Rapidly transforming Chinese housing development

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In vast swathes of China, rapid housing development is replacing old structures with new ones in the blink of an eye.
  • The pace of housing development in China is staggering, as new buildings swiftly replace the old, transforming the landscape.
  • China's housing development is characterized by rapid and drastic changes, with new structures swiftly replacing the old.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

VAST SWATHES OF CHINA

As it is in vast swathes of China, the new was replacing the old, and it was not doing so slowly. It was doing so in the blink of an eye. 中国の急速に進む住宅地開発の記事です。 新しいものが古いものにとってかわり、それはゆっくりではなく、まばたきをしているようなほんの短い間に行われている。 という最初以外の文章は感覚がつかめるんですが、 この As it is in vast swathes of Chinaが何を表してるのかわかりません。何か大きな帯のようになってるのでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#114795
noname#114795
回答No.1

広大な地域,ということで,別に中国に限りません. 日本の辞書では包帯とか書いてあるだけですからね.わかりにくいです.

参考URL:
http://www.yourdictionary.com/swathe
kochouran6
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 まだまだ日本語の辞書にはっきりと ぴったり当てはまる言葉が書いてないとわからない状態で うーん 奥が深いです(´_`。)

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

以下の英文の日本語訳をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。 (1)What happened next was amazing. (2)It shows how very precious life really is and how it can be lost in the blink of an eye.

• with tears slowly buildi

it is more emotional for the japanese to play out the scene without words, with tears slowly building in the eyes and then trickling down the cheeks as the train leaves. with tears slowly building in the eyes 涙をこらえて と訳されているのですがどうしてかがよく分かりません。解説していただけると嬉しいです。 it is this communication style that brought about the japanese value of jo-. In other word , it is the beauty of nonverbal human emotions that brings true life to this value. it is the beautyのitはjo- 情 をさしているのでしょうか?強調構文ではないですよね? brings true life to this value はどのような訳が適切でしょうか?

• "less than ten in China."をお願いします

Building the country Mar 10th 2005 | SHANGHAI From The Economist print edition Shanghai's evolving architecture reflects China's growing self-confidence THESE days, the Chinese like to joke, their national bird is the crane. The building boom that has enveloped China over the past two decades reflects the country's emergence as an economic power. But it has also swept away much that was precious in cultural and historical terms. As new has come to stand for good, and foreign for even better, old buildings have been demolished to make way for concrete and glass skyscrapers and imitations of western villas. While the average lifespan of a building around the world is some 70 years, it is less than ten in China. ----------------- 最後の文がよく訳せません。 「世界中の建物の寿命は70年前後ですが、これは中国の10年より少ない。」 「世界中の建物の寿命は70年前後ですが、これは中国の建物の寿命より10年短い。」 のどちらかでしょうか。それとも、それ以外でしょうか。教えてください。

• catching a cuff full of

I parked the car under the black-green canopy of three oaks, and walked towards the sound of the tennis balls. I heard an exasperated voice say, “Deuce again.” It was Brenda and she sounded as though she was sweating considerably. I crackled slowly up the gravel and heard Brenda again. “My ad,” and then just as I rounded the path, catching a cuff full of burrs, I heard, “Game!” Her racket went spinning up in the air and she caught it neatly as I came into sight. “Hello,” I called. 上記の英文でcatching a cuff full of burrs, が何を描写してるのか皆目分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の構造を教えてください

The most important thing for you to do as a student of literature is to advice yourself to be an honesty is definitely the best policy .If you prefer the poetry of a thirdrate poet to that of Shakespeare it is a most regrettable thing, but not so regrettable as your doing so and saying you do just the opposite . わからないところは、but not so regrettable as your doing so and saying you do just the opposite. のところで、訳は、実際はそうでありながら、口先ではそれと正反対のことを言うことほどには遺憾なことではありません。 but not so regrettable as your …これは not so much ~as~の構文のmuchがないやつではないですよね?your doing so のsoは代名詞ですか?saying の後ろにyou do just the opposite とつながるのはthatが省略されているのですか? 質問が多くて恐縮ですが、詳しい説明を教えていたただければうれしいです。

• made up as it is ofの解釈

添付ファイル文章にある And that is why virtue—*made up as it is of justice, honesty, discipline, and courage- is the only thing worth striving for. に関する質問です。 made up as it is of justice, honesty, discipline, and courageの文法が適切に理解できているか自信がないので、見ていただきです。 as it is/wasの表現がありますが、今回はそれではなく、このasは接続詞として使われている。 made up as it is of justice, honesty, discipline, and courage の部分を直訳的に訳すと 「美徳が正義、誠実、規律、そして、勇気の 性質できているようにつくられた」 であっているか分からないです。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語訳おねがいします

through most of history, however, those changes progresseed so slowly in time and spread so slowly in space that, within an individual's own lifetime, no change was visible. Hence, human historyーexcepting trivial changes through war and dymastic succession, or fantasy changes through supernatural interventionーwas viewed as essentially static. The advance of science and technorogy, however, is cumulative, and each advance tends to encourage a more rapid further advance. Eventually, the rate of change, and the extent of the effect of that change on society become great enough to be detected in the space of an individual lifetime. The future is then, for the first time, discoverd. の訳おねがいします!

• of と in の違い

下記、違いを教えてください。お願いします。 It was the happiest life in my life. It was the happiest life of my life.

• kind of について教えてください!

I was kind of hoping it would be just us. どちらかというと僕たちだけがいいんだけど。 という文なのですが、文の構造がよく分かりません。 これは kind of という熟語が I was hoping it would be just us. に挿入されたと考えればよいのでしょうか。 She is a kind of singer. のような文ならしっくりくるのですが… 「どちらかというと」の意味の kind of の使い方がどうも分かりません。 どなたか教えて下さい!

• 訳して下さい(>_<)

(1)It was back in 1942 that I invented "the Three Laws of Robotics." これは普通に「私がロボット工学三原則を考案したのは1942年のことです」でいいんでしょうか?It was back in 1942...の言い回しがイマイチしっくりこなくて・・・。 (2)I also make it clear, though perhaps not as forcefully, that these Laws aren't inherent in robots. これはコンマとコンマの間の挿入部分の訳がいまいち分かりません。。。 (3)So far―and perhaps it will be so for a considerable time to come―it is the first of these alternatives that holds sway. これは、全体的に分からないです(>_<) ダッシュがあると訳すのが苦手です・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。