• 締切済み

stand by oneself で「自立する」と言えるの?

「自立する」と言いたいときに、いろいろな言い方があると思いますが、satnd by oneself と言えるのでしょうか。例えば、Parents should help their children stand by themselves.など。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

みんなの回答

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.4

下記はgoogleで見つけたBBC Newsの記事で模型のミニボートを作っている人の写真の辺りに記載されてます。 ”They want to stand by themselves・・・” と言っています。記事を読んでみれば分かりますが、彼らは津波の後、観光客が来なくなって生活が出来ない。自立したいが、問題は如何して自立するかである・・・と修道院長が言っています。天下のBBCの記事は、は少なくとも、数名の編集者が目を通した後で掲載されます。自信を持って Parents should help their children stand by themselves. を使ってください。 BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Thais find new ways to survive - [ このページを訳す ] "They want to stand by themselves, but now the problem is how to stand by themselves," the abbot said. "They are fishermen. They can make a boat, but they can't go fishing. If they make a toy boat and maybe sell it to those well- wishers ...

参考URL:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4305325.stm
kashshimi
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。使っても自然なんですね。参考になりました。

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.3

易しい単語・熟語を使って Parents should help their children care for themselves. stand by oneself 使うのならまー良いとは思いますが、 stand up by oneself の方がかなりよろしいかと思います。

kashshimi
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。使えるんですね。

• purunu
  • ベストアンサー率42% (518/1214)
回答No.2

「自立する」の日本語の意味には、たとえば、 「その鏡は自立している」(=他の物によりかかっていない) があります。その場合は、The mirror stands by itself. といえます。

kashshimi
質問者

お礼

あーなるほど。よく分かりました。ありがとうございました。

• motooone
  • ベストアンサー率50% (226/452)
回答No.1

私は聞いた事がありません。 勉強不足かもしれませんが。 一般的ではないことは確かだと思いますよ。

kashshimi
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。やっぱりそうですよね。

関連するQ&A

• help +Oの次の形について

次の文を下のように言い換えられるのでしょうか? Parents should help their children become independent. 1) Parents should help their children in order to become independent. 2)Parents should help their children so that they can become independent. いずれの場合も子供たちが「何をする」のを手助けすのかが言ってないのでおかしいような気がするのですが、いかがでしょうか?

• 自立するを英語で など

次の日本語を英語にしなさい、という問題で以下のことについてお聞きしたいことがあります。よろしくお願いします。 ↓ 「子供ができるだけ早く自立できるよう手助けすることは大切だ。しかし、これは、子供を手放したがらない多くの日本の母親にとっては難しい」解答例は一番下に書きました。 to be emotionally dependent on の部分の不定詞の副詞用法の意味がわからないのです。副詞用法だというのはわかります。また、(be) emotionally dependent on は「精神的に~に依存している」という意味。 解答例以外で私が考えたものです。間違っていると思います。 It is important to help your children live on their own as eary as thay can. However, it is believed that it is difficult to let go of your children, because there are many japanese mothers, who who are reluctant to.[unwilling to ] 自立するように手助けする は help your children become independent of your parents と考えました。 子供を手放すとは、give up childとも言うそうです refuse to do ~するのを嫌がる difficult that とは英語では言えません。 解答例 Helping children to learn to stand on their own (two) feel is important but seems to be difficult for most Japanese mothers, because they like thier children to be emotionally dependent on them. 質問ですが、また英語で書く、話すという場面で、「自立する」とどういえばいいですか?「子供を親が自立させる」とか、「親に依存しないようにがんばる」とか、よく使われる言葉だと思います。何を選んだらいいのかよく理解できていません。 スペルミスはないと思います。もしかしたら補足もあるかと思いますが、ご一緒に問題を考えていただけたら幸いです。

• 英作文で質問があります

学問は、親の期待にこたえるためよりも、自分自身のために励むべきだ。 A person should concentrate on their studies for themselves, not in order to live up to their parents' expectations. 問題と解答例は上記で、幾つか疑問などがありました。 (1) なぜ not の位置がここなのか。 in order not to ではないのかと思いました。 (2) 主語が A person で始まっているのに、なぜ their や themselves で受けているのか。 (3) (1)の not の位置とも関係してくるのですが、もし、この英文を二文に分けたらどうなるのか。 A person should not concentrate on their studies in order to live up to their parents' expectations. They should do for themselves. こうなるとすれば、 in order not to では意味合いがおかしくなるの は分かります。 分かる方がいらっしゃいましたらよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の添削お願いします。

課題文:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people should start to live on their own and become indepentent of their parents as early as possible.Give reasons to support your opinion. 解答: (1)I think young people should start to live on their own and become independent of their parents as early as possible. (2)I think so because,when they start working they will have to do everything by theirselves.Their parents won't help them any more.If they are not independent of their parents,they cannot work. (3)Second, if they start to live on their own,they will know that doing houseworks such as making meals,cleaning rooms is hard work. (4)And the most important reason is that,when they have their children,they have to teach their children a lot of things by them selves.If they are not indepentent of their parents,they can't raise their children properly. (5)I have friends who live on their own.They are doing everything by theirselves,so they look confident. (6)With above reasons I think young peole should start to live on their own and becomeindependent of their parents.約150words,30分 TOEFL対策の問題です。 後々読み直してみると、 firstがないのにsecondを使ったり、 一番大事な理由を述べているパラグラフの位置が中途半端だったり、 無駄にパラグラフを多くしてしまった点がよくなかったように思います。 文章構成・表現・文法なんでも稚拙な部分が多くあると思うので直したほうがよい所やアドバイスがあったらぜひ教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語に訳してくださいm(_ _)m

日本語に訳してくださいm(_ _)m Independence is the reason why parents let their babies feed themselves as soon as they can and begin to make decisions for themselves almost as soon as they can talk. Most American parents feel that they have done their job well if their children are able to live on their own in their twenties. よろしくお願いします。

• 英作の添削お願いします

Do you think that parents should pressure their children to compete ? Write a passage of 5 sentence in English. この問いに対する私の英作です。 I think that parents should not pressure there children to compete. Parhaps children began to compete something, provided children like it. But If parents gives exceeding pressure their children to compete, children come to dislike it. Even if they like it. The best way that parents only keep watch children. Therefore, children began to compete even whithout pressure. 私はよくないと思う。おそらく好きだったら自分で競争しはじめる。しかし、もし親が重圧をかけるぎると嫌いになってしまう。たとえそれが好きなことであっても。一番いいのは見守ることだ。それゆえ、プレッシャーをかけなくても・・・・ みたいな事が書きたかったのですが。 添削よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• studies showed that certain nature

studies showed that certain nature scenes can, within five minutes of being viewed,foster more positive feelings and promote beneficial changes, such as lower blood pressure and 副詞節のbeing viewedってどういった文法なのでしょうか?viewって名詞でも使われているようですので within five minutes of view では駄目なのでしょうか? The parents educate their children. 上記英文を名詞化すると下記のようになると文法書にあったのですが、何をどうすると下記のようになるのでしょうか? education by the parents of their children. education of their children by the parents. どちらか一方でもよいので教えて下さい。お願い致します。

• 英文の言い換え問題です!

英文の言い換え問題です! 1)My mother requested that I go shopping. →My mother (requested) (me) (to) (go) (shopping). 2)He saw the cat run out of the kitchen. →The cat was seen (it) (runs) out of he kitchen by him. 3)He told me that I should read the paragraph aloud. →He told () () () the paragraph aloud. 4)The parents made their sons paint the fence white. →Their sons () () () (paint) the fence (write) (by) the parents. 5)My parents permitted me to drive their car. →My parents () () () their car. 6)You are very kind to help me. →It is very kind (to) (you) () help me. 空欄が多いです。すみません;; 回答解説よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の質問

Z会の速読英単語上級編の文なのですが The academy also says parents should complete out questionaires on their children's“media history” when they visit the doctor to help him to guide them in working out a suitable plan for viewing. に対して和訳が 学会はまた、テレビを見るための適切なプランを作成する指導を医師にしてもらう際の助けになるように、親が医師のもとに訪れた時に、子供の「メディア遍歴」に関するアンケートにすべて答えるべきだと述べている。 なのですが、when以降の文が理解できません。they=parentsなのは分かります。和訳を見る限りではthemもparentsだと思うのですが、主語を目的にする場合は再帰用法の代名詞としてthemselvesを使うんじゃないの?で、違うとしたらchildrenなのか?でもプランを作成するのは親だから、指導されるのは親?ってことはやっぱりthem=parentsなんですが、themselvesを何故使わないのかが腑に落ちないのと、「when they visit the doctor to help him to guide them 」まで直訳してみると『親は彼(=医師?)が自分たちを指導するのを手伝うために医師のもとに訪れたとき』him=doctorなのかも不安です。 稚拙な文章ですみませんが、when以降の文章の解説をお願いします m(_ _)m 

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

月末に大学入試を控えている高校3年生です。 文法ミスやもっと適切な表現がありましたら、ご指導いただけるとありがたいです。 テーマ:小中学生に携帯を持たせることの是非 In my opinion, children in elementary school or secondary school should not have a cell phone. It is true that a cell phone is very useful, and it enables them to communicate with their friends or parents easliy at any time. However, a careless use of a cell phone often brings about serious problems. Recently, many children have been involved in crimes by use of a cell phone. They are sometimes killed by people with whome they became acquainted in an Internet community site. Children have a poor knowledge to protect themselves. When we think about whether children can use communication tools appropriately or not, we will believe that they cannot do. So I want to emphasize that parents should not have their children carry a cell phone.