異色の情熱- New York timesのKill Bill Vol. 1のレビュー

このQ&Aのポイント
  • タランティーノの知識と映画への情熱が際立つ『Kill Bill』
  • 彼の高概念の暴力振り付けに興奮する一方、映画の質は不安定
  • タランティーノのエンターテイメントと映画への愛が詰まった作品
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

kill billのレビューについて

New York timesのKill Bill Vol. 1のレビューです。 I should probably confess here that Mr. Tarantino's knowledge of these genres, to say nothing of his appetite for them, far surpasses my own (and I'd guess, just about everybody else's as well). But while being so relentlessly exposed to a filmmaker's idiosyncratic turn-ons can be tedious and off-putting, the undeniable passion that drives ''Kill Bill'' is fascinating, even, strange to say it, endearing. Mr. Tarantino is an irrepressible showoff, recklessly flaunting his formal skills as a choreographer of high-concept violence, but he is also an unabashed cinephile, and the sincerity of his enthusiasm gives this messy, uneven spectacle an odd, feverish integrity. とくにこの文章の最後の文(Mr. Tarantino is an からfeverish integrity.の所)の意味がよくわからないんですが、どういう事なんですか? 結局言いたい事は、タランティーノのKill Billへの情熱は魅力的で人を引きつけるけれど、彼のこの情熱が映画をダメにしてしまっている、という事なんですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • joshsan
  • ベストアンサー率39% (116/293)
回答No.1

the sincerity of his enthusiasm /gives /this messy, uneven spectacle /an odd, feverish integrity. A gives B C の構図。AがBにCを与えている。 the sincerity of his enthusiasm :彼の(映画にかける)情熱の誠実さが this messy, uneven spectacle:この乱雑でむらのある壮大な物語に an odd, feverish integrity:奇妙で熱っぽい高潔さを タランティーノは自分を抑えきれない見せびらかしやで、大衆受けする暴力の振付師としての彼の型にはまった技を、考えもなくたれながしている。しかし、彼はまた自分が映画大好き人間であることを隠そうともせず、映画にかける彼の情熱の誠実さが、この乱雑でむらのある壮大な物語に、奇妙で熱っぽい高潔さを与えている。 >結局言いたい事は、タランティーノのKill Billへの情熱は魅力的で人を引きつけるけれど、 >彼のこの情熱が映画をダメにしてしまっている、という事なんですか? 彼一流の暴力表現の垂れ流しなんだけど一途な情熱が感じられて高潔な感じがする、という内容。「批判」と言うより、「容認」。良くも悪くもタランティーノだから、という感じです。

関連するQ&A

• Kill Bill

Kill Bill は"Revenge is a dish best served cold"ということわざで始まります。 このことわざは、復習はすぐにするよりも時間をかけて計画を練ってからした方がいい、という事です。 タランティーノ監督はなぜKill Billをこのことわざで始めたのだと思いますか。また、このことわざは映画のストーリーをどのように関係していると思いますか? 意見を聞かせてください。

• Kill Bill

Kill Billのレビューを読んでいるんですがちょっと分からない箇所があるのでお聞きします。 It's unsettling that "Vol. 1" gets so much of its juice from other movies. Tarantino clearly wants us to take pleasure in the groovy kicks and wild style he has thrilled to over the years ― the Bride's opening fight against queenly beauty Vivica A. Fox takes place in the key of Pam Grier. But the movie love can make it hard to hear the human pulse beneath the noise (it's there, if faint), much less see if there's anything new going on. Connoisseurs of exploitation films ― in particular, extreme Asian cinema ― will likely find the tsunamis of blood and flying body parts gory fun, as well as old (headless) hat. But I think Tarantino wants to do more than flatter his hard-core loyalists; greater ambition pulses through this movie, however misdirected. これはLA Timesのレビューの一部なんですが、途中で出てくる、「But the movie love can make it hard to hear the human pulse beneath the noise (it's there, if faint), much less see if there's anything new going on. 」ってどういう事なんですか? human pulseは人間の心情ですよね? beneath the noiseって言うのはどういう意味なんですか? 単純に、映画に雑音が入っていて人間の心情が読み取りにくいという意味でいいんですか? 誰かアドバイスをお願いします。

• kill billについて

While the Bride is in the hospital, a cretinous orderly named Buck rents out her unconscious body for sex; when she wakes up, she kills Buck's latest customer by chewing off part of his face, and then takes care of Buck by slamming his head in a metal door. Compared with this, the long, intricate climax, during which the Bride takes on 88 yakuza fighters and litters a Tokyo nightclub with their severed limbs and writhing trunks, feels as insouciant and elegant as a show-stopping musical number. この文章はkill bill vol. 1 の感想何ですが、compared からの文章がよくわからないんですが、「feels as insouciant and elegant as a show-stopping musical number. 」ってどういう事なんですか? insouciant とelegant ってこの文章ではどういう意味何ですか?

• clean bill とは?

以下は3日付web版CNNの新年度の予算案が議会を通過しないのでアメリカ政府がshutdownしたという記事の一部です。最後から2番目のパラグラフにある he was willing to allow a vote on a clean bill. という文章中のbillは法案というのは分かりますが、clean billというのは何の事でしょうか? ---------------------------------- Washington (CNN) -- A small but growing group of House Republicans is increasingly worried about the fallout from the government shutdown and say it's time for Speaker John Boehner to allow a simple vote on a spending bill. Defunding Obamacare can wait for now, they say. "I'm trying to be optimistic but at the same time I have a really, really tough time when people are out of work and they can't pay their bills," Rep. Michael Grimm of New York told reporters Wednesday. "Though it might be a political loss for us ... this is an untenable situation." Rep. Scott Rigell, whose Virginia district is home to a significant number of military members and civilian contractors, was one of the first to publicly break away. "We fought the good fight," he said in a tweet on Tuesday, but acknowledged it was time to move on. Boehner hosted small groups of concerned members on Wednesday. A spokesman for Boehner declined to talk about the sessions. A Republican source familiar with one of Wednesday's meetings said Boehner listened, but didn't signal he was willing to allow a vote on a clean bill. "They weren't strong-armed, and they weren't asked to step back," the source said of the moderates in the meeting. It was taken as a positive sign that Boehner wasn't trying to muzzle the effort. -------------------------

• 英語 和訳

(1)Animals in the wild lead lives of compulsion and necessity within an unforgiving social hierarchy in an environment where the supply of fear is high and the supply of food low and where territory must constantly be defended and parasites forever endured. (2)But such an event is less likely to happen than for a member of our own species,say a shopkeeper with all the usual ties-to family,to friends,to society-to drop everything and walk away from his life with only the space change in his pockets and the clothes on his frame. (3)If human beings,boldest and most intelligent of creatures,will not wander from place to place,why would an animal,which is by temperament far more conservative? (1)~(3)の英文の和訳どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• That’s big of him.

Q: Invalid Marriage: We recently found out that my “husband” is still married to his first wife. I feel like a fraud and want to get an annulment. My “husband” feels like it’s no big deal. It’s a big deal to me. What say you, Prudence? A: Someone who marries his second wife while still married to his first wife is someone who would say bigamy is no big deal. That’s big of him. That’s big of him.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

Think of it this way. Each of us is, more or less, an egg. Each of us is a unique, irreplaceable soul enclosed in a fragile shell. This is true of me, and it is true of each of you. And each of us, to a greater or lesser degree, is "The System". The System is supposed to protect us, but sometimes it take on a life of its own, and then it begins to kill us and cause us to kill others-coldly, efficiently, systematically.

• 翻訳教えて下さい。

Waiting The first and most important point in infant observation is the non-interference of the parent, usually the mother. She must refrain from initiating play or selecting which toys the child will play with. At the same time she is told to remain connected to the child and to immerse herself in his activity. As the parent empties herself of expectations, knowledge and desires in order to participate in an empathic way with her child's play, she starts feeling what he feels and merges with his emotional field. Watching In the presence of an observer, the parent watches her infant play and connects with him. When a mother speaks, what is important is not so much the content of what she says, but the subtle musical attunement to the moods and moves of the baby. The infant communicates his experience through his body, his face, his gestures, his screamings. The slightest moves on the baby's face are meaningful. The presence of the observer may allow the parent to develop awareness of her own simultaneous emotional reactions to the child's expressions and to understand her baby not through analysis, but through presence and awareness of what he does communicate of who he is and what he wants.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします(中学~高校レベル)

辞書片手に英作文を行いました。つたない英語で申し訳ありませんが、以下の文において、文法的な間違いがありましたら、添削をお願いします。 In any case, I don't think suicide is all right. Mr.A and his doctor's decision is stupid. I know "Where there is life, there is hope". We can do nothing without life. Nothing is more important than life. Suicide can release peopple from pain, but also takes away their future and joy. How painful he was, he should try to live. Though he had an incurable disease, it's only one of trial of his life. In fact, there are many people have an incurable disease and try to live better. I think A's decision was wishful thinking. I also have an incurable disease of skin, but I've never thought suicide. It's wrong to choose death in any case.

• すごーく長いので、出来たら訳をお願いしたいです

He is an interesting man, but there has been obscurity and misery in his life. He has faced some long and hard past ordeal, or unfavorable circumstances or darkness of spirit has shadowed him and dogged his footsteps. He is stalwart and hardened by the struggle, and a little fatalistic and guided often on his course by his instincts as to what will bring him luck and what wont. He knows what direction he wants to follow in life and struggles against adversities in a dignified way. But he is an unsettled man with a changing unreliable life and a restless determination to rise about him. One who is never at rest or at peace but always on the move. He has a receptive mind, a wild energy and life of much turmoil and contradiction. An ambitious man, but with many impractical dreams, who fools himself into thinking he is capable of achieving more than he can, and so no matter how hard he tries, how successful he is. his goals remain always distant, out of reach or just beyond his capability. He is one of life's takers, not one of life's givers. He takes what's given for granted and exploits it in any way he can, to get further gains. To heap up favours or wealth, a grasping nature, that when given something, extracts more, but gives little or nothing back. He ceases opportunities where he can. Lives by his wits exploits his own reserves, but fails to learn from his bad luck and failures. すみません。やはり長すぎますね・・