Understanding and Translating a Confusing English Text

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Are you struggling to understand a confusing English text? Get expert help and learn how to accurately translate the text.
  • Need assistance in deciphering a puzzling English text? Our team of experts can help you understand and translate the text effectively.
  • Having trouble comprehending a complex English text? We provide professional guidance and translation services to help you make sense of the content.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の内容がわかりません。

I can promise that i will think happy thoughts of you and might email you. if you ever need me for a dinner or a email or... you have but to ask. 私はあなたのうまいつきを考えて、あなたに メールするかもしれないと約束することが できます。 もしあなたが夕食かメールかその他の事で 私が必要とするなら、あなたはできますが、 しかし何がしてほしいのか尋ねさせて 下さい?? どこからどう訳していいのか、どういう気持ちで言ってる のかくみとれません。 少し省略してかいていますが、どなたか教えていただけます でしょうか?  宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

I can promise that i will think happy thoughts of you あなたについて、楽しいことを考えるだろうことを、約束します。 =断言するけど、あなたのことは、楽しい思い出になるでしょう。 =あなたのことを悪く思ったりは絶対しません。 and might email you. そして、あなたにメールするかもしれません。 (「メールします(will email)」ではなく、「メールするかもしれません)」になっているところが、少し微妙ですね。) if you ever need me for a dinner or a email or... もし、食事やメール…(それから、その他のことでも)の相手に、私が必要なら you have but to ask.=you have only to ask.=you only have to ask. 頼みさえすればよいのです。=そう言ってくれさえすれば、お付き合いします。

masami4493
質問者

お礼

happy thoughts of you を名詞のthoughtじゃなくて think of you の方の過去形の思い出すだったんですね? a happy thoughtでうまい思いつきって辞書にのっていました。 全然違いましたね。聞いてよかったです。 多分メールが来ないので、mightなんですね。これは納得です。 思い出す方は絶対の未来系。なるほど。 You have but to askはそのような解釈になるのですか!! 全然解りませんでした。have toだったのですね。そうですね。 それならば頼めばってことですね。どうしても~する必要がある、 尋ねる必要があるなんて思ってしまいましたし、butで、 なんとなく悪い意味があるのかななんて、思っていましたが、 そのようないい意味でしたか。 何故だかそれまで私が英語力がないので、一行づつのメールでしたが、 これは解らなかったです。お答えありがとうございました。 大変助かりました。

masami4493
質問者

補足

ごめんなさい。お礼をいれた後でもうしわけありませんが、 You have but to askの butは 副詞として 使われてるのでしょうか? 文の構造を教えていただけたら ありがたいです。you only have to ask.とかかないのは 何か違うニュウアンスがあるのでしょうか?それともこの方が 口語っぽいということでしょうか?たびたびすみません。

関連するQ&A

• 英文確認

私はあなたに変なことを聞くかもしれません。 あなたは怒っていますか? 私は感情に敏感です。 たがらあなたが怒っているのかどうかが気になり、このような質問をしました。 I might ask you a strange thing. are you angry? I am sensitive to feelings. I was worried whether you were angry or not, so I asked a question like this. この英文に間違えがありましたら教えて頂けますと幸いです。

• 英文として誤っているものを1つずつ…

英文として誤っているものを1つずつ… (1) ア You need not have to see him. イ We don't have to leave now. ウ He has only to study hard. エ We all have to go there. (2) ア What you say might be true. イ It was very cold. I might be in the Arctic. ウ He said he might be home late. エ Might I borrow your tape recorder. (3) ア I dare say you are right. イ I daren't to look down. ウ How dare you speak to me like that? エ I never dared to ask him. (4) ア I think we had best stop now. イ I'd sooner go on. ウ We don't have better go on any farther. エ You'd better keep quiet about this. 本当に急いでます。 出来れば解説もあると嬉しいです! よろしくお願いします!

• 英文添削おねがいします。

Students practiced these conversations last week. 先週この会話を練習した。 So I want you to ask students some questions from these questions. だから生徒にこの質問からいくつか生徒に質問してほしい。 A class is 〇〇 min. 授業は〇〇分、 There are 〇〇 students in a class. 一つのクラスに〇〇人いる。 A student has about a minute. 一人約一分。 So I think you can ask him or her about 3 – 5 questions. だから3~5問くらい質問できると思う。 And If the student ask any questions, give him or her bonus point.(5 is maximum point.) もし生徒がなにか質問してきたら、ボーナスポイントをあげて。(最大5点) よろしくおねがいします。

• 英文訳詞教えてください!

ebayでアイテムを日本に発送してくれるかについて質問したのですが、 以下のような回答が届きました。 I HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING YOU AN ITEM BUT THE SHIPPING COSTS WOULD BE ABOUT DOUBLE ARE YOU GOING TO PAY WITH PAYPAL OR MONEY ORDER I NEED YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN FIND OUT HOW MUCH IT WILL COST TO SHIP THIS ITEM TO YOU AND A EMAIL ADDRESS CAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU A PICTURE OF ALL OF THE FRISCHS THAT I HAVE BECAUSE YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN BUYING THEM THANKS LES 最後の文の絵を送りたいとゆう意味がよく分からないのですが、 どなたか英語が得意な方がいましたら教えてください! よろしくお願い致します!

• messege の 内容

すいませんが教えて下さい。 遠距離のアメリカから彼からのメールです。 ちょっとした喧嘩からギクシャクしてしまい長文メールがきました。 わからない部分があるので教えていただけたら。。。。 Please take some time to think about everything I said. I know this is the best decision for both of us. Please respect me by giving me some time. please don't text me for one month and think about everything. You can email me in 1 month. But you need some time to get over me. Thank you. と。 わからないのは Please respect me by giving me some time. と But you need some time to get over me. です。 どうか教えてください。

• 英文のメールですがわかりません。

すいませんが教えて下さい。 遠距離のアメリカから彼からのメールです。 ちょっとした喧嘩からギクシャクしてしまい長文メールがきました。 わからない部分があるので教えていただけたら。。。。 Please take some time to think about everything I said. I know this is the best decision for both of us. Please respect me by giving me some time. please don't text me for one month and think about everything. You can email me in 1 month. But you need some time to get over me. Thank you. と。 わからない

• 英文の内容について教えてください。

ある製品を個人売買で売って、そのライセンスの譲渡についてメーカーに問い合わせたら 以下のような返事がきました。 you need to sell your product and contact me after that by e-mail together with the new owner. これは売った後に売主だけでなく、買主もメールで連絡が必要ということで よいでしょうか? 自信が無いのでどうかよろしくお願いいたします。

• この英文であっていますか?

英訳文があっているかどうか、どなたか見ていただけないでしょうか。 「バレンタインデーの過ごし方って国によって全然違うみたいですね。あなたがいつか日本に来たら、きっと日本のバレンタインデーが気に入ると思いますよ。遅くなったけどあなたにバレンタインカードをe-mailで送っておきました。」 英訳文は ↓ です。 It seems like it's different from country to country how you spend St. Valentine's Day. If you come to Japan, I think you will like the Japanese version. It's a little too late, but I sent you a card by e-mail. どなたかよろしくお願いいたします m(_ _)m

• メールの内容のミスの修正をお願いします

私は海外の友達にメールを送っているのですが、まだミスがたぶんかなり多いので間違いを修正してほしいです。 こんにちは Hello 私はアイミにE-mailアドレスを尋ねました。 I asked Aimi the E-mail address. でも、彼女はパソコンを使うことができないようです。 But, she seems not to be able to use the computer. アイミはパソコンを使えるようになったら、きっとあなたにメールを送るでしょう。If it comes to be able to use tha personal computer,Aimi send you E-mail. 私とゲンは多分来年、オーストラリアに戻ると思う。 Gen and I think that I will return to Australia perhaps next year.私は、来年あなたに会うのが楽しみです。For me, meeting next year and you is the enjoyments. そういえば、ゲンはエイミーの事が気になるらしいよ。 Incidently, Gen seems to be anxious about Amy's thing. そう、彼は好きなのかもね。 He might love so. 最近レベッカから返事が遅いのですが、私はレベッカに何か怒らせるようなことを言ってしまったのか、レベッカに聞いてもらえますか? Recently,could I ask to have said some Rebekar is made angry though the reply of E-mail of Rebekar is a little Late? こんな感じなのですがよろしくお願いします。

• 英文を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようとしていますが、なぜかログインできません。エラー画面になります。そのことを相手に伝えてたら4つの返信が来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 that is so strange, I just ran through it and it seemed fine. Can you please resubmit it, there may be a chance you need to re-register on the site under a new email, sorry about this, I’m not quite sure what happened but I assure you this is not normal, I am so sorry but I can’t get the order together without the office and the shipping department, I am so sorry but ordering online should be the fastest I think you may need to sing up as a regular customer with the below link, you may need to use a different email, but you can use 00050 and get 50% off your entire order. Can you prepare this for me and confirm it is in stock. I went ahead and sent you the invoice I applied the 50% off and the invoice, the office will close in a few hours so if you can pay now that would be great if not there may be a week wait. But if you pay first we can reserve the AAA as many of these AAA are very popular. Thank you again! Please confirm your shipping address and phone number once you have submitted payment.