• ベストアンサー

○○が何かということについて話したいと思います。

まず、最初に○○が何か、ということについて話したいと思います。 これの英訳なのですが、 First of all, I'd like to talk about what is ○○? で良いのでしょうか? 最後はピリオドで文章を終わるべきでしょうか?

• YURUE
  • お礼率18% (72/379)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

First of all, I'd like to talk about what OO is. のほうが良いのではないでしょうか。 疑問文ではないので、あなたのようにしても、ピリオドで終わるべきです。

関連するQ&A

• withとtoの違いは?

I'd like to talk to you about ~ と I'd like to talk with you about ~ との違いがわからないのですが 知ってる人がいたら教えてください。

• 英訳してみました・・

英訳してみたのですが、どうでしょうか? 『私のことを言われるのは全く構わないけど、家族のことを言われるのは許せない。』 I don't mind at all if they talk about me, but it is offensive to me that they talk about my family.

• 間接疑問文内のthere is 構文について

お聞きしたいのですが、 間接疑問文の中では、語順がSVになりますよね? それは、there is 構文の場合も適用されるのでしょうか。 以下の文を英訳した場合、 「私は、そこに何かあったかより、そこに誰がいたかを考える。」 模範解答では、 I wonder first of all about the people there rather than what was there. となっています。 でもこの場合、最後はrather than what there wasにならないといけないのではないでしょうか? どなたか、ご意見をいただければ幸いです。

• 【英作】『それがどのようなものか』について

『人生は、それがどういうものかわからないうちにほとんど過ぎてしまっているものだ。』 の 『それがどういうものか』で 考えつくのは what it rally means what it is all about what the meaning of life is 他多数ですが what it is like はよろしくないようなのですが、理由を教えていただけないでしょうか

• 英訳お願いします。わかったとこは省きました><

but... for now I am happy just flirting online lol!! Um... I'm about to go to a meeting for a couple hours (I'm at work) but I'll send you one more email before I do. ... maybe you will not like it though, but I don't want to lie about the kind of person I am... like I already said, I like to talk about sexy things... and if you don't like that at all, I will just be honest with you now, you might not like me very much! But of course we don't have to talk about that stuff all the time, we can talk about anything... ^_^ この英文がへんなのはわかっています。 適切に答えるつもりです。

• この英文を和訳していただきたいです。

和訳お願いします。 What makes somebody attractive? And this can be asked at all sorts of levels but a simple level is what makes for a pretty face? So,these are,according to ratings,very attractive faces. They are not the faces of real people. What's on the screen are computer generated faces of a Caucasian male and a Caucasian female who don't exist in the real world. But through using this sort of computer generation,and then asking people what they think of this face,what they think of that face,scientists have come to some sense as to what really makes a face attractive,both within cultures and across cultures. And that's something which we're going to devote some time to when we talk about social behavior,and in particular,when we talk about sex .Not all attractiveness,not all beauty of course,is linked to sex. So,pandas for instance,like this panda,are notoriously cute,and I don't have anything to say about it really. It's just a cute picture(laughter).

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

What makes somebody attractive? And this can be asked at all sorts of levels but a simple level is what makes for a pretty face? So,these are,according to ratings,very attractive faces. They are not the faces of real people. What's on the screen are computer generated faces of a Caucasian male and a Caucasian female who don't exist in the real world. But through using this sort of computer generation,and then asking people what they think of this face,what they think of that face,scientists have come to some sense as to what really makes a face attractive,both within cultures and across cultures. And that's something which we're going to devote some time to when we talk about social behavior,and in particular,when we talk about sex .Not all attractiveness,not all beauty of course,is linked to sex. So,pandas for instance,like this panda,are notoriously cute,and I don't have anything to say about it really. It's just a cute picture(laughter).

• 次の英文は間違いか?

1. 次の日本語を英訳するとき、 「彼は自分が正しいと思うことをするだけの勇気がある。」→ He is brave enough to do what he thinks to be right. これは間違いでしょうか?間違いだとしたら何処をどう変えればよいかお教えてください。私は、do 以下を he thinks (what) to be right と、とらえました。 2.「それはどんなものか見当がつかない。」を8語の英語に英訳せよ。ただし( )内に与えられた語をそのままの順序で形を変えずに用いなさい。 「それはどんなものか見当がつかない。」(idea/what/like) 答えは I have no idea what it is like. なのですが、この英文は構造的におかしい気がします。 idea [about] what と about を挿入しなければならないのではないですか?でもそれだと9語になってしまうので間違いです。なぜ上の英文は正しいのでしょうか?学校の先生は、「what は同格だ。」とおっしゃったのですが、同格のthat ならまだしも、そのようなwhat の使い方は聞いたことがありません。私は関係代名詞のwhat は常に(a thing)+ (which)と先行詞を補って考えています。もしかしたらこの考え方に問題があるのかもしれません。どうかご教授お願いします。

• 英訳について

英訳について I am actually out of town until Tuesday. We can talk via email before that if you would like. David mentioned that you'd like to run a experiment? 友達からメールを受け取ったのですが、最後の「David mentioned that you'd like to run a experiment?」の部分なんですが、これは「ディビットから実験やる事については聞いてる?」の様なニュアンスなんでしょうか? 最後に?がついているのでニュアンスがよくわかりません。

• 英文について

I would like to talk about racial discrimination focused on economic. この文章の中に in Japanという文章を入れたいです。 その場合最後に入れればいいのでしょうか? そして「日本での人種差別、経済(の差別)にフォーカスして話します」 としたいのですが、最後はeconomicでいいでしょうか? economic oneなどとしたらいいでしょうか? わかるかた教えてください