• 締切済み

問題 Eric __ the room quickly and too

問題 Eric __ the room quickly and took a seat in the corner. . 以下より空欄に入るものを選び、その理由を説明せよ。 アentered イentered to ウwas entered エwas entered to エentered 正解は『アentered』となり、 “エリックはすばやく部屋に入って角で座りました。” という訳になるのですが、 何故、そうなるのか? という理由が上手く説明出来ません。 なるべくスマートな説明文を教えて下さい! よろしくお願いします。

みんなの回答

回答No.2

通常,目的語は「...を」と訳す。 「...に」の場合には to/in など, 「...と」の場合には with などの前置詞が必要。 これが英語の原則です。 しかし,なかなか日本語通りには行かず, come/go into the room = enter the room get to the place = arrive in/at the place = reach the place talk about the matter = discuss the matter go with someone = accompany someone 同じ,「部屋に入る」でも動詞によっては前置詞が必要なくなります。 英語では前置詞を用いるパターン,ないパターンの別があっても 日本語では特に区別できません。 日本語の助詞「は・が・を・へ・で・に」のない英語は日本人にとっては厄介と言わざるを得ません。 rob 人 of 物で「人から物を奪う」など, rob の後にはその人から奪うという相手方が目的語にくる。 日本語を乗り越えて,英語として理解するか,あくまでも割り切って覚えまくるか。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

enter と room の組み合わせになるのですから、意味は 「部屋に入る」 です。 意味の上から答えは自ずと明白です。 enter が 「他動詞」 として 「目的語」 を取る場合、間に前置詞は入りません。 その他、受身形にするなど、理屈以前に変です。主語が人間ですから。それに、受身が成り立つ文であると仮定したとしても、 目的語 (この場合は the room)は来ません。 この文が理解できない生徒さんは、理屈以前に、もっと基本的な英文になじむ努力が必要だろうと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 問題 English and French __ in Canada

問題 English and French __ in Canada. 以下より空欄に入るものを選び、その理由を説明せよ。 アspeak イspoken ウare spoken エare spoken by 正解は『ウare spoken』となり、 “英語とフランス語はカナダで話されています。” という訳になるのですが、 何故、そうなるのか? という理由が上手く説明出来ません。 なるべくスマートな説明文を教えて下さい! よろしくお願いします。

• 正誤問題

お願いします。 文中のア~エのうち、誤った英語を含んだ部分を選ぶ問題です。 (誤りがない場合もある) 1)He ア(took a taxi) to イ(the Tokyo Station) and was ウ(just in time) to エ(see his uncle off). 2)The girl ア(has gone) to Mexico City イ(by herself) ウ(a couple of) days ago to エ(join her family). 3)ア(A Mr. Johnson) called イ(during your absence). He ウ(wants) to discuss the schedule エ(for next month). 4)"You look ア(tired). Will you have イ(any coffee)?" "No ウ(thanks). That'll エ(keep me awake) all night." 1)イ(the Tokyo Station) → Tokyo Station 2)3)誤りは見つけられませんでした。 4)イ(any coffee) → some coffee よろしくお願いします。

• 正誤問題

お願いします。 文中のア~エのうち、誤った英語を含んだ部分を選ぶ問題です。 (誤りがない場合もある) 1."ア(How) do you think イ(of) the election ウ(for mayor)?" "I don't know. I'm not エ(very) interested." 2.The math class I ア(was taking) イ(turned out) ウ(to be) one of エ(the most fascinating courses). 3.The children ア(took turns) イ(carrying) ウ(the baggages) エ(all the way) for the old man. 4.Though ア(Shinano River) is hte longest river in Japan, it is イ(far) from ウ(being) エ(the longest) in the world. 1.ア(How) →  What 2.誤りはみつけられませんでした。 3.ウ(the baggages) → the baggage 4.ア(Shinano River) → the Shinano River よろしくお願いします。

• too・・to構文で質問です

too・・to構文に関する問題で質問いたします。   (  )内に適切な文を入れて対話を完成させるものですが、 "Why has this wheelchair been left outside?" "Because it is (      ) carry upstairs."  (ア) too small to  (イ) so heavy to (ウ) too heavy for me (エ) too heavy to ア、イでないことはすぐ分かります。 問題は、ウとエ どちらでもよいような気がするのに、 解答は エ でした。 なぜ、ウ ではいけないのか、解説が無いので釈然としません。 どなたか、クリアにご説明いただけるとうれしいです。

• 英語 選択問題 解答を教えてください2

(1)My friend is going to set ( ) for Australia tomorrow morning.
 アon イat ウoff エin

(2)My sister familiar ( ) the latest political news.
 アabout イin ウto エwith (3)We must take into ( ) the fact.
 アaccount イcount ウmind エthought

(4)I was scolded because I ( ) asleep during the class. 
アbegan イfell ウjamped エled (5)She was satisfied ( ) what her son could do.
 アfor イto ウin エwith 上記問題の解答と日本語訳を教えて頂けますか? 
よろしくお願いします。

• 構文問題

無生物主語・SVC・SVOC構文についての問題です。問題を解いていて自信の無かったものを挙げます。解説お願いします。 1His call ( ) me the trouble of e-mailing him. アmade イhelped ウsaved エgot 2His serious illness ( ) him in the hospital for 2 months. アstayed イlet ウmade エkept 3The big earthquake ( ) serious damage to the central part of Niigata. アcaused イgot ウmade エcame 4This book is ( ) to us. アof no use イof no useless ウof not useless エof not useful 5He wanted to find out ( ) happy. アwhat to go for her イwhat was made for her ウwhat would go for her エwhat would make her 6It is necessary to make the fact ( ) to everyone. アknow イknown ウknowing エto know 7The doctor told me ( ) so much. アto stop from drinking イto stop to drink ウto stop drinking エstopping to drink

• 英語 選択問題 解答を教えてください。

(1)We thought it odd ( ) the man who came here last month was chosen the new manager. アthan イthat ウwhat エwhether (2)I found ( ) difficult to believe his story. アthat イit ウthis エwhich (3)Tom, ( ) was useal with him, was late for school. アit イas ウwhat エwho オwhich (4)We went to the place ( ) in her talk. アwhere she spoke of イwhich she spoke of ウthat she spoke エof that she spoke (5)I found ( ) impossible to finish this work for two days. アtoo イso ウit エthat 上記問題の解答と日本語訳を教えて頂けますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 分詞の問題について

問題集に以下の問題がありました。 The news was ( ) to me. この空欄に ア、to surprise イ、surprising ウ、surprised のどれかを選びなさいという問題で、回答はイ、となっています。 イ、が正しいのはわかるのですが、ア、でもいいのではと思いました。 de to do で可能を表す表現と習ったので、ア、を入れると そのニュースは私を驚かした(驚かすことができた)。とならないのでしょうか?? わかる方、回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の記号問題ですが…

文法項目別ではなく、問題形式別だったので、難しく感じました。 解いてはみたものの、自信がないです。時制や前置詞など曖昧なものもありました。 一言で結構ですので、解答とあわせて、訳や解説を何かつけていただけないでしょうか。 お願いします。 1 By the time the fire engine arrived,the house().   アalready burned down イhas already burned down ウhad already burned down エ     would already burned down 2 You ()such a book,however interesting it may be.   アhad better not to read イhad better not read ウhad better not reading エdidn´t    have better read 3 After going over the plan,we decided()finance.   アdiscussing イdiscussing about ウto discuss エto discuss about 4 I took off my shoes()make any noise.   アbecause I イin case I ウso that エso as not to 5 Upon returning from class,().   アthe mailbox had a letter in it イa letter was found in the mail box   ウI found a letter in the mailbox エa letter would be in the mailbox 6 If you keep the warranty of this DVD player, you can have it()for free.   アfixing イfixed ウto fix エto be fixed 7 Just()he is taller than you does not mean he is better at basketball.   アbecause イso ウas エlike 8 ()of my friends have been to Japan this year.   アNumerous イSeveral ウEach エEither 9 I will have finished the work()this time tomorrow.   アtill イsince ウby エuntill 10 We were waiting for him()a cup of coffee.    アto イon ウat エover 11 There were three other people at the meeting()Mr.Smith.    アbut イbesides ウalso エas well 12 Mary is expecting her uncle to arrive()September 15th.    アof イon ウat エin 13 ()my horror,a stranger peeped into the room through the window.    アFor イWith ウBecause of エTo 14 My father often enjoys()his colleagues after work.    アtalks イto talk ウtalking エtalking with 以上です。 

• 英語の問題です

解答解説、お願いします。 1 I´ll have read through this book by the time I () you again.   アsee イwill see ウsaw エwould see 2 Mike was seen () a book in the library yesterday.   アread イreading ウhave read エat reading 3 He wants something () ; any pen or pencil will do.   アto write イto write with ウfor writing エto write on 4 He was ashamed of () make his point.   アbeing not able to イnot being able to ウbeing impossible to エbeing incapable to 5 Another mistake, () he will be fired.   アand イelse ウfor エotherwise 6 This is the hottest summer () 30 years.   アin イsince ウduring エamong 7 () in 1912 that the Titanic sank during her first voyage.   アIt being イIt was ウWhen it is エWhen it was 8 () present at the conference included the president and his wife.   アThis イThat ウThese エThose 9 The workers and paid () the hour at the store.   アfor イwith ウby エat 10 Mother has not been feeling well ().    アlate イlately ウlater エlatter 11 You shouldn´t speak () your mouth full at table.    アas イin ウwith エon 1 This medicine will make you feel much better.   This medicine will () you a great deal of good. 2 The sharp curved road caused many accidents.   Many accidents resulted () the sharp curved road. 3 She couldn´t help crying when she heard the news.   She had no choice () to cry when she heard the news. 4 Work hard, or you will fail.   () you work hard, you will fail.