• ベストアンサー

何を言ってるのか分からなくなりました。

前回カナダのペンパルに「I'm curious to know, are you very interested in me?」と聞かれ「Yes.I'm interested you」と返し「Thank you for expressing your interest in me. I feel really happy when you mentioned it. Your kind words mean a lot to me. I'm also very interested in you.」と返事が来て、ただの興味・関心なのか、気がある(恋愛感情)なのか分からなくて、質問させていただきました。 その後、アメリカの友人に「Interest」の意味を聞いたところ「男女間の"interest"はロマンスだよ」と言われ、カナダのペンパルに「あなたの"interest"と私の"interest"は少し意味が違うんじゃない?あなたは私のことを友人・ペンパルとして興味があるんでしょう?」と聞きました。 そのときの返事が「The word "Interest" certainly has a couple meanings to it. One of them would be curiosity for another person and the other would be a group of people who share common aims. Obviously it would be the first one and it can be the second one too. For example, we both like playing RPG. Yes I am interested in you as a penpal and friend. Originally I thought you were thinking the same way I was. But you when mentioned "The latter in case of me", does this mean you are more interested in me than just as a friend/penpal? What do you feel right now?」ときまして、何がなんだか分からなくなりました。彼は何を言ってるのでしょうか?「I am interested in you as a penpal and friend. 」と書いてることから、ただ単にペンパルとして私に興味を持ってるのですよね?ただ、そうだとしたら今まで勘違いさせるような文章を書いて欲しくなかったと、失礼ながら思ってしまいます。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.3

ああ、なるほど、ご心内、お察しします。 >>The word "Interest" certainly has a couple meanings to it. One of them would be curiosity for another person and the other would be a group of people who share common aims. >"Interest"という単語には確かにいくつか意味があるよね。一つは「ある人への興味」と、もう一つは何か共通の趣味や目的を分かち合う人たちのグループ。 >>Obviously it would be the first one and it can be the second one too. For example, we both like playing RPG. Yes I am interested in you as a penpal and friend. >明らかに、このうち両方になり得るよね。例えば、僕らは二人ともRPGが好きだよね。だからそう、僕は君をペンパルと友達として興味があるよ。 >>Originally I thought you were thinking the same way I was. But you when mentioned "The latter in case of me", does this mean you are more interested in me than just as a friend/penpal? What do you feel right now? >君が同じような気持ちでいるんだろうなと、最初は僕は思っていたよ。でも君は「私の場合、後者です」と言ったよね。それはつまり、君は僕に「ペンパル相手の友達」として以上に「興味がある」ということなの?  今、君はどんな気持ちなの? 、、、冒頭の彼のメールにある「interested in you」というのは 120%「恋愛対象」としての「興味」ですね。  お互いがこれまでどんなことをやり取りして来たのか、僕ら外野には一切分かりませんので、とにかく最後は mikeneko1さんの判断です。  ただ一つ言えるのは、もともと「興味がある」と言ったのは彼ではなく mikeneko1さんであって、mikeneko1さんが彼に対して「ペンパル以上の気持ちを持っているのか?」を彼は知りたがっているということですね。つまり、彼が mikeneko1さんをどう思っているかでなくて、反対に mikeneko1さんが彼をどう思っているのか?ということですね。  もし彼に対してペンパル以上の感情を持っているのなら、そう伝えれば良いし、あくまでペンパルであって他の何者でもないというのなら、やはりそう伝えるべきです。ただし、彼の気持ちは高ぶっているようなので、「ペンパルとしての友達だけ」と言うと、彼はガッカリするかも知れません。或いは、この関係も終焉するかも知れません。でも彼は待っています。全ては mikeneko1さんの気持ち次第です。 ご参考までに。

mikeneko1
質問者

お礼

わざわざ訳まで書いていただき、恐縮です。 結局その後、しつこく聞いたら恋愛感情があることを打ち明けられました。 回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (4)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.5

ちょっとピンとはずれかもしれませんが、ひょっとしたら、こちらのQ&Åが参考になるのではないかと思いました。 http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/qa3314194.html interestedと言っている限りは、「ちょっと良いな」とか「付き合ってみたいな」くらいには思っているはずです。 そして、これからpenpalあるいはfriendとして付き合って、お互いのことをもっとよく知り合っていく中で、恋愛感情がわいてきて将来的に恋人同士になれたら素敵だろうな・・・というくらいの気持ちはあるかもしれません。 でも、今現在いきなり「恋愛感情」があるかと言われれば、たぶんそこまでは行っていないのでしょう。 だから今のところは“I am interested in you as a penpal and friend”という表現になるのではないかと思います。 ようするに、「興味がある」ということは、 (1)いまのところは、まだ恋愛感情まではないが、相手のことをもっとよく知りたいと思っている。 (2)相手のことがもっとよく分かってくれば、ひょっとしたら恋愛感情に進んでいくかもしれない予感・期待がある のようなことではないかと思います。

mikeneko1
質問者

お礼

参考先を教えていただき嬉しいです!! ふむふむ。interestedはいろんな意味がありますね。 結局、その後彼から恋愛感情があることを打ち明けられました。 回答ありがとうございました!!

• BearCave
  • ベストアンサー率20% (189/909)
回答No.4

ご安心ください。彼はアナタにペンパル以上の、恋愛対象としての興味を抱いています。普通の友達相手に「I'm very interested in you」とは言いませんから。 相手もアナタの出方を待っているという感じですね。今までの経緯は分かりませんが、ペンパル相手にあまりにも積極的に迫るのも変ですし、ここは軽く「I don't know yet. But I'd like to know more about you.」とでも返信しておけば良いのではないでしょうか。

mikeneko1
質問者

お礼

BearCaveさんの言うとおり、相手は出方を待っていました; その後、結局恋愛感情があることを打ち明けられました。 回答ありがとうございました。

• TAKEUSA
  • ベストアンサー率34% (47/138)
回答No.2

私はとぼけていると感じますけどね。 (1)curiosity for another person=a penpal and friend (2)a group of people who share common aims(like RPG) ここにロマンスの候補は省かれていますよね。 本当はinterestに(1)以上の感情を考えて居たけれど、「言葉の行き違いじゃない?」なんて事言われたから、 急にinterest(利害・関係)(2)を持ち出したのでは無いでしょうかね。 「えっ?(2)じゃ無いよ、(1)だよ。元々そうだったじゃないか」って。 で、はぐらかしておいて、逆にあなたが(1)以上の感情を持っているって事なの? (ここは前の返事と整合を取る必要が有ります。実際「あなたは私のことを友人・ペンパルとして興味があるんでしょう?」と念を押す形なら、相手が(1)で有ることを前提に、「意味が違うんじゃない?」はあなたが(1)以外である事を示したと言う屁理屈も成り立ちます。) そうするとこのBut以下のセンテンスの意味が通ります。 で、あなたが(1)以外の気持ちって事はどういう気持ちなの?って。 要するに煙に巻かれていますよ。 ネイティブ同士なら成立しない駆け引きかも知れませんね。 でも、異性とのメール交換は気をつけて欲しいですね。

mikeneko1
質問者

お礼

確かに、相手は自分の答えを出す前に、相手の意見を聞きだそうとする人でした! 結局この後、彼にしつこく聞いてみたら、恋愛感情があることを打ち明けられました。 異性とのメールには十分気をつけます。 回答ありがとうございました!

• kick2max
  • ベストアンサー率31% (71/222)
回答No.1

彼からの返事がきちんとお答えになっていると思いますけど。 「友達として、という意味なのか、もう少しロマンチックな意味なのか、どっちもあるよね。でも、君の前回の答えは後者ってことだったんで、単なる友達以上にぼくに興味があるってことなの?」 と問いかけてくれています。 ですから、「いいえ、ペンパルとして興味があるだけですよ」ともう一度伝えてあげればいいだけのことです。

mikeneko1
質問者

お礼

なるほど。 回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• この場合の Interested

7ヶ月間メールしている、異性のペンパルに 「I'm curious to know, are you very interested in me?」 と聞かれ”僕に関心(興味)があるの?”という意味だと思い 「Yes. I am interested in you.」 と返しました。 後日、相手の返事に 「Thank you for expressing your interest in me. I feel really happy when you mentioned it. Your kind words mean a lot to me. I am also very interested in you too.」 と来まして、 「Your kind words mean a lot to me.」 に、少しながら違和感を感じました。 この場合の 「interested」 は、興味・関心で良かったのでしょうか?もしかして相手は 「僕に気があるの?」 と言っていたのでしょうか?でも、その場合は 「Are you attracted to me?」 ですよね?相手は、香港出身のカナダ在住の方です。

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• ざっくりと和訳をお願いしたいです

i can pay instand over pay-pal and shippment via EMS with tracking would be great. the razor that you recomend me are new but not sharpend it is described in the auktion, i would definitly prefer a sharpen one because i have not the kind of skill to refreshe it from scratch. #K156/A0 this one i would rearly like, can you make me also a better price for this or other one, or only for the 2 you send me?

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Aさん Im really interested in your presentation You should have presentation about Hentai Bさん>Yeah, that would be so easy too. i could just put you on the stage and thats it 特にi could just put you on the stage and thats it この文章の意味がわかりません。

• 英文を和訳して下さい

I feel great energy coming from you. For a long time I have an idea to write a book together with someone from another culture, especially Japan, that I am crazy for Japan. We could write in distance, create a few characters some 4 probably, 2 would be you (if you agree) and me. So, I would write from my character and send to you, you would add something and send to me, and have a small book at the end. Is this a good idea? It is interesting for me to blend different cultures. It can be something like Haruki Murakami style. Please answer me in my mail address. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Isn't it exciting? I cannot wait what you gonna answer me. Maybe we will become big and famous one day. Thank you. Bye

• どなたか英語を日本語に翻訳してください!

For this I was wondering if you could please send me a reply to the question: “who inspires you?” We are looking for name(s) of people who have inspired and/or influenced you in your work – it could be architects or not, one person or more. It would be great also if you could send me a CV and some examples of your work – both graduate thesis work and professional work if you have it please would be fantastic.

• 英訳をお願いします。若干、難しめ。

I see that you have many straight razors for sale. I am in the process of opening a 'Shaving Store' in Southern California. I would be interested in purchasing a number of quality straight razors for my stock. Would you be interested in selling a number of your razors to me at a price level that would allow me to resell them ? Please advise and thank you for your kind consideration to this matter.

• 和訳に直してもらえませんか?

凄く長いんですが、翻訳機を使ってみたけどサッパリわからないです。 どなたかお願いします。 how are you i missed you ^_^ so what's new in your life i would like to know you better and be closer to you as a firend as a very good friend ^^ i hopes i am not impolite. if you allow me to know you better i will be very happy. i already have a friend from italy. she is like a sister for me now. i would like to make the same relation ship with some friends from japan. and may be one day we will be able to meet each other. ^_^ and share a very good coffee or tee. i would like to travel to japan some day. and i will be very happy if i can have lot of friends from there. as i did in france. where i spent 2 years for my studies. in Toulon côte d'azure. a very nice place just like okinawa. but okinawa is very beautiful too. ok i have to go back work. if you have any question about me i will be very happy to comunicate with you. very big kiss on your head and a very big hug ;) see you soon

• この英文を書いたのは同一人物でしょうか

下記の2つの文章を書いたのは、同一人物だと思いますか? 【A】 Hi. I'm an Australian guy interested in doing a language exchange as I'm planning a trip to Japan next year. I'm really interested in Japanese culture and it would be great if we could meet up for a chat over coffee. I have some experience teaching English (I taught at a private school for a couple of years while abroad in Poland) so I can help you with your English if you like. I'm also interested in music, art, movies, books & graphic novels (and Japanese manga!). Look forward to hearing from you! 【B】 Hi. I'm an Australian guy looking for a Japanese language exchange partner. I'm really interested in Japanese culture and I'm planning to travel there later this year so it would be cool to learn some Japanese and make some Japanese friends. I worked overseas as an English teacher for a couple of years so I'd be happy to help you improve your English. Hope we can help each other out and have fun! Look forward to hearing from you!

• よろしくお願いします

Dear Amy: I still have feelings for my old college crush! She laughed at my jokes, talked to me every day and overall was just really important to me. We haven't talked in two years, and I want to reach out to her. Would it be weird to do so? -- Worried Grad Dear Worried: No, it would not be weird to reach out to a college friend. Rather, it would only be weird if you made it so. if you made it soはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします