• ベストアンサー

hilly interiorの訳

kasuke2001の回答

回答No.1

それでよいと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The effect of British artillery-fire diminished, as the north end of the village was out of view on a slight north-facing slope; German reinforcements reached the village and artillery and machine–gun fire from Delville Wood and Longueval, raked the 26th Brigade. By the afternoon, the western and south western parts of the village had been occupied and the 27th Brigade, intended for the attack on Delville Wood had been used to reinforce the attack. At 1:00 p.m. Furse ordered the 1st South African Brigade to take over the attack on Delville Wood.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

After the fall of the Roman Empire, there was great confusion again.Each region developed its own system of weights and measures. The foot,which was one of the earliest units, is believed to have had as many as 280variations in Europe as late as the eighteenh century.It was not until toward the end of the eighteenh century that a really scientific system of weights and measures was set up.A group of French scientists chose as their unit of length the ten-millionth part of an imaginary line running through Paris from the Equator to the North Pole. After careful measurements, they worked out the length of this unit, which was given the name 'meter' derived from the Greek metron, meaning 'a measure.' The use of the metric system by other nations increased, and today the metric system is quite generally accepted worldwide as the best system of weights and measures that the world has ever had.

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

The Battle of the Lys (7–29 April 1918), also known as the Lys Offensive, the Fourth Battle of Ypres, the Fourth Battle of Flanders and Operation Georgette (Portuguese: Batalha de La Lys and French: 3ème Bataille des Flandres), was part of the 1918 German offensive in Flanders during World War I, also known as the Spring Offensive. It was originally planned by General Ludendorff as Operation George but was reduced to Operation Georgette, with the objective of capturing Ypres, forcing the British forces back to the channel ports and out of the war. In planning, execution and effects, Georgette was similar to (although smaller than) Operation Michael, earlier in the Spring Offensive.The German attack zone was in Flanders, from about 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) east of Ypres in Belgium to 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) east of Béthune in France, about 40 kilometres (25 mi) south. The front line ran from north-north-east to south-south-west. The Lys River, running from south-west to north-east, crossed the front near Armentières in the middle of this zone. The front was held by the Belgian Army in the far north, by the British Second Army (under Plumer) in the north and centre and by the British First Army (under Horne) in the south. The German attacking forces were the Sixth Army in the south (under Ferdinand von Quast), and the Fourth Army in the north (under Sixt von Armin). Both armies included substantial numbers of the new stosstruppen, trained to lead attacks with the new stormtroop tactics. The British First Army was a relatively weak force; it included several worn-out formations that had been posted to a "quiet sector". This included two divisions of the Portuguese Expeditionary Corps, which were undermanned, lacked almost half of their officers, had very low morale and were set to be replaced the day of the German attack. The German plan was to break through the First Army, push the Second Army aside to the north, and drive west to the English Channel, cutting off British forces in France from their supply line which ran through the Channel ports of Calais, Dunkirk and Boulogne. Battle of Estaires (9–11 April) The German bombardment opened on the evening of 7 April, against the southern part of the Allied line between Armentières and Festubert. The barrage continued until dawn on 9 April. Operation Georgette ジョルジェット作戦

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

Battle of Jutland, also called Battle of the Skagerrak, (May 31–June 1, 1916), the only major encounter between the British and German fleets in World War I, fought in the Skagerrak, an arm of the North Sea, about 60 miles (97 km) off the coast of Jutland (Denmark). British naval intelligence had alerted admirals John Jellicoe and David Beatty that Admiral Reinhard Scheer had left port with his German High Seas Fleet. Beatty, in command of a scouting force of battle cruisers, spotted a similar German force under Admiral Franz von Hipper and pursued it toward the main German fleet. At about ... (100 of 266 words)

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The attack continued until 6 September, with the British capturing Leuze Wood on 4-5 September (referred to as 'Lousy Wood' by the troops), some three miles east of the 1 July front line. The French meanwhile captured a further village, Bouchavesnes, on 4 September. The battle of Dobrich, also known as the battle of Bazargic or the Dobrich epopee (Bulgarian: Добричка епопея), took place between 5 and 7 September 1916 between the armies of Bulgaria and Romania. Despite being outnumbered, the Bulgarian Third Army was victorious and took Southern Dobruja, pushing the Russian and Romanian forces further north and defeating them once again at the Lake Oltina - Kara Omer - Mangalia line.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

The main German attack was made by the 8th Division and part of the 5th Division from the north and north-east. Elements of nine battalions attacked with 6,000 men. Infantry Regiment 153 was to advance from south of Flers, to recapture Delville Wood and reach the second position along the southern edge of the wood, the leading battalion to occupy the original second line from the Longueval–Guillemont road to Waterlot Farm, the second battalion to dig in along the southern edge of the wood and the third battalion to occupy Prince's Street along the centre of the wood. At first the advance moved along the sunken Flers road, 150 yards (140 m) north of the wood, which was confronted by the 2nd South African Regiment along the north edge of the wood.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The French attacked again from 17–22 April and despite German counter-attacks on 19 and 23 April, advanced slightly on the Heights of Moronvilliers. After a lull, the French attacked again on 30 April and ended the offensive on 20 May. The number of German prisoners taken by the end of the battle had been increased to 6,120, with 52 guns, 42 mortars and 103 machine-guns.The Moronvilliers massif was a group of hills, densely wooded before 1914, to the west of the Suippes river. The village of Moronvilliers lay in a dip below the north crest of the main ridge. There is an outlying peak known as Mont Sans Nom, 700 feet (210 m) high, with a hollow then a ridge to the north-west, the highest part of which is the western summit of Mont Haut at 840 feet (260 m). West of the ridge, which in 1917 was between the left flank of the French Fourth Army and the Fifth Army, was an area of low ground about 7 miles (11 km) wide, between the Moronvilliers massif and the Nogent l'Abbesse massif east of Reims, in which lay the village of Beine. A road ran east from Beine to Nauroy, Moronvilliers and St. Martin l'Heureux on the Suippes, north of the Moronvilliers massif. The eastern slope declines close to the bank of the Suippes, between St. Martin-l'Heureux and Aubérive and the southern slope declines south of the road from Reims to St. Hilaire le Grand, St. Ménéhould and Verdun as it descends into the Plain of Châlons.

• 訳をお願いします。

China press prejudices dashed  By EIICHI SHIOZAWA Kyodo BEIJING — A number of Chinese journalists saw their long-held negative views about Japan and its people change completely after traveling to the Tohoku region to cover the aftermath of the March 11 disaster, according to their reports to a recent symposium with university students in Beijing. Impressed by the orderly and patient behavior of disaster survivors and the relatively high transparency of information released, they said they developed a feeling of respect toward the Japanese. Their reports were so full of positive aspects that some of the roughly 200 students in the audience questioned whether the journalists had come across anything negative while in Japan. "The ability of the government to handle relief operations was not as high as that of the Chinese government," said Zhang Hongwei, 44, a reporter from the Chinese Business View newspaper based in Shaanxi Province. Other than that, however, the journalists only cited favorable aspects about Japan. Chen Jie, 38, a cameraman for Beijing News, was one of them. While admitting he had felt resentment and mistrust toward the Japanese for a long time, "the prejudice that I felt gradually disappeared while I was there, trying to cover the disaster damage," he said. "In the 14 days I spent on the assignment, I learned much more than I would have done if I had read books for 10 years," he added. Chen flew to Sendai on March 14 and covered disaster-hit areas, including Minamisanriku in Miyagi Prefecture and the city of Fukushima. His strongest impression of the Japanese was "the cool and collected" manner demonstrated by the people in devastated areas, including the direct survivors of the disaster. Chen said he was moved when he saw people patiently line up in front of shops amid shortages caused by the disrupted distribution channels. He noted that shop owners didn't exploit the situation by indulging in price-gouging and even family members of those who had died tried to restrain themselves from crying openly during burials. "I was surprised that I was given priority treatment at a gas station, as I had an emergency press pass," he said, showing slides of a large number of people waiting their turn to fill up. Zhang of the Chinese Business View, who visited sites in Iwate and Miyagi prefectures, said he also had been "an anti-Japan person," but through his assignment he came to realize "the Japanese deserve respect." Chen and Zhang were among more than 150 Chinese journalists sent to cover the Tohoku catastrophe. The unusually large number appears to have been partly because it was a natural disaster, not a political matter. Reporter Qin Xuan of the Southern Weekly magazine in Guangdong Province said "it must have been the first time that so many journalists flew out to cover an overseas incident." The magazine ran a special feature on the disaster with a headline saying "The nation of patience," mirroring straightforwardly the impressions that its reporters took from the stricken areas. The story touched on how Self-Defense Forces personnel gave a salute to dead people before burying them, providing a new image of the SDF, which ordinary Chinese still tend to view in light of the wartime Imperial Japanese Army. 今年5月3日のThe Japan Timesの記事です。 自分なりに訳してみたんですが… うまくまとまらず苦戦しています(><) どうかよろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

In the early morning, Reserve Infantry Regiment 153 and two companies of Infantry Regiment 52, entered the wood from the north and wheeled to attack the 3rd South African Battalion from behind, capturing six officers and 185 men from the Transvaal Battalion; the rest were killed. By mid morning, Black Watch, Seaforth and Cameron Highlanders in Longueval tried to charge into the wood but were repulsed by German small-arms fire from the north-west corner of the wood. The brigade was short of water, without food and unable to evacuate wounded; many isolated groups surrendered, after they ran out of ammunition. In the afternoon, the 53rd Brigade advanced from the base of the salient to reach Thackeray at the South African headquarters but were unable to reach the forward elements of the South African brigade. This situation prevailed through the night of 19–20 July.