• ベストアンサー

否定の命令文に、「そうすれば」や「さもなくば」をつけるには?

例えば ためらうな。そうすれば君は成功するだろう。 という文章は Don't hesitate and yol'll succeed. Don't hesitate or yol'll succeed. どっちが正しいでしょうか? 同じように そんなに食べるな。でないと太るよ。 というのは Don't eat that much and you'll get fat. Don't eat that much or you'll get fat. のどっちが正しいでしょうか? もっともこっちは Don't eat that much otherwise you'll get fat. というのもいけそうですが。

• licor
  • お礼率66% (79/119)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

A and B は A と B がともに起きる ということです。 A が否定文であれば,否定の内容も含めて,A という事象が起きるということです。 したがって, Don't hesitate, and you'll succeed. の方が正しくなります。 同様に,or の場合も,否定の内容も含めて,「そうでなければ」ですので, Don't eat that much, or you'll get fat. の方が正しくなります。 and, or の前にコンマが必ずいるとも言われますが,そうとも限りません。 otherwise の場合はあった方がいいでしょう。

licor
質問者

お礼

お二人ともありがとうございました。 疑問がすっきりしました。

その他の回答 (1)

• elks12
  • ベストアンサー率42% (9/21)
回答No.1

Don't hesitate and yol'll succeed. が正しいと思います。 andは、そうすれば、orはさもなければ、という意味を持ちます。 でないと太るよ、の文。 otherwiseがベストな気がします。 長期留学経験ありですが、otherwiseはかなり使用頻度が高かった記憶があります。

licor
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• The 比較級 ~~, の文法と "that"

英語の文法の、The 比較級 ~~, the 比較級 ~~. の形の文の質問です。 現在、 1. The more money "that" the city allows into circulation, the greater the risk of inflation. という文において、ここに"that"を入れても構わない(もしくは、入れる必要がある)理由がわからず悩んでいます。 現在勉強に使っている文献によるとこのthatが入っていることは文法上問題ないとのことなのですが、その理由が今一つわかりません。 例えば 2. The more money you put in, the more return you get. 3. The more you eat, the more you get fat. という文は合っていますが、 4. The more money that you put in, the more return you get. 5. The more that you eat, the more you get fat. という、"that"を入れた文は合っている、ということなのでしょうか? 1, 4, 5のいずれの場合においても、thatを入れるのは不自然な感じがしてしまいます。これはどのように考えればいいのでしょうか…?

• 嫌な文を貰いました

奇妙なメールを貰ったのですが自分なりに訳しましたがきちんと訳せません。この文を書いたのが本当に知り合いの彼なのかどうかは分りませんがこれです。教えて下さい You call me baby and all that other stuff but I don't really get why you say those things when you have never held my hand, kissed my lips or even hugged me! And I am so confused at times! DO you want to be my girlfriend because I can't tell! I know you said that you live in @@@. and I look at @@@ every day from my boat! It isn't far at all! In matter of fact, it isn't more than an hour a way! So I am wondering what is going to happen when I get back on the 14th! What can you tell me! Can you give me an explanation or an answer??? Please don't get mad at me for feeling like this but how would you feel if you have been talking to someone for a little while. And you are new to there country, and you are all they think about but you have never seen that person or never held that person or never even eaten dinner with that person. But every day they call you BABY! You would want to know what's going on, RIGHT? You would think is this person playing with your emotions! This person must be a PLAYER or a PIMP!! Can you email with an answer today at least! That is all I ask!!! And you got a car too! A drive from @@@ isn't far either!! Come on now,

• 最も適切な和訳は??

以前、僕の学校のALTが学校を去られる際に僕の学年全員に共通の手紙を書いてくださったんです。 そこで、僕は英語が好きな身ですから前文和訳に挑戦してみたのですが、ひとつ、よく意味のわからないところがありました。 「You all try hard and put in lots of effort even when you think it's hard. So don't worry or be nervous of or when you make mistakes that's how we learn! So just keep trying if you want to learn,you will,it'll take practice and don't get stressed!」 上の文章の"So just keep"~"don't get stressed!"の部分です。 そのなかでも、"you will,it'll"の適訳が全く分かりません。 技能不足で非常に申し訳なく思っておりますが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。

• この部分の意味がわかりません

Don't want to hurt you.. And that is exactly what I think is happening between us. You want so much more and I just can't give you or anybody what they need and deserve until I am able to give me what I need. I worry and Oren get stressed worrying about hurting you 特にAnd that is exactly what I think is happening between us. の部分はどう訳せばいいのでしょうか?

• 和訳お願いします。

One Saturday Tom takes Jiro to a food court for lunch. A:Wow! What a big place! You can find almost anything here, can't you? B:Yeah. But you're probably going to order a hamburger, aren't you? A:Just a minute.Yeah, I'll have a hamburger, two pieces of pizza, a tuna sandwiches and strawberry ice cream. B:Hey! Take it easy! You're not going to have all that for lunch, are you? A:Yeah. Maybe you're right. I'll just have two cheeseburgers, two pieces of pizza and a banana split. B:You'll get fat if you eat like that. In fact, you'll get fatter and fatter and won't be able to get into the plane when you have to go back to Japan. A:OK,OK! Just one cheeseburger with French fries, a hot dog with ketchup and mustard and a large cola float. Of course, everything was much larger than in Japan. The cheeseburger was almost bigger than the plate, the hot dog was a foot long, and the cola float was a giant. A was able to finish everything, but he didn't want any dinner that evening. The next time he didn't order so much. He didn't want to become the fattest boy in New York.

• Ifを使った書きかえ問題なんですが

Ifを使った書きかえ問題なのですが、 2つの答えを思いついてしまいまして、 どちらが良い答えなのか分からず困っています。 どちらが良い答えなのか、 或いは、さらに良い答えがあるのでしたら 教えて頂ければ幸いです。 Speak a little more slowly, or I can't follow you.  If you speak a little more slowly, I can follow you.  If you don't speak a little more slowly, I can't follow you. Keep your promise, or you'll lose your friends.  If you keep your promise, you'll not lose your friends.  If you don't keep your promise, you'll lose your friends. In an emergency, don't panic, or you may get into bigger trouble.  If you panic in an emergency, you may get into bigger trouble.  If you don't panic in an emergency, you may not get into bigger trouble.

• 会話文 正答が正しいかどうか?

国家公務員採用試験の英語出題について、模範正答に納得できないのでみなさんに質問致します。 問い)次のAとBの会話文の(   )に入る文として、最も適切なものは(1)~(5)のどれか。 A : What happened? You don't look fine. B : I feel sick. A : Did you eat anything bad? B : (                  ) (1) : Yes, I didn't eat bad food. (2) : No, thank you. I don't want to eat anything. (3) : Yes, I am good at cooking. (4) : No, I drank too much wine. (5) : Yes, you did. 取り寄せた正答は(4)になっています。  この正答で間違いないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 四択問題

You [       ] not to eat between meals: It'll make you fat. 1. need 2. ought 3. should 4. must 答えは2番なのですが、3や4でない理由を教えてください。

• 英訳

こんばんは。英語の初心者です。 わかりやすい解説頂けますと 助かります。 宜しくお願いします。 I avoid eating too much fat or drinking too much alcohol. 脂肪の多すぎるものや多量のアルコールはとりません。 と言う文になっています。 なぜandではなくorなのですか? 違うサイトで Do you have any brothers or sisters? とはなりません。 必ずandを使い下記のようになりますと。記されていました Do you have any brothers and sisters? しかし私の勉強しているテキストにはorで記されています。 どちらが正しい使い方でしょうか………

• 譲歩表現でしょうか。

下記の英文について、よくわからない点があるので質問させて頂きます。 【背景】 孫を熱望する父親が Bourbon 家に嫁いだ娘に対して言った台詞です。 【英文】 Don't make me wait too long for a grandson, or, woman that you are and Bourbon that you may be, I'll take the rod to you. woman that you are and Bourbon that you may be の部分がよくわかりません^^;「~であれ、~であれ」という譲歩表現のひとつなのでしょうか。持っている参考書を一通り見てみましたが、わかりませんでした>< お手数かけますが、ご教示頂けまると幸いです。 何卒よろしくお願いいたします。