• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

この訳を是非教えて下さい

英語初心者でなかなか文章の意味が理解できず苦労しております。 どうかご教示頂きたくよろしくお願い致します。 Well I've been flipping my instinct "the bird" recently, and putting it through a trial by fire. Let's say you always trust your instinct, well how do you it's always right if you always follow it? Shouldn't you sometimes "not follow it" just to see where it lead you? Then you can say yep, shoulda woulda coulda listened to it. Fadeaway

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数11
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7239)

こんなむつかしい英文を「初心者」の方が読まれるとは思えません。 私にはとてもむつかしく感じられます。 直観(本能?)を鳥にたとえて、その鳥を火による試練に遭わせてきた、と述べています(ここで既に何が言いたいのか、よく分りません)。 その直観(または本能)を信じてそれに従っていると、それが正しいものだということをどうして知ることができるだろうか。 時にはその導きに逆らってみて、それが正しい方向に向かわせるものであったかどうかを確かめることも必要じゃないか? その結果を見て、あぁやっぱりな、とか、そうすべきだったんだ、とかが分るんじゃないか? 訳したのではなくて、上記のようなことを言ってるのではないだろうかという印象を持った、という程度のもので、きちんと理解したわけではありません。 そういうふうに読む者もいるのか、という程度のご参考までに。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

早速のご回答をありがとうございます(T-T) なんとももや~としかわからなくって。 おかげでようやく大まかな意味を理解する事ができました。 本当に感謝です!ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 英訳の分からないところお願いします。

It is not putting it too strongly to say that shock reverberated throughout the teen community. It is not putting it.って何でしょうか。この両方のitは何を指してますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の質問です。これはどういう意味ですか?

And I always get excited when I see an email on my phone, but not unless it's from you...because.. well, do I have to say...

• 竹内まりやの~人生の扉~の英文の訳

お世話になります。 竹内まりやの「人生の扉」が大好きなのですが、 間に入っている英文の意味がどうしても知りたいのです。 日本語に訳していただけませんでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 I say it's fun to be 20 You say it's great to be 30 And they say it's lovely to be 40 But I feel it's nice to be 50 I say it's fine to be 60 You say it's alright to be 70 And they say still good to be 80 But I'll maybe live over 90 I say it's sad to get weak You say it's hard to get older And they say that life has no meaning But I still believe it's worth living But I still believe it's worth living

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **You could also say "I think movie making is very complicated." "Movie making" = the process of making a movie. I think you might be able to say this with other things too (cake making, song making etc.)... I'm not sure though. **"Only 3 months?" isn't technically a complete sentence, but a sentence like that is fine to write in a letter or to say while talking to someone. If you wanted to actually make it complete you could say "It only took you 3 months?" You probably knew all this anyway, but I wanted to clarify just in case. The only place where it would probably matter for you to make it a complete sentence is if you were writing an English paper. **"I have listened to it." is grammatically correct, but it's much more common to simply say "I have," if someone asks you if you've done something. Just like "Only 3 months?" though, "I have" is not a complete sentence. Again, it's probably not a big deal unless you're doing something where grammar is really important.

• この英語を誰か訳してくださいm(_ _)m

この英語を誰か訳してくださいm(_ _)m to be more informitive, It's like putting you down

• 指示代名詞thatについて

あるpodcastのスクリプトです。 “That” refers back to something that you have already talked about or understand. It might not always be something specific, as in the example I gave of a specific house. Someone may say, “Well, I’m going to go to Harvard University,” and you say, “Well, it isn’t that good of a school.” The “that” refers to perhaps schools that are better even though you don’t have a specific school in mind. ちなみに、3行目の“in the example”とは、以下の文章を補足しておきます。 “That” in a sentence refers back to something previous in the conversation or something that both of the people who are talking understand. For example you might say, “You know the house that we saw last week over in Santa Monica? Well, my brother’s house is that big.” It’s the same size. I’m referring first to something that we both understand or both know. When we use “so” in this sentence, we really mean “ 前置きがながくなりましたが、 質問は、“Well, it isn’t that good of a school.”という文章についてです。 その前の文章にthatはいつも明確な(specificな)ものを指すわけではないという説明が書いてあり、この場合のthatはschools that are betterの事をおそらく言うといっています。 既出の名詞の反復を避ける場合にthisやthatを使う時、それがspecificである時とそうでないことがあるという点は、納得というか,それはそれでいいのですが、 今回質問を投稿させてもらったのは、この “Well, it isn’t that good of a school.” と答えた意味(ニュアンス)をお聞きしたかったからです。 相手が、“Well, I’m going to go to Harvard University,” (私はハーバード大学に行くつもりです)と言ったので、“Well, it isn’t that good of a school.”と答えた。 もしもこのthatがschools that are betterとすると、答えた人は何を言いたかったのでしょうか。 「ハーバード大学(it)はそんな良い学校の一つではないよ」と、ハーバードだけが良い学校ではないと言いたいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• needless to sayの用法についてお尋ね

needless to sayの用法についてお尋ねします。 always miss you and needless to say I love you. このような用法が海外サイトであったのですが、needless to~構文は文中and後に 使用できるのでしょうか? ご説明よろしくお願いします。

• 英語のできるかた訂正をお願いしたいです

英語のできるかた訂正をお願いしたいです 急いでます>< I believe in gratitude. The spirit of language means mystic power of words affecting the real world that was mainly believed in ancient Japan. This I believe. Do you always say, “I’m sorry” to people around you when you are some wrong to them? Do you always say, “good bye or take care” to your friends? Do you always say, “thank you” to everyone when you have somebody doing for you? Which are you sides, always saying or not saying? Although these words are significant for people, I believe that gratitude is the most important word for me.

• Say you can find it in your heart to forgive.

以下の文章はNeil Gaimanの著書The Graveyard Bookに出てくる一節です.  The man drove to Acacia Avenue, parked in front of the house, then insisted on coming up to the front door with her. When the door was opened, he said, 'Frightfully sorry. I took the liberty of bringing your daughter back to you. Obviously, you taught her well, shouldn't accept lifts from strangers. But, well, it was raining, she took the wrong bus, wound up on the other side of town. Bit of a mess all around really. Say you can find it in you heart to forgive. Forgive her. And, um, me.'  上のSay you can find it in your heart to forgive.は直訳すると,「喜んで許すと言いなさい」ですが,文脈からすると「どうかお許しください」という意味になると思います.しかし,sayを辞書で引いても上のような丁寧表現は見当たりません.  もし,「どうかお許しください」という解釈が正しいとしたら,Say you can find it in your heart to forgive.という文のどの単語もしくはイディオムが丁寧表現の役割を果たしているのでしょうか?教えてください.よろしくお願いいたします.   (イディオム) take the liberty of doing 失礼ながら~する,(かまわないと思って)勝手に~する find it in one's heart to do ~する気になる,喜んで~する (全文の試訳)  男はアカシア通りまで車を走らせてスカーレットの家の前に止まると,玄関まで送らせてくださいとしつこくせがんだ.玄関のドアが開くと男はこう言った.「誠に申し訳ございません.失礼を承知で娘さんをお送りいたしました.お見受けしましたところ,知らない人の車には乗ってはならないと,本当によく言い聞かせてらっしゃるようですね.しかし,ええ,雨も降っていましたし,娘さんはバスをお間違えになって町の反対側までお着きになっていましたものですから.ちょっとした間違いは実によくあることです.どうかお許しください.娘さんを.それに,私,のことも」

• 和訳お願いいたします

By the way you should check out this song: "Knocked Up" by Kings of Leon We listened to it in the bus and it reminds me of you