• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:英語の問題で分からないものがあります。)

英語の問題についての疑問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英語の問題で分からないものがあります。説明がないので困っています。
  • なぜ文中の形容詞が異なるのかについて疑問を持っています。
  • アフガニスタンの人々が抱える困難について知りたいです。なぜimaginableが使用されるのか疑問です。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

(1) 普通,最上級というのはいくつかあるものを比較して 「一番~だ」という相対的なものです。 the kindest woman のように -est を用い,the がつきます。 一方,「絶対最上級」というのがあって,何かと比較するのでなく,ばくぜんと程度が高い場合に用います。 この場合,the でなく a になり,-est で最上級にする語でも most を用います。 この most は「とても」くらいの意味で,very に近いです。 (2) the greatest difficulty imaginable で 「想像できるもっとも大きな困難」です。 これを「想像できないほど大きな」と訳しているだけです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.2

ひとつ目の英文を理解するのに「文法用語」が必要かどうか分かりませんが、ある英々辞典には下記のような記述と例文があるのみです。   most : [+adjective/adverb] <formal> = very  (1) Thank you for a most interesting evening.  (2) I was most surprised to hear of your engagement.  kの「most」は、フォーマルな場面において「形容詞」や「副詞」の前に置かれ「非常に」の意味を持つということが分かれば十分ではないでしょうか。注意するのは、後ろに名詞がある場合には「a」をつけるという点だけでしょう。  ふたつ目の英文については、「形容詞の中には、特定の条件を満たした場合(単独でも)名詞の前ではなく後に置かれるものがある」ということを理解する必要があります。  そのような形容詞とは「able/ible」で終わるもので、さらに名詞が「any」や「最上級」を伴っている場合です。  (3) Any material available today will also be available tomorrow.  お尋ねの英文では「the greatest」という最上級がありますので、「imaginable」は名詞の後に置かれることになります。  その場合の意味は「想像できる限り(の)大きな困難」となりますが、英語の最上級を用いた英文は日本語にする場合に「否定」の訳をつけるとうまく訳せる場合があります。  (4) This is the highest mountain that I have ever climed.    「これは私が今まで登ったことがないほど高い山だ。」  ご参考になれば・・・。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• Who...........の使い方教えて下さい。

Who most likely is the woman? (女性はどんな人である可能性がもっとも高いですか?)     となっていたのですが、      Who is the woman most likely? ではダメなのでしょうか?     英文法の解る方、おねがいします。

• 英語の問題がわからないので教えてください

()の単語の品詞と意味を答えろ。 この問題わからないので教えてください 1you are on a (train) 2the children have to (train)very hard 3 you are on a train that (runs)past 4 how businesses are (run) 5 Children enjoy learning about trains and are happy to (work) 6 most of the (work)is done by children 7 At (present )most of the work is done 8 though adult are also (present)

• 英語の長文問題(大学受験)

There are men who love out-of-doors who yet never open a book;and other men who love books but to whom the great book of nature is a sealed volume,and the lines written therein (1) made indistinct. Neveretheless among those men who I have known the love of books and the love of outdoors,in their highest expressions,have usually gone hand in hand.It is an affectation for the man who is praising outdoors to sneer at books.Usually the keenest appreciation of what is seen in nature is to be found in those who have also profited by the stored and recorded wisdom of their fellow men.Love of outdoor life,love of simple and hardy pastimes,can be gratified by men and women who do not possess large means,and who work hard;and so can love of good books (2)(3)-not of good bindings and of first editions, (4)(5)excelled enough in their way but sheer luxuries-I mean love of reading books,owning them if possible of course,but,if that is no possible,getting them from a circulating library. 出来れば全文和訳と(1)-(5)までに入る英語を一語埋めてください。 よろしくお願いします!!

• 英語の問題お願いします!

英語の問題お願いします! 空所に適当な語句をいれてください! 1.Harry as well as you () responsible for that accident. (1)are (2)do (3)does (4)is 2.Both my brother and my sister () studying abroad. (1)are (2)have (3)is (4) was 3.Some of the most remarkable scientists in history () not considered especially intelligent in their school days. (1)is (2)are (3)was (4)were 誤った箇所を指摘し正しい形になおしてください! 4.Most of the class members (1)[is] working (2)[people] and (3)[very] few of them ever (4)[miss]a class. 5.There (1)[has] been many (2)[cases] of (3)[the] flu in this area (4)[in recent] years. 以上の5問です! 見づらいかもしれませんがお願いします!

• 英語 並び替え問題  +α

日本語の意味になるように並べ替えてください。 1 明日、どのように連絡できましょうか。   How can (get/you/to/I/in/touch with) tomorrow? 2 中西先生はみんなに大変評判が良い。   Everybody (of/is/Mr. Nakanishi/very/highly/speaks). 3 寝坊するといけないから目覚ましをかけておきなさい。   (in/the alarm/you/don`t/case/set) overleep. 4 最初、犯人と思っていた男は実は刑事だった。   The man (the criminal at first/turned out/who I believed/to be/he/was) a detective. 5 われわれは二人ともパンクに気がつかなかった。   (was/both/of/neither/aware/of/us) the flat tire. あと、下の文の和訳もお願いします。 He meant that names are important,but to most parents,their baby`s name is very important ― not only what the name is,but also who picks the name and when.

• 英語問題

下から適切な単語を選んで空欄をうめる問題なのですが、わかりますか? わかったら翻訳もお願いします(;_;) renal failure polyuria kidney stones cystitis nephritis dysuria (1)_____ are solid concretions of dissolved minerals in urine. (2)_____ is a condition in which large volumes of urine is excreted. (3)_____ is a situation in which the kidneys fail to function adequately. (4)_____ refers to urination with burning or stinging pain. (5)_____ is inflammation of the urinary bladder that affects women more than men. (6)_____ is infammation of the kidney caused by infections, toxins, and auto-immune diseases.

• 高校英語の和訳教えてください

高校英語の和訳教えてください Scientfic method, simple as it is in essence, has been acquired only with great difficulty. It consists in observing such facts as will enable the observer to discover general laws governing facts of the kind in question. よろしくお願いします

• 英語の定冠詞 不定冠詞

Who do you work for ? という質問に関し、「銀行で働いています」と言うのは 下記のどちらですか? (1) I work for the bank. (2) I work for a bank. 私は自分が働いているのはこの場合には特定の銀行 (=自分が働いている銀行)を指して言うので、 (1)とすべきと思いますが、間違いでしょうか?

• 英語の問題を教えて下さい!

空欄に入る語を選ぶ問題です。 Some people think the phrase ″elective surgery″ means a surgical procedure that is optical. This may be true some of the time, but it is not (1) the case. Elective surgery can often refer to surgery that must be done but that is not a life-threatening emergency. This means patients may schedule their surgery days, weeks, or even months in advance. One of (2) common examples of elective surgery is Lasik eye surgery. Because elective surgery is considered (3) important, some insurance companies do not cover patients who wish to have this kind of treatment done. (4) (1) (a)always (b)never (c)hardly (d)seldom (2) (a)as (b)more (c)the most (d)very (3) (a)as (b)fewer (c)much (d)less (4) (a)However, you can earn a huge amount of money by undergoing surgery. (b)Thus, it is better to consult your insurance company. (c)Otherwise, you might not have enough time to undergo surgery. (d)For that reason, the success rates for the surgery are very low. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の書き換え問題です

文aと文bの意味がほぼ同じになるように()に適する単語をかけという問題です 1 a.( )is probable that Tom will come back soon. b.( )Tom will come back soon 2 a.He ( ) older,he became less active. b.He became less active ( ) ages. 3 a. He is studying so ( ) he may get a degree. b.He is studying ( ) a degree. 4 a.He is not a person who habitually tells lies. b.He is not a ( ) ( ). 5 a. They say that the rocket travelled six miles and landed in the target area. b. The rocket is said to ( )travelled six miles and ( ) have landed in the target area. の5問です。分かる方教えてください。よろしくお願い致します。