共和制と民主制の違いとは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 共和制と民主制は政治の形態を表す言葉であり、その違いは大きく3つあります。
  • まず第一に、共和制は国家元首が選挙によって選ばれ、一定期間その地位に就く制度です。
  • 一方、民主制は国民が参加し政治に関与する制度であり、選挙だけでなく国民の意見や意思決定も重要視されます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

共和制と民主制の違いを教えて頂けませんか。

共和制と民主制の違いを教えて頂けませんか。 アメリカの新聞の読者投稿欄に次のようなものがありました。 America is NOT a democracy - never was, was never intended to be. America was founded as a REPUBLIC. Remember the Pledge? ...and to the Republic for which it stands. None of The Founding Fathers wanted a democracy and often spoke out against allowing the Republic to degenerate into a 'democracy" 以前、この違いを解説した西部邁先生の著作を読んだような記憶もありますが、 理解できなかったのか、内容をほとんど思い出せません。 ただ、たしか「自由」の概念についての争いだったような気がします。 どなたか、明快に説明して頂けませんか。

noname#155817
noname#155817

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#160321
noname#160321
回答No.1

この著者のdemocracyは民主制ではなくポピュリズム(大衆迎合主義)を意味しているようです。

noname#155817
質問者

お礼

お答えいただきありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• in turnの意味合い

この文でのin turnの意味合いはどういったものでしょうか。 The Roman empire, of course, served as a model for virtually all of its Western successors. It was no accident that the new American republic promptly acquired a senate, a capitol, and an eagle for its emblem. These were all conscious borrowings from Ancient Rome, another great republic that became an empire, and reflected the Founding Fathers' interest in the United States in turn becoming what Alexander Hamilton called 'an empire in many respects the most interesting in the world'.

• reminding the prince

"Affecting a tone of fatherly advice, Claudius declares that all fathers die, and all sons must lose their fathers. When a son loses a father, he is duty-bound to mourn, but to mourn for too long is unmanly and inappropriate. Claudius urges Hamlet to think of him as a father, reminding the prince that he stands in line to succeed to the throne upon Claudius’s death." -reminding the prince that he stands in line to succeed to the throne upon Claudius's death.の意味を教えてください!

• I never wasとI was never

I never wasとI was neverの違いを教えてください。 海外のサイトで同様の質問を見つけましたが、いまいち理解できませんでした。 I never was a good cook. Possible context: Lisa's mother-in-law has pressured her to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for the extended family. Lisa has reluctantly agreed. She made an honest try but made a key mistake and the turkey was a failure. "Well, you know, I never was a good cook." I was never a good cook. Possible context: Margaret, in her eighties and living in a nursing home, is being interviewed by a gerontology student. She confides to the student, "I was never a good cook."

• 和訳

自信がないのでどなたか教えて下さい Cooke put his summery of Franklin in this way,¨what makes him, after two centuries, not merely impressive but lovable is his absolute lack of arrogance and the steady goodness of his belief that in helping to create the American Republic he was founding a truer order of society. ¨ 長文ですがお願いします 「彼をつくったものは」の説明なんでしょうか?

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Crimean Regional Government was a client state of Germany created in 1918 Don (Don Republic) The Don Republic was closely associated with the German Empire and fought against the Bolsheviks. Finland (Kingdom of Finland) The Kingdom of Finland was a client state of Germany created in 1918 Georgia (Democratic Republic of Georgia) In 1918, the Democratic Republic of Georgia, facing Bolshevik revolution and opposition from the Georgian Mensheviks and nationalists, was occupied by the German Empire, which expelled the Bolsheviks and supported the Mensheviks. Kuban (Kuban People's Republic) The Kuban People's Republic was a client state of Germany created in 1918 Lithuania (Kingdom of Lithuania)

• Thomas Jeffersonの言葉“If a nation expects~”の意味は?

Thomas Jeffersonの言葉 If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. とはどういう意味なのでしょうか。ご存じの方いらっしゃいましたら教えてください。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The Kingdom of Lithuania was a client state of Germany created in 1918. Moldavia (Moldavian Democratic Republic) The Moldavian Democratic Republic was a client state of Germany created in 1917. Northern Caucasus (Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus) The Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus was associated with the Central Powers. Poland (Kingdom of Poland) The Kingdom of Poland was a client state of Germany created in 1916. This government was recognized by the emperors of Germany and Austria-Hungary in November 1916, and it adopted a constitution in 1917.

• 和訳

It dares us to let go of a nostalgic desire for an environmentally pure past that probably never was and to take up a real and present challenge. の和訳お願いします

• どのような違いがあるでしょうか

I'm a college sophomore. Recently, I baby-sat for a friend of a friend who is a few years older and lives in town with her husband and two kids. One was an infant, and the other was a toddler. It was a relatively easy baby-sitting gig; the little one mostly just slept, and the older one, though a bit of a handful at times, was not too much trouble. I watched them for about three hours while the parents went on a date. At the end of the night, the mom and I chatted for a few minutes. Then she said, "Well, it would be tacky to pay you, so I'll just take you to lunch sometime." I felt awkward and said, "Oh, OK. Sure." I wasn't sure what else to say. I got my things and left. It's not as if she and I were friends; this was my first time meeting her. my first time meeting herはmy first time to meet herとは言えないでしょうか?両者はどのような違いがあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳してください

【Peaple came to question whether liberal democracy was in fact a general goal of all mankind,and whether their earlier confidence that it was did not reflect a narrow ethnocentrism on their part.】 読みにくく、しかも長めの文章ですが、和訳して下さい。