• 締切済み

英訳ができなくて困っています。

以下の文の英訳をしましたが、とても分かりにくく不自然な英文になってしまいました。どなたか添削、または回答例をお願いいたします。 このストレス社会の中で過度のストレスを感じている人もいる。例えば、日本人は他人の目を気にする傾向があり、それが我々にストレスを感じさせるのだ。そのほかにも、仕事を失うことで生きがいをなくし、またお金にも困り、自殺をしようとする人がいるのだ。 some people feel undue sress in this stressful society, for exaple, japanese tend to keep up appearances and it has them feel the stress. in addition, some people lost the reason for living because they lost their jobs, and also they are in financial difficulties. For the reasons, some people attempt suicide.

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数17

みんなの回答

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.4

Some feel heavily stressful in this stressed-out society. For example, Japanese are apt to keep up appearance to other people, which make themselves furthermore stressful. Under this stressful life, some are losing reason to live for when they lost jobs and they are in financial difficulties. Among them, some try to kill themselves. 原文(和文・英文ともに)では職を失うことと、金に困ることが、どうストレスと因果関係あるのか、少し明確になっていないので、、、、、、

• duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.3

いえいえ、私のお手つきです。大変失礼いたしました m(_ _)m でも反対に言うと、「和訳を添削して欲しいのだろう」と私が勝手に思ってしまったほど、大文字になっていない箇所があったにしろ、英文自体が良く書けていたということです。お世辞抜きで、全体的に「不自然」とは思わせませんでしたよ。 先ほどの文は、Japanese tend to be (overly) concerned about their own appearances, と be が飛んでいました。ごめんなさい。或いは、attentive to なんていうのも良いかも知れませんね。 その調子で頑張って下さい!

• duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.2

、、、と思ったら、日本文 ⇒ 英訳でしたね。大変失礼いたしました。何故か英文を和訳したのかと思ってしまいました (^^;) Some people feel undue (excessive) stress in this (already) stressful society. For example, Japanese tend to (overly) concerned about their own appearances, and it make them feel the stress. In addition, some people even lose their reasons for living because they lose their jobs and face financial difficulties. For these reasons, some people even attempt suicide. 客観論であれば、先ほど申し上げた通り、「日本人 ⇒ 彼ら」とした方が良いですし、日本人としてその性質を紹介する文なら、usでも良いかと思います。 先ほど申し上げた some people ⇒ Some people sress ⇒ stress japanese ⇒ Japanese in addition ⇒ In addition 、、、のところはそれぞれ直す必要がありますね。the reasons ⇒ these reasons でしょうかね。 ご参考までに。

0-mana-0
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!今回が初めての質問なので、今後気をつけます!!ありがとうございました。

• duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.1

全体的に大変よく訳されていると思います。 「我々」と訳していますが、多分この文章は客観論なので、「日本人 ⇒ 彼ら」とした方が良いと思います。それから、「ストレス ⇒ 抱える」と訳すのも一案です。 以下、「私ならこう訳すだろう」ということでご参考までに。 >>some people feel undue sress in this stressful society, for exaple, japanese tend to keep up appearances and it has them feel the stress. in addition, some people lost the reason for living because they lost their jobs, and also they are in financial difficulties. For the reasons, some people attempt suicide. >このストレス社会の中で過度のストレスを抱えている人がいる。例えば、日本人は自分の外観を気にする傾向にあり、それが彼らにストレスを感じさせるのだ。また、仕事を失うことで生き甲斐をなくしたことに加え、お金にも困っている人もいる。こういった理由から、自殺をしようとする人さえいるのだ。 some people ⇒ Some people sress ⇒ stress japanese ⇒ Japanese in addition ⇒ In addition 、、、ここでご質問なさる際には、原文を正確に転記し、必ずご自分でも読み返すようにして頂くと良いでしょう。折角有効な質問をしているのに、「sress、japanese」と書いてあるのを見るだけで回答する気力をなくすこともあります。例えば quietをquiteと誤転記してあったら、それだけで意味が全く違ってくるのはお分かりの通りです。以後、よろしくお願いいたします。

関連するQ&A

• この英訳は適切ですか?

次の文章の英訳は適切ですか。 アメリカの人々とイギリスの人々は英語を話すなど似ている点もあるが,多くの点で異なっている。 American people and British people is similar in some ways,but mostly differnt. 関西人は,エスカレーターで急いでいる人は左側を駆け上がり,関東人とは反対である。 People who is herry in western area of Japanese are rushed up escalator in feft side,which is opposit to people in eastern area. 中国人は日本人に比べて,騒がしい傾向がある。 Compared with Japanese people, Chinese people tend to be noisy.

• 英訳のアドバイスお願いします

<私は、喫煙年齢の引き下げに絶対反対です。一つ目に、ある調査によると、タバコを吸う年齢が早ければ早いほど、肺がんの死亡率が高くなるそうです。二つ目に、子供は好奇心が旺盛であるということです。友人が吸っているから自分も吸ってみよう、といった具合にどんどん喫煙者が増えていってしまうと思います。中には現代の子供はストレス社会を生きているといわれており、タバコを吸うことでストレスの解消につながるかもしれないという人がいるが、それは一時的なストレス解消であって、何の解決にもなりません。このようなことから、タバコは人体に悪影響を及ぼすだけであり、私たちは子供が喫煙しないように気をつける必要があると思います。> という文を英語にしたいです。こんな感じであっていますか???     ↓  ↓ <I strongly disagree with lowering the legal age for smoking. First, acccording to the research, the earlier smoking causes the more higher death rate of lung cancer. Second, children are always curious. So they might start smoking because their friends smoke, and the number of the smokers will be increased. Although some people may argue that children live in stress society and some can reduce their stress by smoking, I believe that it is only the temporary thing and it is no solution at all. For these reasons, smoking is only harmful for children and we should be careful of children's smoking.>

• 英訳お願いします💦怖くて死にそうです。

The reason is that I am having difficulties getting over my ex girlfriend. We seperated many months ago but for some reason it's been very painfull for me the last few weeks. Again, i am sorry and I hope I will feel better about it soon and can forget her.

• 大学受験対策の和文英訳の添削をお願いします。

問題文「このような変化は時代のニーズに即したものである反面、「お金を使う」という意識が薄れてしまう危険性を指摘する人もいる。」 This kind of changes cuts out for needs in this times, but some people point out a risk that people may hardly feel they pay money for something. 模範回答は手元にあるので、直したほうがよい点を指摘して下さると助かります!

• 英文添削をお願いいたします。

英訳の添削をお願いいたします。 以前、自殺は死因としてそれほど目立つものではなかった。しかし、最近自殺は日本で重大な問題の一つになっている。男性の20~45歳、女性の15~35歳の死因原因の一番は自殺である。2005年に自殺をした人々の数は3万2552人であった。これは交通事故で死んだ数の約5倍である。 Committing suicide was not particularly noticeable as the cause of death before. However, recently committing suicide has been one of the biggest problems in Japan. The no1 cause of death between 20~45 for male and between 15~35 for female is suicide. The number of people who committed suicide was 32,552 in 2005. This is about 5 times as many as people who died from traffic accidents. これは1日に90人の人が自殺をし、16分に1人が自殺をしていることになる。そして、自殺を試みる人は実際に自殺をする人の10倍いるといわれている。こうした面からみてもこれは他人事ではない。 This means that 90 people commit suicide a day, and somebody commits suicide a 16 minutes. Moreover, it is said that people of attempted suicide are 10 times as many as people who commit suicide actually. This is not just an affair of other people for these facts. 彼らの中にはストレスにより深い鬱になる。これは耐え難い悲しみ、心配また何も考えられない気分、無価値感を感じるなどの症状があると証明されている。そして、死や自殺などを考えることも鬱症状の一つである。 some of them get the deep depression due to stress. A major depressive episode can manifest with a variety of symptoms like persistent sad, anxious or "empty" moods, feelings of worthlessness and so on. Then, one of symptoms is thought of death or suicide or attempt at suicide. 実際に、最も自殺をする年代は中高年齢であり、この年代の人々は最もリストラや給料カットをくらっている。 As a matter of fact, the age of people who commit suicide most is in middle and old age. People in this age lost the job and their salaries are cut down most. 以前からこのテーマに即して英語の質問をさせていただいているものです。以前は違う名前で質問させていただいていたのですが、ログインパスを忘れてしまい、新たに質問させていただいています。 前回、多くの人に回答を頂きながら返礼ができなくて申し訳ありませんでした。

• 翻訳してください。

翻訳してください。 (1)Mother Teresa began her work for children in Kolkata in 1948. (2)In some parts of the city,the people were very poor and they had no schools for children. (3)Mother Teresa gathered together some children and taught the alphabet to them. (4)It was not easy because they had no pens and no notebooks.

• 和訳お願いします!!至急です!!!

和訳お願いします!!!!!! 至急です!!!!!! 宜しくお願いします!!!!!!! Some songs have great influence. Different people find differente meanings in those songs. People sing them in many places and on many occasions. Take Only One Flower in the World, for example. The song came out in 2002. People liked the melody and message at once. A TV drama used the song , and it became very popular. Some People sang it and protested the war in Iraq. They put a new meaning into the song . Now it is a song for many people.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

Our need to affiliate - to feel connected and identified with others - boosted our ancestors' chances for survival, which may explain why humans in every society live in groups. When ostracized (excluded or shunned by others), people suffer from stress and depression - a real pain that increases activity in the same brain areas that respond to physical pain. Those who are socially secure in their friendships, families, or marriages tend to be healthier and to have lower levels of depression, suicide, and early death. When socially exclude, people may engage in self-defeating or antisocial behaviors.

• 至急英訳お願いします><

Look good though. Aulani was nice to see for its Christmas decorations but I got lost in downtown here last week and it was even better. I hear at the Sheraton and Hilton here they have built some giant gingerbread that you have to see. If I can get some time off, I'll go down there and snap a few photos of them. Hope life is treating you well. よろしくお願いします

• anyの使い方

Most people feel stress at some time in their lives. Some people like this pressure and work better because of it. Other people are not comfortable with any stress at all. (たいていの人は自分の生活の中で、ストレスを感じるときがある。この重圧が好きでそのためにもっといい仕事ができる人もいる。少しでもストレスがあると、全く気分が穏やかでなくなる人もいる。) Q:この文のanyはどのように使われているのでしょうか?なぜでanyの訳が「少しでも」に成るのでしょうか? (参考資料) 1.Only two of us had any experience at yachting. (少しでもヨットを操縦したことのある者は2人しかいなかった。) (江川)→否定文と同じ扱いとのこと 2.[否定文で]少しの・・・も(~ない)、どんな・・・も(強調や疑念などを伴うことが多い) (ライトハウス英和辞典) 3.[疑問文で]何か、少しでも、[否定文で]どれも・少しも、[通例肯定文で;強調]どれでも、どんなものでも (ジーニアス英和辞典) 4.[肯定文で、強調的に]どんな・・・でも、どれでも、全ての [否定文で]少しも・・・ない、いくらも・・・ない Q:上記1.~4.のどの用法なのでしょうか?