• ベストアンサー

英訳のアドバイスお願いします

<私は、喫煙年齢の引き下げに絶対反対です。一つ目に、ある調査によると、タバコを吸う年齢が早ければ早いほど、肺がんの死亡率が高くなるそうです。二つ目に、子供は好奇心が旺盛であるということです。友人が吸っているから自分も吸ってみよう、といった具合にどんどん喫煙者が増えていってしまうと思います。中には現代の子供はストレス社会を生きているといわれており、タバコを吸うことでストレスの解消につながるかもしれないという人がいるが、それは一時的なストレス解消であって、何の解決にもなりません。このようなことから、タバコは人体に悪影響を及ぼすだけであり、私たちは子供が喫煙しないように気をつける必要があると思います。> という文を英語にしたいです。こんな感じであっていますか???     ↓  ↓ <I strongly disagree with lowering the legal age for smoking. First, acccording to the research, the earlier smoking causes the more higher death rate of lung cancer. Second, children are always curious. So they might start smoking because their friends smoke, and the number of the smokers will be increased. Although some people may argue that children live in stress society and some can reduce their stress by smoking, I believe that it is only the temporary thing and it is no solution at all. For these reasons, smoking is only harmful for children and we should be careful of children's smoking.>

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.3

こんにちは!  英語の世界では論理性(logic)がないと、まったく相手にされません。原文の日本語は、主張 → 理由その1 → 理由その2という論理構成があり、その点は英語になりやすいと思います。  ただ、理由その1 の「ある調査によると、タバコを吸う年齢が早ければ早いほど、肺がんの死亡率が高くなるそうです。」は、1文だけでしかも伝聞ですね。これがなぜ信じるに価する理由なのか読者には納得がいかないんですね。これについて説得力を持たせるには、誰がどこで何を言ったのかという具体的なデータを示されねばなりません。それには1パラグラフ必要ですね。  理由その2は、「子供は好奇心が旺盛であるということです」となっていて、日本語では、読者は何を言おうとするかはピンと来ますのでいいのですが、英語だと、第一の理由との形式上の不統一にまずカチンと来るわけです。やはり、第2は、「子供にまで喫煙が広がるのが恐い」とすべきですね。でもそれでも論理の穴がありますね。今だって子供は大人の喫煙を見ているわけですから、広がるはずなんじゃないですかね?という疑問を読者に抱かせてしまいます。やはり、自分の年齢に近い人間が吸っていると、どうしても真似をしたくなるものだというロジックの繋ぎ目の文が途中に必要ですね。そういうふうに、英文では、論理のスキをつくらないように論理構成する必要があるんです。(英語圏の学校の作文ではこうした修業が課せられます。大学教育でもこれが非常に重視されます。英語圏の人間にとっても、きちんとした英文を書くのは難しいのです。)  スピーチの最後は recapitulation といって、自分の言ったことをもう一度分かりやすい言葉でまとめ直すのがよいとされます。たしかに野暮な感じはしますが、英語で聞くと、「尻の座りのよさ」が生まれてくるんですね。日本語の、ぼわ~っと始まり、ぼわ~っと終わるスピーチは私自身大好きなんですけれど、それは英語では12歳レベルと言われてしまうんですね...  というわけで、日本語原文を少し英語向けに仕立て直して英語にすると I am strongly against the lowering of the legal age for smoking. There are two reasons for that. First, there is a positive evidence well established and approved by a lot of researchers that the earlier you begin smoking, the more likely you end up dying of lung cancer. Second, the lowering of the legal age is certain to entice more children into smoking. If you admit children are very curious and imitative by nature, you cannot deny the possibility that by seeing their friends who are their seniors by a few years smoking proudly, some of them will pick up cigarettes and take to smoking before they know where they are. Some people may argue that children live in a stressful society as well, and do well to reduce their stress by smoking, but if you consider the harm it does to the children's health, I must say it is a ludicrous argument encouraging a temporary relief at the cost of permanent damage and loss. Therefore, the lowering of the legal age for smoking should not be tolerated so that we can reduce the danger of lung cancer, and protect children from the harm of smoking.  のようになろうかと思います。  以上、ご参考になれば幸いです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• maridant
  • ベストアンサー率50% (1/2)
回答No.2

すみません。前に回答した者です。 画面上カンマが見えなくなっている文がありましたので こちらで再度ご確認下さい。 Therefore, they need to release their stress by smoking.. I believe that it might temporally make them relax, but it doesn’t solve the problem.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • maridant
  • ベストアンサー率50% (1/2)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 英語圏に暮らしていて勉強中のものです。 私なりに頑張って訳してみましたので参考までに見てもらえたら 嬉しいです。 I strongly insist that we shouldn’t lower the legal age of smoking. Firstly, according to the research, the younger you start smoking, the more possibilities of lung cancer exist. Secondly, children are always very curious. They are likely to smoke because their friends smoke. Therefore, smoker will increase. Some people think that nowadays children live in a high stress society. Therefore, they need to release their stress by smoking. I believe that it might temporally make them relax, but it doesn’t solve the problem. Thus, smoking is completely harmful and should be avoided, while children should be supervised.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳ができなくて困っています。

以下の文の英訳をしましたが、とても分かりにくく不自然な英文になってしまいました。どなたか添削、または回答例をお願いいたします。 このストレス社会の中で過度のストレスを感じている人もいる。例えば、日本人は他人の目を気にする傾向があり、それが我々にストレスを感じさせるのだ。そのほかにも、仕事を失うことで生きがいをなくし、またお金にも困り、自殺をしようとする人がいるのだ。 some people feel undue sress in this stressful society, for exaple, japanese tend to keep up appearances and it has them feel the stress. in addition, some people lost the reason for living because they lost their jobs, and also they are in financial difficulties. For the reasons, some people attempt suicide.

• 至急 訳を教えてください。

訳してみてもうまく文にならなくて大変困ってます。 よろしくお願いします。 First-born Children and only childlen First-born and only children are alike in some ways. First-born children receive all of their parents' attention until a new child is born. Only children receive this attention all through their lives. Both kinds of children have close relationships with their parents and try to make them happy. First-born children try hard to be successful,and they often get professional jobs. Only children also try to be perfect at everything. They are usually responsible and reliable. Sometimes,however,they become selfish. Twenty-one of the first twenty-threeU.S. astronauts were first-born or only children.

• 添削してください

「私は<Other taxes>からもいくつかのオプションを選んだ。 (赤字を減らすためにどうすればいいか、という内容の問題で、「選んだ」というのはいくつか項目があり、どれなら犠牲にできるかなど考えて選んだ、ということです。) その中の一つが"Increase Cigarette and Alcohol Taxes"だ。もちろん、タバコを吸う人やお酒を飲む人からすると、タバコ税やアルコール税を上げられるのは辛いことだと思う。しかし特にタバコは、吸う人だけでなく周りの人にも被害が及ぶ。税金を上げることで少しでも意識が変わったり、吸い始める人を減らすことができることができるのではないかと思う。」 ** I picked up some option in other taxes. One of them is "Increase Cigarette and Alcohol Taxes". Of course, I think that it is painful for people who drinking and smoking to raise cigarette and alcohol taxes. However, in particular, tobacco is damaged not only smokers but also around people. I think that raising tax can change their mind and reduce the number of people who start smoking. 最後の文章なのですが、I think をIt seemsに置き換えられるでしょうか? (= It seems to raise tax can change their mind~) I think を使いすぎるのは良くないと聞いたもので…。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします!

英語のサンタの本?エッセイ?の一部なんですが、英語が全くわからないので 和訳していただけないでしょうか? Some little children doubt that Santa still lives because often their letters, for one reason or another, never seem to reach him. Nurses in hospitals know who some of these children are. Teachers in great city schools know others. Dear children of yesterday, won’t you try to seek out these trusting children of today and make sure that their letters in some way may reach Santa Claus so that “he will continue to make glad that heart of childhood”? That, I believe, is the best way of proving there is a Santa Claus, for ourselves and for the children. What will you tell your children about Santa Claus someday?

• 英訳を教えてください

英訳を教えてください 1.子供が両親の母国語を習いたがるのは当然だ a)It is natural for children to want to learn their________ native language. b)It is natural that children to should to learn their________ native language. 2.政治家が賄賂を受け取るのはよくない(間違っている) a)It is wrong for politicians to ______ bribes. a)It is wrong that politicians should ______ bribes. 下線にはなにがはいりますか?教えてください。

• 英訳を手伝ってください。

「同性愛と言うものは、何も特別なことではない。ただ単に好きになった人の性別が自分と同じだっただけのことだ。好きな人が出来るとその人のことをもっと知りたくなったり、もっと一緒に同じ時間を過ごしたいと思うのは老若男女、万国共通のことである。そして結婚して、寝食や生計をともにし、日常に起こる嬉しいことや悲しいことなどの価値観を分かち合うといのが私の意見での結婚の醍醐味である。」を訳して To love somebody whose sex is the same is not special. Gay men and lesbians happen to love somebody whose sex is the same as them. It is universal and common for everybody to feel like being with and spending more time with the partner who one loves. If the couple is getting along well with each other, it is no wonder that they want to share their sense of value and the spend time together rest of their life. This is the relish and zest of marriage, and these feeling are not only for heterosexual people, but for homosexual people. となりましたが、いかがなものでしょうか?

• アドバイス下さい。

心理言語学の勉強をしています。訳してみましたが自信がないのでよろしくお願いします。 Since infants may babble vowels and consonants which are not part of their mother’s native repertoire, babbling is not evidence that children are starting to acquire the segmental sounds of their mother tongue. 幼児が母親の本来のレパートリーの一部ではない母音や子音をべらべら喋るようになるまで、片言を言うと言うことは、子供たちが母国語の部分に分かれた音声を学び始めているという証拠ではない。 But recent psycholinguistic research supports earlier assumptions that children are beginning to learn the suprasegmental sounds of their mother tongue at this stage. しかし、最近の言語心理学の研究は、この段階で子供がそれらの母語の区分を超えた音を学習し始めているという初期の仮定を支援します。 The term suprasegmental refers to the musical pitch, rhythm, and stress which accompany the syllables we produce and play such an important role in marking grammar, meaning, and intention. 用語超分節性は、私たちが生産する音節に伴い、文法、意味および意図をマークする際にそのような重要な役割を果たす、音楽のピッチ、リズムおよびストレスに関連します。 2段落目と3段落目のsuprasegmentalの意味がいまいちです。また、二段落目のthis stageは、前の段落の片言を言うようになるまで・・・と解釈してもよいのでしょうか?? いいアドバイスがあれば教えてください。

• 英訳

The essential function of human community is to arrive at some agreement on what we need, what life ought to be, and then teabh our children so they can go on the right way. 人間の社会の重要な機能は~までしか分かりません。分かっても断片的にしか分かりません。 Lager communities, such as cities, open up room for peoplf to imagin alternatives, learn from people of different traditions, and invent their own ways to live. 都市のような大きな社会は代わりのイメージのために人々に…?よく分かりません。 教えて下さい。

• 先行詞について

Desperate for some response from their mother, Children find no resistance, which only increases their irritaiton. which only increases their irritaitonは no resistance にかかるのでしょうか。もしそうだとすれば、どのように訳せばよいのかわかりません。直訳をお願いできますか。

• 英訳訂正お願いします!

英訳について質問です。 One of the most thrilling events that happen in parents'relationship with their children occurs when they realize that their children's smiles and hugs are for them alone. この訳は 子供の両親が子供の笑顔やハグは彼らのためだけであると悟った時、 子供と両親の関係の点で起こる最もスリリング出来事のうちの一つが起こります。 であってますか? 訂正お願いします。 宜しくお願いします。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 冬になると寝る時に体が痛くなる原因について、腹部と背中が痛むことが多いという経験談があります。
  • 病院での検査では異常が見つからず、枕の変更やマットレスの硬さの調整、電気毛布の使用など、対処法を試しても効果がないようです。
  • 同様の症状を経験した人の意見を聞きたいとのことです。原因や対処法に関する情報を共有してもらえると良いですね。
回答を見る