• ベストアンサー

翻訳で困っています。

海外のサイトを日本語に翻訳して紹介しようとしています。そこでわからないところが出てきました。 このサイトは蚊を捕まえる機械のことについて話し合われているところです。(Request for Mosquito Magnet Results というトピックで話し合われています。)その機械は特殊な薬品で蚊をおびき寄せるのですが、いままでのものはあまり効果がなく、新しい薬品を開発中です。でも、その薬品のテストプログラムが中断していて・・・。この先に以下の文章が続きます。 The jury is still out on this thing as far as I'm concerned, but it realy doesn't look like it's going to provide any relief. この文章よくわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • boss715
  • ベストアンサー率50% (301/600)
回答No.1

翻訳をしています。以下訳します。 >The jury is still out on this thing as far as I'm concerned, but it realy doesn't look like it's going to provide any relief. The jury is still out=決定されていない on this thing=この件について far as I'm concerned=私の知る限り it realy doesn't look like=そのようには見えない it's going to provide any relief=それが対策(救済)としてなりうる。 訳すと:itを開発中の薬品として訳します。 私の知る限りいかなる判断も下されていないが、(蚊を寄せ付ける薬の?)この薬品が(目的に合った)対応薬として使用できるとは思えない(対応薬としてなりうるとは思えない)。

shin-883rider
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

shin-883riderさん、こんにちは。 >The jury is still out on this thing as far as I'm concerned, but it realy doesn't look like it's going to provide any relief. jury 陪審員、審査委員会 out  不在で、失業して、はずれて、ストライキ中で as far as I'm concerned 私のしっている限り provede 与える、供給する relief 除去、軽減、安心、救助、交代、救済 なので、 私が知っている限り、審査委員会は、ストライキ中だ。 (→私が知りうる限り、そのことについての審査は、ストップしたままだ) (テストプログラムが中断していることで、審査できない、と言っているのでしょう) しかし、そのことは、どんな安心も供給するようには見えない。 (薬品のテストプログラムが中断していることによって、薬品の検査ができない状態でいるが、 そのことは、なんの安心ももたらすことはできないだろう) 診断プログラムが中断していることで、その薬品のチェックができないので 困っている様子を表しているんだと思います。 のような意味ではないでしょうか。

shin-883rider
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

• snowbees
  • ベストアンサー率22% (173/760)
回答No.3

"jury"で検索すると下記ウエブ:"the jury is still out"=「結論はまだだ」という米俗のフレーズがあります。

参考URL:
http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/search.php?MT=jury&kind=ej
shin-883rider
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

• kenk789
  • ベストアンサー率15% (104/691)
回答No.2

もうすでにしているかもしれないけど、↓の翻訳エキサイトで訳したものです。まだ完璧な翻訳ソフトはないけど、参考にはなると思うし、他のことにも利用できます。 「私が心配している限り、問題はこのものについてまだ解決が出ていないが、realyにそれがどんな軽減も提供するだろうと思われません。」

参考URL:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/text/
shin-883rider
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• どういう意味なのでしょう?

アメリカ製の蚊捕り機に関するサイトを翻訳中です。 Request for Mosquito Magnet Results というトピックで情報交換されています。 この投稿者はLibertyという型の蚊捕り機を使っていたのですが、使い勝手が悪い上、故障してしまったので、その上級機であるPro型にアップグレードしようとしているところです。 この状況が述べられた後、以下の文が出てくるのですが、意味がよくわかりません。 With the frustration I had with the Liberty, the fact that I'm spending more money to upgrade to the Pro is a testament to the job the MM does when it's working. MMというのはモスキートマグネットという(Liberty、Proを含めた)蚊捕り機の総称、もしくはメーカー名です。 よろしくお願いします。

• どう訳せばいいですか?

Magnet という名の蚊を捕る機械を使用したことのレポートがあるサイトに載っており、これを訳しています。 After a week of running continuously, the Magnet's harvest was: about a dozen mosquitoes, many more gnats or no-see-ums and a few curious ants. どう訳せばいいでしょうか。 特に、no-see-ums が分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳希望

占いの文章ですが、機械翻訳だと意味不明で意味がわからないです。どなたか、翻訳していただけるかた、長文ですがお願いできませんか?どうかよろしくお願いします。 Dear Tomoko, Thankyou for your e-mail. One of the questions I am most often asked is "Is this the man in my chart ?". But is also the most difficult to answer. If you imagine the planets and stars, as being like magnets, who’s power will draw people and events into your life, when the time is right, Then imagine the stars round your marriage house as a magnet that will eventually draw your future husband into your life. This magnet has been exerting its pull since birth, drawing your two destinies together, but of course in childhood its force is weak, because you are so far distant in time from the event. The closer you get in time, to the time of marriage or meeting, the stronger the pull. Just as a magnet will pick up the pins as well as the needle that you want, so sometimes the planets will draw someone else into your life, who may not be your Soul mate, who has something in common with him. He may be a 'look alike., or he may just have the same name or initial. So it best to keep an open mind about the man you have met, until you are certain that the chart describes him and not someone else. But if the man resembles the one in your chart regard it as a good sign, because if it is him, your fates and his can begin to come together more quickly now you have met.. If its not him, just someone with a strong resemblance, then it a sign that fate is working correctly in your life and the real one will come soon.

• 英語の翻訳お願いしますm()m

手作り品を海外のサイトで、数年前から販売しているのですが、 今回、お客様からクレーム?風な長い文章を頂き、翻訳出来ずに困っています。 以下の文章です。 どなたか、翻訳して頂けますと助かります。よろしくお願いしますm()m Hi there, I received the ring but surprisingly it doesn't really seem the same as the photo. It's pretty rough/matte vs the shiny I see in the image. I like the thin, but with the matte it isnt quite how I imagined with my wedding ring! Any chance you could show me some other options - what is the return policy? Love to find something that works.. thank you!

• 英語を翻訳できる方

すみません。他力本願で大変申し訳ないのですが、友人から来たメールの意味がどうしてもわかりません。 会話等はジェスチャーや、私向けにアメリカの友人が簡単な単語で話してくれたりして(わからないときは他の言い回しをしてくれる)あまり支障がないのですが、DMのようにネイティブの友人共通のメールを出されると、英語力が足らない私にはわからなくなってしまいます。 とりあえずサイトでいくつか翻訳機能を使ってみたのですが、よくわからなかったのが本音です。 大変申し訳ないのですが、わかる方がいらっしゃったらお力を貸していただけると幸いです。 > Hi all In past years, I done lots of different things about the present thing for the holiday season. This year I want you to know that I've decided to make donations to various relief societies given that the world is very much in need of support. I have chosen carefully so as to keep the admin costs to a minimum, having "been there done that" over the years. This year I feel strongly that for myself, I want to do something which I find is as much in support of the planet as is feasible as all is very worrisome these days in so many respects. この文章です。お願いいたします。

• この文章が解釈できません

こんにちは 以下の文章が解釈できず、悩んでいます。イギリスの新聞社のサイトの記事です。文章全体では、学生の大学に対する満足度が低下しているが、全体ではまだ一定水準を保っているという内容です。 前の文章 Wes Streeting, president of the National Union of Students, said: "We are pleased that most students remain happy with the quality of university courses. ★★ここから以下が不明★★ However, we are concerned that the survey reveals a dip in overall levels of satisfaction as the first group of students to pay top up fees prepared to graduate. しかし、この調査から、総合的な学生の満足度が低下していることに我々は懸念を抱いている。 とHoweverからsatisfactionまでは解釈したのですが、この as をどう解釈したらいいのか分かりません。文法でつまずいているのですが・・ 宜しくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします。アメリカ人の先生の講義。

翻訳をお願いします。大学の講義で文章です。アメリカ人の先生だったため、内容を説明されたのですが、よくわかりませんでした。何かの本の内容らしいです。翻訳サイトは使用しないで頂けたら幸いです。 In other words, Smith viewed the benefit principle and the ability-to-pay principle as implying similar things about the tax structure. Smith states that one's benefits from government are in proportion to the income is also a good measure of a person’s ability to pay. Smith suggests that there is really no great conflict between the benefit principle and the ability-to –pay principle. Should Smith’s statement on the subject be viewed as a brilliant insight or as an observation that serves to obscure important differences between the two principles? Although the ability-to-pay principle may sometimes work in tandem with the benefit principle, at other times there appears to be conflict. Smith’s observation from the standpoint of tax policy is that it is possible to look for ways to implement taxes so that they correspond with both principles, although one must recognize that at times there may be conflict. In Smith’s day, government activities were not geared toward providing transfers of income and benefits in kind to specific individuals, so there may be more conflict today than there was two centuries ago when Smith considered there tax principles. Ultimately, both principles are normative, so there may not be general agreement on whether they are satisfied for a specific tax. Still, the principles provide a good starting point for analyzing whether taxes are fair.

• 添削願い 2

前に添削してもらった者ですが、ちょっと違った感じで文章を作ってみたんですがまた添削をお願いします。 A: Hi, there. Thank you for your gift. やあ。お中元ありごとう。 B: My pleasure. Hope you like it.  うれしいよ。よかったですか? A:Of course! I like that smell, I have already  もちろん。好きな匂いです、もう食べましたよ。 eaten it. B:What? Eat?  えっ、食べた? A:Yes.it smells nice and it was delicious.  はい。 とても良い匂いで おいしかったです。 B:realy? Are you OK?  ホント? 大丈夫? A:I am fine. I also will serve you with the same it next.  はい大丈夫です。 私も今度同じものご馳走しますよ。 B: I don not want it.  結構です。 A: why? it is very nice taste.  どうして。おいしいよ。 B:then,I will send solid it next.  それならば、今度は固形のやつを贈るよ。 A: solid?  固形? B:I think that you can eat easily.  食べやすくなると思うよ。 A: thanks. I am looking forward to next time.  ありがとう。次を楽しみにしてるよ。 This bodysoap has smell as good as yummy , but it doesn't mean you can eat.  このボディーソープは食べ物と同じくらいいい匂いがしますが、それは食べられることを意図していません。   もちょっと砕けた文にできたら教えてください。お願いします。

• なんて書いてあるのですか?

IQテストなるものをやってみました。 最後の方は面倒くさくなって来ましたが我慢してやり終えたところ、結果が全部英語で書いてあって、全く分かりません! 英語翻訳サイトも使ってみましたが意味不明でした。 ただの暇つぶしですが、苦労したのにもしかして「結果はメールで」とか書いてあるのならとても悔しいです。 どなたか、日本語翻訳して教えてください! 以下、サイトの文章引用 The test is finished Your IQ is calculated as being:Above end 140 Calculated using the standard deviation 16 This is still a Beta version of IQtest.dk The calculation of IQ is not yet calibrated.Therefore the results should be taken with certain reservations! If you have any comments,please send a mail to ○○@○○ ※○○@○○の部分はメールアドレスが書いてありましたが、一応伏せておきました。

• 英語がわかる方(※又はeBayに詳しい方)に質問

eBayというオークションサイトに商品を出品しているんですが、忠告文(?)が表示され、解決したいのですが英文がよくわからなくて困っています。 「Update your listings below with the item specifics we’ve marked as required or recommended. If you don’t fill them in, your listings might not appear when buyers filter their search results by item specifics.」 この英文は「買い手が商品検索をしたときにあなたの商品がヒットしないかもしれないからリストを更新してください」という訳で合ってますでしょうか。 表示されているものを見る限り、「Material」と「Type」を選択もしくは入力して、(画像には写っていませんが)「Submit all」をクリックすればこの問題は解決できるということでしょうか。 英語に詳しい方、又はeBayに詳しい方にご回答いただけると助かります。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。 画像が拡大できないので文章でご説明します。 ★ 上部の長文の部分が「Update your listings below with~」 ★ 真ん中から下は、左側のモザイク部分が商品タイトル、その右が「Material」や「Type」を選択・入力する部分です