大学院への出願条件についての疑問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • オーストラリアの大学院への出願条件について疑問があります。特に、「or equivalent with a grade point average of 4.5」という記述について理解できません。
  • バチェラーの学位を持っている場合、もしくは同等の学位で4.5のGPAを持っている場合に出願が可能なのか疑問です。
  • この文面からは、4.5の場合はどのような資格を持っていなければならないのかがわかりません。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この文章がよくわかりません・・

Bachelor's degree in any field or equivalent with a grade point average of 4.5 OR a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in the relevant field. オーストラリアの大学院に出願しようと思っているのですがentry requirementの欄に上記のような記述がありました。 「or equivalent with a grade point average of 4.5」のところなのですが、これはなぜorになっているのでしょうか?4.5がbachelorのgradeならand になると思うのですが。。4.5の場合は何の資格が4.5なのでしょうか? 分かりにくい文章で申し訳ありません。よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.1

こんにちは! Bachelor's degree in any field or equivalent with a grade point average of 4.5 【Bachelor's degree in any field】or【equivalent】です。 学士号取得者かそれに準じるもの、ということです。(学士号に匹敵するような資格なら認めると、柔軟性を持たせているのです) grade point averageはよくGPAと略されますが、成績を点換算したものです。 A=5 B=4 C=3 とか、国によって違いますが、これを平均したものです。 高校までの5段階評価での平均点と同じ考え方です。

007figure
質問者

お礼

お返事ありがとうございました。ようやく出願という時期になって、大学の成績の基準がたりてないかも!と泣きそうになったのですが、安心しました。

関連するQ&A

• ロンドン芸術大学の入学難易度

こんにちわ。 今大学3回生ですが、ヘアメイクにずっと興味があるのでヘアメイクの学校に行こうと思っています。 大学のプログラムでイギリスに留学したこともあり、英語も好きなのでせっかくならロンドンで学ぼうと思って学校を探したのですが、1か月などの短いコースのわりに高額な学費のところが多く、最終的に見つけたのがロンドン芸術大学のLondon college of fashionのヘアメーク(2年間)のコースなのですが、入学条件にportfolioの提出と One ‘A’ level pass in Art or Design (80 UCAS tariff points required) PLUS three GCSE passes in other subjects at grade C or above OR BTEC National Diploma in a relevant subject OR NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject OR A one year Foundation Diploma in Art and Design OR Access course in a related subject とありました。ポートフォリオも作ったこともありません。 この大学は全くの初心者が行くようなところではないのでしょうか? 行くためには日本でヘアメイクに専門学校などに行ってから受験したいいのでしょうか? 芸術大学への入学を事前にサポートする学校(日本で)も見つけたのですが、英語の授業は不要ですし、かなり高額だったのでそこへ行くことは厳しいです 将来はヘアメイクの仕事をしたいと思っています。 英語の条件はクリアしていますが、その他の条件が全くです。 ヘアメイクは趣味でたまに研究する程度です。 詳しい方おらっしゃいましたら教えてください。

• 次の文章の和訳をお願いします

No branch of sport sent more men to the colors from evry country in the world than tennis, and these men returned with glory or paid the supreme sacrifice on the field of honour.

• 次の文章の和訳をお願いいたします。

こんにちは。 次の英文の和訳をどなたか教えていただけませんか? You are required to give at least one month's notice in writing should you wish to leave the Company's employment. Conversely,should it be necessary for the company to terminate this contract,The Company shall give 30 days prior notice of ths same or dismiss the employee immediately and pay an amount equivalent to 30 days of the average wage. 宜しくお願いします。

• 関係代名詞

Of all the countries in which to graduate with a science PhD, Japan is arguably one of the worst. http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110420/full/472276a.html 第三パラグラフ第一文 上記の文のin whichの部分は関係代名詞だと思うのですが、構造が分かりません。主語、動詞が省略ということでしょうか? in which people are to graduate with a science phd で良いのでしょうか? 又、訳はどうなりますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いしたいです。コンピューター関係の書物の文章です。

翻訳をお願いしたいです。コンピューター関係の書物の文章です。 Consider a building that has two floors, with an escalator to carry people from one floor to the other. Ignoring queuing delays, the response time for a passenger is the mean time taken by the escalator to ascend or descend one floor. The throughput (bandwidth) is the mean number of passengers that can be loaded or per second. Suppose that an average of five people step on the escalator in one second, and that the escalator takes an average of 10 seconds to go up one floor. The response time for a passenger, therefore, is 10 seconds, and the throughput of the escalator is 5 passengers/second. Thus, the degree of parallelism, which is the mean number of passengers carried simultaneously, is 5*10=50. To see this, mark a passenger with a daub of red paint as she steps on the escalator. In the ten seconds that she takes to reach the top, we expect that fifty more passengers boarded the escalator. Thus, when she steps off, the escalator carries an average of fifty passengers, which is its degree of parallelism.

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

For regions where |b_i~|≦5.7, we have the same pattern in ⊿b~ and ⊿e~ as those for the case e_i~=0; i.e., they jump discontinuously by a bit change of δ* (see Fig.8). In the same manner as described for e_i~=0 we have tried to decompose up these discontinuous bands. Unfortunately we cannot succeed either in the complete decomposition, because there seems to exist an infinite series of the fine structure. But contributions of the fine structure to the average values, such as <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are found to be negligible too. In Figs.9 (a) and (b) the average values of <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are illustrated as a function of b_i~, where <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are defined as <⊿b~>=(1/2π)∫⊿b~dδ* (3.8) and <⊿e~>=(1/2π)∫⊿e~dδ*, (3.9) respectively. Fig.8. Some discontinuous bands of the change of the impact parameter for continuous variation of δ* with b_i~=3.0 and with e_i~4. Fig.9. (a) The change of the impact parameter, <⊿b~> and (b) the change of the eccentricity, <⊿e~> averaged over the parameter δ* for various values of b_i~ between -10 and 10 with e_i~=4. http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=2049108297.jpg ↑Fig.8. http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=5493230572.jpg7 ↑Fig.9. (a) and (b) 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

3.2. For the case e_i~=4  As seen from Fig.6, an orbit with a finite eccentricity curls (|b_i~|<4(e_i~/3)) or waves (|b_i~|>4(e_i~/3)) for the purely Keplerian motion which is realized when the planetary mass is very small or a particle is far from the planet. Therefore, δ, which is the relative phase differnce between the planet and the perigee point of the particle orbit near the planet, is expected to be one of the important parameters for determining the features of the two-body encounters. It is convenient to introduce, here, a phase parameter δ*, in place of δ, defined as δ*=δ-ε/(1-a^(3/2)).            (3・7) どうかよろしくお願いします。

• as の意味と用法

下の文のas の意味と用法が分かりません。 Join Matt Abrahams, a lecturer of Strategic Communication at Stanford Graduate School of Business, as he sits down with experts in the field to discuss real-world challenges. 前にカンマがありますが、接続詞ですか?また どういう意味で用いられているのでしょうか? 教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致します

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

2. Initial conditions for orbital integration To obtain <P(e, i)>, we must numerically compute a number of orbits of planetesimals with various values of b, τ, and ω for each set of (e, i) and then examine whether they collide with the protoplanet or not. In this section, we consider the ranges of b, τ, and ω to be assigned in orbital calculations, and give initial conditions for orbital integration. One can see in Eq. (6) that Hill’s equations are invariant under the transformation of z→-z and that of x→-x and y→-y; on the other hand, a solution to Hill’s equations is described by Eq. (7). From the above two characteristics, it follows that it is sufficient to examine only cases where 0≦ω≦π and b≧0. Furthermore, we are not interested in orbits with a very small b or a very large b; an orbit with a very small b bends greatly and returns backward like a horse shoe ( Petit and Hénon, 1986; Nishida, 1983 ), while that with a very large b passes by without any appreciable change in its orbital element. どうかよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。技術系です。

Relevant items important to safety shall be tested for loss of or failures in , the supporting systems, as far as practicable in the inactive stage, in accordance with the requirements established in the safety assessment.