• ベストアンサー

添削とleftについてです。

こんにちは. 高校1年生です.宜しくお願いいたします。 和訳の添削をお願いします。 After the Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923, a lot of sushi chefs left Tokyo and nigirizushi spread throughout Japan. →1923年の関東大震災の後、多くの寿司シェフは、東京とnigirizushiを日本中至る所に広げられる・・ まで訳したのですが,leftの使い方が辞書を調べますとたくさんあります。どのように使い分けたらよいでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • komimasaH
  • ベストアンサー率16% (179/1067)
回答No.1

left Tokyo=東京を去る、and nigirizushi以降は違う内容で、(寿司職人が東京以外のところに働き始めたので)握り寿司が全国に広まったという意味です。spreadは自動詞で、広まるという意味です。 >→1923年の関東大震災の後、多くの寿司シェフは、東京とnigirizushiを日本中至る所に広げられる・・ 多くの寿司職人たちが東京を去り、その結果握り寿司は日本全国に広まった。

gladkitty
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました. とても参考になり感謝しています. 分かりやすかったです^^

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

この left は leave の過去形では? 1923年の関東大震災の後、多くの寿司職人は東京を離れ、握り寿司は日本中に広がりました。 と私は訳しました。どおでしょ?

gladkitty
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました. とても参考になり感謝しています. leftの使い方がよく分かりました!

関連するQ&A

• 数を表す表現について

どうも。今回は「関東大震災の被害報告です。数を表す表現とその表現が説明する名詞に誤りがあと7個あります。」 本文が・・・ Earthquakes can cause much different kinds of damage. In the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, great deal of damage and a lots of deaths came as a result of fires. Maby people didn't have no water to put out the fires because the earthquake caused large water pipes to break. There was a little they could do to stop their houses from burning down. The fires spread quickly, too, due to high winds from a nearby typhoon. Tsunamis reached the coast few minutes after the quake, each ones causing more death and destruction. Fifty-seven large aftershocks were felt. In all, the earthquake destroyed 570,000 homes and almost two million of people were left homeless. 以上です。1文目のmuchがmanyというのが誤りの例です。このほかに7つ、お願いします。 皆さんのご協力お待ちしています♪

• 次の英訳文を見て(添削)ください。

私は、以前から、英語で日記を書いているのですが、 いつも感じることは、「日記は、通常、『過去形past tense』で書きなさい」と言われてきたのですが、  日記の中で(過去形の世界の中で)、未来的なことを書こうとすると、 それがどうしても浮かんでこないし、would be とかshould be程度しか出てこないし、 無理に未来の形にしようとすると、日記(過去)の世界から飛び出して、普通の未来形になってしまいます。(それでもいいのでしょうか)  とりあえず、今日の最大の話題を英語文にしてみました。 上述のことも含めて、添削をしていただけないでしょうか。 【日本語文→英語の訳文】 ●2020年のオリンピック開催都市が東京に決まった。 It was decided that the Olympics host city in 2020 would be Tokyo. ●多くの関係者や政府もその決定に喜んでいる。 Many persons concerned and Japanese governments were also pleased with the determination.  (Many persons concernedはMany persons とconcernedの間にthatを入れた方がいいのでしょうか。) ●景気回復や、東日本大震災の被災者に明るさと元気を取り戻せるばかりでなく、その経済効果は3兆円ともいわれるからだ。 Because it is not only can regain brightness, hope and energy for the disaster victim of the East Japan great earthquake and the economic recovery for many the Japanese nation, but (also) the effect of economic will be around 3 trillion yen. (国民というとき、いつもnationの下にgreen lineが付いてしまいます。-MicroSoft wordの場合-これは、おかしいあるいは間違っている言い回しなのでしょうか。) ●しかし、東日本大震災の復興や、毎日400トンもの汚染水が漏れているという福島の原発への対策が後回しにされ、風化されてしまい、被災者の希望には決してつながらないと、私は強い疑念をいだく。 However, revival of the East Japan great earthquake and the measure against the nuclear power plant of Fukushima that no less than 400 tons of polluted water leaked out every day, and the problem was postponed and never lead to disaster victims' hope, I will bear a strong doubt. (「汚染」という場合はpollutedだと思ったのですが辞書には contaminatedもあって、どちらがいいのかわかりません。([英辞郎]は持っていないです)

• 和訳

翻訳サイトで訳すと意味がわからない文になってしまうため、どなたかに訳していただきたいです。 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。 A growing number of people who have never visited Japan have taken a renewed interest in Japanese food, lifestyle and design. The meaning of ゛Made in Japan" is changing rapidly. Tokyo-based Brendan McMahon, an expert on brands in Asia, says, ゛People aren't looking to Japan only for electronic goods but ideas about how to live. Westerners see the Japanese have a culture of natural health in diet and lifestyle, and they want to learn from it." Sushi, of course, was the trailblazer for Japanese cultural exports. It firmly established the image of Japanese food as both delicious and healthy. One legend says the history of modern nigiri sushi began at a street-food stall in Edo in 1824. The stall's owner, Hanaya Yohei, first crowned vinegared rice with a slice of raw fish. Soon nigiri-sushi stalls opened one after another in Edo. The United States played an important role in sushi's crossover from native cuisine to a global food. The West Coast accepted sushi first. The California roll, which was invented in 1973 in Los Angeles by a Japanese chef, helped make sushi more popular than ever before. Following this, several new kinds of American-style sushi were born. Sushi became the new health food, especially among the upper-middle class. Gradually sushi spread across the country with the growing health boom of the 70s and 80s. For a long time, however, a lot of Americans hesitated to eat raw fish. Sushi was thought of as a special food for health-conscious people. In 1994, when Matsuhisa Nobuyuki opened a Japanese restaurant in Manhattan, sushi finally arrived in the fashion mainstream. One key to Nobu's success was his ゛new-style sashimi." For example, one of his creations was raw fish, ginger spears, shallots and ponzu sauce with heated sesame and olive oil poured over the top.

• 英作文の添削

英作文の練習をしているのですが、自分では分からないので、添削して欲しいです。冠詞、複数か単数かが苦手です。 1 いつ地震が起こるか分からないが、地震の予知ができる日もそう遠くはないだろう。→We don't know when an earthquake happens, but it won't be long before we can predict it. 2 私たちの宿泊したホテルの前は、特に、交通の多い通りで、左右を見て渡らないと危険でした。→There was especially large traffic in our staying hotel,so we were dangerous without paying attention to the left and right. 3 眠る時間が少なくていいという人は、時間がたっぷり使えるのでうらやましい限りです。→I am very envious of people who need only little sleeping time because thay can a lot of time. 4 日本の学生は、創造的な研究開発のできる学生を、育てなければならない。→The Japanese universities must nurture students who can do creative studies and developments. 5 昨夏の夏北海道を旅行していたとき、何年間も会わなかった友人に出会った。→When I traveled to Hokkaido in the summer last year, I happened to meet a friend I hadn't meet. 6 意味のわからない字に出会ったら、私はいつも辞書を引くことにしている。→Whenever I find a word I don't know,I always look it up in a dictionary.

• 急いでいます。和訳お願いします!!

下記の質問を和訳しなくてはいけないのですが私の英語力ですと時間がかかりすぎてしまいます。 どなたか教えていただけますよう宜しくお願いします。 ABOUT YOU: ○○ is one of the most successful resuaurant in Tokyo. What are the keys factors that you’ve implemented to the menu and restaurant to make it such a hit? How have you adapted your menus for Tokyo diners’ preferences? What do you enjoy the most about being a chef in Tokyo? As a chef have you ever tried something that you thought would be a hit but Japanese diners have not responded to? And vice-versa, has something in your restaurant been a hit in Japan that would not work elsewhere? DINING TRENDS: What dining and food trends are you seeing in Tokyo at the moment? How has dining out / the restaurant scene changed in Tokyo over the last five years? TOKYO RESTAURANTS: How do Japanese diner’s expectations compare to other cities in the world? (E.g., do they have high expectations from the chef, where the ingredients are from, the restaurant setting, the theme, trends, etc.)? What do you think makes Tokyo such a great culinary destination (for tourists who don’t live in Tokyo)? There are over 200,000 restaurants in Tokyo. What do the best restaurants need to do to stand out or get solid reputation? How important is it for Japanese diners to have menus that change seasonally? Does ○○ cater to this? TRADITIONAL JAPANESE CUISINE: Is has been said before that many young Japanese chefs prefer to study western cuisines instead of traditional Japanese cuisine. How true do you think this is? Is it a problem? How do you feel about the popularity of Japanese food around the world? Are you proud that so many people are eating Japanese food? Is Japanese food the same outside of Japan as within? Is the popularity of Japanese food globally changing traditional Japanese cuisine? E.g. Californian rolls were created in California and then were adapted by the Japanese. Has this happened in other areas? ○○ attracts foreign customers, foreign chefs and wait staff. Does this have an impact

• 英文レター抜粋 英文を添削して頂けたら助かります。

英文レターの抜粋です。 英文を添削して頂けたら、とても助かります。(日本語はご参考までです。) どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。<m(_’_)m>  We enjoyed not only eating lunch but also watching the scenery of Tokyo from the restaurant.  私たちはランチを食べることだけではなく、レストランからの景色も楽しみました。  You have a cat named Albus. Albus must be so cute because Albus is seven months old.  あなたはAlbusという名前の猫を 飼っているのですね。 Albusは七ヶ月ですから、とてもかわいいでしょうね。  I like watching American drama like "Ugly Betty", ”Desperate Housewives”, "Gossip Girl" etc..  私はアグリーベティ、ディスパレートな妻たち、ゴシップ ガールなど、アメリカのドラマを見るのが好きです。  In my free time, I like listening to music, too. My favorite singer group is "Crazy Ken Band". It might be the strange name of group, but their music is nice for me. haha.   私は暇な時に、音楽を聴くことも好きです。私の好きなシンガーグループは”クレイジーケンバンド”です。変なグループ名だけど、彼らの音楽は私にとって最高です。  I sometimes make pocket money selling my clothes, shoes, bags etc,, though the Internet Auction.  私は時々、私の服、くつ、バッグなどをインターネットオークションで売ってお小遣いを作ってます。  Did you also eat wasabi when you eat sushi? I can't eat wasabi! haha  すしを食べたとき、ワサビも食べましたか?私はワサビを食べる事が出来ません。w   My mail is pretty long! Thank you for reading. See you next time.  とても長い手紙になりました!読んでくれてありがとう。またね。 <m(_’_)m>どうも有難うございました。

• 英文和訳の添削お願いします!

英文和訳の添削お願いします! 自分の訳にあまり自信がないので、所々違っているところなどがないかチェックお願いします。 1,He regained his lead in the final lap of the race 彼はレースの最終ラップでリードを取り戻しました。 2,The President seemed to be the one who knew least about the crisis 大統領は危機が最も少ないと知っていたように思えました。 3,We left London at three in the afternoon 私たちは、午後3時にロンドンを出ました。 4,You should eat less and exercise than you expected あなた、思っていたよりも食事を減らすことと運動をするべきです。 5,Unemployment is now at its lowest level for 15 years 失業は現在15年間で最低水準です。又は(失業は15年間で今が一番最低水準です) 6,If something goes wrong,you'll be liable  何かまずいことが起こったら、あなたが責任を負うべきである。 7,Their views on marriage and divorce are very liberal 結婚と離婚に関する彼らの意見は非常に自由主義です。 8,You can borrow a copy from any public library あなたはどんな公立図書館からもコピーを借りることができます。 9,Have you got your driving licence yet?  あなたはまだ運転免許を持っていますか? 10,The children sat licking ice creams 子供はアイスクリームをなめながら座った。 11,He told them he could drive, but it was a lie 彼は運転できると彼らに言ったが、それは嘘だった。 12,She devoted her life to helping others  彼女は人生を人助けに専念した。 13,He achieved a lot in his short lifetime 彼は短い生涯で多くのことを達成した。 どれでもいいのでよろしくお願いします。

• LEFTの使い方

たとえばエクセルに きたひろしましおおまがりはくよう という文字(北海道の住所)があります。 これを「きたひろしまし」「おおまがりはくよう」と二つのセルに分けたいと思い、「=LEFT(H20,FIND("し”、H20)」としました。 すると、「きたひろし」しか取り出せません。 使い方が悪いのでしょうか。 なお原本は「郵便番号検索」から取り出してきたので、=PHONETIC() と、漢字からは取り出せません。

• Leftについて

以下についてお教えいただけないでしょうか? (1)We have only 2 mins left. このleftは文法的にどう考えたらいいのでしょうか? Have + O+ PP でしょうか? (2)There are only 2 months left until the meeting. このleftも文法的にどう考えたらいいのでしょうか? (1)も(2)も調べても文の構造がどうしてもわかりません。 出店は、自身の話をネイテュブが修正されたもので。 平易にご教授頂ければ幸甚です。

• left

〇She had left ☆She left 〇は彼女が出て行ってから時間がたっている←何時間も前 ☆は彼女は今さっき出て行った←数分前 こんな解釈でいいですか? お願いします。