• ベストアンサー

単語を調べてみたのですがわからないので教えてください!!

His mother, Rose, says that he has a "strong romantic and idealistic streak." ★romantic…空想小説的な、恋愛 ★idealistic…理想主義(者)の ★streak…筋

noname#93626
noname#93626
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • TinyPine
  • ベストアンサー率30% (719/2386)
回答No.1

彼の母、ローズは言った。彼はとっても空想家で、理想肌なのよ。

その他の回答 (1)

• tsutom06
  • ベストアンサー率20% (18/86)
回答No.2

streak・・・(~の)性質, たち, 傾向, ・・・な所, 気味。

関連するQ&A

• ロシアのクリミア侵攻

以下の文はロシアがクリミアに侵攻したことについて、プーチン大統領はなぜ侵攻したかについてある学者が答えていたものです。 “From his point of view, it would be a far more substantial legacy than the Sochi Olympics, which everybody has been talking about as something that he wanted to be his legacy. But to have brought Crimea back into the historical place that it has had in the fold of Mother Russia, I think he sees this as probably the single most important thing that he will accomplish as president.” 質問が3つあります。 1. as something that he wanted to be his legacy この部分の意味がよくわかりません。 2. But to have brought...は in order to have brought...と言うことなのでしょうか。それならなぜ現在完了の形になっているのでしょうか 3.  the historical place that it has had in the fold of Mother Russiaのitは何を指すのでしょうか。 以上解説をお願いいたします。

• この文はあってるでしょうか

When he was a child ,he would be scolded by his mother who said that he must not play with that kid.

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a mother of three children, but it's the oldest my husband and I worry about. When "John" went to college, he started drinking a lot. I asked him about it then, and he admitted that he might have a problem, but he did nothing about it. That was 10 years ago. He has had two DWIs since, and he drinks every day. I found out from his girlfriend that he actually gets into the shower with a beer in his hand. I recently noticed that the whites of his eyes are yellow, which I'm told is a sign of liver damage. We've tried talking with John, but he denies he has a problem. My daughter and her friends have gone out socially with John, and she says he is fun to be with, and then suddenly a switch flips and he yells and curses. gone out socially with Johnはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 単語を調べてみたのですがわからないので教えて下さい(><)!!

But Jack is so thin and has been so sick that when he comes late to the table, misses another meal, and disappears into the kitchen to have the cook serve him some food on the sly (hopefully with a lot of rich, fatty gravy), Rose looks the other way. ★disappear…消える、なくなる ★on the sly…ひそかに、こっそりと ★hopefully…願わくば、できれば ★fatty…油っこい ★gravy…肉汁(ソース) ★look the other way…顔をそむける、見て見ないふりをする

• これらの有名な構文で今はあまり使われてないのがあれば教えてください。

こんにちは。 下記の構文は、英文法の問題としてはよく見る有名なものなのですが、 これらは大昔のもので、今はあまり実際に使われていないんだよ、というものがあれば、教えてください。 (1)Hardly had he entered the office when he realized that he had forgotten his wallet. (2)No sooner had he entered the office than he realized that he had forgotten his wallet. (3)Not until he had come back home did John notice that he had left his wallet. (4)It was not until he had come back home that he noticed that he had left his wallet. (5)Not a day passed but my mother prayed for me.

• こちらも書き換えお願いします

次の英文を( )に当てはまるように書き換えてください お願いします こちらも至急です [1] He insists that they are innocent. → He insists ( )( ) being innocent. [2] He repents that he was idle in his youth. → He repents ( )( ) been idle in his youth. [3] He is ashamed that she ( ) her promise. → He is ashamed ( ) having broken her promise. [4] He was afraid that someone might oppose his plan. → He was afraid of ( )( ) his plan. [5] There was no doubt that he had heard the news. → There was no doubt of ( )( )( ) the news. [6] This bridge is not strong. The truck cannot cross it. → This bridge is not ( )( )( )( )( ) to cross. [7] They are discussing what they should do next. → They are discussing ( )( )( ) next. 基本的な問題ばかりですみません・・・

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

日本語に訳してください! お願いします。 There is something he has not been able to rise above. That will make him seem washed out, wearied, pallid faced when he speaks of past loves. He has a disposition, that is too yielding in love. Like his cold pale hands like water lily’s. Puts up with too much. Needs to draw strength from somewhere. He has a propensity for mysticism, occultism and spirituality tinged with romance. This can give strength make him look for love again, when the past seems gone. He has a hunger for a romantic atmosphere and wants the security of a strong love in his life, but also wants the dream of love. The world is not enough for this man..

• 和訳お願いします!

Medical office denies gunman's allegation THe Nevada medical office where a gunman killed one docotor and shot another before commiting suicide says it has completed an internal review of his care and treatment and found no basis for his claims he was the victim of a botched vasectomy that “ruined his life"

• よろしくお願いします

My husband of 26 years told me he wants his ex-girlfriend back in his life as his “No. 2” partner. He doesn’t like me very much and says I make him miserable at times. He has a long list of complaints about me. I want out but he doesn’t. I want outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします

Andrew Jackson, deputy head of security at Novartis in Basel, Switzerland, says that industry is also being affected. On 9 February, Novartis’s offices in Barcelona were vandalized during a protest, and Jackson says that there has been an overall increase in both legal demonstrations and illegal acts. “We’ve had to increase the security of some of our facilities in Europe,” he says. Novartis says that incidents outside the United States and United Kingdom rose by nearly 50% last year to 97. There have been 15 events so far this year. Jackson believes that the protests and criminal acts are being fuelled in part by British activists travelling abroad. “There is a perception that EU law enforcement has something of a soft touch,” he says. Jackson says that he has noticed a correlation between availability of budget flights to Basel and extremist activity. “It makes for a fun weekend,” he notes wryly. But not everyone agrees that the British crackdown is behind increased activity elsewhere in Europe. Activists do occasionally go abroad to protest, says Amanda Richards, a spokesperson for SPEAK, an animal-rights group based in Northampton, UK, which has led a campaign against a primate laboratory at Oxford University (see Nature 438, 716; 2005). But she believes that the rise in Europe is due primarily to rising awareness on the continent. “It’s mainly people is the countries themselves,” she says. SPEAK has been contacted by several individuals and groups in Europe who want to organize events against animal testing, she adds. Janseen says that in the Netherlands at least, the government now appears to be taking animal-rights extremism more seriously. On 12 February, the Dutch parliament passed a motion to support the use of animal testing and condemning extremist acts. Janseen says that he hopes the motion will be followed by more rigorous law enforcement. よろしくお願いします^^;