overdoomとは?007の挿入歌If there was a manの歌詞の意味について教えてください

このQ&Aのポイント
  • overdoomとは何か、そして007の挿入歌If there was a manの歌詞の意味について教えてください。
  • If there was a manの歌詞で使われているmy moments overdoomedとは、自分の運命が暗いことや破滅的なことを意味しています。
  • HAPPY ENDINGS NEVER FIND ME、I PUT ALL MY FANTASIES AND HOPES OF LOVE BEHIND MEなどの歌詞は、過去の失恋や幻想的な恋愛への絶望を表現しています。そして、If there was a manとは、自分に愛を持ってくれる人を願う気持ちを表しています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

overdoom ってどういう意味

007 Living DayLights の挿入歌のIf there was a man の歌詞です。 以下のmy moment overdoomedってどう有意味ですか。 わたしの行く末は運命に逆らいとかみたいな意味になるのでしょうか 教えてください。 HAPPY ENDINGS NEVER FIND ME I PUT ALL MY FANTASIES AND HOPES OF LOVE BEHIND ME SAW MY MOMENTS OVERDOOMED BUT IF THERE WAS A MAN OUT THERE FOR ME I WISH IT WOULD BE SOMEONE WHO COULD LOVE ME TOO IF SOMEONE WAS YOU

• jokb
  • お礼率81% (105/129)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • zatousan
  • ベストアンサー率55% (156/282)
回答No.1

こんにちは、 そういう時はこうやって意味を探すのです。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ over- 【接頭】 1. 上方に 2. 限度を超えて、過度に ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://eow.alc.co.jp/over-/UTF-8/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ doomed 【形】 1. 運の尽きた、消える運命にある、絶望的な、万事終わりの、上がったりの ・I'm doomed. : ああ絶望的です。/もう破滅です。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://eow.alc.co.jp/doomed/UTF-8/ ∴OVERDOOMED=限度を超えて(/あまりにも/過度に)絶望的(/悲運/凶運) の意味になります。 >以下のmy moment overdoomedってどう有意味ですか。 このmomentは、opportunityの意味だと思います。 http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/moment (8番) 「(私の)チャンスがあまりにも絶望的」 ご参考までに

jokb
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。運が悪いという意味で理解しました。 男嫌いで恋愛してなかったけどあなただったら好きになれるし愛してもらえるという意味ですね。

関連するQ&A

• 意味がわからない部分があります

意味を教えて下さい I agreed to teach you a lesson. You should not threaten to break up with someone unless you really mean it. If you love me, you would not have aid that. I was very upset.

• There was something about the man (

There was something about the man ( )reminded me of someone I had met before. 1,that 2,what 3,whose 4,who という問題です。答えはwhoだと思ったのですが、訳がイマイチよく分かりません。 「私に、以前会った誰かを思い出させるその男性に関して何かあった。」ですか…? どういう意味なのでしょうか…(汗) 回答していただけるとありがたいです。

• この英文の意味するところを教えていただけませんか.

少し長くなりますが,前文がないと意味の取りようがないと思いますので,タイプします.次に挙げる文の前に,主人公は図書館に入って,余り興味を感じないギリシャ史の本を読もうとしていたが,そのうちうとうととしだしたと言う意味合いの記述が数行に渡ってあります. When I opened my eyes there was an old man sitting there opposite me. I hadn't heard him come in and I must have looked surprised at seeing him there, because he smiled and asked if it was all right for him to sit there. He was silent for a few minutes and then he began to talk. His long thin finger pointed to the book in front of me and he said that it was interesting. Of course I didn't argue with him, even though, I didn't really agree. But it soon became clear to me that he knew a lot about Greek history, for he started to tell me things that were in that book as if he'd written it himself. [ He made it sound as if those long-dead Greeks were part of today's world.] [ ] の前までの内容は分かるのですが,[ ]の部分がどういう状況を言っているのかよく分かりません.まったく自信はないのですが,礼儀として,私のあてすっぽの解釈を申し上げます.  「彼はそれら死んで久しくなるあのギリシャ人たちが,まるでこの世の一部分であるかのように…?」  it の内容とsound の訳し方が分かりません.辞書では一応当たってみましたが.また,long-dead Greeks の意味も自身はありません.全体的にはどういう状況を表現しているのでしょう.宜しくお願いします.

• along の意味

(痴漢をする男について)I was on the bus by myself. This same man came and sat beside me. He lifted his one arm and laid it along my hip. alongはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• so get at me when you can stay up love to here from you

サイトでメッセージをもらいました。でも意味がわかりません。この方はなんといっているのですか? i am looking for someone to chatt with i would love to come over there but it would be nice to know someone over there would love to here from you soon if i may ask this of you.so get at me when you can stay up love to here from you 自分なりにやると、私はチャットをやる人を探しています。私は遠いけど・・・・ すみませんが教えてください

• 意味を教えてください

I’m a college student who, a little over a month ago, broke it off with a guy I’d been in a relationship with for 10 months. There was no spark, and I felt like being single and exploring other options. My ex is completely, unabashedly in love with me still and has been taking it really hard. He calls and texts me constantly asking for me back. I’ve been broke lately, and I mentioned to him off-hand that I’m worried about funding my study abroad this summer. asking for me backとfunding my study abroadの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I went to high school with a bunch of privileged, wealthy assholes who grew up to be more of the same. I grew up to be someone who doesn’t take shit, and I feel like the chip on my shoulder that’s been there since I was 13 is what’s keeping me from breaking down right now. grew up to be more of the sameとdoesn’t take shitの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• setting

When my son told me they were getting engaged, I said that I would love it if they would accept the engagement ring that I received from my grandfather when I was 18. My grandfather gave me a diamond, which I put in a setting. ここでの settingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 洋楽で、

洋楽で、 Antony & The Johnsonsの「Hope There's Someone」です 和訳をお願いいたします!! Hope there's someone Who'll take care of me When I die, will I go Hope there's someone Who'll set my heart free Nice to hold when I'm tired There's a ghost on the horizon When I go to bed How can I fall asleep at night How will I rest my head Oh I'm scared of the middle place Between light and nowhere I don't want to be the one Left in there, left in there There's a man on the horizon Wish that I'd go to bed If I fall to his feet tonight Will allow rest my head So here's hoping I will not drown Or paralyze in light And godsend I don't want to go To the seal's watershed Hope there's someone Who'll take care of me When I die, Will I go Hope there's someone Who'll set my heart free Nice to hold when I'm tired

• And if that wasn’t bad enough, even

And if that wasn’t bad enough, even my boss got to know that and he now gives me a wide berth. And when I spoke about why he was particularly snubbing me, he told me that he didn’t want his employees to think there was anything going on between us! Could my life get any worse? ここのif that wasn't bad enough, の意味を教えて頂けますでしょうか。 また、give someone a wide berth という言い回しはネイティヴは普通に使う言葉ですか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。