How to Translate This Hymn?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • This hymn is considered one of the finest literary works in the collection and is believed to originate from Attic or Eleusinian. The date of its composition can be determined as not later than the beginning of the sixth century, as it does not mention Iacchus, and the introduction of the Dionysiac element at Eleusis occurred around that time.
  • The phrase 'Dionysiac element was introduced' likely means that the fundamental aspects of the Dionysus worship were established. The term 'Dionysiac element' refers to the core beliefs and practices associated with the worship of Dionysus, the Greek god of wine and fertility. It is interesting to note that the worship of Dionysus was not mentioned in this hymn.
  • Dionysus, also known as Bacchus, is a prominent deity in Greek mythology and is often associated with wine, fertility, and celebration. The epithet 'Iacchus' is an alternate name for Dionysus and is used to refer to his worship. The hymn being discussed is a magnificent piece of literature, and its translation requires careful consideration of its historical context and poetic elements.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

(152)This hymn ……この英文はどう訳せばよいでしょうか

QA152 This hymn, as a literary work, is one of the finest in the collection. It is surely Attic or Eleusinian in origin. Can we in any way fix its date? Firstly, it is certainly not later than the beginning of the sixth century, for it makes no mention of Iacchus, and the Dionysiac element was introduced at Eleusis at about that period. 試し訳 文学作品として、この讃歌はホメーロス風讃歌の中で最後のものである。  起源は確かにアッティカ人又はエレウニス人である。とにかく、我々はこの時代を特定出来るだろうか。まず、間違いなく、(紀元前)六世紀の初頭以前のものである。というのは、イアックスについて述べていないし、およそこの時代に、ディオニーソス信仰の基本がエレウシスで出来上がったからである。 質問 (1)Dionysiac element was introducedについて    ‘ディオニューソス信仰の基本が導入された’だろうか。 おそらく、はじめて成立した意味と思われる。  (2)ディオニューソス教は辞書にない。 ディオニューソス信仰という言葉(wiki)はある。 *Iacchus; Dionisosのepithet(あだ名) ローマ神ではバッコス(バッカス)とも呼ばれる。 また豊穣神リーベルと同一視される。 *今までの「賛歌」は間違いで、「讃歌」が正しい。

noname#171580
noname#171580
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Ahiru-san
  • ベストアンサー率49% (50/102)
回答No.1

(1) Dionysiac element was introduced     別に「信仰の基本」ということでなくて、「デュオニソス的要素」でしょうね。「導入」で間違いないと思いますが、私なら軽く「伝えられた」とします。 訳文でなく意味は、「このころまでにはデュオニソス的要素がつたえられていたのに、この讃歌ではデュオニソスの別名であるイアックスについて何にも書いてないから、」 (書いてありそうなものなのに)。 (2) ディオニューソス教というのはなくとも驚きに値しません。ギリシャ神話は日本の神道みたいなもので、おのおのの神様がXX教を持っているわけではないでしょう。日本のアマテラス信仰や大黒様信仰と似たようなものと考えてよいと思います。  それから finest は「最後のもの」でなくて「よいもの」ですね。「美しいもの」とか 「きれいなもの」、「優美なもの」とでも訳しましょうか。 Attic or Eleusinian in origin はべつに人と限らず、その土地あるいは文化、を示します。  Ukiyo-e is of Japanese origin. のように。

noname#171580
質問者

お礼

浮世絵の話のように、時代の背景がイメージが湧いてきました。   見解の違い(の原因)について一言 (1)for文について   これは理由を述べているので、質問者はやや拘りました。 (2)ディオニーソス信仰(確かに’教’ではないようです)がこの頃、   この場所で誕生したと考えた。(この文だけでの判断です)    そのため、the Dionysiac element was introduced の訳し方が   歪んできたようです。 この点について、Ahiru-sanの回答で納得しました。 ありがとうございました。    

関連するQ&A

• Please check this! No.1

I'd like to show you the pictures as promised. The first picture with a koala was taken at DREAMWORLD in Gold Coast. I heard koalas ate only some sorts of many of eucalyptus trees. And the second one with a kangaroo was taken at the same place. There my mother and I held a koala and feed some kangaroos. When I held a koala, it (maybe she) attached a small poop to me. The third one is taken at Morton Island. It is the largest of islands which is formed from sand. There we can feed wild dolphins. It was at the Opera House that the forth one is taken. Do you think that its surface is slick? It is incorrect. In fact lines are traced out on it. Can you guess why? It is because the surface which gets sunshine makes eyes of seamen bad. I suspect, however, that it has meaning. And at the fifth, the Barbor Bridge comes out. It is said that the bridge connect the city of Sydney and their bedroom suburbs. 文法的に間違っている所、指摘お願いします。

• 英文添削お願いします!

皆さんこんばんは。英文のチェックお願いします。Aramaki salmon is Japanese traditional food gift. It is salted and dried salmon that is given as gifts in new year start in Japan. It is delicious with a lot of fat at this time of the year. And also it was salted for preservation because long time ago, stores were closed at begining of new year. 新巻サケは伝統的な日本の贈り物です。 日本の正月にギフトとして贈られる塩漬けの乾燥サケです。この時期のサケは脂が乗っていてとてもおいしいです。昔はお正月にお店が開いていなかった為、また保存用として食べられていました。 おねがいします。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

・After the fine was introduced, the economists continued to keep track of the parents who arrived after 4 p.m. Unexpectedly, the number of late pickups increased. ・It is estimated that $60 is added to the base fee and parents coming late will pay around $440 in total per month. ・If late pickups cost only $3 and parents can pay for it, why worry about being late?

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! Of the buildings in the forum area, it is in conceivable that the colonists did not make changes to the dominant temple at the northern end. Even if this was already dedicated to Jupiter, there was probably now a rebuilding that laid emphasis on the Capitoline version of that god’s cult, in which Jupiter shared honours with Juno and Minerva. It may have been at this stage that the base for the cult-statue within the temple was radically re-designed and monumentalized. At the south end of the forum the Comitium, or voting enclosure, though perhaps begun in the pre-colonial period, was brought to completion in the first years of the colony. Much of the building work of the colonists was carried out in a distinctive technique of quasi reticulatum in black lava with cornering in brickwork(often arranged to form a series of superposed wedges).

• What is this made of?

テキストの例文について質問させていただきます。 (1)What is this made of? -It is made of stone.   (これは何でできているのですか?-石でできています。) (2)Whom was this book written by?   (この本は誰に書かれたのですか?) (3)Where is the language spoken?   (その言葉はどこで話されますか?) (4)Where are you born? -I was born in Japan.   (あなたはどこで生まれたのですか?-日本で生まれました。) 上記のうち、(3)や(4の質問文の方)には、どうして、spoken や bornの後にinが無くてもよいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

下記の文の穴埋めと指定部分の和訳をお願いします。 Two beakers were ( 1 ) with water. In each beaker a glass cylinder was immersed, across the bottom of which a membrane was tied. The membrane allowed water to pass through it freely, but it would not allow molecules of dissolved protein to pass which ( 2 ) molecules to pass through it is known as permeable membrane. However, since the membranes used in this experiment allowed only molecules of the solvent to pass through, they are ( 3 ) as semi-permeable membranes. Two protein solutions were then made up, one at a concentration of 5g dm^-3,and the other at 10 g dm^-3. Some of the 5 g dm^-3 solution was ( 4 ) into one of the glass cylinders, and some of the 10 g dm^-3 solution into the other cylinder. The levels of the water in the beakers and the protein solutions in the glass cylinders were ( 5 ) until they were all equal. The experiment was then left for a period of twenty-four hours. After twenty-four hours, it was ( 6 ) that the levels of the water and protein solutions were considerably different from when the experiment was ( 7 ). The level of liquid in the cylinders was seen to be higher than the level of the water in the beakers. Moreover, when the height of the liquid in each cylinder was ( 8 ), /ここから和訳/ it was found that the height of the column of liquid in the cylinder containing the more concentrated solution was twice the height of the other solution. ( )内は以下の語群から、適切な形に変えて選ぶ begin/pour/know/observe/fill/allow/adjust/measure よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味

下記の英文のIt requires a very lively passion...のitが何を指しているのかお教えください。 I did not see Strickland for several weeks. I was disgusted with him, and if I had had an opportunity should have been glad to tell him so, but I saw no object in seeking him out for the purpose. I am a little shy of any assumption of moral indignation ; there is always in it an element of self-satisfaction which makes it awkward to anyone who has a sense of humour. It requires a very lively passion to steel me to my own ridicule. There was a sardonic sincerity in Strickland which made me sensitive to anything that might suggest a pose. itが指し示しているのは前文の(1)moral indignation(2)an element of self-satisfaction(3)to steel me to my own ridiculeのいづれでしょうか。また、このtoは(1)名詞的用法(2)形容詞的用法(3)副詞的用法のいづれでしょうか。それとも各々(1)~(3)いづれにも当てはまらないでしょうか。 お手数かけますが、ご教授いただければ幸いです。なにとぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• 次の2つの英文はどう違うのでしょうか?

次の2つの英文は、ともに「もし全面禁煙条例が導入されたら、あなたはそれに賛成しますか。」という意味になると思いますが、2つの文は仮定や実現可能性の度合いといった点でどのような意味の違いがあるのでしょうか。 1) If total smoking ban is introduced, will you approve of it? 2) If total smoking ban were introduced, would you approve of it? ご存知の方がおられましたら宜しくご教示のほどお願い致します。

• (161)The second part……この英文はどう訳せばよいでしょうか

QA161 The second part is not later than 600 B.C.; for 1) the chariot-races at Pytho, which commenced in 586 B.C., are unknown to the writer of the hymn, 2) the temple built by Trophonius and Agamedes for Apollo (ll. 294-299) seems to have been still standing when the hymn was written, and this temple was burned in 548. We may at least be sure that the first part is a Chian work, and that the second was composed by a continental poet familiar with Delphi. 第二編は紀元前600年を降らない。理由1)ピトンでの二輪戦車競走、これは紀元前586年に始まったもので、この讃歌の詩人は知らない。2)アポローン(Il.294-299)のためにトロポニウスとアガメデスにより建てられた神殿はこの讃歌が書かれた時はまだ建っていたと思われるが、この神殿は548年に焼失した。 (したがって)すくなくとも、第一編はキオス人の作であること、第二編はデルポイに詳しいギリシャ本土の詩人によって編纂されたのは間違いないと思う。 質問 (1)a Chian workについて  Chianの読みはカイアン(英)、キオス(日)のようである。 Gの島名。冠詞aがあるので、「キオス人の作」で正しいでしょうか。 (2)Pytho was the chthonic enemy of Apollo,(free-dic)とあるので、Delphiの   (中の)地名だろうか。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

This new food security was a key element in the development of modern civilization, leading as it did to more stable societies in which part of the population could engage in nonagricultural activities, such as trade and commerce. ldid が何を指しているのかつかめません。 leading asから先を解説を含め、訳を教えてください。 英検読解問題の中にあった一文です。 よろしくお願いします。