• ベストアンサー

TOEIC 文法

That baby is going to sleep,if---completely asleep. (1) not already (2) not still (3) not until (4) not all 答えは(1)番だったのですが、どうして(2)番じゃないのか教えて下さい。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kanakyu-
  • ベストアンサー率30% (1916/6194)
回答No.1

stillは肯定文で使用します。 同じ意味で否定文で使用するのは、not yetです。 not stillはありません。 still awake = not yet asleep です。 訳としては、 「まだ完全に眠っていないなら、赤ちゃんは眠りに入る最中です」 という意味ですね。 自分は託児所で働いてるので、そのとおりだなあと思います。

jumblk
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 stillは肯定文で使うんですね。初めて知りました。 そしてとても分かりやすかったです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

still not の語順で「まだ~していない」は可能です。 ここでは,「すでに完全に眠ってしまっているというわけではないけれども」という意味で,本来肯定文で用いる already になっています。 「まだ~していない」でなく,「すでに~している」わけではない というのがこの not already です。

jumblk
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 参考にさせていただきます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 「光るもの全て金ならず」の文法構造

All is not gold that glitters. この文章の文法構造が分かりません。that は all にかかるはずですが、説明をお願いします。 なお、 All that glitters is not gold. の方はずっと理解しやすいのですが・・・

• Toeic の試験問題でAlthough the doctor rec

Toeic の試験問題でAlthough the doctor recommended that he ____ go to work for three days, he want to work today. 1.)must not 2.)not 3.)does not 4.)did not 答えは2番なんですが、1番のほうが適切だと思うのですがどなたか教えてください。若しくは、that he should not go to work… 又は that him not going to work…では無いでしょうか?いきなりNOTはどうかと思うのですが。

• 代名詞の使い方??

高校の文法問題で、 The baby did not stop crying until he was fed. という文を(It was not until)で始めて書き換えよ。という問題があって、僕は It was not until the baby stopped crying that he was fed. だと思ったのですが、答えは It was not until he stopped crying that the baby was fed. になっていました。 代名詞がその代わりをするべき名詞の前に出ているのですが、これでもいいのでしょうか。ちなみに、自分の答えは解答には載ってなかったのですが、間違いとなりますか。文法的な説明をお願いします。

• 英語の文法問題です。

英語の文法問題です。 (1)Your new checks will be mailed to you (as far as/as long as/as soon as/as late as) they are ready. 答:as soon as (2)I again propose (if/that/what/so) we go ahead with this new investment even though there is still some risk. 答:that (3)Credit is valuable. That is (because/why/how/where) you need to know what you should do if you have credit problems. 答:why (4)(Whether/if/either/so) they are part of the integrated e-Finance applications that run a company, or the e-Finance transactions that drive new revenue. 答:whether (5)Survival in today's business world requires (what/whether/that/if) companies not just understand new technology, but actively accept the changes. 答:whether 僕の答えであってるでしょうか?まったく自信がないので、どなたかわかる方お願いします。

• なぜこの答えになるのか分かりません

Take care not to wake up the ( ) child. ( )にasleep、sleep、sleepingのどれかを入れる問題があるのですが、 答えはsleepingになるのですが、なぜasleepが駄目なのかが分かりません。 asleepは形容詞でchildを修飾しているので良いと思いましたが・・・ 分かるかたがいらっしゃいましたらぜひとも教えて頂きたいです。

• ある文の意味、文法が分かりません。

「what it is that's going on」の正しい訳、文法を 教えていただけないでしょうか? Many of the staff can make a good contribution, if they actually know what it is that's going on. 上記の文章の内容は以下のとおりです。 「重要な情報をスタッフにも情報共有させておけば 多くのスタッフがそれに対しておおいに貢献することができる」 重要な情報とは以下の文で「それが何であり、どのように動いているか」 という意味と思われます。 what it is that's going on ここで2点分からない点があります。 ◆質問1 上記の文章は、「what it is」「that's going on」の 二つの文から構成されているのでしょうか?それとも一つの文なのでしょうか? ◆質問2 itとthatの使い分けがよく分かりません。 例えば、上記の文は以下の文に置き換えることは可能でしょうか? what that is that's going on what it is it's going on what that is it's going on ご教授の程宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英文法です。

文法問題なのですが、イマイチ絞込みが出来ません。答えは恐らく(3) か(4)だとおもうのですが、違いがよくわかりません。アドバイスをよろしくお願いいたします。 It is likely that the meeting ( ) late. (1)goes on    (2)will go on (3)has gone on (4)is going to go on

• 英語の文法について

I wonder if she is happier that I'm not around anymore. この文の文法はどう考えればいいのでしょうか。比較級+thatの文法事項って、何かありましたか。どんな訳にやるのでしょうか。よろしくご指導お願いします。

• 文法

解答解説をしていただけないでしょうか。お願い致します。 1 “Did you enjoy the party?” “It was okay, but I'd rather () to a movie.” アgo イbe going ウhave gone エbeen gone 2 You can use a large plastic bottle, () cut off, as a pot to grow young plants in. アthe top is イthe top of which ウwhose top エwith its top 3 I asked her several questions, but she () not answer any of them. アmight イmust ウshould エwould 4 He would still be alive () he refused to go to the battlefield then. アif イhad ウprovided エunless 5 She did not look so () afraid as deeply suspicious. アwell イmuch ウbetter エmore 6 The weather was () that we had to stay indoors all day. アso much イsuch ウgreat エso 7 Human beings differ from other animals () they can use language. アat which イin that ウfor that エwith which 8 It is true that love is important. Still, money is () important. アmuch イlittle ウno more エno less 9 There is not one of us () wishes to help you. アwhom イwhose ウbut エas 10 This suitcase is very small. There () room in it. アisn't much イaren't any ウaren't much エisn't many 1 It appears () that he was a very famous musician in his youth. He appears () () () a very famous musician in his youth. 2 I hope you will not scold him because he did not come on time. I hope you will not scold him for () () come on time. 3 The rope wasn't very strong. It couldn't support him. The rope wasn't () () () support him. 4 I reminded her that health was important. I reminded her () the () of health. 5 We believe there was an accident at the corner two days ago. We believe () to () () an accident at the corner two days ago. 6 He worked hard;otherwise he would have failed. He worked hard;if () () () hard, he would have failed. 7 I said to him, “Don't speak until you are spoken to.” I told him () () () until () () spoken to.

• 英語の文法チェックしてください

Even after I came back to Japan from Australia. I still wanted to go study abroad again, so I was going to the American university after working for a yen in Japan. I had been fighting with homework everyday, I had sometimes regretted about coming to the USA, but I believed that everything is going to wonderful experience in my life in the future. so I did not lose my hope. From my experience both American life and Australia, I would like to know more about people all over the world. Everyone has different characteristics, and all of them are brilliant. so my dream is to be a businessman who works all over the world. That is why I would like to study an international Business. I am not a talented person, however, I can say one thing from bottom of my heart that I always do my best for achieving my goal. 英語の文法ミスおしえていただけないですか?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Amazonで購入したPC-N1335DALのキーボードが破損していました。NEC製品はアフターサービス対象外のため、保証を利用できるか不明です。
  • 保証書の「お買い上げ日」欄が空白のまま届いたため、自分で注文を確定した日を記入することができるか疑問です。
  • 購入したNECのPC-N1335DALのキーボードが破損しているため、アフターサービスを利用して修理する方法を知りたい。保証書の「お買い上げ日」欄が空白なので、自分で記入しても良いかどうかも教えてほしい。
回答を見る