• ベストアンサー

英語、添削お願いします

「ケンは私より二倍近く体重があるのに、私たち五人の中で相撲(SUMO)が一番弱い」を英訳すると Although Ken has the nearly two times weight than me ,he is the poorest at sumo among five us. 比較級は高校以来書いていないので自信がありません・・・おかしくないでしょうか? あと、「弱い」はweakの方がいいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

Although Ken weighs nearly twice as much as me, he is the weakest at sumo among the five of us. が適切ではないでしょうか。 初めの部分は、 "Although Ken's weight is nearly twice as much as mine" でも良いのですが、上記の方が自然な感じがすると思います。 あと、"poorest at~" に関しては、意味が通じないことはないと思いますが、常用されるフレーズではないです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

冠詞わすれました。 he is the weakest

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.3

>Although Ken has the nearly two times weight than me ,he is the poorest at sumo among five us. Although Ken's weight is nearly two times my weight, he is weakest at Sumo among five of us.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • emi-33333
  • ベストアンサー率33% (10/30)
回答No.1

Although Ken is twice as heavy as I am, he is the worst SUMO player amoung five of us. でしょうか・・; 高校英語なので参考程度でお願いします・・

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 倍数表現について。

Tom has twice as many books as I do. (1)ここで、倍数表現+the+number+of~の形で、上文と同じ意味の文に書き換えると、 どうなるのでしょうか? (2)また、比較級を用いて表すとき、Tom has two times more books than I do. となるのでしょうか?

• 英語数学の答えが分かりません・・・

問題     Write as an algebraic expression 1. five more that the absolute value of a number 2. the additive inverse of a number increased by its absolute value. 3. the additive inverse of the absolute value of twice some number. 4. the absolute value of the sum of two numbers. 5. the sum of the absolute value of two numbers.. 6. The absolute value of the difference of x and y is greater than 5. 7. Three times the absolute value of a number is 8. 8.The absolute value of the sum of two numbers is less than the square of their sum

• 英語数学の答えが分かりません・・・

問題             Write as an algebraic expression 1. five more that the absolute value of a number 2. the additive inverse of a number increased by its absolute value. 3. the additive inverse of the absolute value of twice some number. 4. the absolute value of the sum of two numbers. 5. the sum of the absolute value of two numbers.. 6. The absolute value of the difference of x and y is greater than 5. 7. Three times the absolute value of a number is 8. 8.The absolute value of the sum of two numbers is less than the square of their sum

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

Take a look at any crime statistics of countries around the world and Japan is usually near the bottom. For example, Japan has one of the lowest homicide rates with only about one person murdered per 200,000 people each year. This figure is about 10 times lower than that of the United States. As for Japan's two closest neighbors, it is four times lower than South Korea and 40 times lower than Russia Although there are occasionally sensational murders, clearly, Japan is a very safe country.

• 英語の英訳問題について

近くに添削をしてくれる人がいないので、どなたか間違いを指摘していただけないでしょうか? (1)昨日の夕刊は、日本列島が通常より5日送れて梅雨入りしたと報じた。 (2)たびたびのガソリン値上げにより、小型車の月間販売台数はこの1年間で2割以上増加した。 (3)アメリカ合衆国の2大政党をいえますか? (1)the evening paper of yesterday announced that the Japanese island has entered rain season with five days delayed as usual. (2)Increasing of gas prise at serveral times, the smaller cars-selling has increased more than 20% per month for year. (3)Can you say the two largest parties in USA? (2)が特に自信がありません・・・ よろしくお願いします。

• 英語を勉強しています。添削して頂けませんか。よろしくお願いします。

英語を勉強しています。添削して頂けませんか。よろしくお願いします。 Vegetarians 'get fewer cancers'  Story from BBC NEWS: 菜食主義者はより少ない癌の状態になる BBCニュースの報告 A vegetarian diet may help to protect against cancer, a UK study suggests. 菜食主義者の食餌は癌に対する保護のための手助けをする.英国の研究は示唆する Analysis of data from 52,700 men and women shows that those who did not eat meat had significantly fewer cancers overall than those who did. 52700人の男女からのデータの解析は、肉を食べていない人は、概してする人(肉を食べる人)より著しく少数の“全ての種類の癌”であることを見出した. 疑問点:thatは接続詞?→ 52,700人は男女合計の数と理解したが、根拠は常識的?判断  文章から正確に読み取れるのか? 著者の言いたいのは… 52700人の男女のデータを解析したら、肉をたべない人の方が全ての種類の癌に罹りにくい。 But surprisingly, the researchers also found a higher rate of colorectal cancer - a disease linked with eating red meat - among the vegetarians. しかし重要なことは、また研究者は同時に菜食主義者の結腸直腸癌(赤肉を食べることと関係する)の高い比率を見出した. Writing in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition the team said the findings were worth looking into. 米国臨床栄養学会誌に著述したチームは、この発見は価値ある調査結果であると述べた. Although it is widely recommended that people eat five portions of fruit and vegetables a day to reduce their risk of cancer and other diseases, there is very little evidence looking specifically at a vegetarian diet. 人は癌やその他の疾患のリスクを引下げるために一日に果実および野菜の5人前を食べることを広く推奨されているとはいえ、菜食主義者の食餌について非常に小さな根拠に注目している。 In the latest study, researchers looked at men and women aged 20 to 89 recruited in the UK in the 1990s. 最新の研究において、研究者は1990年代の英国で募集された男女20~80歳に注目した They divided participants into meat-eaters, fish-eaters, vegetarians and vegans. 彼らは参加者を肉食主義者、魚食主義者、菜食主義者および完全な菜食主義者に分けた. During follow-up there were fewer cancers than would be expected in the general population - pro 追跡期間中、おそらく彼らは人々の平均的なグループより健康であるため、一般市民が予想したより少ない癌だった.

• 早急に英語の和訳をお願いします

ヤフーとかエキサイト等の翻訳サイトは勘弁して下さい。 長くて非常に申し訳ないです 英語の得意な方、少し専門的ですがお願い致します。 The most disastrous consequence of depression is suicide. Not everyone who attempts or commits suicide is depressed, however, and suicide thoughts and actions are alarmingly common. Nearly half of all teenagers in the United States say they know someone who has tried to commit suicide (see figure). One in five teenagers admits to attempting or seriously contemplating suicide. Suicide is the ninth leading cause of the death in the United States and third leading cause among people 15 to 24years of age. More people die from suicide than from homicide. Women attempt to commit suicide about three times more often than men do, but men succeed more often than women in killing themselves. The greater number of suicide attempts by women is probably related to the greater incidence of depression among women. The fact that men are more successful in their attempts is related to the choice of method. Until recently, women have tended to use less lethal means, such as cutting their wrists or overdosing on sleeping pills; men are more likely to use firearms or carbon monoxide fumes or to hang themselves. However, with the marked increase in the number of women owning guns, suicide by firearms has now become women's method of first choice. Consequently, the fatality rate for women is changing.(Attempted suicides are successful 80% of the time when firearms are involved, but only 10% of drug or poison ingestions are fatal ――a powerful argument for not keeping firearms in the home.)

• I have been speaking Engl

I have been speaking English for more than 30 minutes two or three times a week lately. 最近私は、週に2,3回30分以上英会話をしています。 次の文の文法の説明が正しいかどうかの判断をお願いします。間違っている箇所があれば修正をお願いいたします。 1 I have been speaking English for more than 30 minutes two or three times a week lately. この英文の文法を日本語で説明すると、次のようになります。 • Iは主語で、一人称単数代名詞です。 • have been speakingは動詞で、現在完了進行形です。現在完了進行形は、過去から現在まで続いている動作や状態を表します。 • Englishは目的語で、名詞です。目的語は動詞の対象や結果を表します。 • for more than 30 minutesは副詞句で、時間を表します。forは前置詞で、期間を表すときに使います。more thanは比較級で、数量や程度を比較するときに使います。30 minutesは名詞句で、30分という時間を表します。 • two or three times a weekも副詞句で、頻度を表します。two or three timesは名詞句で、2回か3回という回数を表します。a weekは名詞句で、1週間という期間を表します。 • latelyは副詞で、最近という意味です。副詞は動詞や形容詞などを修飾します。 この英文は5文型のうちの第2文型に当てはまります。第2文型はS+V+Oという構造で、主語と動詞と目的語があります。 2 Recently, I have been speaking English for more than 30 minutes 2 or 3 times a week. この文は、5文型の第5文型に当てはまります。第5文型は、「S+V+O+C」という構造で、主語(S)、動詞(V)、目的語(O)、補語(C)の4つの要素で構成されています。この文では、「I」が主語(S)、「have been speaking」が動詞(V)、「English」が目的語(O)、「for more than 30 minutes 2 or 3 times a week」が補語(C)です。補語は、主語について何かを説明する言葉です。この文では、「for more than 30 minutes 2 or 3 times a week」が、「I」が英会話をしている時間について説明しています。 3 "I have been having English conversations for 30 minutes or more two to three times a week." この文の文法を日本語で説明すると、以下のようになります: • 主語: I (私) • 動詞: have been having (現在完了進行形) • 目的語: English conversations (英会話) • 時間表現: for 30 minutes or more (30分以上) • 周期: two to three times a week (週に2、3回) この文は、「have been having」という現在完了進行形の構造を持っています。これは、過去のある時点から現在まで続いているアクションを表現します。また、「for 30 minutes or more」という表現は、期間を示しています。 この文は「述語が進行形である」という特徴から、5文型のうちの「現在完了進行形」に当てはまります。

• 16 linear inches, which is the measurement of the heaviest gun

名詞の誤った使い方についての意見です。 People who want to write of heavy bombs, too often call them heavy calibre bombs.This is wrong in every way:bombs are not measured by calibre, but weight, but I am not concerned with that, nor am I much concerned with the fact that calibres are not heavy, the weight of 16 linear inches, which is the measurement of the heaviest gun, being no heavier than the weight of point two five of an inchi,which is the calibre of a rifle I use for rabbits. the weight of 16 linear inches, 以下の文章がはっきりと解りません。 16インチの長さの銃ではないように思えるのですが 最も大きい大砲の口径寸法は十六インチであるが、その重さは、私が兎狩りに使う猟銃の口径.025インチよりも重いとは言えない. ということなのでしょうか? よろしくアドバイスお願いいたします。

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいでしょうか?

Take a look at any crime statistics of countries around the world and Japan is usually near the bottom. For example, Japan has one of the lowest homicide rates with only about one person murdered per 200,000 people each year. This figure is about 10 times lower than that of the United States. As for Japan's two closest neighbors, it is four times lower than South Korea and 40 times lower than Russia Although there are occasionally sensational murders, clearly, Japan is a very safe country. 日本語訳 世界の国々のどんな犯罪統計を見ても日本は通常犯罪発生率が一番下の方です。 例えば日本は、殺人発生件数が、毎年20万人あたりわずか1人と世界でもっとも低い国の一つです。この数値はアメリカよりも約10倍低いのです。 日本にもっとも近い二つの隣国がどうかと言うと、(日本は)韓国より(殺人発生率が)4倍低く、ロシアよりも40倍低いのです。 時折センセーショナルな殺人はあるものの、日本は明らかにとても安全な国です。