• 締切済み

進行形

私は彼が何を言っているのか分からない。 という日本語を英語にするにはどちらが正しいですか I do not understand what he says. 「~ている」にちょっと引っかかりますが、こっちのほうがいいですよね。 I do not understand what he is saying. 「~ている」には答えていますが、これ、進行形にする動詞なのですか。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

google で見ると後者の使用例が圧倒的に(40倍)多い。これは日本語の「ている」とは関係なく、そういうシチュエーションが多いということでしょう。今目の前で言いつつあることがよく聞き取れない、言っている意見がわからないという場合と、もっと客観的に彼の意見は理解しがたい、というニュアンスの違いなのでしょうね。

noname#82995
noname#82995
回答No.1

どちらも正解です。場合により使い分けます。 現在形は習慣を表しますから、(いつも)私は彼が何を言っているのか分からない。 下のような現在進行形を使うと、今彼が話している状態にあって、それが理解できないとなります。

関連するQ&A

• whatの名詞節を目的語にしている?

I cannot understand what he says. このwhat he saysは名詞節ですよね? 他動詞understandの目的節になっているんですか?

• What should I be saying?はどういう意味ですか。

What should I be saying?はどういう意味ですか。 What should I say?とどう違うのでしょうか。 日本語に訳すとどちらも「私は何を言うべきなのか?」というふうになりそうですが、 この2文にはどのようなニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? また、<助動詞+進行形>はどのような時に用いるのでしょうか? ご存知の方、よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳合ってますか??

「あなたの言っていることが分かりません。」 を英訳するとき、 「I can't understand what you say.」 で合ってますか? やっぱり、「言っていることが」が進行形なので、 「I can't understand what you are saying.」 になるのでしょうか?

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

言うまでもないことのようだが、ナポレオンの言ったことの意味はやりたいと思ったことは 必ず成し遂げてみせる」ということで、文字通りどんなことでもできるということではなかっただろう。 Needless to say, the meaning of Napoleon's saying is not literally that he can achieve everything but actually that he make the best to surely achieve what he wants to do. 意外と やりたいと思ったことは必ず成し遂げてみせる でつまづきました。 英語→日本語にしてみても、ちょっと違和感を感じますがどうでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 二文同意について教えてください

He was a poet rather than a sholar. =he was not ( ) mush a scholar ( )a poet Iam sure that be will succeed, =I am sure of ( )( ) You will soon understand wha I'm saying =It will not be ( )( )you understand what I'm saying. It seems that he was late for the meeting. =He seems to ( ) ( ) Late foe the meeting. Do you mind if open the window? =Do you mind ( )( ) the window? お願いします!!

• 進行形

( )から適切な語を選び文を完成させよう (1)Mrs.Kato(are/is)making breakfast Mike. (2)Mike(aren't/isn't)sleeping. He(are/is)washing his face. (3)(Are/Do)you listening to me? Of course,I(am/do). (4)Hello,this is Saori. What(am/are/is)you doing? Hi,Saori. I(am/are/is)watching TV. お願いします!

• 言いたいことわかってもらえたかなぁ

自分の言いたいことが伝えたいニュアンスで伝えられているかがわからないことがたくさんあります。そういうときに、以下のようなことが言いたいのですが、どういう言い方がいいかわからないので教えてください。 一応自分でも考えてみました。よろしくお願いします。 「(英語が正しいかわからないけど)私の言いたいことわかってもらえた?」 Does it make sense?は使えますか? Do you understand what I'm saying? やGot itとかは、私の英語力からするとおこがましい気がしてしまいます。 「こんな言い方で伝わったのかなぁ?」 I wonder if I was able to express exactly what I want to say. 「英語でこういう言い方するのかどうかわからないけど・・・」 I'm not sure if you put it this way in English though.

• 日本語に訳して下さい

日本語に訳して下さい。 So, I'm doing a project for my Japanese class. I have to interview a Japanese person, ask him a few questions, write down what he says, and then write a short report. There are two answers he gave that I could not understand. Could you help me type out what he answered? 以上です。宜しくお願いします!

• 動詞は、なんなのでしょうか?

I won't him saying such things about her. 「彼女のことで 彼にそのようなことを言わせるわけにはいかない。」 won't って will + notですよね、 したくない意思 としても saying にするために won't の後に続きそうな動詞が抜けている文なのでしょうか? それとも これはこういう文で、 What do you say to ~動名詞?のような 文?   動詞なくいきなりhim sayingになっているのでわかりません。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英文読解

この話の落ち(punch line)がわかりません。どなたか教えてください。 “A Mystery” “Something is very wrong,” says the detective. “I know!” says Ms. Gervis. “It is wrong that someone has stolen from me!” The detective looks around Ms. Gervis’ apartment. “That is not what I am talking about, ma’am. What is wrong is that I do not understand how the robber got in and out.” Ms. Gervis and the detective stand in silence. Ms. Gervis’ eyes are full of tears. Her hands are shaking. “The robber did not come through the window,” says the detective. “These windows have not been opened or shut in months.” The detective looks at the fireplace. “The robber did not squeeze down here.” The detective walks to the front door. He examines the latch. “And since there are no marks or scratches, the robber definitely did not try to break the lock.” “I have no idea how he did it,” says a bothered Ms. Gervis. “It is a big mystery.” “And you say the robber stole nothing else?” asks the detective. “No money, no jewelry, no crystal?” “That’s right, detective. He took only what was important to me,” Ms. Gervis says with a sigh. “There is only one thing I can do now.” “And what is that?” the detective asks with surprise. “I will stop baking cakes,” Ms. Gervis says. “They are mine to give away. They are not for someone to steal.” “You can’t do that!” says the detective with alarm. “Who will bake those delicious cakes?” “I am sorry. I do not know,” says Ms. Gervis. “I must solve this case immediately!” says the detective.