しないのはおかしい。市民が政府に特別の立場を認めることは間違っていると思う。 I agree that this is a problem. Becaue according Huemer, it is strange that it does not acord when evaluating personal behavior and when evaluating government actions. I think it is wrong that citizens admit special position to the government. という内容の回答をしようと思っているのですが、 こちらの英文の添削をして欲しいです。 よろしくおねがいします。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

・The principles concerning right and wrong behavior. ・The state of not relying on others or not being ruled by another country. ・The things you are told to do.

• 英文で訳せないところがあります。

日本語に訳してください。 ・Such crimes are commited without the obvious use of force, and it is difficult to show that the offender is responsible for the damage caused by the crime. ・The harm caused by these activities is just as real as the harm caused by other types of crimes.

• 英検2級ライティングの添削お願いします。

英検2級ライティングの添削をお願いします。 もっとこうした方が良いなどのアドバイスも頂けると嬉しいです!! Q, The Olympic Games are held in different cities around the world. Do you think that large international sports events are good for cities? A, I think that large international sports events are good for cities. These are two reasons for it. The first is, many people will come a country that is held the olympic games. So I think that the country will be known by a lot of people. The second is, the country can increase an income of the country. This is because that many tourists will visit a some days. For these reasons, I think that large international sports events are good for cities. よろしくお願い致します。

• 英文添削してください。

1 大阪の食べ物はおいしいです。 Foods in Osaka is very taste good. There are a lot of good meals in Osaka. 2 ぜひお好み焼き、たこ焼きをたべてみてください。 I recommend that you eat Okonomiyaki, Takoyaki. 3 今日は行かないかもしれないし、日本独特の文化というわけではありませんが、有名なレジャーランドがあります。 I think you don’t go there and the spot is not a original Japanese culture, there is a famous leisure land in Japan. 4 大阪は買い物をするにはいい場所でもあります。 Osaka is the good to buy something with. 5 特に、ここ梅田は最適な場所です。 Especially, here Umeda is the best spot.

• 英文の拙訳の添削をお願いします。

While it may well be the case that these investors in S&P 500 index funds would be happy to have the benefit of this discretionary portfolio management at a relatively low price, this does not change the fact that investors are getting something different from what is being described to them. The argument that there is no problem here because investors are obtaining very cheap management is analogous to telling a customer who was handed a television that it’s not a problem that she was not given the toaster she was promised because the deal represents a bargain on televisions. 以上の英文の下記の拙訳の特に,The argument that there is no problem here because investors are obtaining very cheap management is analogous to telling a customer who was handed a television that it’s not a problem that she was not given the toaster she was promised because the deal represents a bargain on televisions.の直喩に特に焦点を当てて,添削願います。 「S&P 500インデックスに資金を投じるこうした投資家が比較的低価格で自由裁量的ポートフォリオ運用の便益を喜んで受けるケースもよく分かるが,他方,彼ら投資家が彼らに目論見書で書いたのとは何処か違う状況に置かれることになるという事実をこれは変えるものではない。投資家は非常に安価な運用に与ることになるから何の問題もないという議論は,取引は,(元々)テレビを受取るのをあてにしたものでないことを表すから,彼女が約束されたトースターを与えられないということは(何ら)問題ではないということを,テレビを与った顧客に告げるのに類似している。」 以上宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

英文の和訳をお願いします。 One of the most interesting and yet underexamined processes in bulimia is the acquisition of bulimic behavior, particularly binge eating. The few studies that have looked at this problem have focused almost exclusively on particular social groups, for example, dance camps and athletic teams. This focus is not an accident. I wish to argue that social groups are at the very heart of the issue of symptom acquisition. Symptoms are spread from one member to another in these groups, and group membership is at the heart of the transmission. Groups that are most likely to transmit the symptoms of bulimia, most notably binge eating, are groups that are made up almost entirely of women of the same age. This includes dance camps and athletic teams as well as sororities, all-women dormitories, or workplaces comprising mostly women. Social groups are important to us. They serve to tell us who we are, what to think, and how to behave. The more we value the social group, the more we are willing to be influenced by it. The power of a group may be measured by the attractiveness of the group for its members, lf a person wants to stay in a group, he will be susceptible to influences coming from the group, and he will be willing to conform to the rules which the group sets up."

• 英文ニュースの和訳

4月15日付けのTIME誌オンラインの記事 “India's Celebrity Wedding Nearly Derailed by Scandal”を読んでいたのですが(ヒンズー教徒:インド人とイスラム教徒:パキスタン人のスポーツセレブによる結婚についての記事)、以下の一文の意味がわかりませんでした。 Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani managed only a handshake with his Indian counterpart in Washington this week, but his wedding gift to the happy couple is reportedly on the way, as are those of several other prominent politicians. as are those of ~のあたりがいまいち意味が解らないのですが、お分かりになるかた教えて頂けたら嬉しいです。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 構造分析お願いします

The belief that we are not responsible for our emotions or our behavior when we are under their control permits us to behave awfully and to say we are not to blame,at least not completely. This belief is so pervasive that it is even recognized as valid by law courts:people found guilty of "crimes of passion "are punished less severely. これの訳と構造分析お願いします