• ベストアンサー

文章の意味

映画の ヒトコマなのですが It's man devouring man.(食うか食われるか) And who are we to deny it in here?(それをだれが否定できるだろうか) という意味です。 最初の文はわかるのですが 2個目の文がなぜそうなるのかわりません。 この場合 なぜ weが入るのでしょうか。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • enna2005
  • ベストアンサー率40% (333/819)
回答No.1

「ここでそれを否定する俺らは一体誰なんだ?」 が直訳ですが、すなわち 「否定するわけないだろ?」「誰が否定なんてするんだ?」と言う和訳にしています。 話し手が複数だから WE にしているんでしょうね。 

milligan
質問者

お礼

失礼しました。お礼のつもりが補足に点がついていました。 再度 ありがとうございます。

milligan
質問者

補足

なるほど。よくわかりました。 助かりました。 ありがとうございます!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の文章は間違っていませんか?

元の英語は  "Why are human beings born? We were born here in order to thoroughly savor the joys of life and make others same". ひょんな事から出来るだけシンプルで子供にも分かりやすい文章にと頼まれたのですが、ちょっと自信がありません。 この文章はどうでしょうか? Why are we born? Because we are here to become happy life and make others happy. 何方かヘルプをお願いします。

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致します

A good farmer is always one of the most intelligent and best educated men in our society. We have been inclined in our wild industrial development, to forget that agriculture is the base of our whole economy and that in the economic structure of the nation it is always the cornerstone. It has always been so throughout history and it will continue to be so until there are no more men on this earth. We are apt to forget that that the man who owns land and cherishes it and works it well is the source of our stability as a nation, not only in the economic but the social sense as well. できるだけ詳しく教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致します🙏

• この意味を教えて下さい。

You are sending it to a soldier in the US that will come and replace me here. この意味を教えて下さい!! 宜しくお願いします。

• この英文の意味がわかりません。

Here, the woman is sometimes the one expressing her feelings to the man.But, the tradition says that it should be the man who should court the woman.. この英文の意味がわかりません。 一人の人と付き合うのが当たり前なのかそうじゃないのかよく分かりません。 教えてください。

• すみませんが此方の英文章を翻訳していただけませんか?

すみませんが此方の英文章を翻訳していただけませんか? ちゃんとした文章で読みたいので、宜しく御願い致します。 Live to Tell 65 Sally:*Sniff* *sob, sob!* Vulpa:It's ok, cry if you want... You will feel better after. I can understand your sorrow, we suffered very much like you are now.... Later... Ru:Where are your daddy and your mommy Sally? Sally:When Omega's pollution came to the city, dad and mom couldn't avoid getting polluted and they started to drink and use drugs. Only my brother and some of his friends take care of me and the other children. We managed to survive here, avoiding the gangs and the drugs and working some jobs for food here and in some farms near the city, or looking for food leftovers at some luxury restaurants in the rich part of the city, but clean water is the hardest thing to find here, and we must boil it before drinking it because it's so polluted. Everyone here is very sad but we try not to lose hope... Hey! I was thinking; it would be really cool if you met with my friends in our hideout! Would you like to come with me? I bet that you can teach some interesting magics and other things to me and my friends tee hee... Ru:Of course Sally, we will be pleased to meet with your friends and help you too! Wolufu:Ok! let's go there!

• 'd の意味

'd っていろんなとこで見かけるのですが、省略された形が一個だけじゃないですよね? I'd like to~ → I would like to you'd better~ → you had better How'd it go? → How did it go? とりあえずこれってあっているんでしょうか? それともまだありますか? あと勉強していたときにたまたまみかけた文章で you'd call~ という文を見かけたのですが、これって上の中でいうとどれに該当するのでしょうか?(もしくは違う表現なのでしょうか?) 文はこちら Home ain't what you'd call a palace. In fact, it's really more like a shed, but a mighty big one! All my family and cousins are all livin' here together under the same big old roof. and we all pretty much get a break from work once it gets dark. Then it's time to fill our bellies and relax. Some of us might get washed off a bit first, but we do some pretty dirty work, and folks around these parts don't fuss much about gettin' a little mud in their treads. 文の最初の方にでているのですがこれは何の省略形なんでしょうか? 回答よろしくおねがいします。

• これらの文章を訳して欲しいです。

これらの文章を訳して欲しいです。 特に、But the way to~の文がさっぱり分かりません。lain throughというのは、~を通して横たわったと訳しますか?? (1)At present,in the most civilized countries,freedom of speech is taken as a matter of course and seems a perfectly simple thing.But the way to its attainment has lain through lakes of blood. (2)The test of a great book is whether we want to read it only once or more than once.Any really great book we want to read the second time even more than we wanted to read it we find new meanings and new beauties in it. (3)And after all the weather was ideal.They could not have had a more perfect day for a garden-party if they had ordered it.Windless,warm,the sky without a cloud. (4)Human life consists of a succession of a small events,each of which is comparatively unimportant,and yet the happiness of all man depend upon the manner in which these small events are dealt with.

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

These come from the fact that for small values of b~ and μ, as considered here, Eqs.(2・1) and (2.2) are approximately symmetric with respect to the y-axis. Now, we will see features of collision of a particle with the planet. It should be noticed that, as mentioned in §2, the radius of the planet changes with the distance between the Sun and the planet is assigned. Here we will concentrate on the collision near the orbit of the present Earth. よろしくお願いします。

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です "Well, I don't want to make too big a deal of it, but I've asked my staff to go back and take a look at everything we're doing here, to look at the situation, to reassess where we are so that we can have a firm understanding of the situation," he said. "And as we figure out what we want to do strategically in the country, how we can do it better." (1)最後のhowについて howは感嘆文のhowでしょうか?もしそうならこの場合は 「私たちがその国で戦略的にしたい事を私たちが見つけ出す時、(驚いた感じで)私たちはそれをよくすることが出来る」といった感じでしょうか?意味はわかるのですが感嘆文にする必要があるように見えないですし、使い方が変に感じます。。。 このhowは本当に感嘆文なのでしょうか? (2)I've asked my staff to go back…について 根本的に間違えているのかもしれませんが asked my staff to go back asked my staff to take a look at everything we are doing here asked my staff to look at the situation asked my staff to reassess where we are ということでしょうか? もしそうならand , , と言う順番で繋がっていますが本来, , andではないのでしょうか?それともこういう場合はどっちでもいいのでしょうか? またto takeだけtoがないのですがこれは何故なのでしょうか? (3)to reassess where we areはto reassess hereでも大丈夫でしょうか? そもそもwhere we are=hereだと思うのですが使い分ける必要はあるのでしょうか? お願いします。

• この文章を訳してください。。

Thanks for showing your interest in doing business with us. In normally, we will offer the dealer membership to following customers: -Airsoft Retailer (online/street shop) -Skirmish field So if you are in any of above business and able to provide your business details for our record, we are please to offer the membership to you. Here enclosed an application form, You just need to fill up and send back to us with .doc format. Also, please attach your Business Registration for our approval we will process your case and inform you asap. regards, Light and ****** Team (Dealer membership may suspend on anytime without notice, all right reserved to ***** Team)