132ko
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

What makes somebody attractive? And this can be asked at all sorts of levels but a simple level is what makes for a pretty face? So,these are,according to ratings,very attractive faces. They are not the faces of real people. What's on the screen are computer generated faces of a Caucasian male and a Caucasian female who don't exist in the real world. But through using this sort of computer generation,and then asking people what they think of this face,what they think of that face,scientists have come to some sense as to what really makes a face attractive,both within cultures and across cultures. And that's something which we're going to devote some time to when we talk about social behavior,and in particular,when we talk about sex .Not all attractiveness,not all beauty of course,is linked to sex. So,pandas for instance,like this panda,are notoriously cute,and I don't have anything to say about it really. It's just a cute picture(laughter).

• この英文を和訳していただきたいです。

和訳お願いします。 What makes somebody attractive? And this can be asked at all sorts of levels but a simple level is what makes for a pretty face? So,these are,according to ratings,very attractive faces. They are not the faces of real people. What's on the screen are computer generated faces of a Caucasian male and a Caucasian female who don't exist in the real world. But through using this sort of computer generation,and then asking people what they think of this face,what they think of that face,scientists have come to some sense as to what really makes a face attractive,both within cultures and across cultures. And that's something which we're going to devote some time to when we talk about social behavior,and in particular,when we talk about sex .Not all attractiveness,not all beauty of course,is linked to sex. So,pandas for instance,like this panda,are notoriously cute,and I don't have anything to say about it really. It's just a cute picture(laughter).

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Close-up Life Expectancy: How Long Is Long? “There are groups of mountain people in the Soviet Union, India and Ecuador who claim to love very long lives. Some people say they’re 125 years old and going strong. “Robert R. Kohn, professor of pathology at Case Western University, says the claims aren’t true. “’They have every reason to claim old age-economic reasons, status reasons-and there are no records to back up the claims, ‘says Kohn. “While in the Soviet Union for a scientific meeting. Kohn found another reason: The old people in Georgia have become such a tourist attraction that he was offered the opportunity to see them for the sum of 50 American dollars. There’s no doubt these people are old and healthy and they would be worth studying, but when you read about Ivan who’s 146 tears old and his mother’s mad at him, don’t believe it. お願いします。

• 英文の訳お願いします

Many people feel so much stress at work that they hate going back on Monday morning after a weekend at home. They are fearful, anxious, and uncertain because work gives them little job security and heavy workloads. Peter Fielding, a Canadian psychologist, says,"There is no longer the feeling of being a long-term, valued employee. Just look at the newspaper and you read about layoffs, strikes, shutdowns." With downsizing, workers also have increased workloads. "We are all expected to do more with less and that's difficult,"he explains. Workers who used to have autonomy, freedom, and control now feel powerless. They are beginning to question the value of their work. "Professional identity is a real part of personal identity," says Nan Gardener, an unemployment counselor. "When you don't feel that you are making a significant and worthwhile contribution, it's hard to keep going." Although the work climate today is difficult, there are wars for individuals to fight the stress. ・Take back some control. You may not be able to Control events that happen around you, but you can control your response. Ask yourself, "Where can I get some job satisfaction and job challenge? What can I do with what l've got?" Try to find something each day that provides a challenge, even if it is just a different way of doing ordinary tasks. Challenge creates excitement. It motivates and revitalizes. ・Balance work and play After many years of education, many people are unable to find a job in their field. Instead, they have to take any job to get a paycheck. The job may not be suited to their capabilities. It may not present the challenge they are looking for. If this describes your job, remember you are more than your occupation. Enrich your life in other areas. Involve yourself in activities outside of Work. Gain strength from the areas in your life where things are going Well. Realize that this job may be temporary and do the best job you can. Remember, too, many people don't have a job to hate. ・Get support from colleagues We all need support from our colleagues in the workplace. Little things mean a lot, like potluck lunches and birthday celebrations. We also don't laugh as much as we used to in the workplace, yet a sense of humor can be vital. Decide that you will laugh at whatever you can laugh at and take advantage of the mutual support of colleagues. ・Have realistic expectations With increased workloads and cutbacks, many people are feeling they can't do their best work. Keep your work in perspective. Look at the big picture and establish reasonable objectives. Prioritize and make lists. Do what you can each day, and recognize each accomplishment. Look at what you can achieve, not at what you can't.

• 英文添削して下さい

一部はつながった文章として見てください。 ・アスペルガー症候群は、発達障害のひとつです。 Asperger’s syndrome is a type of Developmental disability. ・発達障害はアスペルガーの他にも、自閉症、ADHD、LDなどがあります。 Other developmental disability for Asperger is Autism, ADHD, LD; Learning Disability, for example. ・彼ら(アスペルガー)の特徴として、「できることとできないことの差が激しい」が挙げられます。 when they do something, their behavior is two kinds of:it is very easy or very difficult for him. →One of their characteristics is ~でなんとか続けられないでしょうか? ・彼らは一貫性への強いこだわりがあります。 They stick to consistency. それが長所として発現されれば「定型発達の人は苦痛と思うような、同じことを繰り返すことができる」となります。 As a good point, they can repeat the same things that Neurotypical people fell painful. 短所として出れば、部屋の物の配置が少しでもずれていると気が動転してしまうこともあります。 As a week point, they feel extremely painful when something in their house are moved. →fell painfulとは別の表現がなにかあれば教えてほしいです。 ・他の症状として、強い被害者意識が挙げられます。 Another symptom is that they have strong sense of victimization. ・返事がそっけないだけで、バカにされたたのかと思ってしまうこともあります。 If they had a curt(blunt) answer, they feel they are looked down on. ・街を歩いていて、すれ違いざまに誰かがくすっと笑うと、自分に対して笑ったのかと誤解して悲しくなり、そのことで一日中ブルーな気分になってしまうこともあります。 When someone laugh beside him wandering the street, they misunderstand the someone and they feel they are laughed at. They spend feeling sad the all day. よろしくお願い致します。

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

"Dr Gray says if you switch from eserine to atropine--" It was put down to an accident. There was a strong hope that Miss Simmonds's one eye would survive. It was she who had made up the prescription. She refused to discuss it. I said, "The bottle may have been tampered with, have you thought of that?" "Joan's been reading books." The last week of my holidays old Mrs Simmonds died above the shop and left all her fortune to her daughter. At the same time I got tonsillitis and could not return to school. I was attended by our woman doctor, the widow of the town's former doctor who had quite recently died. This was the first time I had seen Dr Gray, although I had known the other Dr Gray, her husband, whom I missed. The new Dr Gray was a sharp-faced athletic woman. She was said to be young. She came to visit me every day for a week. After consideration I decided she was normal and in the right, though dull. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公(Joan)は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 Miss SimmondsはMr Simmonds (検眼士)の姉です。 -------------------------------------------------------- ●I said, "The bottle may have been tampered with, have you thought of that?" "Joan's been reading books." ここはどういう会話になっているのでしょうか? 私(Joan)は言いました。「ビンはいじられたかもしれないわ。そうは思わない?」 「Joanは本を読んでいたところなのよ」 ちょっと意味が入ってこない感じです。 教えてください。お願いします。 前文は I started screaming when I got home, and was given a sedative. By evening everyone knew what Miss Simmonds had put the wrong drops in her eyes. "Will she go blind in that eye, too?" people said. "The doctor says there's hope." "There will be an inquiry." "She was going blind in that eye in any case," they said. "Ah, but the pain...." "Whose mistake, hers or his?" "Joan was there at the time. Joan heard the screams. We had to give her a sedative to calm---" "--calm her down." "But who made the mistake?" "She usually makes up the eye-drops herself. She's got a dispenser's--" "--dispense's certificate, you know." "Her name was on the bottle, Joan says." "Who wrote the name on the bottle? That's the question. They'll find out from the handwriting. If it was Mr Simmonds he'll be disqualified." "She always wrote the names on the bottles. She'll be put off the dispensers' roll, poor thing." "They'll lose their licence." "I got eye-drops from them myself only three weeks ago. If I'd have known what I know now, I'd never have--" "The doctor says they can't find the bottle, it's got lost." "No, the sergeant says they've got the bottle. The handwriting is hers. She must have made up the drops herself, poor thing." "Deadly nightshade, same thing." "Stuff called atropine. Belladonna. Deadly nightshade." "It should have been stuff called eserine. That's what she usually had, the doctor says." "Dr Gray says?" "Yes, Dr Gray." となっています。

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

I started screaming when I got home, and was given a sedative. By evening everyone knew what Miss Simmonds had put the wrong drops in her eyes. "Will she go blind in that eye, too?" people said. "The doctor says there's hope." "There will be an inquiry." "She was going blind in that eye in any case," they said. "Ah, but the pain...." "Whose mistake, hers or his?" "Joan was there at the time. Joan heard the screams. We had to give her a sedative to calm---" "--calm her down." "But who made the mistake?" "She usually makes up the eye-drops herself. She's got a dispenser's--" "--dispense's certificate, you know." "Her name was on the bottle, Joan says." "Who wrote the name on the bottle? That's the question. They'll find out from the handwriting. If it was Mr Simmonds he'll be disqualified." "She always wrote the names on the bottles. She'll be put off the dispensers' roll, poor thing." "They'll lose their licence." "I got eye-drops from them myself only three weeks ago. If I'd have known what I know now, I'd never have--" "The doctor says they can't find the bottle, it's got lost." "No, the sergeant says they've got the bottle. The handwriting is hers. She must have made up the drops herself, poor thing." "Deadly nightshade, same thing." "Stuff called atropine. Belladonna. Deadly nightshade." "It should have been stuff called eserine. That's what she usually had, the doctor says." "Dr Gray says?" "Yes, Dr Gray." Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公(Joan)は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 Miss SimmondsとMr Simmonds (検眼士)は姉弟です。 主人公が検眼のためSimmondsさんのお店を訪れていたときに、Miss Simmondsが誤った点眼薬を目にさしてしまったところで前回が終わっています。 --------------------------------------------------- 最後の方に "It should have been stuff called eserine. That's what she usually had, the doctor says." とありますが、 Itはatropineで、Thatはeserineですか? That's what she usually hadのThatはItとしても意味は通じるような気がするのですが、It should have been stuff called eserine.でItを使っているので、それと分けるためにThatを用いたと考えてよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。お願いします。 (英文が長くなってしまってすみません) 前文は She had raised the bottle and was reading the label with her one good eye. "Yes, this is mine. It has my name on it," she said. Dark Basil, dark Dorothy. There was something wrong after all. She walked upstairs with her bottle of eye-drops. The brother put his hand on my elbow and heaved me to my feet, forgetting his coloured slides. "There's nothing wrong with your eyes. Off you go." He pushed me into the front shop. His flat eyes were wide open as he handed me my glasses. He pointed to the door. "I'm a busy man," he said. From upstairs came a long scream. Basil jerked open the door for me, but I did not move. Then Dorothy, upstairs, screamed and screamed and screamed. Basil put his hands to his head, covering his eyes. Dorothy appeared on the bend of the stairs, screaming, doubled-up, with both hands covering her good eye. となっています。

• HELP

締め切りに追われているのでお願いします。 「ダンビラを振回し、教えてやるぞ目線は至極近所迷惑であり、最近は「胡乱極まる生半可モン」=「腐わさび屋」=「脳味噌OPEN壊崩ソース」も出現、笑止千万の極み」と彼は言うが、ネイティブなら絶対言わない文法めちゃめちゃの英文を書く彼こそ笑止千万だ。 の英訳↓を添削願います。 Showing off how good they are and looking down thier nose at questioners is extremely nuisance to the neighbors, and recently the smatterers, also know as '(beeped)' and 'opensource', have made their debut--those people are highly ridiculous," he says, but it is him that I most laugh at since no native speakers of English say such ridiculously ungrammatical senteneces as his.

• 自分で考えたのですが苦手で…どなたかお願いします!

高校二年生です… 次に書く英語を和訳したいです。。 ですが、私は昔から英語が苦手で… 18文あって、長いかもしれないですが ヒントだけでも良いのでお願いします!! 1:Two dogs enter a room in a senior citizens` home. 2:Then everyone begins to smile and laugh. 3:"I think it`s great. 4:It`s lovely to see them and they`re so frindly,"says a lady who is 97 years old. 5:She looks forward to the days when the dogs come. 6:Friendly dogs can often help older people and sick children. 7:The dogs help them by giving love. 8:In homes where older people live, some of them are lonely. 9:They don`t have much to enjoy. 10:They often just sit or sleep in their chairs. 11:They talk to no one. 12:They do nothing. 13:When the dogs visit the home, the older people become friendlier to other people. 14:They become more active and feel happier. 15:The dogs are chosen carefully. 16:They must be quiet when they visit the older people and not jump on them. 17:The dogs` visits are short. 18:But those visits change the lives of many older people. 誤字や脱字があったら本当にすみません;;

• わからない個所を教えてください。

‘You’re weird,’ he says eventually. I blink. But then he says, ‘I like you, though.’ And my heart skips once, and feels as if it is grinning inside me. ‘I like you too,’ I say. ‘And wouldn’t it be great if you could go anywhere, just in your head – the moon or Mars, or different planets?’ I have never thought about this either. ‘I suppose,’ I say. (前回の終わりの部分です) ‘I’d love that.’ He looks entranced with the possibility. ‘Do you like comics?’ ‘I don’t know.’ ‘I’ve got some great ones. They’re in English, though,’ he adds, doubtfully. ‘But I speak English,’ I say, surprised. It takes me a moment to remember that Jamie is a foreigner, like me. Astonished, I switch from the way we have been talking – the way I talk with Lena – to the other way I talk, when I’m with my parents. ‘Can you speak like this?’ Jamie looks just as astonished, but he answers the same way. ‘Yes. My father’s English.’ ‘Mine too,’ I say. ‘And Mummy,’ I add, remembering. Suddenly he begins to laugh – a little at first that quickly grows into a great uncontrollable peal that rings against the side of the valley. He points at me, helplessly, and then at himself, and I understand immediately what he means – We’re such idiots! – and the funny side of it strikes me, too. I can’t help it; I join him, laughing harder and harder until my sides hurt and there are tears in my eyes. I can’t think of a time when I’ve laughed harder. At last we quieten down. Occasionally we look sideways at each other and giggles overwhelm us again; but in the end we are too tired to laugh any more. We sit side by side with big, idiot grins on our faces. ****************************************** 主人公のAlexはartistで、展示会に備えるために、幼い頃過ごしたイタリアに戻ってきています。この英文は回想シーンで幼なじみのJamieと話しているところです。 二人のやり取りが正確にはよくわからないのですが、 I’ve got some great ones. They’re in English, though,’ he adds, doubtfully.のdoubtfullyとはどういう意味合いなのでしょうか?疑わしげに?自分が持っているいくつかの漫画はすばらしいけれど、英語で書かれている。の後にdoubtfullyが付くのがよくわかりません。 I switch from the way we have been talking – the way I talk with Lena – to the other way I talk, when I’m with my parents.というのは、AlexがJamieと今まで話していた方法を変えた、ということで、Lenaや、両親と話していた英語でJamieに話した、ということですか? We’re such idiots! とありますが、Alexが、英語が話せるJamieに今までイタリア語で話していたことがおかしいのでしょうか?? I join him, laughing harder and harder until my sides hurt and there are tears in my eyes.とありますが、until my sides hurt and there are tears in my eyes.というのは、Alexのどんな心境を表しているのでしょうか?何に傷ついているのかがわかりません。(あまりにもばかげた事を言ってしまったことですか?・・・英語が話せるの?というような) 教えてください。お願いします。