• 締切済み

受け取った英文のemailの意味??

以前、私の学校に短期留学してた友達からのメールです。Jokeの話をしている時でした。 here's a joke "You've Got Mail" A man was sitting on his porch one afternoon when he noticed that his neighbor, a blonde, went out to her mailbox, opened it, and returned to her home empty handed. About five minutes later, he saw the blonde again. She checked the mailbox and once again, returned to her house empty handed. She did this two more times before the man decided to ask her about it. "Why do you keep coming out to your mailbox every five minutes?" the man asked. "Because," replied the blonde, "my computer keeps telling me that I've got mail!" do you get it? sa,ima anata wa watashi no joodan naka nihongo hanamasu ka? (well,now you tell me a joke in japenese?) in romanji to see if i can translate it? 訳してみせるから私に別のジョークを日本語で言ってみてって言ってるのかな?それとも彼女の言葉を?ちょっと自信がないので手助けしていただけますか?

• twink
  • お礼率7% (10/142)
  • 英語
  • 回答数8
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

noname#154250
noname#154250
回答No.8

なんかすごい前の質問のようですが、締め切られてないようなので補足しちゃいますね。 この手のjokeはblonde jokeと言います。英語ではblonde女性は頭が悪い、という軽い偏見があって(マリリン・モンローやパメラ・アンダーソンのような金髪でアホっぽい女性)、blondeをネタにしたジョークがたくさんあります。googleで「blonde joke」というキーワードで検索してみてください。 ただ、このメールでジョークの中身と、その後の日本語には直接関連ないようですね。 >sa,ima anata wa watashi no joodan naka nihongo hanamasu ka? (well,now you tell me a joke in japenese?) in japaneseを、naka nihongoと直訳してしまったのでしょう。in=中ですからね。同じようにtell=話すとして、hanasemasu→間違えてhanamasu。tell meならwatashi niですが、watashi noになってしまった、そんなところだと思います。 彼女の意味することは「別の日本語のジョークを教えて、訳してみせるから。」まず、そういっていいでしょう。もうお返事したと思いますが。。。

• yukick
  • ベストアンサー率33% (3/9)
回答No.7

"メールがきたよ" 男は昼過ぎ、ポーチに座っていると、隣人のブロンドがポストを確認し、手ぶらで家に入っていくのが見えた。 5 分後、彼はブロンドをまた見た。 彼女はポストをまた確認し、手ぶらで戻っていった。 彼女がそれを何度も繰り返すので、男は "あなたはなぜ5 分おきにでてくるのか" 尋ねた。 ブロンドはこういった。 "コンピュータが私にメールが来たわよっていいつづけるんだもの!” 適当に日本語に訳してみたのですが…訳すとこんな感じですね。 う~ん、何かいまいち笑えない…文字よりも口で言ったほうが笑えるかな? それとも、私がお笑いの本拠、関西人だからかな??

• octfest
  • ベストアンサー率36% (32/88)
回答No.6

「訳してみせるから私に別のジョークを日本語で言ってみてって言ってるのかな?」 とありますが、それでほぼ正解です。一つだけ直すとすれば、「訳してみせるから」を、「訳せるかどうか試したい」(訳してみてどんなふうになるのか知りたいという感じも含めて)にします。 ちなみに、"You've Got Mail"の冗談を完全に理解できましたか?もし、できていないのなら説明します。

twink
質問者

補足

何度もポストを確認する彼女(ブロンド)に彼が理由を尋ねたところどうやら彼女は電子メールと郵便を勘違いしてた、ってことですね?

回答No.5

話の流れを理解していないので憶測なのですが、 先方の方が"You've Got Mail."という英語のジョークを言ってきて 「このジョーク、わかる?」と聞いているように思います。 それでもって、「次はあなたにアルファベットのローマ字で書いた日本語のジョークを書いて送ってくれる?私がそれを英語で訳せれるかどうか試してみたいから。」と言っているように思いました。 つまり、外国語を学ぶにも、お互いに自国のジョークを自国の言葉で紹介しあって、それを訳したりしながら楽しく勉強しない?っていう提案なのではないかと感じました。いかがでしょうか?

twink
質問者

補足

相手の言いたいことがはっきり理解できず私も自信がなかったのでそんなかんじで返事をかえしたところです。いろいろありがとうございました

• kasu3kou
  • ベストアンサー率7% (1/13)
回答No.4

Jokeの話のやり取り(前後関係)等がわからないのであくまで想像ですが 短期留学のお友達は外国の方ですか?日本語ももちろん勉強されていたのですよね。"You've Got Mail"という(私の)英語のジョークというか小話を、(あなた)日本語に訳してみてネ。くらいのメールだと思います。

twink
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。その前は、”アメリカ人はジョークが好きだって話を聞いたんだけどところであなたのジョークためしに聞かせてみてよ”って私がメールを送ったんです。そしてこれは彼女からの答えです。

• ベストアンサー率43% (19/44)
回答No.3

間違っているかもしれませんが… tell me a joke と my や the でないので、「私の冗談」ではない と思います。

twink
質問者

補足

どっちなんでしょう。。私もそこらへんで迷ってます。。

• wncek
  • ベストアンサー率27% (55/200)
回答No.2

何となく雰囲気的には、「あなたは私のジョークを日本語(ローマ字)で話せますか?」と聞いているように感じます。文章としてはハッキリと何のジョークかということが書いていないのですが、ローマ字で書いてある文章は、「さあ、あなたは、私の冗談を naka nihonngo (in Japanese)で、hanamasu ka? (話せますか?)」だと思います。

• ベストアンサー率43% (19/44)
回答No.1

恐らく、ご友人はあなたに英語でジョークを教えてあなたがそのジョークがわかるか聞いたので、 今度はあなたがご友人に日本語で教えたジョークを理解(英訳)できるかトライしたいのでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• この英文はどんな意味でしょう?

She said it's not a grudge you did wrong to her. よろしくお願いいたします。

• この英文を訳していただきたいです

A: you bring new aspects to her. and with movie it's like... B: She doesn't bring nuances. it was perfect. Let me just say that we have had a lot of her love today. okey? So i'd glod to get some. A: And then we see her evolving into his leadership role. But we also see you evolving more and more as we see you onscreen... B: Well...Do we?

• ショートジョークなんだと思うのですが意味が分かりません。

A blonde woman goes into an electronic store. She goes to an elrctronic store to buy a TV. She looks around and she calls over the salesperson. She says to the salesperson, "Excuse me, I'd like to buy this TV." But the salesperson says, "I am sorry, but we do not sell to blondes, blonde women." and she is angry and she leaves the store. And the next time she comes back. She is wearing a black wig on her head. and she calls over the salesperson and she says to the sales person, "Excuse me, but I would like to buy this TV." and the salesperson says, "I'm sorry ma'am, but we do not sell to blondes." and she is angry again and she leaves the store for the third time. Finally, she comes back, this time she is wearing a red wig, dark sunglasses, a totally different dress and she says to the salesperson, "Excuse me, I want to buy this TV." and the salesperson says, "I am sorry,but we don't sell to blondes." and she says, "well, how do you know I am a blonde?" and he says, "well ma'am, you are not looking at a TV, you are looking at a microwave." 「ブロンドの方には売れません。」「どうして私がブロンドだと知っているの?」「あなたが見ているのはTVではありません。電子レンジです。」だと思うのですが、BlondeとMicrowaveのひっかかり7意味が分らないのです。これってジョークなんでしょうか?

• 教えて下さい。

訳を教えて下さい。 At the end of the race, she looked over to the crowd. Then she jogged to her friend who was holding the flag high. He handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. She ran 50m holding that flag.This was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people. 訳:レースが終わって彼女は観衆の方を見渡した。その時、彼女は国旗を高く持つ友人のとこへゆっくり走った。彼は…。彼女は国旗を握って50m走った。これは彼女の誇りでもある宣言で…。 特にHe handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. とThis was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people.の訳し方が分からないので教えて下さい。お願いします。

• 次の英文の解釈を教えてください

I found her crying when I returned to the place where she was. という文章ですが、<>を副詞節のカッコ、[]を名詞節のカッコとすると、 I found her crying <when I returned to the place <where she was>>. と解釈するのが普通(?)ですが、僕はふと、the placeを省略できるのでは?と思いました。省略すると、 I found her crying <when I returned to [where she was]>. として、returned toのtoの前置詞の目的語として、名詞節として解釈すると、文法的に成り立つことはできるのではないのでしょうか?

• 意味を・・

"Did you see the way she ignored you? I'm sorry but that is no way to treat a man of your compassion." no way to treat a man of your compassion のところがよくわかりません・・

• この英文の意味を教えてください

英語が得意な方 Take to the open road Just to see where it takes you この英文を訳していただきたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 意味を教えてください

Q. Making a financial plan with and for mom: My mother is a freelancer whose flow of work has dropped precipitously, from steady as recently as five years ago, to practically nil in 2017. She inherited some money and that floated her for a little while, but now she’s putting things on credit cards. Help! She has already declared bankruptcy twice. She is kind of at the end of her rope, as drained emotionally as she is financially. She lives in an expensive part of the country. I have encouraged her to move to my city, which is considerably less expensive. She is considering it, but reluctant. How do we start to make an actual plan? I’m not rich but I’m steadier than she is right now, financially speaking. I don’t want to wait until things get any worse, and she gets into even more debt. Any advice is appreciated! A: There are certainly ways you can be helpful to your mother, but the responsibility for making “an actual plan” lies with her, not with you. You can’t want financial stability for her more than she does. She’s already declared bankruptcy twice, which is obviously far from ideal, but also suggests that she knows what to do when her financial outlook is especially bleak. Encourage her to see a financial adviser, to reduce costs wherever possible (including moving to a less expensive city, although not necessarily yours), to seek more stable work, and to look into social services her age may soon qualify her for. Consider now (rather than when she faces an emergency) how much money, if any, you are willing to give her to help meet her expenses, and whether your own budget will survive if she never pays you back, especially since it seems unlikely that she ever could. Everyone has different values when it comes to giving family members money, so I’m not going to tell you that you absolutely should or shouldn’t. But it’s better to have a plan in mind before things get dire. The important thing to remember is that your mother is an adult with resources that extend beyond you. an adult with resources that extend beyond youの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文添削のお願い

下記英文の添削をお願いいたします。 部分的でも結構ですので、よろしくお願いします。 1st of all, I have to tell you our rule. Needless to say, you must not drink an alcohol, smoke a tabaco. You have to go to bed by 24. You try to be living room without sleeping and a study. Off course, we want you to help as my family. Why don’t you fold a laundry with her. As she don’t often try to do it, it is also your roll that what make her do it with you. It is hard task. Do you ask me anything.

• Fortuneteller

宜しくお願いします。 下記文章はアメリカンジョークですが、 どこが面白いのか、ピンときません。 笑い所を教えてください。 Fortuneteller A man was wandering around a fairground and he happened to see a fortuneteller's tent. Thinking it would be good for a laugh, he went inside and sat down. "Ah....." said the woman as she gazed into her crystal ball."I see you are the father of two children." "Some fortuneteller," scoffed the man, "I'm the father ofTHREE children." The woman grinned and said, "That's what YOU think!