• 締切済み

英訳を見ていただきたいです。

「(新たな政策を)創造する理由は、地理的要因、所得水準、文化、宗教などが異なるため、先進国で有効であった政策が、そのまま途上国に適応できると事はなく、最も効果的な政策も都市によって異なると考えるためである。」という日本文です。 やはりこれは一文で英訳するには長すぎるでしょうか? = The reason why I create is different nations has different deal because of difference such as geographical features, income level, culture, and religion. といった感じに、一文で訳しました。このくらいの文の長さなら、ネイティブにも違和感無く読めるでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.4

No.2です。お返事を有難うございました。下記のように添削させていただきました。 1.create:「政策を作る」はformulate「(政策)を立てる」という動詞を使います。 2.advanced nations:先進国はcountryで表しました。 3.can not apply:この助動詞の位置が文法的に正しくありません。 4.訳例は以下の通りです。 The reason why we formulate a new policy is that the policies adapted to each nation is most effective, for the policies effecting on advanced countries can’t be applied to directly to the developing countries, because of their different factors in geography, culture, religion and the living standard. (直訳)「我々が新たな政策をつくる理由は、それぞれの国家に適した政策が、最も効果的だからである。というのは、先進国で有効であった政策は、地理的、文化的、宗教的要因や生活水準などの異なる要因のため、そのまま途上国に適応できないからである。 となります。 以上ご参考までに。

回答No.3

まず、貴英文の添削は、 The reason why I create a new policy is (that) different nations need different policies because of differences in such as geographical factor, income level, culture, and religion. くらいになると思います。 で、貴日本文ですが、この内容を英訳する際には、以下のような疑問・質問がまず頭にきます。そうでないと、適切な英文が書けないでしょう。 1.どういう目的ですか? 会議での発言、文書? 個人それとも組織としての見解? (国ないし都市のための発言ですが、そのようなもののための政策に言及とはどんな立場でしょうか?) 2.政策は、「その必要性がある」のか「創造・提案した/する」でしょうか? 3.前半は「国」にで、後半は「都市」に言及しています。どちらが対象の「政策」についてですか? (また、文化や宗教などは「国」レベルのことでしょうから「都市別」にはなじまない) 比較するものが違う場合は同じセンテンスに入れにくい。 4.「途上国にそのまま適用できない」といいきってますが、その字の通りか、または、そこまでは言い切れないが・・・どちらのニュアンスでしょうか? で、国レベルの政策と解し(上記は勝手に創造し) The reason why it is necessary to create a new policy is policies that have worked well in advanced countires are not always effectively applicable as is (またはas they are)to developing counties because of differences in such as .... 参考にしていただければ・・・

• Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 まず、日本語を英訳しやすい語、並びにかえます。 新たな政策をつくる理由は、 それぞれの都市に適した政策が、最も効果的だからである。 というのは、 異なる地理的、文化的、宗教的要因や生活水準のため、 先進国で有効であった政策は、そのまま途上国に適応できないからである。 これで英文を作ってみて下さい。1文で大丈夫です。また添削致します。 ご参考までに。

ma19801980
質問者

補足

The reason why I create is the deal that was effective in advanced nations can not apply to developing nations as it is because of the difference of geographical features, income level, culture, and religion. でいかがでしょうか。

• humani
  • ベストアンサー率8% (9/107)
回答No.1

先進国と途上国のくだりは?

関連するQ&A

• This is the reason why..

下のpassageでThis is the reason whyで始まる文が2つありますが、2つ目の文の論理がよくわかりません。(This is the reason why.....,becauseの文は初めて見たので混乱しています。) This is the reason whyのthisは具体的に何をさすのでしょうか。 できれば、下の2番目の段落部分を訳していただければ幸いです。 Different countries have each unique cultures and traditions for which it is being reflected in their clothing. This is the reason why we have traditional clothes. These attires are very significant as it depicts the history of the country and it also makes a distinction from all other countries as their unique identity. Each country came up with different designs and materials of traditional clothes depending on the customs and the history of their country as well. This is the reason why traditional clothes play a very important role in one’s nation, because it conveys a story of the country’s past momentous events. よろしくお願いします。

• 高校英語です。和訳お願いします!

下の文を和訳お願いします。 Language erects as many barriers as bridges. There is a deep-rooted tendency to dislike, to distrust, and to regard as inferior individuals or groups speaking a language different from one's own just as one considers the monkey a lower animal because it has no language at all. Culture now is transmitted largely by language; the greater the language difference, the greater the cultural distance. More powerful groups will often attempt to force their languages on those they conquer. This not only awakens hatred among the conquered but also tends to weaken their native culture long before they can achieve any real understanding of the culture being imposed upon them. Possibly, thern, language has destroyed as much culture as it has produced.

• 文章から質問が二つあります。

Every foreign resident has a different reason for why they come to Japan. Some come to study Japanese culture, such as manga, flower arranging or the tea ceremony. Others come to study martial arts, such as judo or karate. Yet others come to teach English or because of a Japanese boyfriend or girlfriend they met overseas. The reason I came to Japan is "none of the above." In my case, it all started with a university timetable. 週刊STの過去エッセイ(Why did you come to Japan?) にあったパラグラフです。 質問1: reason for why のforはあってもなくてもいいですか? 質問2: 「~の人もいれば、~の人もいる、しかしまた~の人もいる」 こういう文を書きたい時、some~, some~, but others~.という形も使えますか? 上記のパラグラフに出てきた使い方を知らなかったので疑問に思いました。 解説お願いします。

• 和訳していただけませんか?

どなたか下の文を和訳していただけませんか? In contrast to the Great Depression in 1929, the government took different economic stimulus measures to deal with the financial crisis in 2008, pumping more money into the financial system and keeping the interest rates low to avert a credit crunch. In 1929 the Hoover administration failed to print enough money. This cash flow crisis had devastating consequences such as bank failures and bank runs in the early stage of the Great Depression, pushing the unemployment rate up to 25% in 1993. Other nations also suffered from high unemployment rates during that period: Australia was 29%, Canada 27% and France 27% in1993.

• 留学志望の添削をお願いします!!

現在大学生です。カナダへの留学を希望しており、留学志望書を書いているのですが・・・ I have three objects for this studying abroad program. First, it is to get ability which can handle correct business English and can use daily conversation. I want to work all over the world in the future, and globalization apread at a high speed. After a few years, we will not work enough without English. In addition to, communication is very important not only daily life but also work. So, I think that I have to get on these abilities. Second, it is to learn Canadian culture and Christianity. The religion affects the country culture and daily life in many foreign countries. It is a part of difference points from Japan. I feel difference about the religion from my experience through studying abroad and want to apply at work or life in the future. Finally, it is to make a lot of friends. I have only Japanese friends. Most people have the same sense of values as Japanese, so I hardly find a brand new attitude over the nation. If I make a lot of friends without nationality, Iwoll be able to get 800 TOEIC score. This goal is very difficult for me. But it is not impossible and I have a confidence that I achieve this goal, becaouse I can effort than average person and my character is never-give-up attitude. When I enrolled at a university, my TOEIC score is 365. However I wanted to take part in this studying abroad program. I could not get qualification be second grade, but I can participate in this studying abroad in fact. I have never gone to study abroad like other people, so I will be able to grow up than other participations. At any rate, I am the most enthusiasm student for this studying abroad program. This is my participation reason for this program.

• not essentiallyの和訳について(05年度通訳ガイド筆記試験より)

With the exception of land prices, the costs of goods and services in Japan are not essentially different, relative to income, from the same costs in other developed nations. A good dinner and a night in a hotel, a new stereo-sound system, or tuition in a private school will cost a Japanese family the same proportion of gross income as it would an American family. (和訳1)ハローより 「地価を除いて、 日本における商品やサービスの価格は、収入と比較して他の先進国における同じ商品やサービスの価格と本質的に異なるものではない。 ホテルでのおいしい食事と一泊、新品のステレオシステム、あるいは私立学校の授業料に、日本の家庭は、アメリカの家庭がかけるであろうと同じ、 総収入に占める割合のお金をかけるのだ。」 (和訳2)国際観光振興機構より 「地価という例外を除いて、日本における財とサービスにかかるお金は、収入から相対的に考えると、他の先進国とそれほど変わっているというわけではない。ホテルでいい食事をして一泊すること、新しいステレオコンポを買うこと、あるいは私立学校の授業料、といったものにかかるお金の、総収入に対する比率は、アメリカの家庭でも日本の家庭でも同じである。」 (質問)not essentiallyの訳が分かりません。ジーニアス(2002)には「(否定文で)必ずしも」と書いてあり、いかにも部分否定のような感じがする訳が載っております。ただ、この用法の用例をいろいろな辞書で調べてみたのですが載っておりません。 そこで質問ですが、 (1)この文中のnot essentiallyは部分否定(必ずしも~というわけじゃない)の訳語でもよいのか? (2)not essentiallyが部分否定だとしたら、それの何かよい例文を教えていただきたく思います。 以上、宜しくお願いします。

• メールの意味を教えてください

2012/01/30 (月)に受信してたメールなのですが、 英文で意味が分からないので教えてください。 メールの内容は --------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Google user, We're getting rid of over 60 different privacy policies across Google and replacing them with one that's a lot shorter and easier to read. Our new policy covers multiple products and features, reflecting our desire to create one beautifully simple and intuitive experience across Google. We believe this stuff matters, so please take a few minutes to read our updated Privacy Policy and Terms of Service at http://www.google.com/policies. These changes will take effect on March 1, 2012. One policy, one Google experience --------------------------------------------------------------------- と書いてあり、翻訳すると、 拝啓、グーグル・ユーザ、 私たちはグーグルを横切って60以上の異なるプライバシー・ポリシーを取り除いており、ずっと短く、読むのがより簡単な一つにそれらを取り替えています。 私たちの新しい政策は、グーグルを横切って1つの美しく単純で直観的な経験を生み出す私たちの望みを反映して、多数の製品および特徴をカバーします。 私たちはこの材料を問題と考えて、したがって、http://www.google.com/policiesで私たちの最新のプライバシー・ポリシーおよび利用規約を読むために数分をとってください。 これらの変更は2012年3月1日に効果を現わすでしょう。 とのことですが、結局なんなのでしょうか? ただのお知らせですか?

• 英語 長文

訳をお願いします。 In the world of advertising selling products is the most important goal. As companies are becoming more global, they are looking for new ways to sell their products all over the world. It is true that because of global communication, the world is becoming smaller today. But it is also true that the problems of global advertising_____problems of language and culture _____have become larger than ever. For example, Braniff Airlines wanted to advertise its fine leather seats. But when its advertisement was translated from English to Spanish, it told people that they could fly naked! Another example of incorrect translation is how a car maker, Chevrolet, tried to market the Chevy Nova in Latin America. In English, the word nova refers to a star. But in Spanish, it means "doesn't go." Would you buy a car with this name? To avoid these problems of translation, most advertising firms are now beginning to write completely new advertisements. In writing new advertisements, global advertisers consider the different styles of communication in different countries. In some culture, the meaning of an advertisement is usually found in the exact words (アare/describe/that/to/used) the product. This is true in such countries as the United States, Britain, and Germany. But in other culture, such as Japan's, the message depends more on situations and feelings than (イit does) on words. For this reason, the goal of many TV commercials in Japan is to show how good people feel at a party or other social situation. The commercial will not say that a product is better than others. Instead, its goal will be to create a positive mood or feeling about the product. アは並べ替えで イはit とdoesはそれぞれ何を指すのか答える問題です。 お願いします。

• 長文問題

【本文】 Through a combination of immigration and difference in birthrate among ethnic groups, many countries in western Europe are experiencing a change in their ethnic and cultural composition. There are various reactions to these developments. At one end of the range are the radical cosmopolitans, who view nation states and national identities as dangerously old-fashioned. At the other end are the ethnic nationalists who wish to defend the purity of their own nation against all newcomers. My own position lies between these extremes. Immigration on a modest scale brings benefits in the form of diversity and new ideas, but the pace of the present transformation in Europe worries me. I believe it inevitably invites conflict.I also believe that nations are historical communities that have the right to shape their own collective future as they see fit, and to resist developments that gradually injure their identity and sense of continuity. I do not believe that national identity can, or should, be remade at will by a cosmopolitan elite to be consistent with its own vision of how the world should be. Many nations, especially in Europe, have deep roots and their existence promotes the global diversity that cosmopolitans claim to value. Many cosmopolitans agree that “oppressed peoples”such as the Palestinians have rights to a homeland and identity, but they deny such rights to the historic majorities of western Europe. European nation states are facing a challenge on many different levels. It is not just an issue of immigration and ethnic transformation. Global economic developments in trade, production and finance have partly undermined the internal unity of their national economies, while political developments are challenging their sovereignty and internal democratic structures. It is not surprising that the people most hostile to immigration are also the most hostile to economic globalization and to supranational institutions. They are raising, although often in anti-foreigner form, issues of community, identity and self-determination that should concern all democrats. Benedict Anderson invented the term “imagined community” to describe a nation. Some writers have interpreted this term as practically equal to“imaginary”and therefore unreal. But this is false. A nation is no more imaginary than a language. Indeed,they are similar and related. Both have an abstract, symbolic aspect that establishes a connection between people who do not personally know each other. Both have historical roots and, once established in the minds of the people, take on a life of their own. A nation is a community and as such is to some extent exclusive. Its members share a sense of common identity and have special moral duties to each other. The national community also has moral duties to outsiders, although these are more limited than towards its own members. Not everyone in the community will share this sense of identity and duty to the same extent. Some people may hardly feel part of the nation at all because they are too self-absorbed or too cosmopolitan in attitude. Some people may identify strongly with certain features of the nation, but not with others. But these differences do not matter, as long as there is enough common ground to give the nation internal unity and preserve a sense of historical continuity. 本文の原文は、こちらのページから引用しました。 http://www.gakushuin.ac.jp/univ/adm/adm/test/ippan/05/q/1e.pdf 設問はこのページの問題とほぼ同じでした。 A,C,F,Hの問いについて、お願いします。自分は、イ,イ,ロ,ロと選んで見ました。特にAの問いが良く分かりませんでした。

• 英訳(誰が英訳をお願いします。)

PAYPALより払い戻しがありましたが、 私は決して注文分をキャンセルしておりません。 あなたのところから発送が遅れているため 私はPAYPAL経由で私の保証期間を確保するために、異議申し立てをして 注文分を早く発送するようお願いしただけです。 キャンセルはしてませんので誤解しないようにお願い致します。 現在、私の注文分は取り消しになったのでしょうか? あなたから返事で あなたのサプライヤから入荷が遅れるとのことでしたので いつになれば発送できるのか正確な情報を私は知りたいです。 質問したら無視しないで必ず返事していただけないでしょうか 宜しくお願い致します。 誰か英訳お願いできませんか 宜しくお願い致します。